“Great experience”

Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Zagreb, Zagrebacka, Croatia
“Great experience”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

It was really enjoyable visit in Egypt, For us it is the fifth holiday in Sharm El Sheik. It has a very styling and it's a lovely hotel and surely we will return next year, because of the staff and their friendliness, their willingness to be helpful and do all they can to help make your holiday one to remember. Entertainment is one of the strongest part of El Hayat hotel, the fun, the laughter, the lovely friendly atmosphere of the hotel and the country. Animation Team is just great.They do the job and enjoy it at the same time, They gave us a lot of natural smile and infectious laugh, always happy and entertaining. lightens up everyone around them.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Marjan A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Kings Langley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I booked this hotel for my 50th birthday and took my son and daughter with me. I checked the reviews beforehand and was satisfied that the reviews were good at the time of booking. The pictures of the Hotel look very nice but they are deceiving. The hotel is in a very bad state and needs a complete refurbish. The wiring was unsafe and the bathroom was awful. The hotel was very dirty. The food was poor and the drinks were of poor quality. I ended up having to move hotels which took and wasted I day of my holiday. Bearing in mind we were there for 6days. I ended up having to pay more money to go to a better hotel.
This hotel is not fit for purpose. The staff are miserable and not friendly. Do not go to this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Nabq Bay hotels

Kidderminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I could write a long review on this hotel but I don't want to lose anyone's attention.
The staff are rude, the food awful, the drinks are made with cheap products, the rooms are tired and dirty. All the rooms look like they have been broken into at some stage. The first one we were shown to (1522) the lock was that badly broken, I was unable to lock it. I reported it to reception within 10 minutes of being in the room and I spoke to the reception manager. I was laughed at and told I was being stupid and that I simply wasn't locking it properly. I have a doctorate in mechanic science. I'm hardly challenged by a door lock! He sent somebody up to show me how to lock it. A man arrived, he did not say anything to me. He looked at the lock, made a call and reported it as broken. Instead of moving us to another room at this point, a maintenance man turned up and spent an hour "fixing" the un-fixable door lock and frame. By this time my wife was in tears and I was close to blowing my top. The maintenance man indicated to me he had fixed it and left without showing me. I went to lock the door so we could get some sleep. With the door locked and dead locked I was still able, with no force or holding the handle down to push the door open using the palm of my hand. When you take into account that non of the balcony doors have no locks, our room was completely insecure. After complaining again, being laughed at again we were moved to another room (2121). This was exactly the same as our first room only the room was smaller and we had a broken wardrobe to boot.
It was knocking on to midnight by now so we secured the room as best we could using the broken wardrobe, our cases and a bed and tried to get some sleep.
The next morning I called our travel agent and requested to be removed to a new hotel. This happened very quickly and we were in our new hotel within a couple of hours.
This hotel is not 4 star! Even by Egyptian standards. It's noisy, dirty, and hostile. It even has a reputation with the locals as a poor hotel as we found out after leaving.
Please look at other hotels. They are no more expensive than this and much better! I suggest the Iberotel Il Mercarto. That where we ended up and will be going back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Wolverhampton
Reviewed 7 February 2014

returned from the hotel yesterday, i booked last minute & got a 4 day stay at a great price from travel republic, the hotel is unique in construction & looks amazing.. especially at night all lit up. The staff cant do enough for you and are friendly, helpful and respectful. The room i had 2501 was not a pool view as i had paid for but was overlooking the theatre. i was offered another room but liked the one i had because it was peaceful and served its purpose. The bed was really comfortable (the comfiest of all 4 hotels i have stayed in Sharm - including 5 * ones)
The sun loungers were really comfortable too & the towels were massive, clean and thick soft cotton.
The bedroom has a universal socket which came in really handy as i didnt take a travel plug.

i had to complain about the food being not hot enough and the restaurant being unclean but in the hotels defence they gave the restaurant a thorough clean and everything improved, they gave me a complimentary fruit bowl and were extremely apologetic. the doughnuts at breakfast are lovely & breakfasts were my favourite. if you want anything the hotel will do the best to help.
if this was my hotel i would get the staff new clean uniforms, steam clean all the tables, chairs and bathrooms & re cover the mattresses for the sunbeds. get the bed linens bleached or replaced and just clean up in general. tea and coffee making facilities are a must for the bedrooms too. the pool areas need sweeping and sanitising too.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Lisawv4
Southampton
Reviewed 1 February 2014

After reading some of the other reviews, please take them with a pinch of salt in some cases and a few kilograms in others.

After having just spent 10 nights here I had to write a review, I couldn't help myself!

Now El Hayat Sharm is a unique resort and the grounds are something to be experienced.

From the minute we stepped off the bus outside we were treated to some of the best service I have experienced. A member of the concierge team immediately rushed out to carry our bags up the steps and into the lobby - I might add he wouldn't take no for an answer. We were shown across the vast entrance hall to the reception and welcomed warmly by the Front of house team.

Now managing a hotel myself I understand the pressures of a good first impression but the team at El Hayat you can tell are used to a multitude of different nationalities and were great from the word go.

We were quickly checked in and the same concierge 'Carmel' (sorry if my spelling of his name is wrong!) allowed us a chance to sit in the lobby and take our time to look around before escorting us to our room all the while carrying our bags and pointing out everything we needed to know in very good English.

He then took us up to our room, we were to be in 1624 for the 10 days and the room was all you can ask for. A large double room with, en suite shower, huge wardrobe, safe deposit box, fridge, television and dressing table. Our balcony was a perfect size and we overlooked the lower pool, bar lounge area and the restaurant.

On check in we were given a detailed sheet, telling us the times of breakfast, lunch and dinner. The times the various bar and snack services available and anything else we could have needed to know - perfect!

So far we were impressed, 'Carmel' then told us our housekeeper would come up and make sure the room was to our liking. We met, Mohammed, who was to be our housekeeper for the week. He couldn't do enough for us! As we had simply booked a standard double room we only had two single beds he immediately asked if we would prefer him to make them one,which we did, he did this with no trouble, unfortunately the single beds are attached to the headboard so he couldn't push simply push them together but he moved the mattresses and made us the biggest bed we could have imagined!
He made sure to bring us tea and coffee making facilities which don't come as standard and replenished these every day, he also went out of his way every day on making up our room to decorate the bed with some amazing works of art using towels and flowers - it was such a special touch we were amazed!

Now some aspects of the hotel could do with a bit of TLC but where doesn't and after all Sharm El Sheikh doesn't have a down season you can't expect it to be perfect all the time!
Some of the loungers round the pool need a bit of fixing up and new cushions, but when you're looking to just lie by the pool with a drink in hand and relax it's no drama that there are small defects.

Every staff member we met went beyond the call of duty to make us enjoy our stay and make sure that we had everything we needed, whether it was when we were by the pool, in the restaurant or just in the bar of an evening. Magdi who worked the main bar and poolside bar, was one to be celebrated, on our first night he immediately came over and introduced himself and asked that if we needed anything he would be there to make sure we got it. The same is to be said for Mohammed and Ahmed that worked in the restaurant. They made sure we had the best table at every meal, they went out of our way to say if there was anything we wanted on a specific mealtime they would make sure the chef made it! Ideal!

Nothing was too much trouble and we feel the service can not be beaten. The food is all you can ask for in a hotel of this size, they have different meats on the BBQ every lunch and dinner time and a great range of pasta, salad and other accompaniments.

There is a free shuttle that runs down to the beach club affiliated with the resort, but there's little point wasting time waiting for it when it is less than a 10minute walk to it. The beach club has a variety of sun loungers and cabanas as well as there being many water sports available, all at an extra cost.

The WiFi is reasonably priced and works efficiently.

The shops and supermarkets around the hotel are an experience, but what you have to remember is that they are just trying to make a living and they can be a bit pushy even though they offer 'hassle free' shopping - that's a myth but again they're just trying to make a living and if you give them the time of day then you will see they have some amazing things to see and just by looking you are placating them, they won't be offended if you say no!

The staff are so helpful and will assist you and advise you whenever possible and are useful to talk to so you don't get ripped off by taxi drivers/bus drivers/shop owners etc.

The animation team do a fantastic job and are there to make you enjoy yourself but don't feel obligated to join in, again they're just trying to make your holiday a memorable one! Plus watching the others take part is sometimes more fun than taking part yourself.

I have to give all the staff some credit, for a hotel who's clientele are mainly Russians they are never anything less than upbeat and professional and they are extremely grateful to meet polite British people!

For us, we enjoyed the life and upbeat atmosphere we experienced here and will be back as soon as we can - maybe even in March!

Try El Hayat and make your own minds up.

Thank you to all of the staff who made our holiday such an enjoyable one.
Love Libbie & Dan

(Room 1624 20.01.14 - 30.01.14)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank b_shaw88
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Ok, just want to start by advising readers of this review, I actually work in the travel industry and have done for 9 years. I go on holiday approx 4 times a year and have gained quite a wealth of experience in the hotel industry.

I stayed here from 2nd January to the 9th. I sent numerous emails to the hotel manager prior to my arrival to request a particular room, this was not granted, which I understand as it is only a request, but the fact no one could email me back to even advise receipt of my email or email to advise me this would not be granted I would have appreciated that rather than the disappointment on arrival.

My room, was something out of fawlty towers. The sliding wardrobe actually came off its hinges, and in my petite frame, found myself balancing a huge wardobe door on my shoulder whilst my friend had to try and put it back on its runners. The bathroom needed a real good scrub, it wasn't clean enough at all! And the balcony, which I had persisted on, even at check in that I would require a larger balcony, was to say the least - embarassing! It was probably the same size a squatting hole found on my travels to Kenya. The 'balcony' had a chair and small table crammed next to eachother, and I would say was as big as a public toilet cubicle. And that I promise you is no exaageration.

The food, breakfast was adequate, however I would like to stress to management, please get a TOASTER! Us British folk aren't as fussy as you think, and to be honest, on a hot day in the Egyptian sun, all I ask for breakfast is a slice of toast, bit of jam and a cuppa! Lunch was far better I have to say, and for this alone is why I have rated it 1/5. The lunch was actually rather nice, not lots of variety, but good pasta, good bread selection and pizza styles snacks and lots of fruit and colourful cakes for afters. There wasn't enough choice at dinner time for my liking and I have to say, 5 out of the 7 nights we ate dinner else where. The 1st night we decided to skip dinner and sleep as soon as we arrived and the 2nd night was when we tried dinner, and never tried again.

The wi-fi here is very reasonable! Was quite impressed at the cost as prevous hotels have charged ridiculous amounts!

Lobby area is lovely and modern, and smoking inside the lobby is permitted.

Outside the hotel to the left hand side is a shop (maybe called king tutus?).. and an egyptian wearing sunglasses with a manchester accent appears before you set foot outside of your hotel. I need to stres excessively to management, this man needs to be stoppped from hassling your hotel guests! I was very upset on holiday that I began running across the road after leaving the hotel for walks just to escape the awful, and most aggitating hassling to date! I will never send any of my clients to your hotel mainly because of this reason because it is ridiculous. We ended up not going out sometimes because it wasn't worth the hassle of having him chase us and embarass us.

The last point I need to make, which is an underlying worry of mine, is that the pool area distinctly smells of faeces, in other words, dog crap. The smell was absolutely horrendous, I actually gagged and was bent over whilst walking past the pool area as the smell came up my nose tears were streaming. While me and my friend were sunbathing in the day, I was continuously whipping flies off my body and this was just simply awful, I felt like I was covered in something rotten and fly's were landing all over me. Everyone who I spoke to agreed this was utterly disgusting. From then on after the 3rd day, I spent every day at the beach, no flys, no awful drainage smell, just bliss fresh air and rest!

I am so disappointed in this stay, and before I confirmed the booking this was booked primarily as a 'base to sleep and get washed' but even that was too much to ask. I did offer to speak to your management as I hear your looking for more British guests but this fell on deaf ears. You need people like myself who work in the travel industry back in the UK to help you for good business. There are just a few tiny changes you could make and you'd be on your way to catering for the British and very inexpensive! i.e Kettle in the room! We all love a cup of coffee/tea before we come down for breakfast!

When I stayed, only 4 of us were English.

To end on a positive note, the beds were actually really comfortable! Out of all the other Egypt hotels I've stayed in, the beds are like concrete but not here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gemma B
Sherine I, General Manager at El Hayat Sharm Resort, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Ms. Gemma,

Greetings from El Hayat Sharm Resort

First of all, let me seize this opportunity to thank you for your interest in El Hayat Sharm Resort and for taking the time to write to us your terrible experience.

Please be sure that the whole team at El Hayat Sharm Resort is highly committed to providing every guest with a perfect holiday experience and that we relentlessly work on the continuous improvement of the services that we offer.

With respect to the mentioned regarding the e-mail sent, please be informed that we did not receive from your side any emails regarding your request as we always respond either the same day or the other day to acknowledge their request and according to the availability we do our best. But if we did not respond this means that we did not receive any email.

In regards to the negative comments about the hotel that were posted on Trip advisor, if you could take the time to further investigate the website, you will find a larger number of very positive comments about the hotel, some of which even praise the same facilities /staff that other comments criticized such as (list some topics of good reviews related to the same topics that the guest is complaining of, if possible).

I was concerned to learn that you were dissatisfied with several aspects of your stay, and first and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience and disappointment caused on this occasion. I would like to assure you that I will be reviewing your comments with the Department Heads concerned, who will be taking action to ensure your comments are addressed.

Nevertheless, we truly value and appreciate these negative comments that we consider crucial for our development and improvement. We always use them as means to identify and rectify any errors or mistakes; as we strive to achieve the highest ever level of our future guests’ satisfaction.

We look forward to receive you again at El Hayat Sharm Resort and we assure you that we will do our best to meet your expectations during your stay if not exceed them.

Sincere regards,

Sherine Ismail
Hotel Manager
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed at El hayat Sharm in October/November with my 7 year old boy for a week. The hotel is quite big with three pools all very clean and the staff could not do enough to make are stay enjoyable.The food was good with a large selection and the staff look after you. We stayed all inclusive but if you want to book half board , there are plenty of restaurants close by including
Mc Donalds and Kentucky Fried Chicken. The Shops are about 100 yards walk with some fixed price ones like The Metro. The beach is about 10 minutes walk across the road and is all sand and the water is very shallow ideal for small children and toddlers. We had a great time and the manager Sherine could not have been more helpfull. Egypt and the red sea resort want our custom and they bend over backwards to look after us. I can recommend the El Hayat Sharm Resort .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank david c
Dear Mr. David ,

We would like to thank you very much for your superb review about your recent vacation at our EL Hayat Sharm and it’s of great delight for us, that we could make your stay with us a holiday of a lifetime.

We are looking forward to your next visit to show you once again our individual customer care and hospitality to enjoy another superb time with us here

Kindly accept our warmest regards from the Red Sea shores

Kindest regards,

Sherine Ismail
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Laguna Vista Garden Resort
Laguna Vista Beach Resort
Club Magic Life Sharm el Sheikh Imperial
Club Magic Life Sharm el Sheikh ...
#18 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Barcelo Tiran Sharm
Barcelo Tiran Sharm
#10 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Re...
#57 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rehana Royal Prestige Resort & Spa

Been to El Hayat Sharm Resort? Share your experiences!