“Rooms Jaded, outside, food and staff great.”
Review of Jaz Mirabel Club

Jaz Mirabel Club
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The jaz mirabel club is part of a complex that includes the mirabel beach and park hotels. in order of grandeur of the reception, beach is 1st, park 2nd and club quite a way 3rd. in the mirabel beach it had 5 stars displayed and it seemed to warrant it. in the mirabel club reception no stars were displayed but i would give the reception and the hotel rooms 3 stars based on my previous stays to Spanish hotels. the 1st room we received a deluxe family room was depressing, with stained bedding e.g. ink stains from children, curtain poles hanging off the wall, collapsed bed rests, writing on the walls, and various stains such as what looked like gravy on the glass table top. we asked for the double bed room rather than twin as we booked, and the room had a slightly better feel, probably as it was not used by families with children, however the cleanliness was not acceptable with stains on the bathroom wall tiles which were there all week. aside from changing towels, tidying and making the bed not sure any cleaning was done. the furniture was adequate and functional and size of the room was good. the shower was hot whenever need. we were maybe unfortunate with a leaking toilet, a blocked sink, a day without any tv signal and a phone with no outside connection available.there are no bath robes or slippers provided as was pictured in the travel agents description of the hotel.

as residents of mirabel club we could use the mirabel park facilities but not the mirabel beach. the public areas, pool, bars, were fine, the food was very nice, we were not ill during the stay. the slight problem with the buffet was sometimes capacity for the fresh cooked items, e.g. waiting for an omelet at breakfast could be a 10 minute wait, similar issues with chips running out, etc, but generally we enjoyed the food and the range of food. the buffet restaurant had some outside seating which was romantic in the evening.

the managers, reception,buffet and bar staff were pleasant, eager to please, humorous, the cleaning staff were less well customer trained though, a few times we experienced being steam roller-ed out of the way by a man with a mop etc, but this was not a big problem.

the gym looked good, and the health suite was great, with the hottest sauna i have ever experienced , there are two saunas the older one being hot enough to burn your bum and feet within seconds of touch down, so take a towel to sit on, i enjoyed this but i suspect most should head for the new one. steam room smelled quite bad the 1st time i went, but on subsequent visits it was better.

the resort had its own souk or shoping mall made up of small shops, plenty of stuff to buy and haggle for.

beach area was good, with a bar for drinks, nice clear waters with some tropical fish in.

i enjoyed the holiday because of the pleasant staff, the pleasant public areas, the nice food, i wish there was an internet room, or games room, or more activities throughout the day as sometimes i was a little bored. the room was functional but jaded, 3 star, we wouldn't have minded but for anticipation from other reviews and the website we booked that it would be a 5 star top quality room.

drinks all day everyday was needless to say very good.

the agents; Egyptian tourist service were very good, helpful, good English speakers.

Ive included some photos of the room so you don't think we are just hard to please, as well as some very nice pictures of the resort generally.

thank you to my girlfriend for generously buying this holiday for my 40th birthday, a good time was had and we would go back.

Room Tip: avoid family deluxe rooms if there are only two adults, as these rooms are more worn out. take bath...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve H
LucyMoore85, Guest Relation Officer at Jaz Mirabel Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear Guests,
On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your recent review on your recent stay with us at The Jaz Mirabel Resort.
We are pleased to hear that our staff, surroundings and food played a significant part in your holidays enjoyment,
We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your room. Our rooms are inspected and cleaned every day to our highest standard, and any maintenance issues are dealt with straight away.
We were not made aware of any issues in your room during your stay; we could have rectified any problems for you immediately.
We are happy to announce we have been awarded with the prestigious “Certificate of Excellence” due to the consistent positive feedback received from our guest’s comments and high recommendations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny resort in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Jaz Mirabel Club

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I would like to express my frustrations with a recent experience I had at Jaz Mirabel Club Hotel.

After positively review (TripAdvisor) of the Jaz Mirabel Club Hotel, me and my boyfriend decided to book this hotel, but I recently came across an unexpected problem, which should not happen at this well - regarded hotel. My purpose of writing bad review is to get you noticed about the serious matter and altogether I have asked for full holiday refund for one person, which is half the price we have paid.

On 28/02/2013 I have confirmed my stay in Sharm El Sheik. We were looking further to this trip to enjoy our vacation staying there. We knew what we can expect as it was our 4th time in Egypt and 2nd at Jaz Mirabel Hotel. We were at Jaz Mirabel Beach few years ago and we were very happy with provided service. Before booking I have checked review to be sure to make a right decision.

On 18th April we arrived to the Jaz Mirabel Club. After checking in we were given a room, which was located on the ground floor (room nr. 4155) with horrible smell, where no one could stay, so we requested another room. The receptionist assured us, that we will receive the best room in the hotel and next day we moved to a different room (nr. 4327). I have to highlight, that on your website an information can be found, that Jaz Mirabel Club has been built to the same high standard as it's sister hotel the Jaz Mirabel Beach Resort. I strongly disagree with that. I have to say, that Jaz Mirabel Beach has much higher standard. It is misleading. I travel a lot, I have been in Germany, Brussels, Austria, France, England, Thailand etc... and I have never seen 5 stars hotel in similar conditions like this one. I am wondering how Jaz Mirabel Club can have those stars, where tiles were damaged, windows were not cleaned properly, bed sheets were washed, but with lots of stains, live wires etc.... We have paid lots of money for our holiday and it was not worth it when compares to others hotels in Sharm El Sheik.

There was a situation, where we have met one unpleasant waiter, who approached us on the last day of our stay being very friendly for the first time and asked if we want to buy a few bottles of alcohol. I was surprised, that he was offering alcohol for sale, whilst they served watery drinks.
I also would like to mention evening entertainments, which were good, but there were too many Russian songs. I have been in a few hotels in Egypt before and first time I have seen Russian culture as a dominant. This is ridiculous. We have booked holiday in Egypt, not in Russia. I understand multiculturalism, but in my opinion it was too much, there should be more reflection of the Egyptian culture, tradition etc...

The worse situation was with bed bugs, which were in our bed. I was bitten by them after first night in the room 4327. Next day I discovered red marks on my legs, they were itching every evening and I felt discomfort. I thought I was bitten by mosquitoes, I knew the hotel had something from them on the palm trees, but I thought maybe it did not work. Once I found one black worm on the bed, but I ignored it, but when I saw another worm (this time it was smaller, reddish worm) I decided to take a picture. After few days I came back home, I was sitting on my sofa and still scratching my legs and I was surprised by number of marks on my skin. I started to read about worms in bed and I realised, that I was bitten by bed bugs! I had no idea that these worms can suck your blood and you can bring them to your own home and have a huge problem! I have to say, that I am disappointed, that management from Jaz Mirabel Club do not care enough about client’s health, some people are allergic to bed bugs and it is dangerous.

On Saturday 27/04/2013 me and my partner went to see the doctor and he diagnosed me with bed bugs bites. We paid 80 Euro for this visit and are looking to get that money refunded as well.
I could have contacted SunSearch Holiday earlier, but I was panicking, that I might have brought bed bugs with me. I wanted to wait few days and be sure, that my personal belongings are clear of bugs and further professional and costly treatment (Pest Control) will not be necessary.
Going on holidays should be stress and hassle free. I have paid a lot of hard earned money for this trip and I am totally unsatisfied with my overall treatment and stress after coming back home. Bed bugs are really unpleasant and dangerous and once brought home could be really expensive to get rid of.

I would also like to mention the quality of food served on the plane. It was poor and tasteless. I have been on many planes in my life, but AMC airlines provided us with the worst service we have ever experienced.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Magdalena M
JodiBoyce, Guest Relations Manager at Jaz Mirabel Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review. As the team of Jaz Mirabel Resort, we consider each and every comment and critique of our valued guests to be very important, and they always guide us to keep our service quality and satisfaction at the top level.

We are fully aware of your letter from the previous correspondences through your travel agencies. After your return home in April, we have received exactly the same letter that you posted here as a review. Following the intensive investigation, it has been clearly proved that your claims were unfortunately untrue, hence you couldn’t benefit out of it. Later you have sent notification to the hotel, stating if we do not fulfill your request, that you would post this letter to TripAdvisor. We didn’t fulfill your request and we didn’t answer your message which contains unfair threats. TripAdvisor is an open platform for everybody and people share their experiences during their holiday, but Tripadvisor is not a place to be misused for the unfair benefits or threats or fault stories.

For us, as Jaz Mirabel Team, the most important thing is unlimited guest satisfaction in terms of hospitality, cleanliness, safety, hygiene, service, entertainment, environment, to name but a few. We are always open to criticism from our guests, to rectify any mistake, which we may make without purpose. Therefore we proudly achieve always very high guest satisfaction which is obvious in all reviews and feedback.

We can clarify some facts about your recent stay at the Jaz Mirabel Club. The Beach, Park & Club hotels are all part of the Jaz Mirabel Resort, and there are some differences between each hotel, however the buildings and quality are allof the same high standard. The room issue you mention was rectified as per your request by moving rooms, and we are sorry for the inconvenience. The new room was checked thoroughly before you moved. Everything was in order and you did not report any issues. The rooms are also checked by the housekeeping team, as they are cleaned on a daily basis. If there are any areas which need attention they are addressed immediately.

Your comments regarding staff selling alcohol are illogical; this is an all inclusive resort and our guests are entitled to order as many drinks as they would like. We find it strange that if something of this nature has happened that you did not choose to report it in the hotel, but you will write it on TripAdvisor.

We provide a variety of international and local entertainment and our acts are entertaining a variety of nationalities, all of whom are welcome to stay within our international resort.

Unfortunately we are unable to accept your comments regarding the bed bugs, we have very strict pest control and the hotel is monitored and audited by Cristal for Health and Hygiene. We are pioneer hotel which controls the room cleaning procedure and hygiene by the international Health and Safety Company considering scientific criterias. I am pleased to inform you that we have never had bed bugs in our hotel as we follow all procedures to prevent this.

We also agree that holidays are for relaxing and enjoying. This is why we are so pleased to see so many positive reviews as it indicates how satisfied our guests are with their experience in the Jaz Mirabel Resort.

Kind regards,
Jodi Boyce
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2013

From start to finish this holiday was exceptional. Me and my boyfriend arrived on the 25th June and stayed for 2 weeks. When we arrived we were checked in quickly and efficiently (no unnecessary waiting) we were taken to our room by one of the bell boys whose name I can't remember but he was very helpful with information. We had a slight problem with the room when we first got it, the air conditioning was leaking and had made a puddle just outside the bathroom but within 10-15 minutes it had been dealt with and no further problems throughout the holiday. Our room cleaner was nice, he would give us a different towel design most days and always said hello to us In the morning even if he was cleaning somebody else's room! We did tip him every now and then but we both felt we would receive the same service even if we didn't tip. The food at the hotel is yummy! Me and my boyfriend always found something we enjoyed, morning breakfast can be a bit repetitive but we just decide to have toast. Santos at the sunrise bar by the pool is absolutely lovely, he would run around all day with a constant full up tray of drinks, he would even get to know what drinks we wanted and would have them ready for us when we got to the sunbeds! He is a credit to the hotel and made our stay even more enjoyable, I hope the hotel management takes note of that. Both me and my boyfriend had an amazing time at Jaz Mirabel Club and wish to return in the future!

Chloe & Dan (room 4214)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank chloe119

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your wonderful summary about your recent vacation at The Jaz Mirabel Resort and we are very pleased that we could provide you with a great holiday.
We are delighted that our standard of service, cleanliness and the friendly atmosphere of our Resort exceeded your expectations and that you consider our hotel to be of top quality, clean, well run and efficient .
Thank you very much for recognizing the efforts of our staff in making your stay such an enjoyable one, they really are a credit to us and we are very proud of their achievements.
We will ensure that your kind words are passed onto the entire team.
We will be very happy to welcome you back in the near future for another brilliant holiday.
Warm Wishes,

Reviewed 11 July 2013

This was our first holiday to Egypt and the Thomson travel agent confirmed our expectations and we were really impressed. The minute we were dropped off from the Airport and stepped into the hotel foyer, we were greeted by the lovely Julie and given a refreshing complimentary drink. The hotel staff were all really polite and check-in at Reception was hassle free. Our suitcases were dropped off at our room 2 minutes after we had walked through the door. The room was very spacious, beds comfortable and clean and I’d never seen such a large walk in shower. We had clean towels and bedding every day. The hotel grounds and gardens were so spacious and clean and there were always plenty of sunbeds available and not many being reserved with towels! Great water slides too.

Thomas (Tamer) always made sure we were comfortable around the pool and was pleasant with everyone. Ahmad from the animation team was very entertaining and infectiously funny throughout the day and continued this into the evening for the kids club. He always took the time to come and speak to us and tell us what entertainment was on that evening.

Restaurant Flooka was very spacious and there was an excellent variety of food choices. The chefs would go out of their way to ensure you had what you needed and made sure the food stations were replenished quickly. The restaurant waiters were always busy clearing tables promptly and replenishing with clean table cloths, cutlery, napkins. Particular mention to Mohammed who managed the dining area outside Flooka, nothing was too much trouble and he was very efficient in ensuring we had everything we needed.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will be going back again very soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kath6969
LucyMoore85, Guest Relations Officer at Jaz Mirabel Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear Guests,
Firstly we would like to thank you for your kind and detailed comments and we are so happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us at The Jaz Mirabel Resort.
Thank you for recognizing the efforts of our staff in making your stay such an enjoyable one, and please be assured that your comments have been passed onto the entire team.
Thank you very much for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny resort very soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

ended up in this hotel after leaving the st George lovely hotel staff lovely spotless rooms lovely defo go back rooms around the pools are lovely your towels are always put on your sunbed ready for you

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank caroline j

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your positive comments on your recent stay with us at The Jaz Mirabel Resort.
We are pleased to hear that you had an excellent holiday here with us after leaving your original hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Me and my partner have just got back from jaz club, we was very very happy with the hotel,we had a family delux pool view room just right of the snack bar ! Which was a fantastic location,we spent a lot of time at the holiday village which is first choice backed and considering you pay a lot more for there the jaz was not by any means any different other than lots of people were ill at the holiday village and we along with many friends we met was ok,as expected you get staff that were better than others but this you get anywhere ! The food was good I'm a fussy eater but never struggled to obtain an half decent meal per day ! We had a fantastic cleaner who for the first week have us some really really good towel displays in are room ! But then he went on holiday and we got another cleaner who could not be bothered to be fair ! I accept this is a small thing but these small things compleat your stay whilst at any hotel ! Only down fall I would say is the walk to the beach is quite far ! Not pleasant in the hot heat lol ! The night entrainment needs mixing up a little bit to accommodate different ages ! And the fact we seen the staff on the main door every day and we spoke to get taxis from outside and 5 times whilst we was there we got stopped taken to the side and had are bags checked when we was coming back in the hotel ! My partner got quite upset with this as she felt it became personal and it was confusing to say we could of been speaking to the security guard on the way out and on the way in it was like we had never met ! Weird ! One small thing I would like to add is on the last day we paid to share a room for a few of us to get changed ect before coming home that cost us £23 we went up at 12.30 to hand are cards in for the other rooms and whilst there we was told our flight had been changed and moved forward one hour and needed to be out the hotel by 1.20 to make it !! At this time we was just about to get lunch because we believed that are collection time was not till 3.05pm ! This became a massive rush now and the rep was useless (med hotel) we was upset because they still took the money of us for late checkout when really we never needed it ! Unfair to be honest but never mind !! After all are flight was still the same so we only spent 4 & half hours in the airport ! Bummer ! Other than these trivial things we truly enjoyed the stay ! We were planning on going back in November but I will look around first now after the last day problem as it just killed all are excitement !

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us in the Jaz Mirabel Club.
It is a pleasure to hear that the facilities and surroundings were a significant part of the enjoyment of your holiday. I can assure you your feedback has already been passed onto the entire management team.
We are sorry that you were bothered by our strict security procedures, however all our actions are in the best intentions for the safety towards our guests.
We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I have just got back and this hotel is lovely. It doesn't look much from the front but once you get through the reception it couldn't be better! We had a few issues when we first got there because they had put us (2 girls) in a double room. After speaking to the reception this was quickly changed and our new room was stunning with really nice views over the pool. The food was also very good and there was a diiferent theme each evening. The staff were very friendly. We could also use the pools, bars and most of the facilities from the Park and the Beach (same chain) which made it more varied. The beach also has a nice little shopping centre with handbag and trinket shops. I feel that the only downside to this hotel was the rude Russian tourists but if you choose a date when there aren't many of them there i'm sure you will have a fantastic time!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Debra M

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review about your recent vacation at The Jaz Mirabel Resort and we are very pleased that we could provide you with a great holiday.
We are happy that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Jaz Belvedere
Jaz Belvedere
#30 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Jaz Mirabel Club? Share your experiences!