Absolutely amazing hotel. We stayed as a couple (32/29) for 2 weeks in October 2012; we were a little apprehensive before we went as we'd seen reports of building works being done during the 'takeover' period by Rixos. We needn't have worried, all building noise was at a minimum and the hotel's grounds were so beautiful we didn't care anyway. Room was ENORMOUS, possibly bigger than the whole area of our terraced house back home! Always clean, fresh towels/water/mini bar and hot drinks facilities every day. Food was fantastic, we wold especially recommend the sushi restaurant!
Sadly, my partner became very ill during our trip, but we are pretty sure this was following a dinner trip outside of the hotel grounds as was fine. we had to cancel a booking at one of the a la carte restaurants at very late notice, and staff were absolutely fine about it.
Our only issue throughout the entire holiday was that we were a minority of about 7 rooms of british tourists, all the rest were Russian/Polish/Ukraine etc. They were very loud, rude and messy in the restaurants and round the pools, and so the Brits tended to congregate around one pool. Young women were doing some decidedly 'sexy' photoshoots in the more secluded areas of the pools!! We were told that Rixos caters 90% for Eastern European tourists, and this is the only reason that we wouldn't return to the hotel as they really put us off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays and Odigeo so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay