“lovely holiday, great value for money”

Tirana Aqua Park Resort
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Oldbury, United Kingdom
“lovely holiday, great value for money”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived at Tirana and welcomed by very friendly staff.
Very clean, food was good nothing like the reviews that are on here. We are fussy eaters and never went hungry there was a good choice of food. Read reviews on here saying food terrible etc I disagree If you want traditional English food then stay at home !!
Staff very friendly and can't do enough for you.
Rooms spacious and cleaned every day.
Water slides and pools very nice.
We stayed for 10 days and really enjoyed ourselves. Good location 8 mins from the airport and safe to go out to nearby shops. The Strada and Soho Square well worth a visit. Holidays are what you make of it yourselves too and if all people do is moan about this hotel then get a life !!
Would we go back again......Yes !!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank lisa r
Guest_RelationsTAP, Guest Relations Supervisor at Tirana Aqua Park Resort, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review about Tirana Aqua Park Resort.
All of your kind comments have been shared with the management team and staff and everybody here is delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your holiday experience with us. It is through listening to guest comments and suggestions that we are able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive to maintain

We are very pleased to know that overall your holiday with us was a memorable one and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind Regards
Joanne McCormack
Guest Relations Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (703)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed in the hotel from the 20th for 11 nights, on arrival looked nice was taken to room no bed for my son, curtains hanging off the rails black mould on walls in bathroom light switches hanging away from wall scum all over the taps toilet paper in corner of the room under the sink, safe not working, just disgusting, went to reception refused to move us the receptionist HANY was aggressive and very intimidating we told him we would speak to our rep the next morning as we were very tired. The next day we were moved but nastily told the room was no better it was a little better but still had issues but as we had already lost the first day and night of our holiday decided to make the most of it. Although the room still not the speck it was advertised we found the air conditioning leaked through the electric light switch and were afraid to use it we did mention it but nothing happened. We plodded on with the holiday even though the food was awful drinks were a joke until the last morning, when we had a note posted to us asking to see us urgently we hurried to reception to be told we had to pay £300 for the bed for our son we showed the paper work and emails proving that it was already part of the package to be then told that very aggressively and frighteningly no it was because he was 16 and we hadn't paid for him we showed all details and asked our rep Ossy for help who told us to pay the money and claim it back when we returned to England, I told him we had already paid for him and showed him the paper work he shrugged and walked away after telling us to ring England because the hotel was refusing to let us leave the hotel and the armed guard was watching the whole time it was terrifying,15 phone calls later which by the way is going to cost a fortune I had to then ring my sister to ring our travel agent for help we informed reception who said they were on the phone to them and would be 5 minutes 3 hours later my husband had to ask again if the issue was settled to be told yes all sorted but no apology. I have traveled to a lot of places around the world but never have I been more afraid I couldn't wait to come home I would never return to a hotel that treats people the way they did we never complained about how our room was not cleaned bins not emptied because we didn't see the point, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone we were willing to overlook the food poor service and cleanliness but the threats no and OSSY the rep WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother you don't get what you've paid for anyway
10 Thank Teresa S
Guest_RelationsTAP, Guest Relation Officer at Tirana Aqua Park Resort, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
Dear Reviewer,

At Tirana Aqua Park we believe that it is through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of all our guests that we are able to continually improve the services we provide and motivate all of the staff due to your high evaluation of our efforts.

We are sorry to learn that maybe your holiday did not meet with your expectation, however with our continued improvements we hope you will choose to return back to our hotel.

Dublin
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Getting what you paid for was a constant thought in my head through out this holiday! I travelled with my 3 children 10,11 and 13 and husband. Yes our room was lovely and we personally had no issues with showers or airconditioning. First impressions of the hotel and pools are great - I personally did not tip any of the pool bar staff which makes sense to me why they were so rude to me and so nice to others! I did feel their pain working all day every day in the heat in full length trousers and found their scowls almost amusing I am not a big drinker and was not constantly q'ing or asking for drinks but at times I used to have dread getting one with the palava it entailed and the bar staff making feel bad asking for one!

Food - Day 5 and I was in bed all day with a bad tummy - I could not pin point what is was that made me sick so looked at all food with great suspicion and therefore stuck to chips, bread and cheese for 3 days and did not really touch meat for the rest of the holiday and was not right for two weeks. My Husband also sucumbed and spent a 2 days in bed. The Russians manage to recreate a mini buffet on their own tables every breakfast,lunch and dinner and the amount of food they waste is unreal. They need a manual of their own of what buffet means - the hotel having a round buffet means they just pop in the line where ever they want much to the disgust of everyone else non russian. I did see staff arguing with them about slide floats and the fact that they hogged them all day - I dont know how much they cost but Im sure the hotel could invest in a few more? The Russians can be very rude and agressive and it seems to set the tone for the hotel and staff as the staff in turn can by surly.

Animators? There is a real lack of cohesive information in the hotel about what goes on 'in the hotel' I had to ask reception a lot of questions that could have easily been supplied in an information pack. The only time I saw the animators was dancing by the side of the pool or trying to sell me a ticket to a foam party. That was the extent of that. I only saw on here that the hotel organise a trick to Soho on a Tuesday? Really?

Beach - great free wifi and I personally found it lovely and relaxing and the snorkelling off the end a great treat.

Hotel building -they need a team of fixers to go around everyday and fix all the broken tiles and sweep up the cigarette butts and wash the steps leading away from the pool. The hotel needs a good clean -the lobby bar smells of sick because the beer and wine that is sloshed behind needs to be washed with bleach to get rid of the smell - the area is too warm with the doors leading out of the terrace - so the sick smell is actually the smell of stale beer.

If I were the hotel I would scale back some of what they offer ie. the kids cocktails - there is too much of a q and too little resources to provide these fiddly drinks - if you are going to do something do it right is my motto - if they kept things simple things would be better.

There are some really lovely helpful staff in this hotel - the reception staff - the man who who is in the business centre and the lovely man who printed some things off for me and of course the lovely man who cleaned our room.

So other than my touch of dodgy tummy I feel I did get what I paid for - would I stay at Tirana Aqua again no but I loved Sharm El Sheikh and plan to spend more money next time.

6 Thank karen p
Dear Reviewer,

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the hotel facilities, food and service during their vacation.
We look forward to welcoming you back home at Tirana Aqua Park Resort Soon
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 1 week from 19th July with my partner and her 15 year old son and if I'm honest that was enough, Due to the hotel I was ready to come home after a few days which has never been the case on any other holiday I've had.

Hit and miss, buffet restaurant like a school canteen and the a la carte not really worthy of the title. After other guests complained of the food quality in the buffet restaurant the Italian a la carte restaurant was opened for breakfast and dinner for British guests, all though this was an improvement the restaurant was not setup to cater as a buffet and some health and safety concerns arose with the layout of the area ( management seem to be ablivious of the dangers )

Rooms
After our pool view room (1301 ) flooded on the first night due to a fault with the toliet and the night manager reluctantly changed our room to a main road building site view room (1303) this was'nt the start to our holiday we expected!!
The rooms are sufficient although toilet paper is a luxury as there was never more than 1 roll in the room!!
Room cleaned daily but never spotless.

Pools
Pools great for all the family although there are a lot of floor tiles damaged and loose which would be a worry for families with young kids. The pool bars are understaffed and service was slow and sometimes my partner would be ignored by certain staff. Some issues with getting sunbeds as they seemed to be saved with towels early- we were told if you give the towel boys a tip they will save the beds for you!!

Drinks
Only get 0.6l of bottled water per person per day in the room fridge, if you want anymore it is served in a glass!! which you have to queue for or wait for a waitor, sometimes this could be 20 minutes. With temperatures as high as they are in Egypt this is a worry for families with small kids.
You will struggle to get tipsy at this hotel as the service is poorly understaffed.

Overall
Not impressed with the hotel for the money paid and the feeling was that the majority of the staff would only give good service if tipped. I dont mind tipping for good sevice but dont expect to have to tip to not get poor service.
Would not return to this hotel again but will not to be put off from Sharm El Sheik.

Room Tip: Choose pool view unless you want to overlook a building site and busy noisy road!!
4 Thank swandvd

Huntingdon
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is awful, please believe me when I say that you have to avoid this hotel at all costs! The food is disgusting, the hotel is in a total state of disrepair, the management are rude and the staff demand tips. Please do not stay here, you will regret it if you do. The rooms are 2 star at best, the pools are dirty and unkempt and the bar service is slow (beyond belief) and the Russians ruin the total ambiance of the hotel.
Please trust me, avoid at ALL costs, this hotel is disgusting!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Sophia S

Brixham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I can honestly say our family has had the best holiday ever. My advise is to anyone going keep away from the moaning English and you will enjoy even more. We enjoyed all the food and although yes the service could be a little slow at times the Egyptions were extremely hospitable. Yes if you look hard enough you will always find fault but the slides are fab the animation team keep you well entertained and to be honest we couldn't have asked for more. I thought for the money it was an exceptional deal and I would defiantly come back again. Thank You staff at Tiriana x

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank LeighAnneplester2008
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at Tirana Aqua Park Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve and maintain the highest possible standards.

All feedback enables us to make continued improvements and is always of the utmost importance to the staff and management at the hotel. It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the hotel facilities, food and service during their stay with us.

At Tirana Aqua park we believe that it is through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of all our valued guests that we are able to continually improve the services we provide. Your comments are always of the greatest importance to all staff and management and we appreciate your valuable feedback and hope to welcome you back to Tirana Aqua Park Resort in the future.

Kind regards
Joanne McCormack
Guest Relations Supervisor
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 14 nights in late July. There 11 people in our group and all of us at some point were ill! After 4 days we all stopped eating at the restaurants And traveled to nabq to eat, St Georges bar union jack bar good. All reviews saying the lobby bar smells of sick are true And the chances of getting a drink is zero unless your prepared to tip at least 100le every 3 days and that is at each bar! Because the food is so bad expect to pay £20 per day in taxis as this hotel is nowhere near anything 3 miles from any restaurant.. The rooms are ok with air conditioning at your control they are cleaned everyday and showers always hot. The pools are ok for a hotel with so many guests the children in our group loved the slides. Now for the beachfront OMG it really is a building site "Honestly" there is a free bus that takes you across road because it's to dangerous to walk trough. To sum up go to sharm but stay in nabq or namma bay as we had a great time. Shame the hotel was so bad

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank lee b

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#92 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
#2 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa
Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa
#11 of 31 in Nabq Bay

Been to Tirana Aqua Park Resort? Share your experiences!