“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Odessa, Ukraine, Europe
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great hotel! Animation at the highest level, Dino and Rico awesome guys! The wait staff is great.Very attentive wait staff. The food is very tasty. Lifeguard Galal perfectly followed the order of the sea. Obchzatelno will come back to this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Lietoalyona
RehanaSharmElSheikh, Kierownik ds. gości at Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Good afternoon,

Warm greetings from Rehana Resorts!

Thank you for choosing our resort as a destination for your vacation and posting your very particular review here. We really appreciate your comments and we will pass them to the particular departments.
We are happy to know that after all you had a good time with us.
Thank you for very nice words about our services, great animation team and the atmosphere created by them.

Rehana Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed in Rehana Royal twice this year, and looking forward to go there again this year!. it's a very nice hotel if you are looking for relaxing holiday full of fun and excitement. the staff is very friendly, specially animation team. they are always active and looking forward to help in making your vacation better with their nice and fun activities. I'd for sure go there again!.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Good afternoon,

Warm greetings from Rehana Resorts!

We are happy to know that after all you had a good time with us.

Rehana Resorts
Opole
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was in Rehana Sharm and i love it ! The animation team was the best, i wasnt bored.Bombastic and Jamica were the best !! Such a great group. I love this hotel, personel, sun, food just all.
I hope I will be able to visit this place every year :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kaciubanka
Wrexham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel its self is very nice! lovely surroundings and there was lots of different pools to choose from to relax by, whether you wanted piece and quiet or some fun and music. We were lucky enough to get a sea side view superior room, which had a little private pool that was right out side our room, to the right was the more lively pool and beach, then to the left was another quiet pool area and a short walk to the food court, am really happy with the room and were it was situated. Room lovely, comfy bed. Room service was excellent, all staff and reception were helpfully and had good sense of humour. Entertainment team were great! really funny , We looked forward to going out to see them every night.

Trips were fantastic, had such a good time! the pirate boat trip is a must, we were well looked after, given food and lots to drink plus snorkelling which was soooo beautiful. Quad bike, water sports and camel trip was a great experience too. We had a massage in the hotel which I would recommend .

The bad point for me, was unfortunately the food. Im not a fussy eater and love trying all kinds of different food but 80% of it just did NOT taste good! and I think even the Russians turned away from it, but the meat and fresh pasta were nice. Breakfast wasnt much to be desired either, although there was plenty of it.(pancakes and eggs where good). We ended up giving a tip to one of the cooks out side to ensure we had a Chinese style dish to eat almost every evening. The chips an burgers were good but you can only eat so much of the same thing, we went for 2 weeks, most days I was starving and left unsatisfied which started to make me feel deflated. Sounds dramatic but did not look forward to meal times at all. I got a bad stomach which for me is usually expected when I travel but I also suffered from crippling cramping pains for 2 days :( Also I have noticed so many complaints about the food which has been going on for a long time. I cant understand why nothing has been done as its such a massive let down. Drinks were great and yes some days the juices were watered down ( I think when running low) but if you ask for cola, its the really stuff and I liked their beer :) .

I see a lot of people saying the hotel is full of Russians and yes it was but I knew this before I booked, which people really should check up on. For me, this wasn't a problem. Egypt is more for the Russians just as Spain is more for the British, some British seem to think it should be all about the English (a bit stuck uppish)

In all I had a good time, an some great experiences in a lovely hotel, just a shame about the food.

Room Tip: I recommend Sea side view room and bottom floor. We stayed in 1006 excellent! Tips obviously help fo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank louise e
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Yes, there are lots of Russians. I don't mind that because I am not a big 'mixer' on holiday anyway. We met a lovely Irish family but aside from that, we kept mostly to ourselves. I am usually a positive reviewer so here goes:

Buildings & pools- Great. Clean. The slide pools (which we used as we were right by them and had 2 children) were great. The beds fill quickly by the Russians, but they tend to stay for the morning and then move on so you can use them in the afternoon. Our room was ground floor, (a promo garden room) and we had 4 of us in it. It was plenty big enough.
The dining /drinking areas are cleaned constantly to avoid flies. The main dining room is a little chaotic but they invite all English to use the Prestige Room which is much quieter.
Beach - clean and more quiet than the pools. There is a jetty for swimmers who don't want to brave the uneven and rocky shallows to reach deeper water.
Staff - very friendly. They love the English because they are not Russian! They really do seem to prefer us and go out of their way to be extra nice. (This does not apply to all of the reception staff.) I am not an animation person but they were still lovely to us and our two children. (10 & 6)

Food - I can always find food I like and this was no exception. I do not go abroad and then complain that the food was foreign. Duh!

Breakfast was excellent: cereal, toast and various toppings, croissants, doughnuts, pancakes, fresh omelettes, sausages, eggs (fried, hard boiled or scrambled.) Fresh breads with cheese, meats and fruit, yoghurt and salads. Really, what more could you want?

Lunch & Dinner - It all tasted okay but was repetitive. I ate well every evening but even I was bored by the end. Every night there was beef, fish and chicken but it was the same. Twice there was veal. There were often three types of chicken - but it was still chicken. The fish was rather flavourless - like frozen 'white fish' that they cooked with either batter, sauce or crust. Uninspiring but not offensive. Lots of salad though. The desserts were all very interesting to look at but, when you tasted them, they were all the same sponge with a food dye and pretty topping. I like sponge though so that was boring but fine. I mostly ate jelly and fruit instead.

Snacks - great. Pizza, hotdogs, burgers (although these were quite herby for some), chips (the kids loved these), battered fish (the same 'white fish') and different flavoured ice-creams (although more like a sorbet).

Overall - It was okay. Would I go back? No. The food needed to be more varied for me to be truly happy but would I complain? No. I went to the Jaz Mirabel Beach 2 years ago and that was much, much better.

Room Tip: If you have kids, the ground floor by the slide pool are great. We left our veranda doors slightly a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank UkCharley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

fantastic place where everyone will find some entertainment, beautiful views, a high-ranking hotel, delicious food, friendly service and atmosphere as well as entertaiment animators. Special thanks to Jamica for the nice time.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RehanaSharmElSheikh, Guest Relations Manager at Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Good afternoon,
Warm greetings from Rehana Hotels & Resorts!
Thank you for choosing our resort as a destination for your vacation and posting your review here.
We are happy to know that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable.
Thank you for very nice words about our animation team and the atmosphere created by them.
When you will come back again please join our new created Rehana Repeater Club with a special list of benefits and discounts!

Rehana Hotels & Resorts
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

It is difficult to label individual problems as there were numerous ones.
To summarise briefly:
* The hotel is not really for english speaking travellers as the majority of the staff only speak russian with basic english (yes, no etc). They dont even fly the Union Jack outside
* The food is orientated to the russain speaking majority and is suspect ( Do you like beef stroganoff for breakfast?)
*this hotel is definitely not 5 stars, it sits in nice grounds and thats about it really
*The wine and beer are watered down and the 'fresh' orange juice is a mixture of sugar and water
* The reception staff are incredibly rude and do not solve problems, we were forced to carry our cases from the bottom of the resort to the top in 35 degree heat as a concierge was not sent after 3 confirmed calls to reception.
* Generally unkept, hairdryers not working, problems with insects and a lack of fresh towels (took 3 calls to recpetion to get hairdryer fixed)
* Good points: the waiters are friendly and the staff in the hotel run shops are nice.
*There were damp patches on the roof of our room and generally small things fell off pieces of furniture.

I went to Sharm el Sheikh to relax, however, I did not find relaxation here. I left highly strung and unwell due to my holiday from hell.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
#2 of 32 in Nabq Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,970 reviews

Been to Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!