Tamra Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$268
US$69
US$96
US$75
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Parrotel Beach Resort(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$64
  • Breakfast included
Jaz Mirabel Beach(Nabq Bay)
US$115
  • Pool
US$49
US$75
3,475 results
All reviewsanimation teaminternational teamitalian animationgreat restitalian cheffishpastawonderful vacationsharm elegyptian nightpool barspecial thanksbeach volleyballhotels in sharmamazing hotelhouse keepingmain pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My wife and I found heaven here for 10 days in late November.The staff cannot do enough for you from the front desk to the man on the pier.The food was tasty,fresh and very well laid out.The weather was extremely hot around 35°C.The Italian entertainment team were energetic with the daily games of boules,beach volleyball,darts,archery,table tennis and aquagym.The 5 swimming pools were lovely in the afternoon sun with ample sun loungers.The prize asset of the hotel was its own coral sea beach and pier which went out to sea to a 30metre deep coral reef.Snorkeling along the reef was out of this world,there are so many fish of different colours and sizes it was like swimming in your own full size aquarium.Our room has a queen size bed a separate living room,changing room,bathroom,shower and toilet all with a sea view.The housekeeper provide you with a towel display ranging from a crocodile, ships,flowers and swans.This was our first time in Egypt and we are now saving to return with the kids to this hotel next year.Many thanks to ashraf,Ahmed,mo and negum for going the extra mile and making our stay wonderful.

Room Tip: Our room was 6114 which excellent.leave a small tip for the cleaner gave you the towel display.our room was halfway from the restaurant and the beach
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
prettygood, Guest Relations Manager at Tamra Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Tamra Beach Resort on Trip Advisor.
It is always a pleasure to receive such good feedback on ones stay. I will certainly give feedback to those mentioned.
Please email on your return so we can accommodate you on your request..
All the very best for 2014 to you and your fanily.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

First time to egypt and Tamra for my wife and i,so first question to answer would be, will you return .Unreserved yes, when May 2014.A relaxing laid back holiday , service was great, rooms bright and airey, food ? we loved all aspects , maybe not to every ones liking, but hey egypt 4 star all inclusive and by no means every ones cup of tea, but we loved it , Italian,russian,ukraine and english thanks to all for making our stay great.Hotel staff ,Ngem (bar manager)mr edward and miss christine say a special hi, Cheryl (customer relation) and Tina (internation liason) looking forward to seeing you, if you have any issues Cheryl was on it and sorted, great nights out see Tina for advise,waiters Waled and Ahmed thanks guys ,Our tranfer went very well, but as dave had said taxi quicker and cheaper,contact hotel direct and get taxi booked,Beach was'nt what i expected limited access for a swim,But plenty of sunbathing area's on beach and around numerous pools, on site entertainment is by italian entertainment team (thanks guys) so unless you speak italian, do what we did go and watch ,try and understand, join in if you can and laugh because your there to enjoy , thanks Tim for stripping off and giving me your clothes in one particular game and thanks julie for not letting him give me his trousers , The beer was fine for me , but spirits were an accuired taste, next visit will take couple of bottles vodka for wife,mosi were bad , november is supposed to be worse for these ,but with right repelants ? some will be fine. but no worse than cuba (cao's), off resort looks a bit run down but a short walk to supermarket and english bar if required is recommended ,google up for off site curry and chinese restraunts, Wednesday night egyptian night, join in ,,fancy dress can be rented on site and look very good or take your own, keep you eyes open for sea eagle near pool at 6000 rooms , lucky to get close and watch it drop down to the sea and catch a fish but it was to big for it and couldnt carry it,

Room Tip: ask for 6000 block close to beach , 7000 is right down on beach ,
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edward E

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor on Tamra Beach Resort.
I am very pleased to read that your stay was memorable and pleasant.
Thank you for the Negative and Positive feedback.
Hope to see you back in the new year.
All the very beast for 2014.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed there early November and having read all the reviews about the fact that its full of Italians and the few english there will be treated as second class citizens, well the Italians forgot to turn up!!!!
The hotel was nearly empty with only about 50 people there as the Italian travel agents decided it was too dangerous to go there due the the reported troubles in Cairo.
Te main problem was the hotel went into skeleton staff and skeleton facilities, in fact we were told by some locals that they thought the hotel was closed.
The down side was that the main restaurant was closed and they opened up a balcony to eat luke warm poor variety food, there was no atmosphere to the hotel, no entertainment at all.
The upside was that there were no Italians so we were treated like first class and you couldn't wish for better attentive service. Drinks ferried down to he beach, room service.

Plus things about the hotel: found the rooms lovely, gardens terrific and staff very helpful.

Negative things about the hotel: mosquitoes eat you alive, snorkeling off the pier is very good but deep and a strong current so not suitable for young children or average swimmers.

Tips: don't get a transfer from the airport as went through lowcost holidays and ended up on a trip from hell in a tin can for nearly two hours when the hotel was 10 mins from the hotel. I paid £51 for the transfers for four of us, but after telling them not to come back for the return I paid £8 for the taxi ride back taking 10 mins.
Always negotiate with the taxis....
Time tours if a company down in Naqab bay where we booked all our trips through and he was far cheaper than the holiday rep and delivered the goods.....
Hadaba is a fantastic beach to swim off and the snorkeling is the best
Last tip take lots of imodium!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on Trip Advisor for Tamra Beach Resort. I have read your review and I am please to see you had some positive feedback for Tamra Beach Resort. For the Negative feedback I will follow up on what I can.
I do hope you will return and if you do please could you email in advance.
All the very best for 2014

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Fantastic holiday!! The place is wonderful, the food is great (all italian grub), the staff very friendly and everything is kept really clean and well mantained. Our kid had a great time in the pool and the beach is full of life. Lovely holiday. The place though caters mostly for italians (like me!) so not all the staff speaks englis

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea G
prettygood, Guest Relations Manager at Tamra Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stayy at TAMRA BEACH RESORT EGYPT I am so please to learn that you had a most enjoyable and memorable holiday.
I will follow up on all your complements to all mentioned
It is such a honour to receive postive feedback from our guests, but we do invite any negatuve feedback so we can improve where need be.
Please advise me on your return.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have just returned from a 10 day holiday and I truly wish I was still there.

The people make the place and I found everyone there extremely friendly and helpful. I include the Italian guests, who I found to be fun loving, outgoing and more than happy to engage with the English guests, contrary to other reviews I have read.

The real stars of the place are the staff, not forgetting the management, who set the tone for them. In particular, my new friends, Ngem the bar manager and Ashraf the restaurant manager, who both have a keen eye for every detail and a wonderful sense of humour. This filters down to their staff, who cheerfully look after your every wish and laugh along with you.

Earlier reviews have mentioned poor food and then the arrival of a new Italian chef and I can tell you that the food there is now wonderful and varied. As good as the Italian food was (really good!), the highlight for me was the Egyptian night on Wednesday. Don't miss it. My only suggestion would be to offer an English dish at lunch and dinner (curry perhaps!), as well as bacon and eggs at breakfast to cater for some of the English guests who, unlike me, prefer their home comforts.

The entertainment is provided by the Italian staff of "Eden Village" who as well as organising guest participation games during the day, put on a great show every night. Thanks to all of them for including us and making us feel so welcome.

Many, many thanks also to Tina, who looks after the "international" guests. Not only did she translate, advise and give dancing lessons, but she had us roaring with laughter every day.

I did have a couple of minor issues, however they were resolved quickly and to my full satisfaction by, Cheryl, the customer relations manager and Mr Sheriff from the front desk.

I would agree with others that the hotel is a little tired in some areas, but I have to say that it also has a warmth, charm and personality that could never be achieved by its larger, more modern neighbours. I will certainly be going back, hopefully in February. Room 6128 or 7136 please Cheryl!

See you soon!

Room Tip: 6000 or 7000
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dave A
prettygood, Guest Relations Manager at Tamra Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I am very please to hear that you enjoyed your time at Tamra Beach Resort and you were treated well and received good service..

That is our philosophy .

Looking forward to welcoming you back in February, email me when you have booked and I will reserve which ever room you would prefer.

Cheryl