“Enjoyed our stay but !!!!!!!!!”

Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a weeks holiday at this hotel at the end of march everything was very good, friendly staff ,clean rooms, beautifully grounds however I think we must have been at a different hotel to the people in all the other reviews as we thought the food was awful !!! The food was the same in the buffet restaurants all week ( grilled fish, over cooked veg,stew type thing sect ect) I really struggled to find something other than the safe option of chips to eat.
And just to top it off I was ill for a week with severe diarrhoea from the day I got home.
Nearly forgot to mention the beds are really really hard actually made my back ache really uncomfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bluebell1970
Write a ReviewReviews (4,345)

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I suppose you think that I am making quite a grand statement there but I truly think it is! I have been to Egypt 8 times all inclusive each time and this hotel has the best to offer.
You arrive and are greeted with a drink and then your room is sorted out.
We paid extra for a junior suite and felt it was worth it ~ I do think that you should get extra with this for example dine in the Turkish or Executive without charge.
We went to the beach each day and the beach bar is the best I have seen ~ open from 8 to 12 midnight ~ all the staff were excellent but especially Mohamed Mohktar he is very efficient always busy looking after the customers and nothing was too much for him.
The Ala carte restaurants are fantastic My favourite being the Italian and the Egyptian.
You also have premium brand drinks ~ I drank Jim Beam for 12 nights.
You have to book your meals before 2pm to get in for that night ~ there are machines that you use that are touch screen really easy.
Guest relations are also helpful we dealt with Anabel an also Kelly again they can give you any information you need to help you.
The only down side and it is very small is ~ the sun beds are not comfortable at all! that is the only thing that I would say needed updating!
We are returning in October and can't wait ! I am actually sat in the lobby waiting to go home the internet is great and you get everywhere apart from the beach.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ailapaul
Reviewed 30 April 2014

RIXOS –
Here I go again, had a really lovely holiday at Rixos Hotel once again, see all my reports under the name of ‘An Reimse ‘ regarding my stay at this beautiful place. It is the most welcoming, an immaculately kept hotel, and deserves every reward it receives.
Unfortunately, there was a decline in travel to the Resort, and I feel that over reporting of the problems in Cairo, as does happen in many places throughout the world, can cause fear in persons wishing to travel to Sharm El Sheikh. I live outside Belfast, in Northern Ireland , and at one time the same sort of reporting prevented people coming to Belfast – there really was no need to worry, certainly there are pockets of areas, where you do not go to or get involved, all a matter of common sense.
As always, and I have written it so many times before, travel to Sharm El Sheikh is totally secure, and safe. With your swift exit from the airport, attended by the most mannerly people, you are no sooner off your flight, go through customs clearance, collect your baggage, and on your way to your hotel, by either your travel operator coach, or by being collected, and incidentally the location of the hotel from the airport is only around 7km.
We have chosen this journey fourteen times within the last seven years, and our stay in the Rixos hotel over the past seven times, has simply been the best, first class in every way. The moment I arrive at the hotel, I am’ home from home’ with as they say in Ireland – a hundred thousand welcomes.
As there are no direct flights from Belfast – we travel to London Gatwick on Easyjet, overnight at the Premier Inn North Terminal, and fly out next morning on the Easyjet flight – excellent flights and we arrive in Sharm El Sheikh, five hours later. We book our own accommodation directly with Rixos, and on our return to London Gatwick, overnight there, out first flight to Belfast the following morning – and are happy to do so, and at the end of all the travelling – we have had a great vacation.
If you want to really relax, have excellent food in either of the two large restaurants Nefertti- for adults or Zodiac which is a family restaurant, and added to all that there are seven more excellent restaurants, where you can enjoy dinner once per week in all the restaurants, and not forgetting the Turkish Restaurant right on the beach, but due to having heavy rain for the first time, and some wind, we unfortunately missed out on having a meal there, but I will make up for it on my next visit this October. Rain!! This was the first time I had ever seen it in Sharm El Sheikh, but it was all over shortly after it started.
One of the most joyful events I witnessed when this rain came pouring down heavily, was the delight of the young pool attendants dancing in the rain. I have never heard so much laughter – and they were a joy to watch, and had the dance of a lifetime. All the attendants at the pool are most obliging and helpful in many ways, and are great ambassadors for Rixos, as is all the staff. I did say to them, that if they lived in Europe, the United Kingdom or Ireland, they would have many days of dancing, as we have our full complement of rain, and thunderstorms.
Rixos –is my ‘home from home ‘with all the trimmings, as you receive a wonderful welcome by all when you approach the entrance of this beautiful and stylish hotel, it is simply the best. I had conversations with quite a few new people vacating there for the first time, and they were amazed at the great service given in all areas, I can truly second that, they vowed to return, so I hope they do.
Karam and all his staff, the young lady ‘Princess Cleopatra’ are there to greet you on arrival, along with the front office staff – these are the people who make your vacation great. On this last occasion a number of our friends we have met over the last six visits were there also, and that is a great feeling, most welcoming and appreciated – and the best was yet to come.
Bella, Customer Relations said to me, that my face was beaming, how could it not!!!! She has an excellent memory for names, and room numbers for those needing information, and is what I would call a hive of information in all areas, so anything you need to know, contact Bella. The hotel continues to make many improvements, for the benefit of all its clientele. It is situated just off the main carriageway, and extremely near to all areas of shopping.
I have no fear whatsoever travelling to Sharm El Sheikh, as I am travelling alone this October. My husband and his son are heading out to China, a lot of travelling around, historical sights, extensive walking - I just want a relaxing holiday, plenty of sunshine, good food, excellent accommodation and a few books, and most of all the friendliness of the staff, and their willingness to help in every way.
Have a good holiday.

