After having stayed at the Tirana last year we decided to return having previously enjoyed our time there. 6th - 20th May this year.
Once again the accommodation was clean well maintained and spacious. The food in the restaurants maintained to be varied for everyone`s pallet and generally was of a high standard. We only found the food to be dissatisfactory of one evening.
The hotels staff are what makes the holiday all are very friendly and helpful but some stand out;
Ahmed - Top Pool bar man - Always very friendly helpful and great with the children.
Ahmed - Beach Chef - Always friendly helpful and consistently goes the extra mile to ensure you have a great time.
Mohammed - House Keeping - High standards of cleaning, very friendly, great with children and very creative in the use of bath towels.
Kamil (The scouse) - Hotel Limo driver - Quite remarkable that he`d remembered us from last year even the children`s names. As before a wealth of local knowledge and always happy to help.
Lifeguards / attendants at the top pool, beach and children`s pool where fantastic and could not do enough to help.
Unfortunately there where some downsides this year;
The animation team appeared to lack the same level of commitment and enthusiasm in comparison to last years and for the majority assumed everyone to be eastern European.
The actions / omissions of a number of the hotels guests specifically relating to general manners made mealtimes a battle. A number of ill behaved children also put a dampener on things especially when their parent / guardians seemed to wish to take no corrective action to instances of pushing children off of their inflatables, hitting 2 year olds, stealing toys and the all time low trying to take ice cream off a baby. Unfortunately all off these acts seemed to be carried out by certain eastern Europeans who appear to have a different culture when it comes to these things.
General maintenance around the pools is starting to slip in particular the kids pool which now has rusting evident to the majority of slide structure and large splits in pool liner. The hotel seemed to be carrying out maintenance on the pools as we departed.
All in all a very pleasurable trip albeit for the actions of a few to which the hotel have no control.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tirana Aqua Park Resort The family paradise at the famous holiday destination Sharm el Sheikh. The Resort consists of 8 pool areas with Aqua Park and wave pool, in addition to a private Beach 800 meters away the shuttle bus each 15 minutes, family rooms with a 4-star (local rating) standard and our animation team with activities for young & old, guaranteeing that everybody will find the perfect place for a relaxing and exciting vacation. Hotel Facilities The Resort offers a 24-hours front desk, multilingual staff, express check-in/out, Guest Service Center, bell captain, limousine service, luggage room, laundry & valet service, live entertainment, beauty salon/barber, gift/souvenir shops, jewelry, internet cafe and a 24-hour on call doctor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Tirana Aqua Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Tirana Aqua Park Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sunrise Tirana Aquapark Hotel
- Tirana Aqua Park Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay