“I cried when I left!!! Amazing holiday :-) can't wait to return!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tirana Aqua Park Resort

and 1 more site!
Tirana Aqua Park Resort
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
“I cried when I left!!! Amazing holiday :-) can't wait to return!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Second time in Sharm first to this hotel. After a long journey we walked into the very impressive lobby and we were immediatly greeted very warmly with a welcome home! We were over the moon! And now know what they meant!

There was unfortunately was a problem with our booking and our room had been cancelled by Alpha rooms and they had no record of us. Even so they told us we were welcome to go and have something to eat and drink, which was very welcomed after a long journey, whilst they attempted to sort it out. It was late and we were exhausted, panicked and very stressed my 12 year old was in tears! Even though they could not contact Alpha rooms and they were busy we were offered a room for the night thank you so much Karim for calming us down and looking after us!

We had a lot of problems with Alha rooms paying for the hotel with the money I had given them in May!! They eventually paid the day we left! 18 nights we were there!

I have said all this for two reasons 1 as a warning don't use alpha rooms and always email the hotel and check your booking! But more importantly to say some very big thank you's ! Karim thank you for always checking on us and greeting us with a smile and warm hand shake! Terri (quality control manager) nothing to do with bookings! For your constant help with reservations and even talking to the moron on the end of the phone! Going above and beyond your job description! Oh and I so enjoyed our chats too! Hannah guest relations for all your help, smiles and friendly chats we had! Joanne love you! Always there with a friendly face chat and hug! That's just the reception!

On to the hotel! The complex is absolutely huge! And very impressive! I have travelled all over the world and smiled every morning when I opend the curtains and surveyed the grounds!

Pools: absolutely beautiful! There is a pool to suit everyone! We loved the main pool with all the music activities and the amazing animation! The swim up bar was a welcome in the heat! You really are spoilt for choice!

Aqua park: amazing we loved it! There are 11 slides for adults and older children and a children's aqua park that looks gorgeous but my daughter is 12 so we didn't spend anytime there. The lifeguards at the top are a right laugh and will spin you! We met a lot of families and we all had great fun together flying down the flumes !! Kids loved it too!

Animation: I don't even know where to start, Amazing what a fantastic enthusiastic bunch! Always there with a smile and a chat! I don't normally get involved in activities but I felt compelled! And had so much fun!! My hubby loved the water polo and animation dances and even joined me in a bit of belly dancing! They are constantly arranging activities but you are never pressured to get involved! They organise nights out, we weren't into the club nights but we did got to the British bar to watch the football, great night out! They also organise a weekly foam party on the beach absolutely fab, we went twice! There are nightly shows down the amphitheater, we never made it as we were too busy nattering but my daughter and friends went down a couple of times and showed me some impressive footage of a fire show! You are always well looked after! Naomi,Rena,Hima and dj Pesi we love you!! Not to forget ELISA who is home now. You are all treasured friends!

Rooms: very spacious! Our bed was huge!! Granted my daughter had a put me up bed but she always had a goodnight sleep! Shower was huge! We never really had a problem with water pressure, if you shower at peak times it will be slower but still enough to have a decent shower! Loads of storage space! Clean sheets and towels everyday and some impressive towel art to boot! Only thing missing was a kettle! But I heard if you ask the cleaner one can be organised!

Food: if you can't find something to eat I am flabbergasted! What do you eat at home? Fresh food a lot of it cooked in front of your eyes!! Yummy!! There is a lot of choice! Breakfast fresh omlets and pancakes cooked to order! The chef will cook you something if you can't find anything you like but we never found that necessary.We never went hungry! We loved the Italian!! Thank you majore! The Indian wasn't bad, we weren't that keen on the English and Lebanese,but that's just us! Friends of ours enjoyed it. We never went hungry though! If you fancy a burger or hotdog and chips the snack bar is open from 12 till 5. We did go out for a meal and can highly reccomend the three crowns! They do one mean steak!! And only £7.50 bargain!

Beach: yes you have to get the shuttle bus but it comes every 15 minutes, yes you are driving through a building site but it's all of 5 minutes and worth it! Yes it's shingle but stunning! You don't notice once there. They have loads of beds, animation a covered bar and snack bar. Toilets and showers. They have a long jetty where you can snorkel or just peer over and see the most amazing fish what more do you want!

Soho square and Nama bay are only a very cheap short taxi drive away and are a must!!

Trips: if you want to do any water sports see Mohammed x we went parasailing, on the bannana boat and cusion and spent a 1/2 hour speed boating it was fab! Sam the man is the one to see the boat trip to Tiran island was the most amazing day out snorkelling diving and the boat was out of this world! He also does swimming with dolphins which we wished we had booked our friends loved it and it looks amazing! Quad biking with Luca is also a must! We also treated ourselves to a pedicure in the Spa!

I have to mention the doc Jeremy!! What an amazing man! You are in more than capable hands! I have some medical problems and he became a friend!! He will treat you with the highest of care and he always has a smile and laugh to boot!! Please anyone reading this if you get to meet him tell Christina and family say hi!!!!!

Overall: the hotel is spotless there is constantly cleaning going on!! Not one of the staff is ever idle! They are constantly repairing things. The pool area and pools are constantly being cleaned. The staff are so hard working but always have a smile and are happy to chat! You are greeted warmly wherever you go!! We loved the banter! There are too many to mention! We made so many friends!! From the cleaners to bar staff ECT ECT they always have a smile and a fab sense of humour.

Lastly but certainly not leastly a big thank you to mr Ahmed Hamada Gm the most friendliest approachable man who is always making sure everything is running smoothly and everyone is having a good time!!

We had an amazing holiday and made loads of friends!! Looking to book for October !! Love you all. Thank you for an amazing holiday!!!

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
3 Thank Tinabina8
Guest_RelationsTAP, Guest Relations Supervisor at Tirana Aqua Park Resort, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Christina

Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing to spend your holiday at Tirana Aqua park and for taking your time to write a glowing review on the hotel facilities, service and staff.

Your kind comments about the staff especially whom you highlighted in your review have been shared with the relevant departments to be used as examples of excellent customer service for all of the staff here at the hotel.

At Tirana Aqua park we believe that it is through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of all our guests that we are able to continually improve the services we provide and motivate all of the staff due to your high evaluation of our efforts.

We are all extremely pleased that our hotel was able to give you a memorable holiday and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in October

Joanne McCormack
Guest Relations Supervisor .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (703)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed here with my husband and 3 kids aged 15,12 & 3,when we arrived the hotel looked really good,someone came and took our luggage and checked us in which was great they then showed us to our room,which was a family room on ground floor over looking the main pool which was lovely..my husband went to go for a shower and the shower was not working properly as it was just trickling out so my husband went to reception to complain about this and said they would send someone to fix it which was fine,so when we went the next day to get a shower it still wasn't fixed so my husband complained again and they said again they would send someone to fix it which they never done,and there was 5 of us trying to have a shower in this it was awful and we had to put up with it for the 2 weeks we were there!!! Rooms were cleaned everyday and we tipped the cleaned as he done a great job..we went to the relax pool as it was nice there and not to busy,you do get a bit of hassle from the excursion reps but it was ok as we booked a couple with them(quad bikes,scuba diving & water sports) they were brill and would highly recommend!! Now for the food!!! OMG it was awful the only 2 good restaurants were the Italian & Chinese!! We had to eat out a few times and order a mc Donald's which we were not happy about as I payd for all inclusive so should not be paying to eat out!!! We always go to all inclusive hotels and they have been nothing like this!! The drinks u get in tiny little glasses or tiny plastic cups,this should not happen at all inclusive hotels!!when we were in the lobby bar one night a fight broke out infront of me my husband and my 3 year old son which was just awful,all because of the Russians pushing in they are so rude,I do not take my kids on holiday to see this..after that u were not aloud to que at the bar u had to take a seat and wait for the waiter to take your order which was terrible,you would be waiting 20/30/40 mins for someone to take your order then another 30 mins for them to bring it!! The beach was brill we met some really good friends when we were there and hired one of the beach huts which was awesome,the waiter would bring you big bottles of beer all day,diet coke and fanta for the kids and they brought us food at lunch time which was really good to,so would highly recommend this..the men also went snorkelling at the end of the pier which was fantastic..we also met Sam (the sandman) and Alex,Sam is just amazing my 3 year old just loved him 2 bits,we still keep in contact with him through fb..we tipped the barman at the main pool bar as he brought our drinks everyday all day,it's worth tipping him,we tipped him every second day just a couple of British pounds and you never had to go for a drink and if he saw me going he would come straight over and tell me to go back that he would go get the drinks and he new exactly what we wanted..we also tipped the lifeguard and when he saw us coming he would take our towels and get our beds ready for us to..there was a couple of them that would beg you for a tip but we did not tip them..we will tip anyone but if you beg for it then you want get it!! Most of the staff are really friendly and have a laugh with you but there are a few that could do with smiling now and again!! Would I return to this hotel properly not,but saying that if they changed the food,queuing system and size of classes then mabie just mabie we would return!!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
3 Thank JaneDrew
Guest_RelationsTAP, Guest Relation Officer at Tirana Aqua Park Resort, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review about Tirana Aqua Park Resort.

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the hotel facilities, food and service during their vacation.
We look forward to welcoming you back home at Tirana Aqua Park Resort Soon
With kind regards
Marjory Issatt Seif
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Well were do I start. We stayed at the Tirana from the 17th July for ten days and our party was 2 adults and four children. When we arrived at the hotel at 6pm all seemed pretty well on first impressions. We were greeted with cold flannels and a drink of juice whilst they checked us in. We were then shown to our family room. The room consisted of a double bed x2 rock hard sofa beds and a put up bed. This resulted in x2 of the children sharing a bed which wasn’t really a problem. There was however only x2 bottles of water in the room and only two towels. this was soon sorted. Our view was overlooking the road and what looked like a great hotel over the other side of the road. We was located right next to the service entrance. On closer inspection of the room we found the furniture to be dated, beds hard, Bathroom was large but cracked tiles and poorly grouted. Not a problem as we didn’t plan on spending much time in the room.

We then went to explore the hotel and grab some dinner. It quickly became apparent that the main restaurant was the most strange experience I have ever known. It became a military mission to organise the family to find a table, find some cutlery, find a waiter to clean the table, then spend 15 minutes walking all around the stations to see what they was serving. After deciding what everyone wanted then we had to join the respective queues at each station. No word of a lie it became a 30 minute ordeal to sort the children out alone and when they eventually sat down to eat it, the food was stone cold (due to it being only luke warm in the first place). Sorry forgot to mention the 10 minute queue to get drinks as well. The food itself was of a very low standard and was barely edible (rice, chicken on the bone or should I just say bone, pasta, paper thin pizza for the kids etc etc). Great I thought, at least it could only get better (It didn't).

We then went to the ampi theatre for the children’s mini disco. This is situated at the other side of the hotel. There is a makeshift bar there which only has soft drinks and vodka served in plastic cups which resemble thimbles. Not good I thought as I really fancied a cold beer after the long day travelling. After the mini disco we decided to go and chill out in the main lobby bar (the only bar in the evening to service over 2000 guests). Unfortunately it wasn't a chilled experience as we had to stand and wait for a table to sit at and then guess what - correct! queue again for 20 minutes to get a drink served in infant school glasses.

My impressions of this hotel were quickly deteriorating and I could sense tension everywhere.
It got worse very quickly. Tried to book the al a carte restaurants on our first morning to be told the Chinese was full. Breakfast was a nightmare again queuing for 20 mins for a raw omelette. No sunbeds by the pool as the lifeguards were saving them for other folk obviously for tips. Badly cracked tiles all over the place, exposed man hole covers and badly fitted covers on footpaths. Pool bars always running out of beer, no mats or rings for the slides due to the rude Russians hoarding them, dirty pools with excrement in them, constant harassment from local salesmen even with a red flag displayed, on the evenings they cleaned the poolsides with cups of water from the pool and dirty towels ripped in half and squeegeed the dirty water back into the pools. Most of the staff looked miserable and came across as though it was an effort to offer a service to you (unless of course they were receiving a healthy tip). The main lobby bar had an awful smell of sick all of the time.

Our first experience of the a la carte restaurants was the Lebanese - Absolutely disguisting!! 2 tiny pieces of chicken wing and a small piece of kebab style meat with rice and nuts. All stone cold after you finished queuing again. We all left very shortly after starting our meals (as did the table next to us). At this point we felt the need to voice our opinions to management as things were getting worse not better. We were promptly moved to the Chinese (after being told it was fully booked on day one). We were escorted there by the head chef shown a seat and witnessed him punch the door on the way into the kitchen and have a face to face argument with another chef in front of all the dining guests. The Chinese meal was slightly better but still I found tasteless as was the Indian. The best of the bunch was the Italian (if they can do it in there why not everywhere?)

That evening we again went up to the lobby bar to relax and prepared ourselves to queue for a drink but realised that it was now waiter service because of a fight the evening before due to a Russian jumping the queue. The waiting was horrendous. 40 minutes to have our order taken and a further 20 mins to receive it (again in infant school glasses) and it was completely wrong. I ordered beer and got coke. My 9 year old daughter ordered coke and got vodka coke (we didn't even order vodka). Again off to reception we went to complain to management.

By our third day we was all noticing that we was finding it difficult to keep hydrated in the 40 plus heat and we were all so hungry. I managed to speak to the General Manager (Mohammed) and suggested that they open the pool bar in the evenings to relieve the pressure in the main lobby bar. He took this as a good idea (Basic management to me) and that evening the pool bar was open. We went along to find 12 chairs had been put out which were obviously all taken so proceeded to find a sun lounger to sit on (in the dark without even a glimmer of background music to be heard). Mind you if there was any background music that would have been the highlight of the entertainment for the whole 10 days.

We eventually found sanctuary on the beach during the days. The service down there was slightly better and the food was slightly better (although we was served uncooked fish). The general atmosphere was more relaxing than the hotel.

I decided to treat the family to a spa treatment each due to the awful experience we were going through. I paid £90 for two hair braids, two manicures, a facial and a shave. OUCH!! my face was ripped apart literally, as was my partners during her so called facial, the nail varnish on my two little ones had come off the very next day and the same with the hair braids. They fell out after two days. We were all crammed in a tiny room to receive the treatment without even a glass of water to drink for nearly three hours.

We decided to make the most of our holiday down at the beach during the day and escape out in the evenings, spending a fortune in taxi’s (hotel is isolated), food and beverages something you don’t expect to do on all inclusive. A lot of people were paying to move hotel. I have honestly never heard so many people complaining. I feel like my hard earned cash has been wasted on this holiday due to this poor excuse of a hotel which to me is being run on a shoe string to fund a current development of a sister hotel. They are severely under staffed and very poorly managed and as a result the guests are suffering.
I must mention however Rena (animation on the beach) and Mahmood (lifeguard at beach) who where the best staff at the hotel who worked hard and soothed the pain.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS DREADFUL PLACE!!!!!!!!

By the way I do not believe for one minute that the good reviews on here can be from true guests. They are obviously from people who are employed or who have an avid interest in the place.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Chris W
Dear Reviewer,

At Tirana Aqua Park we believe that it is through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of all our guests that we are able to continually improve the services we provide and motivate all of the staff due to your high evaluation of our efforts.

We are sorry to learn that maybe your holiday did not meet with your expectation, however with our continued improvements we hope you will choose to return back to our hotel.

With kind regards

Marjory Issatt Seif
Chesterfield Derbyshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Got back home yesterday, Friday 02/08 from a 2 week stay at the Tirana. 2 adults & 2 kids 16 & 13 years.
Was worried before the holiday given the reviews on here and we can now see why the reviews vary so much.

Overall given what we paid, the holiday was ok, at the end of the day it is North Africa different cultures etc its not Spain / Europe.... thus peoples expectations are higher if having done 'AI' in Europe etc.
There are numerous 'niggles' which could improve the Tirana.

The second week appeared to be much busier than the first, with more Brits and Egyptians. Ramadan also ended during the second week & the Egyptian holidays.

Our main issues were the queues (for food & drink), the drinks (small measures) and the reserving of sunbeds during our stay.

The reserving of sunbeds/ loungers..........

Don't ever moan about the Germans because the British / British Egyptians are just as bad. Large Groups reserving in excess of 20+ beds from 6am and then hardly using them during the day, very frustrating when you only want 4!
Turning up at the pool at 8:30am to find all beds reserved, which then got worse the second week with these large groups reserving beds before 7am!
The larger groups giving 'tips' / special towels etc to the lifeguards/pool attendants to reserve the beds, this is ok when you're in a big group and can spread the cost of tipping around.

In the end we ended up doing the same as above against our principles and got up early 6:30 but we wanted 4 beds for the full day!

(Tipping was also apparent with the waiters at night....the Lobby bar and the terrace outside, the larger groups got served because they tipped larger and more frequent).

Room;
No major problems with the room 4107 ground floor, was adequate but was expecting a 'little more' given that we had paid and the '4* rating'.
We had booked a 2 bedroomed family room with pool view on our booking ref.
We got the road/ building site view, but it was close to the bus stop for the beach!
No issues with hot water or pressure during our stay. No drain smells either.
The final touches in the room spoilt it, it felt basic with dated / broken furniture, poor finishing to the tiling, broken towel rail etc
2 sofa beds for the kids, very hard,, was a expecting a separate bedroom with 2 proper beds.

The cleaner Ayman, started off ok.... towel art etc, so we tipped him after a couple of days.
We told him we would tip again at the end of the 14 day holiday.
The towel art then stopped or the design appeared with a drawn unhappy face or crying face!!!

He also started to knock at the door when he knew we were in, obviously after a further tip. This made us feel uncomfortable & hassled.

Aqua Park and Pools/ Pool Bar
Pools ok and did see them being cleaned on a regular basis, just be careful with the numerous broken tiles when walking around the complex bare foot or in flip flops.
Loads of trip hazards, loose tiles, steps etc

The Aqua park lacks enough rings and mats for the guests, this then becomes a problem when it gets busy along with the groups who attempt to keep hold of the mats/rings all day.

Good slides, although some are looking dated, some had handrails loose or broken at the top of the slides.
The steps become extremely hot to the bare foot and caution should be taken when going up because they have a rough loose finish.

Pool Bar, take your own large plastic beakers,........... one sip from the small plastic or paper cup and the drinks gone.
Again long queues at main pool bar with Russians / Egyptians constantly pushing in.
More staff required at the pool bar during the day to reduce the queues.

Beach;
No issues down there, much better for sunbeds, but still same issues/measures with the drinks.
Snorkelling fantastic off the pier.
Regular shuttle bus to and from the hotel, although beware of the Russians who refuse to queue and just walk to the front if there are a large number waiting.

Food;
We weren't impressed at first but eventually we had no major issues, it just became repetitive with what was on offer. Again this is North Africa, a different culture and they are trying to accommodate our expectations.
Salad, pasta, meats, vegetables and fish always available.

Some issues arose with the presentation and the 'hot' dishes being kept warm by 'tea lights', thus it didn't look appetising especially to the kids.
It was also dark on the terrace area in front of the main restaurant where they served it from at night until around 8:30pm.

We ate in all the "Al La Carte restaurants", the Italian being the best one.
The Italian & Chinese were from a menu ,while the Indian, Lebanese & English were buffet. Queues resulted at the buffet ones, with the food going cold quickly before you've even returned to the table!
Some Russians going straight to the desserts and piling their plates full.

Breakfast became repetitive after 2 weeks, but again there are choices, cereals, eggs/omelettes/fried or poached, fruit etc
We ate in the Italian at breakfast which was very busy with the Brits.

Bars;
At the start of our 1st week you had to queue at the only bar in the hotel for drinks (Lobby Bar). Served in a small glass, two sips and it was gone!

A nasty fight one evening at the bar between the Brits & Russians over the Russians pushing in and also knocking over kids in the process resulted.
The British reportedly being deported with the Russian being moved to another hotel??
After this incident it was waiter service only at the hotel at night.
However they did open two smaller bars on the wooden terrace.

It then became apparent at night with the waiters....in the Lobby bar and the terrace outside, that the larger groups got served quicker because they tipped larger amounts and more frequent, very frustrating.
This resulted in waiting some 30+ minutes for a drink.

No real entertainment at night for adults and given the hotels location, taxi's are required when leaving the hotel especially at night as La Strada & Soho Square are 10 mins away by car.

We missed being able to go out for walks in the evening.

The staff at the Tirana worked very hard and long hours for very little pay, its just small issues that spoilt it mainly around the food, drinks, queues, the room, and the hotel surroundings that stopped it being one we would recommend to friends.

If you can get the Tirana for a reasonable price in a quieter period then it may be well worth it but by European standards its a 3* at maximum hotel.

We ate out during our stay at the Queen Vic Soho Square, but only Fish & Chips available there but decent.

Also visited the Union Jack at La Strada, Opposite the Rixos hotel, this was excellent for food & drinks(pints!!)and good value for money.

Sharm El Sheikh Airport;
What an experience that was, just like a cattle market, very little or no information given out in the departure lounge, various flights going from the same gates resulting in people being confused and nearly getting on the wrong flights home.
A very small departure lounge and expensive for drinks & food.

Would we go back, probably not to the Tirana during this busy period, but yes to Sharm.

If we were to go back it may be worth paying the extra to a more well known reputable hotel/ brand.

Room Tip: Requested a pool view and not ground floor room, got none of these!! Choose a room away from the re...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Captain2480
Guest_RelationsTAP, Guest Relations Supervisor at Tirana Aqua Park Resort, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at Tirana Aqua Park Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve and maintain the highest possible standards.

Regarding the incident you mention involving guests at the lobby bar I would like to point out that this was an isolated incident and I am sure you will agree that the hotel will not tolerate or accept this behaviour. Tirana Aqua Park is a family orientated hotel and immediate action was taken and as per hotel policy and procedure ALL the guests involved in the disturbance were removed from the hotel premises, both Russian and British. The hotel will not accept such behaviour from guests of any nationality.

We apologise if you were not happy with the all inclusive drinks service. The all inclusive concept specifies that all beverages are served by the glass. All our indoor bars use glasses unless the drink is requested as take away in which case a plastic cup will be issued to minimize the risk of any glass breakages around pools and public areas for the safety of all our guests. All outdoor bars serve using either plastic cups or acrylic glasses.

In addition we have now also opened 2 further bars outside on the terrace area during the evenings which guests can queue and receive bar service. The lobby bar is now waiter service only. Now there are 3 bars available of an evening time we are sure that this will relieve the pressure and queues at the main lobby bar and also provide a more relaxing area for guests to spend their evenings.

I am sorry to read that overall you were not satisfied with the food. While you do not specify if this is the quality, quantity or variety I can confirm that our Executive Chef is currently in the process of rolling out new menus for the main restaurant dining experience. As I am sure you can appreciate it is a big challenge for our food & beverages team and kitchens to cater for such a wide variety of nationalities, cultures and personal taste. I would actively encourage any guest not satisfied with any aspect of the food to make direct contact with our guest relations team at the earliest available opportunity while still in the hotel. Guest relations will be able to act as a liaison between yourself and our food & beverages department to ensure a solution is found so we can cater for all our guests’ individual needs.

In order to try and combat such comments and to find a solution to these issues we have the Italian Restaurant open for breakfast and lunch with a separate and varied menu to the main restaurant for all British guests to use as part of your all inclusive package, our Executive Chef and F&B Manager is always readily available to meet with guests to discuss food options with unsatisfied guests and to come to an amicable solution for any problems whilst in resort. We also offer private cooking served in the main restaurant, extra al a carte bookings subject to availability. Im sure you can agree that if we are not made aware of any issues our guests have whilst in resort then we are not able to resolve them to a satisfactory conclusion.

I have forwarded your comments about the variety of the entertainment to our chief animator to look at ways we can provide a balance for all guests of the Hotel. They currently provide evening shows in the theatre 7 nights a week on a rolling program but are always open to guest suggestions and feedback.

I hope this goes some way towards answering the points you raised in your review and we would very much hope to welcome you back at Tirana Aqua Park Resort again on a future holiday.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Reading the reviews they seem either very positive or very negative. We found this hotel pretty much middle ground.

Good points.

The rooms were a good size, kids enjoyed the pools and slides, plenty of food albeit not the best quality (but it did it's job). Staff always seemed helpful and didn't seem to constantly expect or demand a tip like other hotels. The reef at the beach was lovely to snorkel from and loads of fish. We did some of the days out with Masters travel including the Mega safari (quad biking, camel riding and a meal in the desert and then onto a water park in the afternoon) and also the half day snorkeling from a yacht. Very small groups and both were excellent and staff were great making them awesome days out (topped off by a pod of about 20 dolphins playing next to the yacht!) I can't recommend these trips enough and great value for money.

Bad points.

Got to be said but mainly due to other guest at the hotel (and not just the Russians!). I'm an early riser but even then all of the sunbeds were "reserved" with peoples towels which had probably been placed out the night before. Embarrassingly this was mainly done by the other Brits so how we have the nerve to complain about Germans etc i don't know? There were enough to go around so why bother? ?? Another English woman was making a big fuss that it was "disgusting" that the Egyptian guests used the pool "fully clothed." This level of ignorance is pretty astounding in this day and age. It has been mentioned in other reviews but the lack of glasses and service at the bars was a bit of a nightmare. When you did get your drink it was in what would probably pass as a shot glass. There were hidden extra costs such as Wifi and the safe in the room etc. Stuff like this could and SHOULD be included in ALL INCLUSIVE as far as I'm concerned.

Really bad points.

Unfortunately the mention of the safe brings me onto the worst bit. Half way through the week i thought i noticed that £20 was missing from my wallet which had been left in the room. I wasn't 100% certain so didn't say anything. As we were packing up to leave on the last day one of the kids noticed that £20 was missing from her purse, which had certainly been there because her gran had given it to her before we left for the airport and she hadn't taken her purse out of her bag the entire holiday. I reported it and they checked the key card readings for the week. Only us and the house keeper had been in. Thinking back in hind sight to the first day I'd noticed that he had been through the kids bags because some of their clothes had been taken out and folded on their beds. Thought it a bit strange at the time but put it down to him being thorough. I knew there wasn't much they could do about it but it was a real shame because it put a downer on the last day of what was a nice holiday. Needless to say i didn't leave a tip!

On the whole it was a nice holiday. Would i go back to this hotel, probably not. Would i recommend it, Yeh i probably would.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Samsonjh
Dear Reviewer,

I sincerely apologize that you had items go missing from the room during your stay. This is an allegation that the hotel does take seriously and investigations are followed up. The hotel already has preventative measures in place. All staff members live off site and have to pass through the security gate at the end of every shift. At this point they have to be able to account for all items in their procession which is why when guests want to leave articles for their cleaner he will ask you to write him a letter detailing what you are giving him and sign it. Furthermore when guests rooms are being cleaned the door will always be kept open and our housekeeping supervisors make frequent rounds of corridors checking on our house keeping staff. In the case of alleged theft we also have our IT department come and take a reading of your electronic door lock which will show us who has entered the room and at what times so we can highlight any abnormal entries or repeated entries from the staff side. We would advise any guests allocated a ground floor room not to leave items unattended on their terrace as we cannot account for the honesty of people passing by outside.

In circumstances where a guest is still not fully satisfied with the above hotel actions we would refer you to your travel agent representative who can further advise you on external reporting measures i.e. police reports. Individual safety deposit boxes are provided free of charge in every room for guests to place their valuable items in. They are digital safe boxes that you set up with your own code. The only person in the hotel that has access to this safe box with a master key is our security manager for circumstances where a guest has locked themselves out or forgotten their code.

At Tirana Aqua park we believe that it is through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of all our valued guests that we are able to continually improve the services we provide. Your comments are always of the greatest importance to all staff and management and we appreciate your valuable feedback. I hope this goes some way towards answering the points you raised in your review and we would very much hope to welcome you back at Tirana Aqua Park Resort again on a future holiday to see the improvements which are continuously being implemented.

Kind regards
West Yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Well what can I say? We have just got back from a very enjoyable 2 week stay at tirana aqua park. I think one of the things to remember about this hotel is the price you have paid and that this is egypt not europe.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom family room which was massive! This was near the aqua park where we had no problems with the shower and the air con was lush. Our cleaner was brilliant.

The hotel itself is quite big although as it's all low storey it doesn't feel it. Everything has the "Egyptian finish" so there will be the odd broken tile, dodgy tap etc. we had no problems with any of the staff although I think it helps if you treat them with respect, it's a long difficult job they do and yeh some are miserable but the majority like a laugh. The lobby bar does need sorting out- at the beginning you had to queue at the bar then as there was some kind of fight they started waiter service only. I'm not sure the waiters were equipped for this though as some waited a long time to order. Personally we always got served.

So now it comes to the food. My honest opinion is that it is edible but could be a lot better. There was always fresh salad and bread at lunch and tea with a choice of chicken, beef, fish and pasta. The pieces of chicken were mostly tiny so it was a bit like Oliver in that you had to ask for more! Fresh omelettes or fried eggs at breakfast everyday which were nice. After two weeks though it was boring. As other reviewers have said, McDonald's deliver, during the 1st week I mocked those people sat there eating it, I don't eat it at home so why would I there? Week 2- I sat with a Big Mac meal and chocolate milkshake looking at the newbies mocking me ;)

The animation team were really friendly and tried their best. I liked that they arranged outings outside the resort too.

Something does need to change re. the glasses or plastic cups when they had ran out. Often they were either tiny or not washed properly. Awful!

All in all we did have a good family holiday but I would probably pay a bit more next time to stay at a better hotel.

Room Tip: The family room and the 2 bedroom family room are 2 seperate options. The 2 bedroom family room is a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Your recommendations regarding improvements have been passed to the hotel management team and, as always, are greatly appreciated. Our hotel is constantly looking for ways to implement new measures to ensure guest satisfaction. All feedback enables us to make continued improvements and is always of the utmost importance to the staff and management at the hotel.

At Tirana Aqua park we believe that it is through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of all our valued guests that we are able to continually improve the services we provide. Your comments are always of the greatest importance to all staff and management and we appreciate your valuable feedback and hope to welcome you back to Tirana Aqua Park Resort in the future.

Teeside
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Enjoyed our stay good room view over main pool and backed onto the quite relax pool food was alright your were able to make a meal every night drinks , there wasn't enought time in the day to get drunk believe me I tried to long between service and got frowned upon when I ordered 4 for myself as I takes so long to get a drink . Water park is great for kids Russians do your head in but stand up to them and they are bearable beach is amazing
Over all a good fortnight away they try their hardest

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Guest_RelationsTAP, Guest Relations Supervisor at Tirana Aqua Park Resort, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Reviewer

All of your kind comments have been shared with the management team and staff and everybody here is delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your holiday experience with us. It is through listening to guest comments and suggestions that we are able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive to maintain

We appreciate your valuable comments and hope to welcome you back to Tirana Aqua Park Resort in the future