Just back from staying at the Tamra and as others have said it is very quiet due to no Italians staying at the moment. The gardens are beautiful , constantly cared for by a team of gardeners. It is very peaceful here at the moment, with the beach and jetty to snorkel from and five pools you are spoilt for choice. The food is of a high standard , chefs preparing pasta at dinner, pancakes and omelettes at breakfast, lots of salads, vegetables , rice, potatoes, fish and meat. Always fruit, cakes, local deserts.
The staff are all friendly and personable , they all work very long hours and really all deserve tips. They really appreciate English chocolate and sweets if you have any room in your suitcase.
Our family room was the size of a two bedroom flat, it had two bedrooms one with a king and one with two twin beds, lovely coming back to an immaculate room with clean , Egyptian cotton sheets and towel displays with flowers.
The drink situation already mentioned, really needs sorting. Plentiful beer, spirits and soft drinks but in the high temperatures out there it seems strange you have to pay for bottled water and can only get small cups from the dispenser. If you ask the bar waiters they will give you a larger glass but you can't fill a bottle.
You are invited to a welcome meeting which says 30% off but then you are not offered a discount when booking trips. We found Sharm club the best prices and very reliable, we booked airport transfers and trips online with them before the holiday , they were very reliable and offered a good service.
Overall this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in, I would love to return .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Luxury 5-star Tamra Beach Resort is ideal for single travelers, couples and families looking to avoid long airport transfers and for somewhere they can relax and have everything catered for without the need to leave the resort. Tamra Beach resort is in the Nabq Bay area and on the beach front only a 10-minute drive from Sharm el Sheikh International Airport. It also offers 24-hour front desk service. The Resort is mainly an Italian Club, but welcomes other nationalities. The resort is located next to Nabq National park which is known for its colourful marine life and its extraordinary Mangrove colonies. All rooms are air conditioned they also have a bathtub, Rooms have modern furnishings and come with cable TV and a safe Deposit box Free of charge. The resort offers rooms with balconies overlooking the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tamra Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamra Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Tamra Beach Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay