All reviews sea life sea club animation team fish family suite ice cream aqua park main restaurant kids club pasta all inclusive package coral reef burger sharm hotdogs laugh egyptians
Reviewed 1 January 2015

Time in this hotel was very nice because Miky spend a lot of time with people and do great plays for us. This men is the best animator. :) i lost few kilograms because we spend time in areobic ecc., many good memories in this hotel!

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ula C
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Charmillion Gardens Aqua Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2015

Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday with us in Sea Gardens.
We very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review and for recommending our hotel to others. I shall pass on your positive comments to Miky, He is a hard working Animator and will be delighted to hear the positivity you have mentioned about him.
Overall we are all very much Thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Sea Gardens.

Reviewed 31 December 2014

Was not sure what to expect having travelled a lot but never to Egypt but I must say I was surprised. My husband had been to Egypt in another resort though, so could compare better than me. There were only a few negatives and I will put these after the positives.

I booked for my mothers 70th birthday and as a group were all ages, from 18 to 78 years old. There was something for all of us.

It was great being able to use the facilities at all three hotels. The food was great and a wide variety to suit all. You get to eat one night at each of the 'special restaurants'. They were all good but the best was the Japanese. The buffet restaurant is where you mostly eat. You can eat in any of the three hotels. Lunch again can be in the buffet, by the pool or at one restaurant at the beach.

We preferred the pool of our own hotel, as the others were mainly populated by Russians. Mostly English and some Germans tended to be staying at our hotel.

Rooms were really good size with everything you need. The only thing missing was an iron. Some people had commented that they needed upgrading, but I thought they were clean, tidy and adequate for the money spent.

The beach is not flat and quite hilly. It was also further than I thought from our hotel and my father, who has walking problems did find it quite difficult. The beach does not slope into the sea. You have to walk down steps to get into the sea. The sea was really rocky, so water shoes are a must. Lots of fish in the sea though when you finally get in it, but you can not swim very far as it's roped off.

You do get harassed by staff offering you trips and beauty treatments constantly when by pool and beach, but normally after a few days and being blunt they leave you alone.

All Staff are all polite and helpful at Sea Gardens and are happy to do anything for you. They really appreciate the tips and go that extra mile. The gardens are tendered everyday. There are lots of gardeners working on it and keep it spotless and beautiful, and felt gutted after that we forgot to tip them.

There is not much nightlife at the hotels. Soho Square is a must with its ice Bar and and you can get free transport to here. Lots of shops too.

We booked our trips through the rep from Thomas Cook. We had two fab days which I would recommend. One being the VIP day boat trip and the other the glass bottom submarine. We all enjoyed it.

The only negatives we have are that the swimming pool in our hotel was not heated until 6 days after we got there. It was so cold you could not feel your legs, so we only went in once and then again once the heating was on. It was like a bath then!

The beach was disappointing as it was so hilly and you could not walk straight into the sea. When we went on trips, other hotels had beaches where you could.

The lobby bar was very small and smoky. We had trouble finding a seat some evenings so I have to think what it would be like in their main season.

Wifi was free in the lobby bar but was hit and miss if it worked. You can pay £25 for a week and have wifi anywhere but did not get this so not sure if was it was better.

Just a pointer, we went in December and the evening were chilly, so I would advise anyone going then to take trousers and cardigans/jumpers. Also my daughters got bitten quite badly with Nats so bringing a spray is a good idea.

All in all a good holiday. We all enjoyed it. We generally do not return to the same hotel again, but my daughters both would return and so would be my parents.

Room tip: Ask for pool view. The rooms are bigger and view the best.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Julie C

Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday and for spending a birthday with us in Sea Gardens.
We very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review and for recommending our hotel to others. I shall first start with responding to your negative points.

Regarding the sales executives please be informed that we have a Relax area on the beach where the sales teams are not permitted to enter at anytime of the day and also we have relax hours around the swimming pools between 9-10am and 1-3pm during these times sales staff are also not permitted to enter the pool areas.

Concerning the WI-FI issue please be informed we have our IT managers on duty at all hours to help with anyone struggling with the connection.

Last of all i shall pass on your comments regarding the evening entertainment to our Entertainment team.

Now onto the positive comments.
I am very pleased everyone traveling with you managed to find something to do throughout the day and that you are happy with the day time entertainment and facilities.
Also I am delighted to hear you found that the main restaurant was plentiful with food. I shall pass on your positive comments to our Kitchen Staff. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed your dinner in our A Le Carte restaurants. Last of all I am pleased you were happy with your room and the cleanliness of the grounds throughout the resort.

We are all thrilled to hear that you are planning on returning to us sometime in the future and are all looking forward to it.

Reviewed 29 December 2014

I really love Egypt, this is the best hotel with its animation group. The animators are helpful and very nice, happy. They make my journey fantastic. Thank you.
Hotel is also very nice, big territory, fantastic view.

1  Thank Irino4

First of all I would like to say Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday with us in Sea Gardens. Also for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us here.
I am delighted to hear you were happy with the Animation team and the effort they made to ensure the guests happiness. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the Animators, they will be thrilled to hear about the praises you have given them. I am also glad you are happy with the hotel grounds and that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

We very much hope to welcome you back in the future.
Wishing you a happy new year.

Reviewed 29 December 2014

returned to snow from 2 weeks of fun in the sun ,many thanks to micky the animation man from sea garden .all the kids adored him .great fun for all ages in a. Relaxed atmosphere .definitely recommend for family's

1  Thank twidal

Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday and your Christmas with us in Sea Gardens.
We very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience with others. I shall pass on your comments to Micky personally, I am sure he will be very pleased the Animation team work hard to ensure all of our guests are entertained. Over all I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We very much hope to welcome you back in the future.
Wishing you all the best for the new year

Reviewed 21 December 2014

Having just returned from 7 delightful nights in Sea Gardens, we would like to share our views, experiences and encounters and would thoroughly recommend this resort. We stayed between the 8-15 December, and found this to be a very good time of the year to visit due to the nice weather (about 27c) and the quietness of the resort. One of the main advantages of the hotel in that it is part of three hotel resort (with Sea Club & Sea Life), and you can use any facilities, bars, restaurants throughout.

ROOM
When we got to our room we found we had been updated to a family suite free of charge, to which all I could say was "bingo!". The room was huge and of a good standard. It was kept clean and the cleaner even made some epic towel art on the bed each day.

POOL
There are many pools around the resort, although we spent most of our time at the sea gardens pool as it was quieter. The bar here was very good and Ahmed was very friendly always asking if you needed drinks. The temperature was slightly on the chilly side, but not too cold to use. There were many available free sun loungers which were very padded and comfortable.

BEACH
The beach was a 5-10 minute stroll through the beautiful gardens from the hotel, as it is set slightly further back from the sea than sea club and sea life. The sea is very shallow until the reef drops off about 50m from the shore. There is a jetty which stretches out to this point and provided excellent snorkelling.

FOOD
The food was of a good standard and there was a good variety throughout our stay. There were different themed nights every evening at each hotel meaning we never had the same buffet twice. As well as the buffet selection at lunch there was hot dogs, burgers, pizza and chips at each pool bar.
During our weeks stay we were allowed to eat at 3 a la carte restaurants free of charge:
Teppanyaki (Japanese)- great experience seeing the food being cooked in front of you and very delicious
Diwania (Lebanese)- rooftop setting with food brought to the table on a mini charcoal stove
Il Pescatore (Italian)- beachside location with indoor and alfresco dining. Food of lower standard than the others but still ok.

STAFF
Outstanding service which we could not fault throughout our stay. Sea gardens pool and lobby bars were the most friendly. Reception staff very helpful and could always answer our questions. One negative point was the number of people selling excursions and treatments, but they were on the whole they were very friendly and funny and would go away if you said you weren't interested. We went on two trips through the hotel (snorkelling and quads) which were very good and could be bartered down in price!

ENTERTAINMENT
The entertainment was not the resort's strength, although the animation team were very enthusiastic even when often faced with only 10 people at the pool. Due to the large numbers of Russians, the evening entertainment often revolved around them.

AQUA PARK
One free visit to the Aqua park is free during your stay, remember to get a voucher from reception. The shuttle bus runs every half an hour and only takes 5-10 mins. This provided a good mornings entertainment.

Date of stay: December 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
12  Thank David T