We visited the hotel in December 2013.
The staff at the reception was very nice and we got a ride on a golf cart to our room.
The room itself (superior) was nice, but we had hair in the bathtub, hair in the bed and the glasses for our welcome bottle of wine were dirty, really filthy. I complained about it and even the manager for facility came to apologize but the first impression was gone.
Food: you have a main restaurant with buffet and several a la carte restaurants. You can book an a la carte restaurant only via a specific terminal and only one time per restaurant for free. We visited the Egyptian and the seafood restaurant. The food tastes boring and is far away from an average standard. No spices, the Egyptian food tastes European, the seafood tastes cooked before grilled, the wine. We didn't attend the other restaurants because of this experience.
The food in the main restaurant is ok, they could change the meals more often, hygienic standard is top, deserts are brilliant.
I visited the barber for a haircut and a shave in the spa center. I paid 38€ (!), the shave was good, haircut was not existing and done in 5 mins.
I visited the fitness center, it's just a smelly small room, I left after 10 mins as I felt very uncomfortable.
What pissed me really was the fact that the animation team tried to sell you a trip to the Hard Rock Cafe. There are several, all very expensive.
All in all I have to say that Rixos does not feel like the luxury top service place they always say it is.
Compared to Dana Beach in Hurghada they still have a lot of homework to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay