“Exceeded expectations”

Aurora Oriental Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just returned home from a lovely jubbly stay at the oriental resort, staff were exceptional especially Mohammad Alsayed and Islam always had our table prepared with drinks. Our room was one of the new "sea view room" which was very clean (thanks to the brilliant cleaners) and spacious however no actual sea view. We was very satisfied that a safe and air conditioning was provided in the room which was a fantastic addition . Although animation didn't appeal to us personally I could see the relationships the staff had made with other guests which was fantastic to see especially baboo who was very bubbly and super friendly. The only faults were the food and drink during our stay improvements could be made. The meat was very cheap and for a 5 star hotel expected a little more. The drink was also cheap and they only ever gave small cups which you can only ever get one sip before needing a refill. I will say that we had low expectations for the Italian restaurant however was surprised by the fabulous quality and would highly recommend eating in there. Finally big shout out to Kanye West a tour rep, fantastic guy always happy and reassuring provided us with the opportunity to do some reasonably priced trips which we would highly recommend especially swimming with dolphins. Overall we had a fantastic holiday hotel is in a great location, very clean, Staff were brilliant would highly recommend if your not fussy about food. Many thanks

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josh P
Sanaa W, Manager at Aurora Oriental Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank u so much for having time to post your feedback at Trip Advisor. Yes the staff are credit to the hotel with their friendliness and service as we always receive through our guests comments.
We hope to see u again in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,121)

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Second time at this hotel in as many months !!! As I write this my son and his girlfriend are there. Faultless . Only disappointment was that I asked for a room with terrace by the quiet pool and I got the top floor with balcony not overlooking the pool. The room I was given was beautiful but would have preferred the terrace room . Going again in September so maybe I will get my terrace room next time . Perfect location everything on your doorstep . Can't wait to return . Shokr and Mohammed looked after me in my room fantastic service and Mahmoud looked after me in the restaurant again fantastic service . Thank you guys and see you soon xx

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank lozzie787
Sanaa W, Manager at Aurora Oriental Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your positive comment at Trip Advisor promising that you will get your favorite room by next visit.
Looking forward to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was my 2nd visit to Egypt and this hotel. As soon as I returned from last years visit, I booked straight away for this years visit. The staff are excellent and cannot do enough for you. The hotel itself is lovely and extremely clean. There are plenty of places to visit or if you choose to stay in your hotel the pool areas, gardens and beach are all excellent with very friendly staff. This hotel is so friendly that I have already looked at booking 2 holidays there next year!! Although the rooms we have previously stayed in were promo rooms, they lacked nothing. However for a few pounds extra, I will define tell be booking the superior/deluxe room next time as they are really nice. Excellent hotel, staff, service and location. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review as it is very important for other people.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just spent 2 weeks at the Oriental Resort Sharm El Sheik and it was brilliant.we stayed in room 4331 and it was spotlessly clean.Never met such friendly staff anywhere they had smiles on their faces all the time Zac and Mohammad in the restaurant looked after us all the time the entertainment team first class especially Medo and Baboo laughed all the time all bar staff friendly and a big thank you to the guest manager who sorted a problem we had promptly and without any fuss.yes part of the hotel needs modernising in places but that never spoilt our holiday had a boat trip with diving center the boat and staff brill also hired a speed boat from Kanye West to Tiran Island and the snorkeling was brill the seas round the island all different colours well worth the money

Room Tip: Rooms starting with 4 in new block
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank ann h

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Management of Oriental Resort, I would like to thank you so much for your review.
I hope by your next visit, you will find more improvement concerning modernization.
Thank you again for your posting.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I will try and keep my review to the point.
Our holiday started 15th June arrived Sunday night 11pm from Gatwick (for two weeks)
Hotel reception tried to give us wrong room didn't read superior room on booking form.
Then we were told no food available anywhere after a 5 hour flight from UK. Bar shut at 12pm so just water in room or go and pay for food outside hotel which reception suggest Burger King.
Finally communicated with reception we had a superior sea view room. We got to our room no bed made up for three people so our 5 year old son had not sheets etc. Called reception about this around an hour later we finally had bed made, this was our first impression of this hotel!
First morning went to food hall and this was the beginning of a nightmare had fight tussle with Russian over a chair we moved one to our table to make three then a woman came into food hall 10 mins later wanted this chair even through others were available my wife came back with my son just in time! Cued for pancakes with my son oh Russian pushed in and took all pancakes, the staff never say nothing and got the pancakes it was like this for the first week of our holiday visitor's form Jordon, Russia, Poland all lacked manners, not all guests just some.
Then day 3 we lost water supply to room at 5pm shower time! Then sand came through tap and no towels had been left in room this happened twice in the first week.
I had bad stomach in first week and my wife had the same second week in fact all people we spoke to had issues wont go into detail.
The towel issue happened 3 times someone cleaned room and took towels, then we never had any towels left, sometimes they got delivered at 7pm? I called reception 3 times one night with no response until speaking with manager.
The a la carte was a joke Italian Lasagne had to go back tasted like the Red Sea and runny on first week 2nd week order ham & beef pizza then got a vegetarian pizza as they had no meat same as first week!!
We also got served Red wine with ice cubes on our first visit to the Italian!!
In fact the food was not great anywhere in this hotel sometimes cold at the beach bar or not cooked that great in the food hall and again some guests picking up food and putting it back.
The main pool was not good, concrete steps which my son cut his feet and tiles coming up on the bottom of the pool.
It`s not what I call a 5 star at all parts of the hotel look very run down and in need of updating.
Good points:
Sun loungers always available and parasols, 3 pools plus beach gave you a good choice, quiet or noisy pool.
Towel service at all pools and beach.
And staff were very nice overall, some like a lot of hotels wanted one thing, tips. I guess that's the way the world works.
Kanye West at Time Tours has a great personality and sorts out a tour for anyone, families or couples alike great sense of humour and wants to ensure you are happy with your tour. He let us borrow snorkels for free and really did provide customer service. Go see him.
Lastly its the first hotel I have been to that you can snorkel just off the beach and see some beautiful fish without travelling. The fourth Jetty to the right (longest Jetty) has some great fish.
Overall room was good staff also good but let down by the issues above.
I don't normally complain too much but this hotel really pushed my to my limits at times with the no water and towels issue and generally the way the food hall was run, it was so busy on the first week we had no wine in tiny glasses no spoons plates etc. On our second week the hotel quietened down and service improved in the food hall.

Room Tip: Get a superior room but Sea View is not really a sea view about a mile away!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank 808chill82
Reviewed 5 July 2014

we have just come back from 10 nights at this resort. we was there from 21st june until 1st july. my friend had recommended this hotel, the last time we stayed at the coral sea, this hotel is much better than the coral sea.
we stayed in room 358 although it was basic it was good enough. i had a look at the suite and if i returned i would definitely upgrade.
my only issue was that when we arrived on the saturday night at 10.30pm there was no food available and the guy that was on reception was not very helpful, i would therefore suggest to the managers if they know people are coming in late it would be nice for them to arrange a plate of sandwiches.
overall the hotel staff are very good, the waiters and restaurant staff are very good, especially alaa in the lobby bar and jimmy (mohammed) in the restaurant. the entertainment team were very nice too. The receptionist's though need a lesson in good manners they could be quite rude. my partner went to report the fridge not working and the guy knew he was there but decided to ignore him and speak to someone else who arrived after my partner in his own language, rude !!!
i know that the managers are trying to improve this hotel and from what previous visitors are saying they are doing a good job.i think there next job should be to redo the paths down to the beach, the bricks are broken.
i would definitely return to this hotel there was always plenty of food, we ate dinner at the beach bar most days. There are 3 pools, we went to the quiet pool most days until we found the pool at the front of the hotel, the hidden gem, lovely pool but very hot around there whereas at the other 2 pools and the beach there was a breeze.
This was our 4th visit to Egypt and im already on the internet looking to book next year, so it cant be that bad.
p.s the Italian restaurant is lovely, the food is divine and the service is good.

Room Tip: if you can upgrade to one of the superior room or suite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marti1969

Dear Guest,

The Management of Oriental Resort appreciates your posting at Trip Advisor and we already put system for late arrival in order to have their dinner. Please accept my apology for the rudeness of receptionist ensuring that this attitude is not acceptable at all in our premises as our slogan is " Come as a guest, leave as a friend".

Thank you again and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This was our first holiday to Egypt, so really did not know what to expect. When arriving at the hotel it was quite late and the entrance of the hotel was amazing. When we got to our room it was the biggest room we had every stayed in, it had two double beds, ok we had a few problems with the shower but it was sorted within 15 minutes of reporting it to the reception. There are three pools, and a lovely walk through the gardens to get to the beach, which was always very clean, each pool and the beach have there own bar,The cleaner was amazing, everyday our room was spotless . You would see the cleaning staff really busy and everywhere was spotless. All the staff were so friendly, and made you feel welcome. The food was good, my partner is such a fussy eater, and there was something he liked every day. Which was good for me as I did not get any moans. I understand the food might not be what some peole expext, but they are catering for such a large quantity of people and so many didderent nationataties, I think they do a fantastic job. Some people always have to moan about something. All the staff are amazing and friendly, especially the two at the pool bar, everyone goes out there way to make you feel welcome. Cant wait to return, we have been to many destinations including long haul, and this is one of the best holidays. Thank you for making our holiday so enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mitzy46

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Management & Staff , I would like to thank you so much for your positive feedback and wish to see you again in your second home " Oriental Resort".

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
#51 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Aurora Oriental Resort Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!