We have recently returned from the Royal Grand Azure after an eleven night stay and I can safely say that we received the best service ever. All the staff were great and always gave fantastic service with a smile. We did tip but not until the end of the first week so it was not all about the money. Mohamed the man who cleaned our room was always on hand to sort out any small problems we may have had and the room was spotless.
We requested a quiet room and were given a great room with a sea view In block 16 and if you like us prefer a bit of peace and quiet then ask for a room with a high number as the blocks are numbered from one to twenty starting from the hotel and working down towards the sea. Our room and bathroom were both large and airy and we had a good size balcony.
There are seven pools so you can always find a sunbed and each pool is different. The largest and most popular pool for entertainment and activities is the Royal pool and the most laid back was the Oasis pool and whichever you choose the pool boys are there to help set up your sunbed and find you some shade.
The specialist restaurants are good and the best of all is the Royal Dragon Chinese for the food and the Tamr Henna Egyptian for the fantastic service but the Italian and Indian are also good. We had no trouble booking any of these although the hotel was busy. You can book up to four days in advance and if you are a bit flexible you will have no trouble getting into your choice of restaurant. The bread in all the restaurants is good and varied and I believe it is baked on site and the chocolate ice cream is to die for
On the down side we were not impressed with the evening entertainment which from 8.30 – 9.30 every evening was exactly the same songs and games for children followed from 9.30-10.30 with singers or dancers who were a bit mundane. Our only other issue was the size of the beer glasses at the lagoon Pool Bar. They were fine in the Royal Bar and in the Grand Lounge but tiny at the pool bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay