“The Staff are the Jewels of the Tirana”

Tirana Aqua Park Resort
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Hawkwell
“The Staff are the Jewels of the Tirana”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Looking for some winter sun we decided to book a one week vacation at Sharm El Sheikh. After some quick research we decided to stay at the Tirana Aqua Park Resort.

Friendliness of Staff
On arrival the friendliness of the staff was apparent and we were quickly checked in and our bags were transferred to our room. Throughout our stay everyone was helpful and focused on providing us with a wonderful time. Our housekeeper Mohammed was outstanding and Alaa the Lifeguard at the Beach was one of the nicest people you are likely to meet wherever you go.

Cleanliness of Resort
We arrived shortly after a torrential thunderstorm which damaged parts of the resort. The staff worked hard and got things back to normal as quickly as possible. The only real downside was that the gym was closed for our entire stay which gave me an excuse to put on a couple of extra pounds. All of the staff are meticulous to keep the resort tidy and we were very impressed with the overall cleanliness.

Location
The hotel is located between Nabq Bay and Sharks Bay. There is plenty to keep you occupied in the resort due the Aqua Park and the Beach. We took a couple of trips with local taxis and it was really easy and cost 50 LE to Sharks Bay. If we had more time we would have taken an excursion to Cairo to see the pyramids.

Wi-Fi
This is an extra charge and cost us 270 LE. There was a buy 3 days and get 3 days free offer which helped. Other hotels offering free Wi-Fi were more expensive but it still grates a bit to pay for the service, especially when you are a sharing a single access code across multiple devices.

The hotel tried to provide a variety of meals to keep the buffet interesting. There was always a wide variety of dishes and we had few problems finding things to eat. The resort also has a number of a la carte restaurants but we only used the Italian. For lunch you can also get a burger or pizza at the pool or beach. If you are looking for gourmet food you might be disappointed but if you want simple well cooked food then you should be alright.

Overall
We really enjoyed our stay and felt we got good value for money. We would come back to Sharm El Sheikh in the future and would consider staying at the Tirana Aqua Park Resort again.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank cbailey8
Guest_RelationsTAP, Guest Relations Supervisor at Tirana Aqua Park Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at Tirana Aqua Park Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve and maintain the highest possible standards.

At Tirana Aqua park we believe that it is through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of all our valued guests that we are able to continually improve the services we provide. Your comments are always of the greatest importance to all staff and management and we appreciate your valuable feedback and hope to welcome you back to Tirana Aqua Park Resort in the future.

Guest Relations Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (703)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Manchester
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at the Tirana 3-13th March 2013. Like many of the recent reviews this was during the storm which caused some chaos to services (flooding/power cuts) - however the hotel dealt with it really well. The pools flooded and then needed a complete clean - the pool staff worked 2 days (night & day) to ensure they were back open prompt. The hotel it lovely - well maintained and clean, the rooms all appear to have the same layout and the staff are accommodating to any requests. We stayed in block 4 overlooking the main pool (which was the quieter one during our stay as the relaxation (heated) was made into the entertainment pool - far too noisy and annoying for us). Whilst we did not join in the entertainments on offer (our choice) there was something on each night at the amphitheatre and games during the day (darts/aqua Zumba), the English rep (Naomi) made a point of greeting the guest each day and night, to make sure all was ok and keep guests up to date with programme.

The food is by far one of the best I have experienced by way of all inclusive - a bonus being it was fresh, hot and tasty. They don't appear like a lot of hotels to recycle much of the food. You can also use the restaurants on site (Indian,Chinese,Lebanese,English Italian) during your stay (5 per week), unfortunately we was only able to access the Italian and the Lebanese (due to the power cut) however both of these were very nice and I would recommend.

The alcohol - not the greatest - wine is foul, vodka disgusting, - however we were aware of this therefore bought a bottle of brandy and vodka (2 litres for £20 ) duty free on the way out, which lasted for our holiday. In soho square there is also a duty free shop where you can purchase duty free within 48 hours of arrival as long as you take your passport ( we bought a couple of bottles of wine).

The beach - is lovely - across the road and through a building site ( get the hotel bus every 10 mins) well worth a couple of days if you like the sea - all usual facility's of all inclusive - don't let the building site put you off.

The Russians - Egypt is a popular destination for Russians, however the majority appeared to be families and couples, without much trouble ( as experienced in other hotel) they are though quite rude and lack manners ( especially if it means waiting their turn) a few polite taps on their shoulders were required.

Mustang services offer an excellent taxi service - honest, friendly and reliable - look out for Rio Ferdinand look alike. Like wise we also had massages which were nice - you have to negotiate price. If you don't want mothered round the pool (paintings/papers/trips etc..) just tell them no thanks and get the message - like wise use the red flag system ( ask the towel man).

A few staff members I would like to mention ( as I feel they made our holiday) are Hany (pool/towel) attendant, cleaner of room 2236, Mohamed (waiter in lobby bar), Abdullah (pasta man) and Naomi (animation team). - however most staff are friendly, polite and happy to ensure you have a lovely holiday.

Would I return - yes I would - despite the weather and disruption to services we had a lovely relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Block 4 - ground floor appear to have the kingsize beds ( first floor have singles that have to be p...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner went to this hotel last week. Unfortunately we went when there was a thunder storm and due to the weather we had to go without power for a couple of days in our hotel room. Apart from that hiccup we had a lovely time. The pools and the hotel are really clean. All the staff are friendly and very welcoming. The English rep Naomi is lovely and had all the information you need to know. Food was good, the speciality restaurants aren't amazing so we stuck to the main restaurant. The aqua park was very fun! Would recommend getting a massage very relaxing and you can get the price down to a reasonable one! Great hotel though, evening entertainment isn't that great however but soho square a short taxi ride away

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle L
Guest_RelationsTAP, Guest Relations Supervisor at Tirana Aqua Park Resort, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Reviewer,

All of your kind comments have been shared with the management team and staff and everybody here is delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your holiday experience with us. It is through listening to guest comments and suggestions that we are able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive to maintain

Your kind comments about the staff especially whom you highlighted in your review have been shared with the relevant departments to be used as examples of excellent customer service for all of the staff here at the hotel.

We appreciate your valuable comments and hope to welcome you back to Tirana Aqua Park Resort in the future

wales uk
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Before I start I would like to state that my time at the hotel was somewhat inhibited by the very heavy rain (worst in five years i was told) on the second day of the holiday; which caused power problems and contaminated the pools for the hotel. Although this could not be helped the degree to which they coped could have been slightly better (i had friends out there in other hotels which seemed to be back to normal quicker than our hotel)

Ok firstly the staff all in all where fantastic, everyone from the cleaners to the barman always stopped to say hi, make a fuss of the boy and make general friendly chit-chat. Of the additional requests i made, most where satisfied immediately.

The hotel and grounds exceeded my expectations :) We where offered a pool view over the original choice of sea view and the view was excellent. There was some construction work going on in much of the area but this didnt seem to affect our enjoyment at the hotel.

Food, ok.. the main restaurant breaky was a litte limited and you had to wait a little while for some things like fried eggs etc... As we had partial power out for a large chunk of the holiday many of the specialized restaurants where out, so it unfair of me to award badly on just this basis, but as mentioned about friends hotel and other hotels in area from people we spoke to on trips where back to normal alot quicker...we had Lebanese one night which was great, the Italian was ok (im critical of Italian because this my fav cuisine). The food in main restaurant in day/night was good but not great.

We used the aqua park on one day when it was back running after the storm and this was most fun.

the pools where all very good (apart from when they where shut for 2-3 days from rain)

On 1st day a gent on the towels tried to scam us (i believe) short changing us on towels (you had a card system where one towel per card was awarded, he didnbt give us the right towels for card, then denied we had 3 cards and said he could recover the towel but at price...you got fined for losing towels) the wife spoke too reception and instantly they fixed the issue and where VERY apologetic...I played it down as didnt want anyone in trouble but believe it wasnt a mistake.

You was bothered for sales on activities at pool quite alot but i think this just the way of Egypt and you cant really get away from that here... Just tell them straight away you not interested and they leave you alone.

The entertainment was pretty good.

The staff and grounds make this place and i would consider go back if i got good deal on price

Room Tip: family room pool view was great for distance from facilities and pool
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

All of your comments have been shared with the management team and staff here at the hotels who are pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your holiday stay with us. We have looked at ways we can make improvements based on your comment and I wanted to take the time to give you the hotels feedback.

All feedback enables us to make continued improvements and is always of the utmost importance to the staff and management at the hotel.

I am sorry to read that overall you were not satisfied with the food during breakfast. I can confirm that our Executive Chef is currently in the process of rolling out new summer menus for the main restaurant dining experience. As I am sure you can appreciate it is a big challenge for our food & beverages team and kitchens to cater for such a wide variety of nationalities, cultures and personal taste. I would actively encourage any guest not satisfied with any aspect of the food to make direct contact with our guest relations team at the earliest available opportunity while still in the hotel. Guest relations will be able to act as a liaison between yourself and our food & beverages department to ensure a solution is found so we can cater for all our guests’ individual needs and requests.

We would advise any guest not wanting to be approached by the 3rd party sales tenants to request a red flag from any of the towel centres. This can be displayed on your sun bed or umbrella and acts as a do not disturb sign to sales staff.

I hope this goes some way towards answering the points you raised in your review and we would very much hope to welcome you back at Tirana Aqua Park Resort again on a future holiday.

HEYWOOD
Reviewed 15 March 2014

my wife and myself have just returned on the 12th march 2014 after 2 weeks in the Tirana aqua park ,while we were there we celebrated our 47th anniversary and my wife birthday first I would like to say a big thank you to Joanne McCormack guest elations Supervisor, this lady is a credit to Tirana hotel, Joanne arranged for our room to have a kettle and iron to be put in our room on arrival, which helped us with the weight in our case thank you Joanne next I would like to thank sheriff who cleaned our room every day and left us clean towels and bottles of water, and every other day when we came into our room there was a towel decoration on the bed one day an elephant then 2 swans in the shape of an heart, and a snake and my wife birthday a cake with a candle in the middle of it all made out of towels with flower petals thanks sheriff next I would like to thank Hany he was the man round the pool who gave you sunbed towels, on arrival at hotel they give you one door key and 2 towel cards which you give to towel man they have some thing like 8 pools which one is heated so there is a few huts with towels, we used the pool right outside our room the room number 2123 on the first day we picked 2 sunbeds under an umberella at the end of the day we took the towels with us and the next morning hany had put the towels on the same beds for us so we just gave our old towels to him ,he did this every day for us great we did not have rush down for the sunbeds thanks hany the hotel staff can not do enough for you so lets say thank you to Walid one of the head chefs one night I asked if he had any white cheese and crackers for after tea he brought me a plate with white cheese and chedder and a tomato peeled and shaped like a rose and some lettace every one was staring at it, we felt we were royalty I think the Russians wonderd who we was every night walid would say cheese sir, thanks walid and thanks to abdallah who made the chips and pasta, he would make me an abdallah special speggetti and would not let the Russians push in front of me he would say pas me your plate sir ha ha shows a big please and thank you goes a long way cheers abdallah and lets not forget the young man in the restraint Mohamed who always brought us wine at lunch and tea times and always with a smile thanks Mohamed and not forgetting mohammed the bar waiter first night I asked one beer one vodka cocktail only had to ask that one time ,every night he would he would say sit down and came over with the drinks he would watch for your glass going down and bring you more thanks moammed ok lets move to the room very big large queen size bed bathroom walk in shower with a seat we had ground floor with patio 2 chairs table pool view room 2123 recommend restraint bit geared up to Russians I mashed potatoes on toast not my cup of tea, but they make the eggs how you like them beans beef sausage toast cerials cakes dinner time 2 types of soup salads ham fried chicken pasta bolanase chips different meats same at tea time not 5 star but I never went hungry I missed my bacon and Cumberland I have had better choices of food at other hotels, but would I go back well if the price was right I would return we paid £600 for 2 for 2 weeks allinclusive so can not grumble at that and the added bonus the very polite staff smilling all the time and remember a couple of English pound coins for tips goes a long way for the low pay the staff are on and the good job they do ,ps on our wedding anniversary they made us a big cake and all the waiters sang to us and the same on wife birthday,they have 5 alacarte restraint you can go to one visit to each of them so if 2 weeks stay 10 alacart which are free allinclusive,, hope my review helps

Room Tip: room 2123 right opposite restraint pool view have been told pick room in main building next to bar...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Guest_RelationsTAP, Guest Relations Supervisor at Tirana Aqua Park Resort, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear Reviewer,

All of your comments have been shared with the management team and staff and everybody here is delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your holiday experience with us and your kind comments about the staff especially whom you highlighted in your review have been shared with the relevant departments to be used as examples of excellent customer service for all of the staff here at the hotel.

Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming back soon with our own tradition of warm and friendly hospitality.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from a 10 day trip to tirana. We had a brilliant time met some lovely people and the friendly staff made our holiday. We would go back and it changed my husbands view of Egypt. The rooms are cleaned daily with brilliant towel sculptures, and fresh linen. Rooms are a nice size and well furnitured with a big bathroom with walk in shower. Pools are clean and Yosef at the pool bar looks after you bringing you drinks and making tequila boom booms. Snacks at the pool were good, lunch did get a bit repetitive so nice to have snack bar and pizza as an alternative. Dinner is a different theme each night and we ate at the Italian, Lebanese and English we always found something to eat. I would stay here again, however we usually like to try something different each year.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emma B

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here in 2013 and were so pleased with our choice of hotel decided to return again with my brother and his girlfriend, There was a lot of work going on last year and we were excited to see the improvements that had been made since our last visit.
We were allocated room 2205 with a lovely view of the main pool, rooms that were cordoned off last year as part of the improvements being made. The view was lovely but there wasn't any noticeable improvement, apart from maybe a lick of paint, Mahmood our room cleaner was amazing, his towel art was fabulous and he kept us well equipped with clean towels every day, he was very polite and keen to provide the best quality service he could.
Mamood and Amed at the water park, they are so friendly and go out of their way to ensure you have the best holiday. Hanny at the main pool who put out our towels every morning, he was so cheerful and friendly.
It truly is the staff that make this resort, well most of them, unfortunately for us the lobby bar manager Romany quickly spoilt what could have been another great holiday here at the Tirana.
I have never stayed at an all inclusive resort where the number of drinks you have on an evening has been so carefully scrutinised. My brothers girlfriend went to the bar to get her and my brother a glass of lager each, Romany made a comment, that's 4 you have had now. My brothers girlfriend was quite upset and so was I, I spoke to Alaa who is a true gent and in my opinion should be the overall manager of the bar, I explained to Alaa what had been said and he said he would ask the bar manager to come over and see me. Romany did come over and said there had been a 'miss understanding' and he actually thought she was with someone else and getting drinks for them. We thought his excuse was lame and he kept contradicting himself. We also told him about the size of the glasses of the drinks and in particular the plastic children's cups adults were being given at the beach, he made out he knew nothing about it and said he would make sure they were changed, they never were. We complained about the lager being 'flat' this was quickly changed but after a few hours it was brought to our tables again, we did hear rumours that dregs were being used, and also that spirits were being watered down and Romany did seem to be keen to get people to have cocktails rather than lager.There was definitely a big change from the previous year in the quality and quantity of the drinks and the various pool bars would be constantly running out of lager, I hate to think what it will be like in the summer months. The snacks at the beach bar were also in small quantities and we were given half a burger in a bun on a few occasions.
We were bitten quite badly by sand flies which caused a few days of discomfort this was after a day at the beach and we had to visit the pharmacy to seek some relief from the constant itching.
We did have rain a couple of days during the 2 weeks we were there and after a particular heavy down pour had only limited electricity throughout the hotel for 2 days, obviously not the hotels fault however it did mean the slides were out of use and a couple of the pools were left with dirty rain water in them so had to be sectioned off until they were thoroughly clean again,
Entertainment at the hotel isn't great and we did use the hotel's taxi's to go to La Strada, at a cost of 120 EP return and there are a few English bars and some shops you can visit for a bit of a change
I also used the nearby Sinai Safari Adventures to hire a Wi-Fi unit, this was great value for money and much cheaper than the hotel. A lovely English couple run this and the unit was dropped off and collected from the hotel. They also do trips, again much cheaper than on offer at the hotel so do check them out before you visit, you will not be disappointed.
I am already planning my visit to Sharm for next February but sadly will not return to this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank janieg65
Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review about Tirana Aqua Park Resort. Please accept our sincere apologies that the hotel did not meet your expectations. All feedback received from our guests is extremely important to us and we take all comments seriously.

I apologize that you were not happy with the all inclusive drinks service. The all inclusive concept specifies that all beverages are served by the glass. All our indoor bars use glasses unless the drink is requested as take away in which case a plastic cup will be issued to minimize the risk of any glass breakages around pools and public areas for the safety of all our guests. All outdoor bars serve using either plastic cups or acrylic glasses.

I have passed your comments regarding the beach snack bar portion sizes to our food and beverages department to address standards and ensure guests receive good customer service, clean set up tables and that portions should be in no way rationed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#92 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
#2 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa
Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa
#11 of 31 in Nabq Bay

Been to Tirana Aqua Park Resort? Share your experiences!