we travelled here for my birthday as a couple, we stayed here 10th may for two weeks. originally booked as a fairly cheap getaway with easyjet, however after all the extra add ons i wish i had booked somewhere else for the same money. i read all the reviews before going but didnt think it being an italian hotel would bother me but it did.
before arrival i emailed the hotel and asked if we could have a first floor sea view, on arrival (6pm) the reception staff welcomed us, very efficient & lovely and our request was met.
rooms - we had a standard room which was more like a flat, lounge area, bed, massive wardrobes, lots of mirrors! separate bath and shower and toilet. if you have a sea view you will be able to see the sea from the bath tub! balcony or terrace. all lovely and clean. had no problems with hot water or pressure from shower. air con was great too, safe was free to use. we noticed they put a lot of english at the top near reception and the rooms were apparently not as nice. housekeeping were lovely and made special towels every other day on the beds.
bars - they have soft drinks dispensers which you could help yourself to, water, coke, fanta etc yes they are plastic cups which i dont have a problem with but they were tiny. reading reviews before i left and noted the MANAGER commented that you could fill you water bottles at any dispenser except the restaurant, this was also confirmed by our rep, yet we still had to fight with the bar staff who were very rude and said we had to pay to fill a bottle up, it was only a small bottle but didnt want to walk to get a drink every 5 minutes. i tried to explain but got me no where and ended up ignoring them and feeling like i had done something awful to have a drink. also there is so much not included in all inclusive no cocktails, no tonic water, no fruit juice, wine is only at lunch and dinner. even if you want to buy imported beers or spirits there is no price list and the bar staff didnt understand what we were trying to order so we stuck to water.
also on booking the trip i was informed ice cream was included in the all inclusive however there wasnt even any ice cream for sale except some sort of cornettos.
restaurant - a bit like a school canteen, not a relaxing evening meal. lots of food art going on which was nice and most of the food was nice. im a fussy eater but my boyfriend eats anything, however i had to get him to try foods due to the labels being wrong or absent, there was once a sign saying 'fish' when it was actually beef in gravy. the chefs were however all lovely especially the pasta chef who always remembered me and my dislike for fish.
pool - i think theres 5 pools all constantly being cleaned, always tidy, cant fault them although some new sun loungers would be nice
beach - very narrow but fairly typical of egypt beaches, very crowded and we didnt really go on the beach.
snorkelling - not a good place for snorkelling very choppy
grounds - the grounds were lovely and the staff were dedicated to maintaining them.
currency - we took egyptian pounds which didnt get us very far, your better of taking us dollers or euros even sterling especially for tipping
entertainment - yes it was in italian but they all knew a little english always said hi with a smile and a few really tried to get us involved which was lovely.
its a lovely hotel but its not ready to be an english hotel, the only things written in english are the things you CANT do. the rooms and grounds are lovely but you can get more for your money at other hotels. the english get white bands where as the italians get orange and we met some english couples who didnt even get a band, we removed ours and no questions were asked. i wouldnt stay here again having stayed at other hotels in egypt but i cant deny that the italians have got themselves a lovely hotel and dont see why it should change to english as there a lot of these in the resort, one day we even got asked by an italian couple why we were there if we didnt come from italy!
think ive included everything but if anyone has any questions happy to answer them :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Luxury 5-star Tamra Beach Resort is ideal for single travelers, couples and families looking to avoid long airport transfers and for somewhere they can relax and have everything catered for without the need to leave the resort. Tamra Beach resort is in the Nabq Bay area and on the beach front only a 10-minute drive from Sharm el Sheikh International Airport. It also offers 24-hour front desk service. The Resort is mainly an Italian Club, but welcomes other nationalities. The resort is located next to Nabq National park which is known for its colourful marine life and its extraordinary Mangrove colonies. All rooms are air conditioned they also have a bathtub, Rooms have modern furnishings and come with cable TV and a safe Deposit box Free of charge. The resort offers rooms with balconies overlooking the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Tamra Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamra Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Tamra Beach Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay