Just came back from a week at the Tamra Beach in Egypt. This resort is clean, the staff are very friendly, facilities are good and the food is good if not a little boring. However the reason for my title is that this resort should not be sold to the UK market as it is an Italian resort and only caters for Italian people. There are loads of other reviews saying the same thing, some people were greatly concerned about this and other didn't care. I was recommended this resort by a friend and so only check Trip Advisor after booking. For me it wasn't a huge problem but for other English people on the resort it was ... they felt extremely left out and isolated which is very unfair, especially if you are a couple or travelling alone. Nothing is catered towards English people and why would they? In a resort that has over 600 guests if only say 10 are English, why would you bother with changing everything to duel languages?? So things to watch if you are booking this resort:
The staff do speak very little English although all are fluent in Italian and Arabic
There is NO KIDS CLUB FOR ENGLISH PEOPLE. They only take Italian children and no one tells you that until you get there
All the food is catered for Italian people, no cooked breakfast in the morning, no chips :-) although this wasn't such a bad thing
Some of the staff especially at reception and on the bars come across as very rude but I think that this is a combination of the fact that ALL the staff are male, arabic and have very little patience for English people
Swimming with the Dolphins excursion is not great value for money - at nearly £60 per person for 15 minutes the whole emphasis is about getting good photo and video shots so that they can then sell these to you in the shop. You only only get to swim with them for about 3 minutes
I would say that the majority of the Italian guests on the resort did not speak or understand English, big problem for my children who wanted to play with the other kids! They very much stick to their own kind so again make you feel very isolated and there is a lot of pushing you out the way in the food hall.
Did we have a good time? Yes but I wouldn't go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Luxury 5-star Tamra Beach Resort is ideal for single travelers, couples and families looking to avoid long airport transfers and for somewhere they can relax and have everything catered for without the need to leave the resort. Tamra Beach resort is in the Nabq Bay area and on the beach front only a 10-minute drive from Sharm el Sheikh International Airport. It also offers 24-hour front desk service. The Resort is mainly an Italian Club, but welcomes other nationalities. The resort is located next to Nabq National park which is known for its colourful marine life and its extraordinary Mangrove colonies. All rooms are air conditioned they also have a bathtub, Rooms have modern furnishings and come with cable TV and a safe Deposit box Free of charge. The resort offers rooms with balconies overlooking the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Tamra Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamra Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Tamra Beach Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay