“Fantastic place!”

Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Having booked this holiday last minute I was very sceptical as to what exactly would be offered here & what value for money, service and standards etc, but I have to say I was left kind of speechless with what we experienced here.
From the moment we stepped foot into the hotel first impressions really do impact, your immediately seated by the staff in reception & given cold drinks, your bags are taken off the coach by hotel staff & placed on a golf buggy which is waiting to take you to your room once you have checked in.
The staff don't expect or actually sometimes dont even accept a tip either, something very refreshing to see in such a swanky hotel.
The rooms are amazingly clean with fresh decor, nice spacious rooms with house keeping staff more than helpful who will always go out of their way to help & assist you, they always have a can do attitude & nothing is too much trouble.

The restaurants are excellent & the staff there are very pleasant and helpful too always ready to help & assist.
The beach is peaceful, clean and enjoyable with the beach bars and snack bars being to a very high standard too.

Having been to Egypt before stopping in Cairo, Luxor & Hurghada all 5 star hotels none of them reached this places standards I have to say.

This is very similar but actually better than hotels I've visited in Dubai where standards of hotels etc are generally high.

Having met Kelly during the stay who was more than helpful and assisted in absolutely anything you would ask of her which was really nice I have to say.

Having met Hassan the food & beverage manager (the coolest looking dude) I've met in Egypt I have to say was a man who made things happen, one phone call & whatever you asked was 'done' refreshing to see especially as usually your given false promises and nothing is ever done, this place is amazing.

If you are looking to book a luxurious holiday with no worries & stress this place is highly recommended I will definitely be staying here again absolutely no doubt about it, in fact having experienced this place it's raised my expectations to an even higher level now.

Thank you Kelly, Hassan & the staff at Rixos for a fantastic stay here wish it was for longer though!.

• Stayed: January 2013
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear 2006shak

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of your stay here with us.

We are so pleased we met your expectations especially when you compare us with Dubai and other countries.

We look forwrd to welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Rixos Sharm El Sheikh

Reviewed 29 January 2013

We moved to the Rixos after a bad experience in another hotel, what a difference, everthing about it was 5star, rooms were very spacious beautiful bathrooms gorgeous fluffy towels, the beach towels were the best we have ever had anywhere.All the staff were so friendly & couldnt do enough, we had such a warm welcome from Bella in costomer relations.The food was very good for all inclusive, & there is one restaurant which is adult only.Well done everybody there we had a lovely holiday & wall to wall sunshine!!We will be returning next year, cant wait!!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet holiday choose one away from the entertainment pool, but that is the only that i...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lucy49_11
RixosSSH, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Dear lucy49_11

We are so pleased you decided to move to our resort for the remainder of your vacation and we are extremely happy that you had an enjoyable stay.

We hope you choose our resort for your next vacation and have the holiday experience you were expecting from the beginning, it was unfortunate you had a bad experience in another resort however we have hopefully gained another happy and loyal guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Sorry for the delay in writing this. I stayed here in July 2011 with my husband and 11 year old son, back when it was still RGA. I have always had my reservations about Egypy, particularly in relation to the food but I needent have worried at this hotel. We stayed in a different hotel for 5 nights before coming here for a week which was a much lower standard. The RGA/ Rixos is a gem.

Check in was quick enough, with a cool welcome drink served while we waited. We were upgraded to the Deluxe room which had a king bed plus sofa bed, the room was spotless, comfortable and modern – the bathroom was huge with one of the best showers I’ve experienced. No complaints with the room standard, the Air Con was a bit on the loud side but very effective in the searing heat. The hotel itself was very quiet when we were here. We loved this, never any trouble getting seats whereve we wanted them.

The patio outside our room led out to the ‘royal’ pool where the animation team activities were based and we split out time between here and the slightly more sedate lagoon pool. Both pools have fantastic swim up bars with great staff. They served local alcohol, cocktails, soft drinks and hot drinks. Snacks (hot sandwiches and fries) are available at the lagoon pool bar (not to be eaten in the water). I didn’t particularly enjoy the snacks – the chicken was very fatty with lumps of rubbery skin. Also, the chef had a huge basket of French fries that he cooked at once, then every time someone ordered more he would refry the whole batch. If you were unlucky enough to have the end of the batch, they could have been dunked in the hot oil ten times plus. I hope Rixos have sorted this out as this could be a great place for a quick lunch. Nevertheless, the standard of hygiene was good aside from this and all the other food was good.
I never had breakfast the whole stay but my family did once and reported that it was great. We ate in the buffet for lunch every day and the standard was again very high. There was something for everyone but I did find that I was a little bored by the end of the 7 days, I was on my own though as the husband and child were never bored (I am fussy). The highlight of lunch was the ice cream counter where the chef made fresh waffle cones to hold the delicious ice cream...amazing ice cream!
For dinner we ate in the buffet a couple of times and it was very similar to lunch – easily the best all inclusive food I have ever eaten. However if like me you stick to the same food day in day out, you will inevitably get bored. We went to TGI Fridays, Soho Square and the Hard Rock in Namma for a bit of variety but you would be happy eating here for all meals. We ate in the Indian and the Chinese towards the end of our holiday and they were very good, I highly recommend doing the a la cartes.
The cocktails (alcoholic and non alcoholic) were nice and there was a good selection, but, typically for AI, made with carton fruit juice so they do get a bit much after a few. Still they were nice and refreshing in the heat and my son never tired of the ‘floridas’. We spent most nights in the old lobby where our server brought us the most amazing freshly made mojitos ever. These were faultless and I enjoyed several most nights! The local alcohol was decent and the wine was OK, perfectly drinkable but I don’t think Egiptian wine will win too many awards. I loved the coffee served at the swim up bars and the local beer was delicious. The servers on the whole were fantastic, some of them were excellent and they cracked genuinely funny joles with us and our son. A big shout out to Mohammed and Sammy who were lovely and very attentive. We tipped a lot but I know people who didn’t at all and still got the same level of service – these guys work very hard, please factor tips into the cost of your holiday to show your appreciation.

The beach area was very clean and tidy, we didnt spend time here but we walked down the jetty on our last day and and saw some amazing fish there. I’m too chicken to get in with them but there were plenty of swimmers enjoying the beautiful fish. The entertainment team had a beach party with a fire show when we were there which was a fun night for the three of us for not much expense. On the whole we really enjoyed the entertainment which seemed geared towards the English guests and was a refreshing change from the usual AI rubbish. The animation team did a comedy song that was hilarious and had the whole hotel in stitches. The Whirling Dirvish was also excellent. I hope the standard has been maintained

The stars of the hotel are the pools – totally amazing and very clean. I am a pool person and to have these two gems with all different sections and depths was fantastic variety. There are busy areas (royal pool) and secluded sections where you could relax and chill out. I loved the caves and the Jacuzzi pool but my favourite was the lagoon pool.

All in all we had a fantastic time at this hotel, we have never returned to the same place before but, while this place remains in our budget and maintains this standard, we will aim to come here at least once a year. I am now counting down the days until we return in May to see the changes that are bound to have made a great hotel even better. If you are considering this hotel, book it and look no further. Im happy to answer any questions you might have!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank LondonFlorita

Dear LondonFlorita

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests regardless of when they stayed here with us so thank you.

We have made several improvements to the resort since 2011 including a new adults only buffet, seafood a la carte, beach cabanas, fitness centre etc.

The all inclusive concept has improved but you will see all of this when you return in May and i look forward to your feedback during your next stay.

See you in May

Reviewed 29 January 2013

As expected, we have stayed in the Rixos Premium in Bodrum, so know the set up of these hotels.
As this was a new addition to the chain in October, they have done a great job in bringing the Rixos brand to Sharm.
We stayed in a basic room and it was great everything you could need, mini bar topped up everyday and very clean and comfortable, all rooms either have a sea or pool view.
Food quality and choice great in buffet restaurants, al a cart restaurants also included in cost, but seem to lack numbers in waiting staff so be prepared to wait. Egyptian and Indian best of the al a cart restaurants.
Two large buffet restaurants, the kid free one under the main reception is the best one.
Lovely pools, so many to choose from, great beach areas, good snorkelling from end of pier (take your own mask and snorkel)
Great time had by all, emailed the hotel for airport transfer 20$ so very good private car.
Speak to Sam on the taxi desk for any other transport needs.
Take some Egyptian pounds, but they all love $ and £.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steve H

Dear Steve H

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.

We are extremely pleased you had such an enjoyable stay and that you were impressed with the Sharm el Sheikh Resort especially when comparing us to our sister hotel in Bodrum as this is also a fantastic hotel.

We are still making some changes in order to complete the hotel to reach the standard of our other Rixos Hotels but as you also commented we have only opened as Rixos in October so step by step we will meet our target. Overall the feedback we have received has been fantastic and we appreciate the support and feedback from all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

This is definitely the most exciting place i've been. It's just like a palace where you can rent a room. The rooms are perfect and silent. All employees are very polite and smiles all the time. I was very glad to see how they interact with my toddler daughter :). Food in the main restaurant is very diverse and every dish we've eaten was very good. We've also been in Italian and Indian a-la-court restaurants and we appreciated the dishes too. The only thing was missing - is a good tea and coffee. My wife likes cappuccino, but we haven't found it here, even in that Italian place. The beach is very clean and good for kids. Cause of coral reef, my daughter could play in the warm sea water as long as they want to. The coral itself is just like in Cousteau films, so many of those colorful fishes around of you. If i will visit Sharm next time, i think i will stay here again. :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ivan F

Dear Ivan F

We are pleased you had such an enjoyable stay.

We serve cappachimo in all our bars we have a machine in each bar serving hot chocolate, latte, cappuccino etc. Also in the Italian we have a coffee machine serving espresso etc. It was maybe unfortunate that you did not enquire however you know for your next visit.

Please let us know when you will return and we look forward to welcoming you back and we will be sure to meet you on arrival with a cappuccino.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

It was my 4th time in Egipt and this was the best hotel so far. The rooms and bathrooms are quite spacious. The rooms are nicely decorated, we had one with a view to the pool. We enjoyed the atmosphere & the landscape and the food was pretty good, actually exceeding my expectations. What i also liked is the cleanliness of the rooms,

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
RGASharm, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear bluesky0312

We are so pleased we exceeded your expectations and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Just returned from our first holiday to Rixos Sharm as seasoned travellers to Egypt and having spent many hours researching the hotel prior to booking we went with very high expectations from the moment we arrived our expectations started to be exceeded upon entering the massive lobby area with the largest hanging crystal candelabra I have ever seen in my life as it’s centre piece we were met with a welcome drink and cold towels by Kelly Walmsley guest relations manager for Rixos.
As our bags were taken to our rooms Kelly kindly spent the time to orientate us around the hotel this was a fantastic gesture as the hotel is so large it saved us so much time finding our way around.
We were very lucky to be allocated a first floor junior suite in block 19 overlooking one of the many pools and the sea never have we stayed in such a large luxurious room in any hotel within Egypt is was no surprise when I found out during our stay the hotel has recently been included in the top 25 luxury class hotels by tripadvisor, the room had the largest bathroom I have ever seen a large walk in wardrobe,full daily refill to mini bar, large flat screen TV viewable from both the massive bed or the lounge area complete with three piece suite and a double balcony.

The only down side to our holiday is that we had not booked long enough to enjoy all of the hotels restaurants of which there are many from al a cart’s to buffet dining rooms and snack bars just about everywhere you turn there is a dinning option which will cater for every tast, The hotel also offers branded drinks as part of there all inclusive concept which is unheard of in Egypt.

I think photos say much more than any review can say in words so I will post some soon but as many of you will know a review goes live faster without photos in the first instance.

Finally I would like to say a big Thank you to all of the Management and Staff at this Amazing hotel for making our holiday so special Especially Mr Sami and Mr Hassan, I would love to name all of the staff who provided exceptional service during our stay but to do so would take page after page of text so just three others who’s service each day was truly first class, Our pool boy Ali, Mohamed in the Executive lounge and Ahmed in the Asian restaurant these three along with along with many other went above and beyond, I hope if managment read these reiview as I am sure they do they will pass our greatfull thanks to all.

Can’t wait to return.

John & Yvonne

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
12  Thank FOCUSVON
RGASharm, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear FOCUSVON

It was my pleasure to show you around the resort and we are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

All your thanks has been passed on to all.

Like all our guests it was a pleasure to have you stay here with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for a longer vacation next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#3 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#62 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#12 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#2 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#4 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!