So disappointed with our 10 day trip. It was very quiet, in fact almost empty due to the restrictions on Italians coming over, so one would have thought this would have made the staff able to attend well to the guests they did had in the resort.
But no, they were very unaccommodating. No effort to organise anything, pathetic attempts to entertain that were so minimally advertised that we missed them cos they lasted 5 minutes.
The activity chap was too busy facebooking or texting to bother much with the guests and when asked, made excuses like it was too hot or he was busy,or later and then would go off for a siesta or swim.
I felt like I was interuppting his social life if I asked for anything!
The food was pretty restrictive too. Nicely presented and all that, but no choice of meat of an evening, same old re-cycled veg and salad and obvious cost cutting at every opportunity. All juices were watered down, none fresh, no wine at any bar except the restaurant itself, beach bar had no food except stale bread...(and I do mean stale! Like a table tennis bat!) And as for the pizzas, they were awful for an Italian resort. Really awful. Just bread with a smear of pesto or grated cheese.
No effort was made at all and it certainly was not all inclusive as times of availability were so restricted that if you weren't there on time, it would be whisked away....despite the hotel being so empty!
You got water bottle in your room on arrival but silly tiny plastic cups to refill during the day with strict instructions not to refill water bottles but buy a bottle instead.
To finish our stay, we asked for a late check out, ie at 2pm as our flight wasn't until 5pm. The hotel wanted £15 for this even though we had requested it on booking, and it wasn't like they were so busy it mattered!
Only plus, that was nothing to do with the hotel exactly, was that there was no fighting over sunbeds......Shan't be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Luxury 5-star Tamra Beach Resort is ideal for single travelers, couples and families looking to avoid long airport transfers and for somewhere they can relax and have everything catered for without the need to leave the resort. Tamra Beach resort is in the Nabq Bay area and on the beach front only a 10-minute drive from Sharm el Sheikh International Airport. It also offers 24-hour front desk service. The Resort is mainly an Italian Club, but welcomes other nationalities. The resort is located next to Nabq National park which is known for its colourful marine life and its extraordinary Mangrove colonies. All rooms are air conditioned they also have a bathtub, Rooms have modern furnishings and come with cable TV and a safe Deposit box Free of charge. The resort offers rooms with balconies overlooking the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tamra Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamra Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Tamra Beach Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay