“Great stay at the Jaz Mirabel Club.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jaz Mirabel Club

Jaz Mirabel Club
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great stay at the Jaz Mirabel Club.”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed at the Jaz Mirabel Club from 09 June - 16 June as two female travellers, aged 24 and 46. This was a first time in Sharm for us as mother and daughter and we were nervous having seen the media attention surrounding Egypt due to the current elections taking place. However, we went with an open mind and were pleasantly suprised!

Hotel - We had a twin room at the Club on the ground floor facing the pool. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Our room was cleaned daily by the housekeeper who was very friendly. There is a TV in the room, not flat screen but we didn't watch much TV. The bathroom was nice, there was a walk in shower that worked perfectly well, the drainage also worked fine. All in all we had no complaints. We were given fresh towels everyday and our beds were made very well. The air con works very well, and the patio doors were also great.

Pool - There are 3-4 large pools in the complex, we stayed at the Club pool mainly. It was very well maintained and had lifeguards patrolling daily. The beach/pool towels that you are given are great, there is no need to bring any beach towels with you. The beach bar is great serving drinks all day. There are watersides in the complex which are great fun! There are plenty of sun beds and the pool areas are kept very clean. The marble can get quite hot throughout the day so I would advise that flip flops are worn around the pool.

Staff - what can I say, all excellent! The bar staff and restaurant staff all great. The life guards and everyone that worked at the hotel are polite and friendly. They ask you how you are, how your day has been, they can't do enough for you.

Beach - is very nice and a 10 min walk through the resort. It is not a sandy beach, it is sandy but desert sand so there are small stones in the sand. You need shoes for the beach and sea, it hurts to walk without flip flops or sea shoes, if you don't have any, you can buy them from the hotel for a very cheap price. There is a beach bar which is great, serves alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, water and the best pineapple juice we have ever tasted! The sea is warm and shallow, you can walk out very far without being in deep water. There are no waves which we were surprised at, but this didn't really matter. There are plenty of sun loungers also. Watch out for the man with the camel, they will try to charge you for a picture so be careful if they stop to talk to you.

Food - Excellent, it is buffet style. Lots of choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lots of drinks and deserts also. The staff are the best part of the restaurant, so friendly and kind. Ahmed who seemed to be the manager was great and very friendly. We did not get any food poisoning, the meat is trustworthy. They do not serve pork, obviously being a muslim country and they did not cook lamb, not sure why. But there is plenty of beef and chicken on offer.

Animation team - Great fun! Very friendly, the evening entertainment is ok, I didn't think it was amazing, but they do their best to put on something. If you just want to sit and have a drink on the terrace that is also an option.

Trips - we booked 3 through ETS at the hotel, camel ride and star gazing which was amazing, quad biking and snorkelling at Ras Mohammed which was the best experience Ive ever had. We did not budget for Cairo and we regret not doing it, but it is about £160 GB pounds each to go.

Shops - There are shops at the hotel for gifts, suncream, clothes etc. You do not need to go out of the resort if you do not want to. The shop keepers are very forward and like to talk to you and get you to go into their shops, a polite no thank you does the trick, you do not need to be rude as they are very nice people.

Guests - There were a wide range of guests staying at the hotel when we were there, old, young and families, it is great for everyone. There were English people, German, Russian and Egyptian people staying there. Some of German and Russian can be loud and rude at times, but all in all the guests were pleasant.

Currency - We changed our money to Egyptian pounds before we left but we didn't know they accept dollars, Euros and english pounds there so looking back I wouldn't have changed money as we lost a few pounds with the change in currency. I would also take loose pounds so that you can tip the staff you liked at the end of the trip we gave 20 egyptian to some of the boys in the hotel and 30 to the housekeeper.

Naama Bay - We went here on the hotel shuttle, it cost about 4 English pounds each return and we booked it the day we went. Naama Bay is really something, they call it little Vegas because of the hustle and bustle and the noise. There are lots of shisha bars, shops etc. Being two women on our own we were very hassled by the shop keepers, they all try to sweet talk you and pay you compliments. We brought a few things but nothing much. I think if you have a male with you or you go in a group you will feel safer. Naama bay at night is not for children, its very loud and busy. There are lots of bars and restaurants if you want to eat out. Personally I didn't like it, I didn't feel overly safe with the men staring a lot and being approached so much. If you are of a nervous disposition or do not like loud or busy places then I wouldn't recommend it.

In conclusion, we had a great 7 days at the Club hotel, and would definitely go back. I have nothing to complain about, the hotel was great and the people are also great, they give Egyptian people a great reputation. If you are looking for somewhere that has a beach, pools, and is safe then this is the place for you, there is so much to do and they have pool activities also. If you are reading this review then all I can say is book the Club hotel its really great!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank AmyK50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ulverston
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The club is very good. The rooms are spacious and well furnished. The maintenance of cleaning can be variable, but is acceptable. The food is good, but like most all inclusive hotels can be a bit repetitious and on some nights is better than others. It was a bit quiet, but the numbers were low for the time of year. This suited us, but may not suit those looking for a livelier place. The evening entertainment was mostly entertaining for the wrong reasons.

The Club is part of larger complex of hotels comprising of the Club, Park and Beach that goes down from the road to the beach. The Park is furthest from the beach. The Park and the Beach cost more than the Club, so the question is it worth it?

Residents of the club can use the beach, but they are not supposed to use any of the facilities of the Beach and Park parts of the complex, though these does not appear to be anything to stop you using the pools at the Park and Beach and it is only at the restaurants and bars where your wrist bands are checked. What is on offer at the bars is the same and the food appears to be similar in the Beach, but is better presented, the restaurant area has a better ambiance and there is a choice of an adult only dining area. Residents of the Beach (not sure about the Park) get to use choice of Al a Cart restaurants three times per week, however this something that you can buy for £60 for two. The general appearance of the lobby and the other shared areas at the Beach is better than the Club and the rooms appear to be better furnished, but are the same size and had the same facilities.

There doesn’t appear to be anything to choose between the Club and the Park. If we go back again we will stick with the Park unless the price of the Beach is within £50 per person per week.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Thinboy
Aylesbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2012

46 mosquito bites, a fall, an Ambulance to Hospital, 5 X-rays (3 to back, 2 to wrist) double fracture to wrist and very battered coccyx! ......But it’s ok because the Manager says ‘people fall there every day, it’s because it’s wet and that makes it very slippery’!!!!! .. (He then laughed and said he slips in his shower all the time too!!!).........NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

How it started......
Day 1 / Sat 9th (Ant Hell)
When we arrived at J.M.Club the welcome was disorganised and after asking 3 times we got our wrist bands and were off to see our room.
They took us to a ground floor room, it seemed ok at first, while my Husband was being shown how to use the safe, I wandered over to the window to check out our view, as I opened our curtains I was horrified to see HUGE RED WOOD ANTS all over the outside of the glass and as I looked down they were all over the floor too! Needless to say, I couldn’t get out of there quick enough!
Rather than understanding my concern, this seemed to be an inconvenience to both the porter and the reception staff who rambled on in Egyptian and finally issued us with another room on the 2nd floor.
The bathroom was less than clean, large scum marks on the sink and the shower needed a good bleach and scrub to shift the mildew, but I thought they would rectify this the next day as they were not expecting us in that room.....WRONG!
Day 2/ Sun (Bites are us!)
Woke up with 46 mosquito bites! Cleaner came, bathroom looked just as dirty! Pool lovely, food lovely, nice chill out and found out from other ‘bite victims’ (of which there were loads) that if you request it they will ‘spray’ your room. This we requested from 2 senior members of staff but when we returned in the evening (bodies sprayed from head to toe with repellent) there were no dead mosquitoes in the room and a very alive one staring at me on the wall (looking at me for a 2nd course!!!) we rang reception and they said they would send someone right away ½ hour later we rang again and by the time they came I had to wake my husband as he had fallen asleep!

Day 3/Mon (Meet the Cleaner Day)
Amazing weather and amazing bites! Very tired after a night of burny itchy legs......Even after antihistamines and bite cream I’d swollen up so much we had to go to the Pharmacy! ....Bring on the heavy duty steroid stuff!
Returned to room.....Bathroom still dirty, bed not changed, floor still had dead mosquitoes on (Yep, we finally killed the little ‘beeps’!!)
Bumped into our cleaner and he stopped us, informed us that he was our cleaner & asked ‘everything OK?’ (think he was after a tip) I said no and showed him all the above!!
Lovely Pool, food, sun.......

Day 4/Tue ( Ant in food Day!)
Another sleepless night of itching bites, finally got to sleep and slept through breakfast!.. Went to snack bar which is supposed to be open all morning and waited over an hour for the chef (lunchtime by now) Greek Salad looked good, fancied that with some tuna! Greek salad said it came with olives and feta...Yumm ..Turned up no olives, no feta! Asked for them, came back with 3 olives, asked again for feta then was told chef says feta doesn’t go with tuna!! Said I love feta with tuna please and eventually got a few chunks of feta... Finally getting stuck in and found an enormous dead Ant in the salad... !!!
Room almost clean, sink still minging!
In the evening we were given comment/feedback slips at dinner (main restaurant food was fantastic) My time had come!! Lol!

Day 5/ Wed (Day Trip to Hospital)
Itch free night ...Yeay! ( Good old steroids!) Room cleaned, suddenly we have robes in the bathroom, towel art on bed and slippers! New cleaner stopped me and asked how the room was and after pointing out the sink he finally scrubbed the scum off! Happy days!
It was obvious that the comment slip had been discussed as we were treated like royalty at breakfast and lunch... even given a platter of fruits!
All seemed good until we decided to try out the slides........
The slides are very popular with kids (& ‘big kids’) and at the bottom you come out onto the tiled area and then go up the steps again, this causes a lot of water to just sit and there was a wet floor sign, however it is impossible to get to the steps without walking over the wet floor....
NB Hotel!! ..LARGE SMOOTH TILES AND WATER = DEATH TRAP!
Walking very carefully and slowly (I’ve not long recovered from a knee injury, so caution was very much on my mind) my feet slipped from under me and body followed, smack onto the concrete /tiled floor – SO SLIPPERY IT TOOK SEVERAL PEOPLE TO GET ME UP!!....... Staff ran around and were very helpful with ice pack etc, 45mins of agony waiting for the Dr to come to his clinic but when he did come he was very thorough (thank you Dr!) ambulance to hospital with suspected left wrist fracture, right wrist sprain and back/coccyx damage. 5 x-rays later, confirm double fracture to left wrist, thankfully my coccyx was just battered not broken. (This was not the sort of getting plastered I had hoped for on my holiday evening!)
There is an English interpreter at the South Sinai Hospital (what a relief) and she couldn’t believe that there was yet another casualty from our hotel complex!
When we returned we had an evening of all the other guests showing concern and telling us of all the other accidents that have happened in the same area – we were HORIFIED AT THE NEGLECT OF THE HOTEL on this OBVIOUS HEALTH & SAFETY ISSUE!

Day 6/ Thur (Pain and Hotel Denial)
We asked to speak the Hotel Manger and a young english female member of the management team named Jodie came to speak to us. I found her very cold and on an obvious mission to try and shut us up! She stressed that I should be happy because I hadn’t broken my back and it was good that it was only my wrist broken (No Thanks To Them!) and that accidents happen at home or on holiday! (Don’t know about you but I never leave large pools of water on slippery floors and expect people to walk over them!!!) She did wish me a speedy recovery and asked if I needed anything (bit late for that!) and I KEPT STRESSING MY CONCERN THAT THEY MAKE SURE NO ONE ELSE GETS HURT IN THE SAME AREA! Guess what that very morning another lady fell in exactly the same spot and smashed her skull!! ( No wonder they have an ambulance based at the hotel!!)
HOTEL- THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!! And the 3 apples on a plate with a sorry to hear about your injury letter (left in our room) don’t make up for it!!

Day 7/ Fri (Passport held until insurance pay up!)
Note to anyone who gets injured in Egypt – THEY TAKE YOUR PASSPORT off you (‘for identification’) & DON’T GIVE IT BACK!!
We were told on the Wednesday that the Hospital had to keep my passport until the treatment was completed and I had returned on Friday to get my cast split and strapped (to allow for expansion when flying) and they had issued me a ‘Safe to fly’ certificate.... this sort of made sense until we realised they were holding onto it to make sure the insurance paid up and until the insurance had cleared they were not going to give it back!!! :o/ THIS IS ILLEGAL! Only Police or government officials have the right to hold onto passports! After some traumatic exchanges with our Insurance company and Hospital officials (just what you need when you’re injured & in pain) we finally got my passport back 8.30pm Fri Night ready to fly home Sat!

Last Day! /Sat (Compensation!?? My ‘Apples’!)
We are hassled about our luggage being collected when we already booked late check-out when we booked our Holiday.
MR HITCHAM SAID General Manager of the Jaz Mirabel Resort popped over to see us by the pool (just to make sure we can’t enjoy our last hour of sun!!) and was very pleased with himself for arranging a late check out FREE for us was very jovial while he HAPPILY ADMITTED that ‘PEOPLE FALL OVER THERE EVERY DAY’ it’s ‘BECAUSE IT’S WET AND IT MAKES IT VERY SLIPPERY’....he then laughed and said he often slips in his shower because it is wet too!!
He then leaves us a copy of the ‘Accident report which states....
COMPENSATION: Fruit Basket (oh, that must have been those 3 apples) and free late check out!!! (that’ll be the one we paid for when we booked!!)
GET ME OUT OF THIS PLACE!! Bring on England and someone who understands this is not acceptable....or Funny!

Room Tip: Make sure the room has been cleaned thoroughly & has been sprayed for mosquito's!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Zena C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Currently here and loving every second. managed to get a cracking deal for 2 weeks all inclusive for £1280 in total for 2 adults. Booked through travelrepublic.co.uk and used Eygptair from Heathrow. Rooms big, clean, food OK (fresh and clean) pools and beach very clean with a nice breeze on beach. For the snorkellers then there are a few sunken big ships just in front of hotel. (nearly half a mile walk in crystal clear waters no deeper than your thighs to get there but worth it) The hotel excepts English money so we only took 500 Egyptian pounds for tips etc.. entertainment OK with various things happening around the resort. Staff very attentive and eager for you to be happy even though they will nod and say yes if they don't actually understand you fully (expect some surprise drinks) The food in the Beach hotel and park hotel exactly the same so I cannot see the reason to pay a premium for the other hotels as you can use the whole facility. Finally, don't bother paying for internet connection at reception as you should be able to connect to the free lobby WiFi from balcony or pool side :-)

Room Tip: Ask for 1st or 2nd floor to avoid possible ants
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TRACEY_COLLINS1969
crawley
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Arrived at Jaz Mirabel Club on 24th May. Staff, room, food were all fantastic. Really great value for money. We could not find fault in a single thing with the whole resort. Our room was cleaned every day by Mahamoud who would do amazing things with the towels to welcome you back to your room. The staff couldn't do enough for you, they were all so friendly and happy to help with anything. All the food was delicious so delicious i put on 5 pound! But thats what holidays are for. Lots of pools to choose from on the resort complex. Cocktails were great.The beach was lovely. Wish could have stayed for longer than a week. Would def return to this hotel if we ever return to Egypt. Thoroughly recommend this whole resort. All hotels are a very high standard and would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of going to Sharm.

Room Tip: All rooms were great, just don't shut door behind you when you go on balcony or you'll lock...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wayne w
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed here for the first week in June. Firstly we found the Hotel was kept spotlessly clean and every effort made to prevent Egyptian tummy with hand cleansers situated at all Restaurants. The areas round the pool were washed every morning and sunbeds and tables washed also. Accomodation is good we had a larger room even though only two of us it would have accomodated four easily. Staff are all very helpful and friendly as it is fully inclusive there was no problem with trying to ration drinks these were supplied on a regular basis and you could help yourself including a very good coffee/tea m/c. WiFi is free in the Lobby/Bar area and I connected each night without any trouble. Breakfast is continental and therefore to English residents a little restricted lunch and dinner is buffet style and is a bit restricted in choice but of a good quality. If you like a beach this is a 5 minute walk through the complex. Snorkelling however is non existant as the pier over the coral reef is long and when you get to the end the sea is very rough one guy tried whilst we were on the pier and cut himself badly. As the hotel was only about 30% occupied during our stay we had no problem finding a sunbed with shade but if full or near to capacity this may be a problem. I would have no problem in recommending this hotel for value and of a good standard

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank LaurieLuton
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I just returned after staying at the club for a week withy girlfriend. I have been to sharm a number of times staying in Nama bay for diving but this was my first all inclusive.
The club Is located about 20 minutes drive from Nama bay which is a bit of a pain but the complex is very nice if you are planning on mainly staying in. The club although the cheapest of the 3 jaz mirabel resorts I think has the nicest pool area and best location, the rooms are very spacious and have a lovely balcony over looking the pool. The food was always ok and never went hungry. The staff are great but in particular sayed shaban the bar waiter in the lobby bar of the club. He looked after us and nothing was too much bother, also go se great hints on where to go and what you should pay. I would definately go back again as overall it was amazing value and very family friendly if you do have one.

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Barcelo Tiran Sharm
Barcelo Tiran Sharm
#11 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#92 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay

Been to Jaz Mirabel Club? Share your experiences!