“great holiday”

Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
UK
“great holiday”
Reviewed 17 July 2010

well what can I say about jaz mirabel park lets start at the staff from the reception desk to the gardeners all are friendly and nothing is to much trouble for them.rooms are cleaned every day by the guys from house-keeping who would come back at any time if you wanted a lie in (on one occation my wife was ill so he cleaned round her) no trouble.The rooms are spacious and cool air-con all day and night the pool is very clean and lots of sun beds any time of the day with some great guys in charge, who would tour the pool area chatting to people to see if all was o.k the food was good plenty of choice this must be hard as their are at least 6 nationalalities at any one time who stay at this hotel tthe snack bar is good the food is fast but thats what we wanted dont want to miss to much sun the main bar is very comfortable and cool as the heat at night can get you down a bit must mention the staff RAMSEY,JASON,to name just a few,who work so hard to serve you for least 12hrs a day but keep smilling as for other reports about getting the water we had no problem their were 7 in our party and we could get as many bottles as we liked ok you had to put your shirt on to get served but thats no big deal,one draw back for me was the night time entertainment could do with a bit more varity entertaiment was very good for the kids under say 12 so if your have them you will have a ball we went on a trip to cairo go with thomson as this is very good value for money and you feel safe as fer any other trips shop around we went on the glass bottom boat with thomsom £35 each but with nabq tours £10 each same trip the guy to book with is called LUDO his place is across the road form jaz mirabel club turn left on the right next to freds fip shop ludo was amassing would do anything from a tour to going to the farmasy for you also runs a taxi service with his brother £15 return to nama bay for 7 any body else want at least £25 takes about 30 minsoverall if you want a stop and flop hotel I can recommed this one

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
manchester
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Just arrived back into blighty after a weeks break to Sharm with my daughter, My husband had business elsewhere and my Daughter had just finished her degree, so I thought I would take her for a chill week to Sharm.
No real complaints about the hotel, all I would say Is if you are two women travelling alone...DONT GO TO EGYPT!!!!! within the confines of the hotel you are pretty safe, outside you are nothing but easy meat!
My daughter has said she wll never go to "this backward medieval country again" her words not mine!!!
But back to the hotel...If you are going for just a week, dont do the meal £60 upgrade It's not worth It, we found the food ok In the main restaraunt.
The bar staff and waiters were all very nice and even when I was offered 50 Camels for my daughter (my husband said take it...cheaper to feed and not as smelly!)
Pools exceptionally clean,entertainment super..We went on two Snorkelling trips, which even though we enjoyed them, we could of spent the time of the Jetty and you see more fantastic types of fish there..DO pay on the Jetty Egyptian pounds its cheaper than Sterling.
We didn't go to Naama bay as we were advised not to ,this was of a man who enlikened it to a cattle market and unsafe for two women.
It was Incredibly hot, but the aircon in the room was fantastic...Don't be under the Illusion that the mini-bar Is in the all inclusive package...sorry I'm a fool I fell for that one!!!!
Do go Quad-Biking...best fun I have had with my clothes on for a long time!!!!
I dont think the Jaz Mirabel Is the best of the bunch but It is ok
OH! and the Russians.....say no more,they are rude and arrogant and the egyptians loathe them, but heyho! we all have to get on in this happy clappy existence....Do we hell Give as good as you get!!! If they push In for food ,bloody well push back...
Enjoyed my time alone with my daughter, but planning Greece next year, I will feel safer there

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank ruthyruth
Surrey
Reviewed 2 July 2010

I searched this website extensively before booking a hotel in Sharm as a lot of them, although they are classed as 5*, fall down on one or more categories. I think that we did very well picking this one out of the bunch available.

Firstly, for people who are expecting UK/US 5* room standards, think again. I have stayed in many 5* AI in Turkey and similar holiday resorts and was under no illusion before I went that rooms/food etc would be to 3-4* UK equivalent. You can tell by the price you pay that it won't be a la carte haute cuisine. You have to pay at least double/triple to get THAT!! That said, the facade, reception & garden areas of the hotel and even the general layout certainly drip opulence!!

This is one of three hotels in the complex. It is mostly very quiet during the whole day, save some water aerobic sessions, water football etc. If you want music pumping round the pool all day, you need to stay at the Park hotel ! There are always sunbeds available round the 3 pools and most people were very friendly and amenable. This hotel doesn't seem to be tied to tour operators and is mostly for independent bookers (lowcostholidays.com etc) The other two hotels are tied to major tour operators. You are welcome to use all of the facilities in the hotels (waterslides, health club, gym, beach (including beach bar) etc). The jetty for snorkelling belong to another hotel, so if you want to snorkel off that it will cost you £4.00GBP to use all day. Sea shoes/flippers are ESSENTIAL if you are going to wade out to the coral reefs or snorkel off the jetty. If you step on a sea urchin or a sharp bit of coral you will not like the consequences.

The confusing part and grey area seemed to be the restaurants. The Beach hotel seems to be entirely separate in respect of their restaurants and bars in that you cannot use them, but you are allowed to use the bars and restaurants in the Park hotel. The Beach hotel is probably a star above the other two and it is as big as the other two put together!

Rooms
The rooms are OK. Most people seem to get a family room despite what you book as these are the majority of rooms available. There is a large kingsize bed and a separate area with two single beds. There is also a decent sized bathroom with a large walk-in shower. There is a stocked mini-fridge in each room also. Make sure that you look at the price list before you consume anything as it is quite pricey. A quick word with the room housekeeper and they will gladly empty the fridge for you so you can pile it with your own stuff from the supermarket across the road!! It helps to oil the wheels if you leave a £50 Egyptian tip at the beginning of the holiday (about £6.00-ish) as they do rely on tips due them being so poorly paid. They are all nice guys that will do anything to help, so I will leave that discretion entirely up to you! I left another similar tip for the second week also due to the artistic towel exploits. It can be really amusing what they make up with towels!! A small word of warning. There are no barriers on the ground floor balconies, so if you have small children, there is nothing to stop them running off to the pools if you take your eyes off them for a second, so you may want to opt for a first / second floor room as we did purely for peace of mind as we had a very active two year old that likes to run off and explore! There is no way he could have got through or climbed the tight railings on the balconies on the higher floors. I will leave you to make up your own minds as to preference.

Bars
There is always one bar open in the hotel during AI hours. The pool bar open from 10am to 6pm and the lobby bar open from about 12pm to 12am. Drinks available in the AI bracket are Beer (Sakhara), Vodka, Gin, Whisky, Brandy, Tequila, Ouzo, all locally produced so not the best, but still have the requisite % of alcohol. Soft drinks are Coffee, Tea, 7-up, Pepsi, Fizzy Orange, Grenadine, Mint Syrup, Orange juice, pineapple juice. Any cocktails that can be made with any of the above were also duly knocked up by the barmen with pleasure! The lobby bar also had the same selection except they also had imported stuff as well (Bourbon, Baileys, Johnny Walker etc), but these were at very high prices (about £8.00 GBP a hit) as they weren't included in the AI package.

Restaurant
There is one main restaurant in the hotel and one snack bar. The main restaurant is OK for food and they seem to have a 10 day revolving menu. Breakfast caters for all nationalities. Salads, cereals, (runny) porridge, omelettes, fried eggs, cheese, 'frankfurter' sauages, beef bacon (tastes like hot corned beef), croissants, toast, tea, filter coffee, orange squash, apple juice all available every day. Lunch consists of 2 soups, rolls, loads of salads, chips, various (about 6) international hot dishes and pasta made to order. Dinner is pretty much the same, but no chips available. 3 types of wine is available on tap also, but on a lot of occasions the Rose and White was room temperature unfortunately, not chilled. There are 3 a la carte restaurants in the complex that are not included in the AI. You can purchase a dine around card that entitles you to 6 meals at any of the 3 restaurants ( 1 meal each for 2 people at each restaurant). This will cost you £60GBP (£10 a meal). I can't comment on these as we didn't use them.

The snack bar serves Burgers/Pizzas/fresh Sub sandwiches made to order and a form of Ice Cream made by Ahmed "Egg Man,Burger Man". They also have an proper Espresso machine here.

Pools
There are two main pools about 1.5m at the deepest points and one kiddie pool about 0.55m deep all round. The two main pools have slopes/steps down so gradually get deeper to suit all ages and swimming abilities. The tiling between the pools and sunbeds is a) very hot and b) very slippery with wet feet, so if you or kids run around you are likely to end up on your backside. We saw it a lot. You get given a pool towel card for each person when you check in. This can be exchanged for your pool towel for the polls/beach each day and swapped back for a card at the end of the day. Lost cards are charged at £80 Egyptian per card so make sure you don't lose one!

I have seen a lot of comments about rude and ignorant guests from other countries. Now I personally found 95% of people friendly and polite, although I had to have a word with a bunch of Italian guests who didn't seem to grasp the concept of queuing for pasta like everyone else. Most of the time it is a language barrier and people just don't understand what you are saying. Even the 10 or so Germans who were brave enough to watch the England-Germany world cup match with 100 England fans didn't rub it in for more than an hour or two at the end of the match! I think a lot more tolerance is called for in multi-national hotels!

My view on the "Egyptian Tummy" myth is this. Lots of people get diarrhoea when visiting Eastern European & North African countries and we amongst others had problems in this respect and pretty much expect it as part and parcel of visiting such places. All I can recommend is drinking plenty of bottled water, especially if you are also drinking spirits, and don't go crazy with the food. Too much fresh fruit and salads can be many people's downfall if you don't eat it normally! I have found Tesco Diarrhoea Relief tablets great. Take these as per the recommended dose on the packet and within 2 hours or so you are back in the "So Solid Crew"!

Enjoy your time time here if you have booked or are going to book. We can highly recommend it. Also, if you get bored with the food, as you might, there is McDs, KFC, Burger King and a Chinese amongst others within a 1 mile walk to Nabq Centre left out of the hotel. Alternatively, you can get a Taxi to Naama Bay (fix the price with the driver before you get in the taxi. You shouldn't pay more than £70Egyptian to get there. The taxis outside the hotel (Prestige) are a bit more upmarket, so will cost about 85 if you haggle enough ). The hard Rock Cafe in Naama Bay is definitely worth a visit and half the price of the UK ones.

If you have any questions about the hotel etc, please feel free to ask us.

3 Thank Iain_and_Jilly
London
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I really hope people will find this useful.....I was searching for months on what hotel to stay in Sharm el Sheikh. Reviews were mixed on all hotels!
Once I got there, everything was clean and beautiful. Gardens were kept clean and green which is surprising due to the heat out there! The good thing about this hotel is that you can get to use the sister hotels facilities too! For example, you can use the bars and clubs at the other two hotels aswell as the awesome water slides! Jaz Mirabel Club is I think the quieter of the 3 hotels which I liked as during the day I was chilling by the pool and then at night go to the club situated at the beach resort.
The staff were amazing and could not do more. The service was brilliant. Our housekeeper was very sweet and used to leave us swans etc made out of towels on the bed!
The bar near the reception was great as we got as much water and alcohol as we wanted until midnight. The bar men there are great! Especially Ali Saber!!!! Ali's cocktails were super!!!
We hardly went out the resort to be honest as everything we needed was there. We had a day trip quad biking in the sinai dessert and went to Sharks bay to snorkel. both amazing experiences and thoroughly recomend!
Dont listen to people that say there were too many Russians and they loaded there plates as there was plenty of food for all! The food was good as they did try and do different themes every night. If people say they got bored of the food, I think it was more that they got bored of the surroundings of eating at the same place every night. We found a lovely english pub 5 mins from the hotel which they do delicious steaks. It is called the 3 crowns and is near TGI's. It was very cheap too.
Beach party is every Friday night between 10-12.
I would definately go back there to the same hotel but maybe not for a few years.If you want a cheap hotel where everything is included then Egypt is a great place.
Ok, dodgy tummy time. Yes me and my partner were on the toilet quite a bit but it did not ruin the holiday at all. The hotel try and avoid guests getting these upset tummys by using bottle water to wash the food and to make ice cubes. I think our upset tummys was due to the heat as some days it went up to 50 degrees!!
Some others we met had to go and see the clinic at the beach hotel as their tummies were worse and whatever they were given stopped their diarrhoea.
Oh and the spa is amazing!!!
Great holiday!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MariaKGLondon
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 22 June 2010

My first visit to Egypt and definitely not my last , me and my friend had such a fantastic time that 7 days was just not enough. The hotel is beautiful and very clean, best part of the hotel were the STAFF, wonderful wonderful people, always cheerful , going out of their way to make you feel comfortable and entertained. special mention goes to the ANIMATION team , we absolutely loved these guys, there wasn't one dull moment throughout our stay. The food was good, our room was clean and the beds very comfortable. i look foward to going back to Egypt, and for a bit longer as well .My only dissappointment was the beach which is not all that , but we had acess to several beautuful pools so that was fine with me .

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pretty24
Cumbria, UK
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Words can't describe how excellent, clean, friendly, organised, accommodating, relaxed atmosphere if you want that or full of fun with literally anyone their. The staff (99% Egyptian) are fantastic and most speak English to a reasonable standard, their sense of humour, patience, professionalism and willing to help, have a laugh or simply just service you to the best of their ability is amazing!

Not one of our family party (x 6 adults aged 23-58 and 1 child age 9) could possibly have a bad word to say regarding our stay (11 nights) in this resort.

Food is superb allround and WILL accommodate even the pickiest of people....beleive me, my wife is the pickiest eater in the world and she totally loved it all!!!!

The rooms are spacious, immaculate throughout and cleaned on a daily basis to a high standard.

Entertainment is great and really appeals to all age groups providing peace of mind that all will be entertained throughout your stay. From Egytpian theme dancing, African tribal dancing, Bingo, Karoke, crazy games, Quizes, kids disco (approx 2 hours from 7.30pm) and my favorite...the Friday night Beach Party. This party is a 5 min walk through the superbly maintained resort gardens of the Club, Park and Beach hotels down to the beach bar where all is free (if AI) and again all is organised to a tee!! From chart and dance music to slow love songs, salsa and latino, everybody we saw and spoke too totally enjoyed this night at the beach.

Highly recommended, we certainly will be going back next year, possibly even in September. Just book it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

1 Thank detailplan
Burton-in-Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We - Family of 6 (kids 14,10,8,2) have just returned from Jas Mirabel Club and we all achieved exactly what the holiday was intended to do. Great weather, relaxation, quality family time and come back feeling refreshed.

I would recommend this hotel complex without hesitation if you want to get good value, and a reasonable high standard of accommodation, in a safe environment for the family, or a couple who want to do nothing but lie in or by the pool and relax.

It is not 5 star as we would expect, but I have paid signifcantly more for a night in a European or US 5 star hotel than this cost for a week (it worked out a £27.22 per person per day, in peak half term) all inclusive

So before the detail here are a few things you should do and a few you should not

1) Dont pay for a transfer / coach - you can get a comfortable taxi for less than a tenner (I paid 70 Egyptian £
2) Tip a decent amount early if you are going to do similar things over and over again - so rather than give 10Egyptian every day - give them 50 to start off with - you get then good service all the time - housekeeping, bar tender, restaurant (one evening we were told not to use the buffet by head waiter and chef cooked us both fillet steaks).
3) If you want to beat the Germans at their own game then give the lifeguards 10E£ per day and they will reserve your sunbeds for you
4) Buy the 'dine around' card which is £60 for 2 people 3 meals (i.e. tenner each) - you can drink house wine and beer at these restaurants for no extra charge. The lebanese is excellent - the chinese passable, italian standard, but all with good service and plenty of effort
5) get water from the main bar rather than use the mini bar - there is plenty of room in the mini bar for your own drinks - it is also worth taking a couple of vacuum cups if you have kids then you can keep fruit juice in the fridge in the room

Dont
1) Got to TGIF at La Strada - it's garbage, so go to the local restaurants or the seafood restaurant
2) Shop in the square unless you are ready to bartar hard - just go to the supermarket or la strada
3) Expect to buy anything other than expensive tat at the airport - its 5 times the price and half the quality
4) Leave the air conditioning on dry overnight (leave it on cool) as you will wake up thinking somebody has attacked your eyes with superglue

So what did we get for our £27.22

Arrival
We arrived at 11pm, luggage taken by a porter. The all inclusive finishes at 12 midnight so we had a few beers in the lobby bar which is very well furnished. We were told that a late supper was served after 11pm for late arrivals at the italian restaurant, which conisisted of salad, fruit, rice, potatoes, two meat dishes and a pasta - all very acceptable

Rooms
Deluxe family rooms are spacious and basic, but the beds are comfortable, the air-conditioning is excellent and the ability to separate the two sets of beds (two twin and a king size) by the doors is excellent for evenings if the kids go to bed earlier. We had two rooms next to each other, the balconies were safe, and we were comfortable that the elder 3, had their own safe space.
TV is reasonable if you feel the urge to catch up on the world
Bathrooms are spacious with a nice flowing shower and hot water on demand
Plugs are European two pin

Pool
There is a pool area in each of the park, club and beach, and a waterside complex between the park and the club (2 minutes walk) - the slides are great for kids and reasonable for adults. The only recommendation I would make is educate your kids on not running in the pool area as it is slippy, and when they are on the slides avoid swimming into the path of the next slide, or they may get taken out by a 22 stone russian trying to empty the pool on the fastest slide.
The pools at the Club, are very safe and clean, and the surrounding area secure and well maintained. They were not busy and the kids could play happily without being drowned by a game of water polo.

Bars

The pool bar is fine with chairs and tables in the shade
I did notice that there are not many reviews that complain about the beer and wine, which I saw as a good sign. The beer is fine, the wine is palatable and even the brandy was acceptable. The 7up, Pepsi and Fanta are the soft drinks.

The snack bar is great -serving sandwiches, burgers, fried fish and salads all brought to your table, and of very high quality and freshness

The lobby bar is fine, although they do run out of glasses occasionally so it's worth hanging on to your own and going personally to get a refill rather than wait for table service

Restaurants

The Cactus restaurant is buffet
I am not quite sure why people complained as the food in general was excellent, and I have always disliked the 'canteen' environment. This place genuinely trys to avoid that feeling, with well laid tables inside and out, and alcoves in the restaurant that make it look smaller than it is.
The food is as follows
2 soups (v good)
about 20 mixed salads and starters ( like cucumber stuffed with tuna, tomatoes grilled with minced lamb, chicken wings, roast peppers etc, with then about 15 salad ingredients (beetroot, onion, lettuce tomato etc)
lots of cold meats and cheeses
Hot food is rice, 2 types of potatoes (honey roasted, mash, roast, etc), several types of hot veg, and then a couple of fish (sea bass, grouper, prawns, mussels) and two meats (chicken, lamb, beef, duck ) in a variety of sauces or marinades / kebabs then grilled
There is a carvery - we had lamb leg, lamb fillet, beef, duck,
There is a fresh pasta counter
Deserts - around 15 types of cakes, creme caramel, tiramasu etc
and plenty of fruit
Drinks - there is beer on draught, and red white and rose wine
All good, fresh, very hot and yes it would be tedious to do it every night but I have had a lot worse a la carte meals where you regret what you have chosen for starter or main, - with this you can always get a fresh plate.
And there is always chicken and chips for those feeling not quite at home
Breakfast - plenty of pastries, cereal, cheese, meat, salad, fruit, then the usual scrambled eggs, sausage and beans (no bacon)
Fresh Omelettes, fried eggs, pancakes
Plenty of tea, coffee fruit juice and hot chocolate.

As far as the a la carte go
Lebanese is excellent - really worth a visit, then a smoke afterwards on the bong
Oriental - is passable, edible and good for a change
Italian is OK, but not worth the 5 hour flight

La Strada is 15 minutes walk up the road, and has 5 or 6 restaurants plus the very depressing sight of McDonalds, KFC, TGIF and Burger King. Personally I would avoid them all as the Egyptians are very good at their own cuisine, but in general dross at copying others. I was persuaded to go to TGIF and regretted it the minute i was charged a fiver for the same beer i was drinking at the hotel, and my gut feel was confirmed when a pile of fried sparrow arrived on the table.

The menus on the lebanese restaurants and the seafood restaurant were half the price, very appetising and by the amount of local custom they had, one can assume the quality to be high.

Feel free to email me any questions but overall I would confirm the reviews that state

1) the Club is the quietest and therefore the most peaceful (dull)
2) Families will enjoy

Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence
Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence
#31 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#92 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Jaz Mirabel Beach
Jaz Mirabel Beach
#24 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay

Been to Jaz Mirabel Club? Share your experiences!