“ronaldo” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Manchester, United Kingdom
“ronaldo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

returned from the tirana on the 20/7/14 after 10 days thier,out of our first 5 nights on 4 off these we was left no towels, when asked at reception towels where dropped off at our room, on one night after arriving back at the hotel after being on quad biking trip we arrived back at 20.30 to find no towels, all we wanted to do was have shower and get ready for dinner, after asking reception for towels, after 20 mins no towels, back to reception, asked again, one towel was deliverd between two of us, back to reception where i spoke to a customer relations,next four hand towels deliverd, better than nothing,on the last two nights we was woken at 5.ooam by a member of staff hammering something under our room, a trip to the reception yet again,overall,staff where helpfull enough,food could do with looking at,beach area ok,

Room Tip: dont get a room near reception or over the kitchens,higher floors have less noise,make sure you have...
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ron h
Guest_RelationsTAP, Guest Relations Supervisor at Tirana Aqua Park Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review about Tirana Aqua Park Resort.

All of your kind comments have been shared with the management team and staff and everybody here are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your holiday experience with us.

We apologise if some areas did not meet your expectations and your comments have been shared with the departments concerned to look at ways to improve the services provided.

All feedback enables us to make continued improvements and is always of the utmost importance to the staff and management at the hotel.

At Tirana Aqua park we believe that it is through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of all our valued guests that we are able to continually improve the services we provide. Your comments are always of the greatest importance to all staff and management and we appreciate your valuable feedback and we would very much hope to welcome you back at Tirana Aqua Park Resort again on a future holiday to see the improvements which are continuously being implemented.

Guest Relations Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (703)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

i know i have put up a review before but i have seen too many bad reviews :(
this hotel is amazing, me and my family came here in december 2013 for christmas and my family loved it! the animation team, were brilliant! sama in the kids club did a great job making sure all the children were entertained and definitely needs to noticed and awarded for her great work :) naomi is just an incredible girl, and always makes us smile! she was the first person to speak to in tirana and she was so sweet :D the whole of the animation team were wonderful, just a shame that some of them won't be there again at chritmas this year :( the staff work incredibly hard to make sure everyone is satisfied, and a small tip will make it even better :) me and my 9year old sister mainly spent our days in the aqua park because no only were the slides great but the lifeguards working in the aqua park were amazing they definaitly made our holiday even more better! thank you too ahmed ibrahim, ahmed khalifa, tito mena, hesham esayed, mohamed khiry, ali al-husseini, mostafa anwar, sherif, hany and saied! bar staff/resturant staff were great making sure everyone got a drink, and always trying to make us laugh or smile! thank you to yousef tawfik, saied abo malk, nesa attia, mohamed kamal, ahmed fatah and last but not least marjory issat seif! marjory was always there if you needed anything, working on the snack bar during the day and the nice cream then the italian by night, and on our last day she even said she was going to miss us and that she wants us too come back soon :)
our last day at tirana was emotional, saying goodbye to all the friends we had made was so upsetting :( telling each and everyone of them that we will miss them and that we will come back soon! just before we boarded the coach to leave, naomi, mr hamada, reception staff and joanne came over with a cake to say goodbye(another reason to cry)
were coming back for christmas2014 and we cannot wait!

our

Room Tip: ask for pool view, not beach view as it's just a building site
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Georgina J
Our Lovely Georgina

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve and maintain the highest possible standards.

All of your kind comments have been shared with the management team and staff and everybody here is delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your holiday experience with us.

Your kind comments about the staff especially whom you highlighted in your review have been shared with the relevant departments to be used as examples of excellent customer service for all of the staff here at the hotel.

We are very pleased to know that overall your holiday with us was a memorable one and we look forward to welcoming you back to Tirana.

Kind regards
Raunds
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I'm not sure where to start on this... When we arrived our bags we're taken and we we're handed a drink. Brilliant we thought! Until it took us over an hour to check in because they lost our paperwork and couldn't remember photocopying our passports. Then we we're told we had only booked 1 room for 5 people. This was incorrect, we had booked 2 family rooms for the 2 weeks we we're staying. The manager got involved and told us he had sorted it. I double checked with him that we still had family rooms as we had specifically paid extra for these when booking, he assured me we had family rooms. When we got to the rooms, they we're not family rooms they we're standards. Not happy. We we're on the ground floor and we found our patio door did not lock, we felt unsafe so we rang reception, they said there was nothing they could do. We didn't find this acceptable so we went to reception to see the manager, he told us to return to our room and he would send someone immediately, no one came!

The door was finally fixed the next day.

The staff are very friendly but only if you tip them everyday. Otherwise you have little to no hope of getting a sunbed when the pool is busy unless you get up early and get one before they have a chance to reserve them for people who did tip them.

The main food resturant was awful, usually I'm not picky with food but I really struggled on this holiday, rice chicken and chips for lunch and dinner everyday for 2 weeks!! Defo book into the a la cartes!

Our shower stopped working everyday at 5pm so we had to make sure we we're back in plenty of time to get a shower in before then. We did ring reception and tell them and they said they would send someone over straight away, surprise surprise no one came. 3 days later we got a phone call to ask if we still needed someone to come and look!!

The rep ossy here is very rude, at one point he refused to tell some of our friends their flight details home because they had not booked any excursions through him.

The one good thing about this holiday was the animation team. Naomi, Sam and Elsia really made the holiday worth it. And the nights out are amazing, Hard Rock Cafe and the beach party we're immense. The only thing that spoilt it we're the two Egyptian lads on the animation team, on our last day we didn't want to get our hair wet as we had no shower facility but the two lads decided it would be a good idea to throw us in the pool. Even after I had sternly said no I wasn't interested. They actually removed my phone from my hand and picked me up by the hands and feet and threw me in. After the third time of them doing it in 1 day we had to get up and swap pools.

When rang concierge to collect our bags on our last day, we we're told to just leave them in the corridor outside our rooms. We we're not happy with this as other guests had told us they had had things stolen from their balconies. We explained our concern to the receptionist who then shouted down the phone at us.

The hotel is very nice I just think the food and staff need a bit of improvement!

By the way mcdonalds and kfc do deliver to this hotel!! We used them a lot! And so did a lot of the other guests!

But I would not return to this hotel for the little reasons that just spoil a holiday.

3 Thank Shelbs25
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Lovely reps. . Especially the young english one as it was easy to talk to her she was knowledgeable about the hotal and surrounding areas.she was vert polte n friendly. I found the Hotel smart in most places. Pool and slides were very nice and nuch appreciated by my younger children. You get what you pay for.the rooms always clean and tidy.entertainment was good esp the dance routines that my children certainly enjoyed

1 Thank Limes9
Guest_RelationsTAP, Guest Relations Supervisor at Tirana Aqua Park Resort, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the hotel facilities, food and service during their stay with us.

We are very pleased to know that overall your holiday with us was a memorable one and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Returned from Tirana last week and still have the holiday blues! From the moment we arrived myself and my family was impressed with the marble flooring of the reception to the service from the main desk.
We chose to spend our days around the main swimming pool and this is definatley a deal breaker to whether your holiday will become amazing or not! Naomi, Becca and elsia from the animation team never left us unoccupied. Sometimes just watching their activities was as entertaining as joining in!
The animation team also have a variety of shows on in the evening which are definitely worth a look at, we particularly enjoyed the fire show and pool party.
Friday nights the hotel/animation hold a beach party which is most definitely worth the money.
The main restaurant really does look a shambles there for take advantage of the Italian ala carte which is open breakfast and lunch times, the quality and service is considerably better. I would also reccomend taking full advantage of the ala carte restaurants of which there are 5 to choose from.
Cleanliness, service and entertainment all where spot on in my opinion.
Of course being British I could find something to complain about but the smile on my families faces throughout the holiday meant the hotel did well by me.

2 Thank markhas123
Dear Reviewer,

I apologize for the experience you describe in our main restaurant. I have shared all of your comments with our food & beverages manager. The restaurant team aim to meet all guests on the door to ensure that they are directed to a clean fully set up table. I appreciate when the main restaurant first opens it can be very busy which is why the evening meal is spread across several hours. All comments have been forwarded to our Restaurants manager to cascade to his team.

At Tirana Aqua park we believe that it is through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of all our valued guests that we are able to continually improve the services we provide. Your comments are always of the greatest importance to all staff and management and we appreciate your valuable feedback and hope to welcome you back to Tirana Aqua Park Resort in the future.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Tirana was a beautiful hotel and guests were extremely friendly, met a lovely bunch of people out there and had a wonderful experience. Food was very limited in the main restaurant but the Italian was open for breakfast and lunch which was a lot better. Bar staff could be rude at times and felt as though they were only helpful if they were receiving a tip. The animation team were absolutely fantastic, especially Naomi and Elsia. They had a lot of time for us and was extremely friendly and welcoming, they took us out on some great nights out and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. If you are to stay at Tirana, make sure you go out with these two!

1 Thank Demilouisex
Dear reviewer

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at Tirana Aqua Park Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve and maintain the highest possible standards.

We apologize for any negative attitude or service you received in the lobby bar and have requested our training manager roll out further customer service training for all restaurant staff to ensure high levels of customer service can be achieved and maintained. We would request any guest who is not satisfied with staff attitude to make direct contact with our guest service centre while in the hotel so that we can apply our internal procedures to make a full investigation and follow up with the staff member in question.

We appreciate your valuable comments and hope to welcome you back to Tirana Aqua Park Resort in the future

Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Trip 14th-21st July 2014.The hotel is ok, the pools are lovely, the staff on the ground are lovely (well most of them) the management are BULLIES especially the Managing Director! The food is disgusting and so are the drinks. The restaurants are even worse the only one I would say go to is the Lebonese. The Hotel is over run by Eastern europeans (mainly Russians) who are just rude. They made our trip HELL because every single night sometime twice/three time in the middle of the night we were woken up by the fire alarms because the Russians were smoking in their rooms. When I complained the management said there was nothing they could do but tell them off once they had done it, far lot of good that did. I came home exhausted and 3lb lighter through lack of decent food. The wi-fi that you had to pay £27 for was just for individual phones so both my girls had to spend £27 each for a wi-fi that hardly ever worked. The Entertainment was laughable in all the wrong ways and we were in bed by 10 at the latest every night. I have used all inclusive many time and I know you are not going to get fine dining but edible and variety would help. I would say this is a twob star hotel at most!

Room Tip: Just don't go!!! If you have already booked, No where near the Russians and pool view, insist on...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sea Life Resort
Sea Life Resort
#6 of 32 in Nabq Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,249 reviews

Been to Tirana Aqua Park Resort? Share your experiences!