“Amazing”

El Hayat Sharm Resort
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
“Amazing”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We was transferred here after a poor experience at another hotel. The staff was so friendly and the rooms was amazing the view was incredible the food wasn't the best but they tried to cater to our needs ( after all it os foreign food) the animation team was so polite and really kept us entertained the whole team made our holiday perfect the only complaint I would have is that the boss man needs to treat his staff better as 1 person was docked 3 days wages for being friendly with us which I was disgusted by.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank SophieTrueman91
Sherine I, General Manager at El Hayat Sharm Resort, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Ms. Sophie Trueman,

It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent stay with us as enjoyable as ever.

It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.

The time taken along with the effort made to share your comments with us is most appreciated. Feedback from our guests is vitally important in our mission to be the first choice of the world's travelers.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
PP
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here for three days. The place is big but doesn't have many guests. The motif of the buildings and grounds is cute. There are two pools. The pools were largely empty which was nice for swimming. You can walk to the Pattaya Beach bar and use their beach access. It's a nice beach. The rooms are about 200 square feet which is neither large nor small. The tiles, walls, and ceiling are in good condition. About the only issue, and this seems to be noted in most reviews, is that the furniture is old and showing its age. The furniture seems to be lower grade; made from particle board with thin vinyl veneer. Compared to solid wood this stuff does not age well at all. When nicks occur in the veneer the particle board shows and it can't be repaired with a little sandpaper and refinish. Perhaps they should get some new furniture but go minimalist (e.g one basic, solid wood desk and a suitcase stand). People can't complain about furniture that isn't there. The breakfast was good for a budget place; Plenty of breads, an egg station, and as much coffee and orange Tang stuff as you can stomach. I had almost no interaction with the staff and did not require their attention so I cannot comment on them.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael M
Dear Mr. Michael ,

On a brighter note, I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay, and I will pass on your kind comments to all members of our team.

I have also noted your other suggestions where I would like to assure you that we will look at the possibility of carrying out these suggestions to make our guests’ stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Room was left for three days without cleaning or changing towels
Shuttle bus to beach was not passing on the announced time
Some of restaurant staff are treating guests in a very bad manner, bad mouthing them in Arabic
Receptionist and manager are also treating guests in a very very very bad way

• Stayed August 2013
Sherine I, General Manager at El Hayat Sharm Resort, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Mr. Ansary,

Thank you for choosing the El Hayat Sharm Resort to spend your vacation.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, and rest assured that these are not our usual standard of operation and that extra effort will be made to avoid reoccurrence of similar situation.

I have noted and discussed with our Departments’ Heads concerned your comments regarding the delay of room cleaning, as well as missing pool towels, and I would like to assure you that corrective measures have been taken to ensure that such incidents do not reoccur in future.

Mr. Ansary, I hope that these unfortunate incidents will not deter you from using the services of El Hayat Sharm Resort in future.

I remain in the meantime with kind regards.

Travellers are raving about these Nabq Bay hotels

Manchester
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Greeted with a complementary drink which was great. Building nice, old, Egyptian. Staff seem nice and pools nice too. Until you get to the room, the view is nice from the balcony but the room is dirty, shower dirty, dirty towels, dirty dressing table with sticky glass rings on the table and then when you get in bed make sure you look out for the cockroaches that run across your room!!! Now to be fair for the price of this hotel you can't expect a spotless room but when it came to check out firstly we asked for a plaster for a cut, they didn't even have a full first aid kit and had no plasters, we had to use a bit of bandage and tape it on. We had paid for bed and breakfast for just the 1 night, the reception staff and manager were aware we did not have breakfast which was our own decision. Breakfast served till 10am. We checked out at 11am and asked for a glass of water / pineapple / orange juice (not fresh, just powder mixed with water which is like cordial), of course with us not having breakfast there shouldn't be a problem with this, it took TWO phone calls, 10-15mins to get an answer and in the end the manager refused. He said the only way we can have a drink is if we pay additional for it, of $2 per glass!! So to play him at his own game I asked if I get a partial refund then because we didn't get the breakfast that we paid for, of course the biased answer was no. I made it clear I would not return to this hotel because of how humiliated he make us feel over a glass of juice! I also advised I would review it on trip advisor, he then immediately offered me juice in a panick! I refused and left.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucie B
Salmiyah, Kuwait
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I spent 3 days like dream in this hotel where you find every thing , coral in lovely beach , nice sea view room , breakfast whwre you have every thing in the open buffet ,lamd scape ,,,,,,what a beutiful gardens and swimming pools on different blevels , al souk resturant with nice dinner and show with billy dancer we stayed in the hotel 3 days like dream and the shuttle took mus to NEMA BAY where all the coffe shops open up early morning and all the pleasures and show . i have to come regulary to this hotel

Room Tip: sea view is so good but if i take any other room with less price it is also good as we spend all the...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ismail47
Ismailia
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stayed three nights starting from 1-4 May at El Hayat Sharm hotel at Nabq bay. I will start my review by mentioning good things.

The hotel has nice looking especially for those who like pharaohs. The hotel is looking like a big temple. every thing is giving you the sense of pharaohs, the walls, drawings and the ground. Another good thing is the animation team, I met one of them called Mohamed, a nice guy who guided us to two wonderful days outside the hotel. Thanks for him very much. The swimming pools are good, not too big, but good. Theater is also nice place for shows, it's also not big, but well prepared with sound, places for sitting, and nice lighting. They use the theater for animation shows which is good and funny.

