“Fabulous staff, food & facilities!”
Review of Jaz Mirabel Club

Jaz Mirabel Club
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous staff, food & facilities!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

If you are looking for a first rate hotel by the Red Sea with outstanding staff, delicious food, excellent facilities and top security, look no further.

This is my very first review here because I felt I could not resist sharing my recent experience at Jaz Mirabel Club.

I came to the hotel alone following a recent break up with my boyfriend. To be honest, I was quite prejudiced against coming on my own, having never done this before.

Overall, I had a fabulous experience!

The staff deserves special praise, everyone was attentive and very friendly without being invasive which is what I was initially very cautious about. There are too many people to list here, everyone I met was brilliant, but Mohammed at reception gave me a free upgrade and went an extra mile to make everything I asked for possible. Bahaa at the Sunrise bar ensured that everyone by the bar and pool areas were never without a drink; his impeccable sense of humour made it ever so special. Samy and Adam at the Fukka restaurant looked after me very well. Ramon surprised me every day with his creative towel art. I would very much like to know how to make it myself now!

The resort consists of the three hotels, Club, Park and Beach. The latest, being considerably more expensive, is supposed to be the best one but as far as I could tell, there is very little difference between the three. Club is the newest and feels clean and well groomed.

Without any reservation, I am starting to look at the dates I can come back to Jaz Mirabel Club again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank Nat S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
fareham
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a week in March. No problems at all. All staff were so good but have to give mention to Desouky who ran the pool side sunrise bar, he had the biggest smile, and always ready to look after all your drinks. Adam in the restaurant, just could not do enough for you, Ibrahim who took care of the room and provided different towel art daily. And Mohammad in reception who was of huge help. I hope to return next year, however I am finding that the better he trip advisor reports the higher the price goes up! We looked to return with the children in October but the price was too high.
It's worth going back just to see the staff again! Food great, different every day. What I would suggest is remember these people are working for next to nothing so tipping is really appreciated and gratefully received!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andiparker
Cheadle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Having been to Nabq Bay for four consecutive years; I feel as though I must write a review for this particular resort.

We normally book our holiday through Thomson, but due to their horrific price increase, we decided to book via Travel Republic - to note there were no issues with the travel provider, considering we did not have a rep in the resort.

Check in was straight forward, we were swiftly shown to our room on the first floor. The room was clean, very spacious and was overlooking the pool.

Due to the resort being quiet the restaurant we ate in belonged to the sister hotel Jaz Mirabel Park. Our waiter Ahmad thoroughly looked after us from the start of our holiday, right through to our last day. His tricks kept us guessing. The food was lovely and warm, a wide variety of dishes were available to choose from too.

There are two all inclusive bars which can be used by the Jaz Mirabel Club guests; the one in the Park and the one in the Club.

We found the Club bar to be peaceful and welcoming. A full cocktail menu is available and the mojitos are the best I have ever tasted. The bar man was wonderful, I just wish I could remember his name to thank him. I 'think' it may have been Mohammed. The bar did not have mint available one day so I was drinking another cocktail, when the bar had restocked, our wonderful bar man did not forget, and I was drinking mojitos again.

The pool is cool as it was not heated, due to there not being many guests, there was no need to heat it unnecessarily, as there was a heated one around the corner.

Sunbeds and towels are provided. I cannot stress how quiet the Club's pool area is so if you want and need a peaceful getaway this is the perfect place for this time of the year.

There is a beach which is a short stroll away, not the best beach I've been to in Sharm, but still worth a wander to.

With regards to the hotel I can honestly say that we always stay in a four/five star hotel and this is the best one which we have stayed in.

Just to summarise, the staff are wonderful who cannot do enough for you, the surroundings are peaceful and it really is the ideal place to stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lisab685
Blackpool
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My first visit to this complex and would happily return. All the staff were polite, helpful but always ready to joke and smile despite their long working hours. The hotel rooms are clean with attentive housekeeping services and efficient friendly staff on reception. All the staff under the Food and beverage managers Mr Adel and Mr Sami work very hard to make sure they give excellent level of service. Sharm is very quiet because of security concerns but dont be put off to travel there.these hardworking Egyptian people need our support i always felt completely safe and i made a lot of new friends on my trip and plan to come back later in the year.Thanks to you all

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank smitty1505
Edinburgh
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We had a winter break here in December and for a week it was very good. All public areas were kept exceedingly clean which was nice to see.
On arrival at the airport you get a quick idea to the mentality of the locals which largely involves ‘haggling’ which if you’re on an intended quiet holiday, it is the last thing you want!
My only gripe was the selection of food, when I go abroad I like to taste the local delicacies, found the hotel was trying to cater for the guests who were still mentally stuck back home in Britain.
Overall, thoroughly enjoyed our stay, staff were largely friendly, lovely spacious rooms and plenty space around pools so you don’t have people invading your personal bubble!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bigscot1982
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just returned from our fifth visit to the Jaz Mirabel Beach. I must admit, arriving tired, it did cross my mind that this might perhaps be our last time at the Jaz - maybe need to try somewhere different and see another part of the coastline, I thought - but by the end of our first full day we're determined, again, that we'll be back.

In the past there wasn't really much to gripe (or rave) about the food or the restaurants but, this time, we soon found the overall dining experience to have improved significantly. It was more enjoyable than we'd remembered from before - the service, the atmosphere and, in particular, the food.

Other changes - the self-service facilities for soft (and hot) drinks has been tweaked and works well. Also welcome are the tea and coffee making facilities in each room, as are the towelling robes. There's also now a newly opened food court on the beach - hot, buffet style - from 1pm to 5pm.

For anyone who's never been to the Jaz Mirabel Beach, the other good reviews really do give a true picture. It is the perfect place to go for some winter sun, to chill out and recharge your batteries - particularly if you're wanting to stay put and not go out and about. It covers a huge area, feels quite grand, and is so well laid out that there's no danger of you feeling couped up. It's not 5-star as we know it but it is very, very good - comfortable, clean, friendly, and the staff help make it feel like a home from home.

On the tipping front - a topic referred to in many of the not so good reviews - my 'tips' are: (1) we've gone a whole holiday in the past without tipping until the last day and found there to be little difference in the service - although if I was to go to the Jaz at a busy time I would definitely tip at the start. (2) engage in conversation with the person you're about to tip - to determine if he's going to be there for the duration of your holiday. (3) tipping early on is a good idea if you'd like to return to a same spot at the pool area or beach every day - as you will get the offer of your sunbed being reserved for you. (4) tip early on and there's a good chance you'll get more drinks brought to you without asking - me, I prefer to go up to the bar and get my drinks myself, when I want, as there really is a lot of sitting around on that type of holiday. (5) most people take pound coins (sterling) to tip but the staff, unable to exchange coins, have to later exchange them for notes (and can really only exchange with obliging holidaymakers) - so it's worth taking Egyptian currency for tipping. In summary, I've never been when it's been very busy (demands for sun beds, queues for drinks, etc) so haven't found there to be much of a difference whether I've tipped or not.

For anyone who has been before and is considering going back, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the changes that, for us, have kept the experience at the Jaz Mirabel fresh and better than ever.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boras83
Reviewed 27 March 2014

just returned from a week in jaz mirabel
What a wonderful week so relaxing, can't not fault it. Clean , the food was great and lots of choice, was worried we might get ill, as you hear so many story's but we were completely ok.
Staff were friendly and helpful
Can't wait to go back

Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay
#7 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Jaz Mirabel Club? Share your experiences!