Now, let's go to the bad issues:
1- The smell, when you wake up in the morning, opening windows for fresh air, you will smell the worst smell in the world. it's the smell of the dirty water used in the gardens. Very Very Very bad thing. You will immediately close windows and feel angry in the morning.

2- Don't be surprised if you find some devices are not good in the room like air conditioning. It was producing bad sounds that are annoying for everyone. The bed also is weak, and sometimes you hear some sounds, etc...

3- The Stuff: In many places you may find some non-caring stuff. But in this hotel, you will find something different. You will find voice-fighting stuff in front of everyone. You will find also non-caring stuff which will not respond to any of your questions nor requirements easily.

4- Restaurant: The restaurant contains not many kinds of food, but the available selection is good and in most cases tasty. However, don't be surprised if you don't find dishes, because they don't have automatic washing machine for dishes, they are collecting dishes, sending with a boy to some place to manually wash, and bring back. So, you should be patient.

5- If you want to drink some cold coca, you may go to the reception bar only. Other places don't offer this service. One of them (beside the swimming pool) told me "the refrigerator is under sun, and so no cold coca !!". The same thing in the restaurant, no cold coca. Juices are cold because of the juice machines.

As a summary, the hotel as a whole is average, and may be below average. You can select this hotel is you plan for a cheap travel and you will stay most of the time out of hotel. I think the rating as 4 stars is only done on official paper, but the actual behavior is less than 3 stars.

It was a trail for me, but I don't think I will select this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you plan to select this hotel, select ground floor rooms beside swimming pool
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank amabdelsalam
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I had to wait same weeks to write this review to trip advisor because the general manager of this hotel said if we complaint to trip advisor he will present charge against us in egypt police!!look like a joke but it was true!
It was the worst hotel i ever stayed in my life!!for sure!!
Same staff was nice,the cooker,the FB director(honest and kind) but the hotel is the hell!!
The grass is irrigated with the water of the sewer,imagine the smell and dirtness!!
There is not wash dish machine in the hotel!!!so they simply pass the dishes and cuttlery by water,no detergent!!no higyene!!
The rooms are dirty and ugly!!we have been a whole day without water and electricity in the hotel,and they served diiner and luch....how they cook and wash the food i really do not know!!
We all arrived at home really sick and ill!!!problems with the water of the hotel!!
Be careful with the director manager of the hotel,i think his name is Sheri,not a professional and honest person,he threat us with the police because we complaint about the dirtness of the hotel!!Avoid,Avoid,Avoid!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Pedro E
Sherine I, General Manager at El Hayat Sharm Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
With respect to the complaint that was posted on Tripadvisor towards our Hotel, please be informed that when the first complaint occurred on Dec. 23rd ,2012 and forwarded to my attention, I was personally concerned to learn that the crew were dissatisfied with several aspects of their stay, and they have accepted my sincere apologies for any inconvenience and disappointment caused on this occasion. Their comments were handled, answered on the spot and solved on no time, attached thanks letter sent from one of them which indicates that guests’ needs, desires and demands were fulfilled as fast and efficient as possible.

1.Crew complained from that they had a problem with the ground handling as they were promised from the company that will accommodate them in 5* resort, for that they were trying to get any compensation from the ground handling company via our premise.
2.I spoke with him on Jan.2nd ,2013 as he complained from the buffet lunch at 12h30 noon before starting as he went to the restaurant during the time of the buffet preparation. Frankly speaking, this day we had a problem with the Electricity (cut off from 11h00 till 13h45) from the main source and he was anxious and asked if we will serve lunch on time or not. Then he talked about that we aren’t proficient in handling food safety issues. A full explanatory clarifications were passed to him that our premise is well prepared for handling such an emergency cases as well as our TM’s are well trained to face such critical cases but he didn’t believe that even after checked by himself the food at the buffet and discovered that all food were in good and normal conditions regarding the temperatures level specially the hot food.
2-He threatened us that he will post bad review on Tripadvisor and our answer was that we will reply with the true and honest evidence.
3-Regarding the police issue, this is something against our principles as a hotel management company. We here in El Hayat believe strongly in having a sustainable business and we have put values and systems in place to ensure that we remain focused on the needs of the people that matter to us most and we focus on doing things the right way. Our reputation and brand have taken five years to create so we cannot put our reputation at stake.
4-During their stay they caused problems with our entire TM’s – F&B service, regarding the extra drinks, while presenting the cheque for signature after the discount granted to them although their meals plan was on Full Board basis without drinks however, we provided them free water, hot & soft drinks during Lunch & Dinner times.
5-The ground handling company requested from us to write full report regarding the crew member attitude & behaviors but the management took a decision that our premise is not a part of the existing problems between the Crew members and the ground handling company because our Hotel motto is “Trust Service” you build trust and make sure that this trust is justified constantly.

El Hayat Sharm Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Laguna Vista Garden Resort
Laguna Vista Beach Resort
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Club Magic Life Sharm el Sheikh Imperial
Club Magic Life Sharm el Sheikh ...
#18 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Re...
#57 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rehana Royal Prestige Resort & Spa

Been to El Hayat Sharm Resort? Share your experiences!