‘An Reimse’ 30 April 2014

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, whether you are at the seafront, or in the main pool area, where it is...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank anreimse-19
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Recently back from a 10 night stay over Easter, very nice place, grounds immaculate, room cleanliness was fab, restaurant and A La Carte restaurants were very good with lots of choice. For those with Children try the Lagoon pool, its better than the family pool. Entertainment staff good, only 2 brits but both Adam and Steve, both were quite funny and checked that the British guests were ok.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Well what can I say from the moment we arrived to the day we left the experience was fantastic!!! We stayed at Rixos Sungate in Turkey last year which was unbelievable!!! But the sharm resort did not disappoint at all. The service from reception staff to the pool bar staff and all of the hard working staff throughout the resort was excellent. Resort itself is probably one of the best in Sharm from modern rooms to ample pools & food on offer. We love the Rixos brand & my family of three Will definitely come back to this hotel if we visit Sharm el sheikh again. Thank you Rixos Sharm el sheikh for a great holiday!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MUFC4EVERRR
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

The staff were arrogant a And rude , they tried there hardest not to serve you and they choice to laugh about there guests in the plain light of day and when reported on there is no action taken at all , the welcome was the worst we have ever experienced and I feel like I have thrown money down the pan

Stayed: April 2014
7  Thank Natmadd1
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Natmadd1

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are extremely disappointing that you did not have the stay you were expecting.

We encourage all of our guests to speak with us during the stay in order for us to solve any issues they may have. On several occasion you spoke with my English colleague but no comments were made regarding your disappointment. You spoke with myself on your departure day - please be assured that as i said during our conversation the relevant departments would be spoken to regarding your comments. You felt the staff on one occasion laughed at you in the restaurant - i spoke with the Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Director immediately after our conversation - all the staff members knew you and said you were all speaking together daily and they had no indication that you were upset with them.

On a second occasion you felt the staff were laughing at you in the Seafood the evening before your departure - again an investigation was made but we could not see that you had a reservation in the Seafood throughout your stay so it was difficult to find the persons you were referring to - as you departed not long after speaking with myself i could obtain no further information.

Regardless of this all staff have been informed it is not acceptable to laugh and joke with the guests as this can lead to misunderstandings. As said during our conversation it was unfortunate that we did not speak during the stay as you also commented that most of the staff and outlets were fantastic - unfortunately this was not mentioned in your review.

We are extremely disappointed that you were not satisfied and we hope you will return to us again in the future in order to change your impression about our service and resort.

Kelly Walmsley
Rixos Sharm el Sheikh

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just returned this morning from ten days in our favourite hotel in Sharm.From the moment you arrive the staff here strive to make your stay unforgettable.Check in is quick and efficient and accompanied by a much needed drink after which you and your bags are transported by buggy to your room.The rooms are spotless and well appointed - if you need a mossie machine or a mattress topper they are just a phone call away.Bella and the girls on guest relations are very quick to sort out any requests or queries you may have.The gardens and grounds in this hotel are absolutely immaculate and a credit to the team who are constantly working on them.There are several a la carte restaurants to visit in the evening which are booked on a very user friendly terminal in reception.We especially liked Egyptian ,Indian ,Chinese and Italian (in no particular order).There are also two buffet restaurants for breakfast , lunch and dinner - Nefertiti which is adult only and Zodiac nearer the beach which has no age restrictions.Food and service in both are excellent with a good choice to suit most people.By the end of our stay our "usual" drinks were on their way as soon as we sat down and the Chef Mr Sharaf had our eggs ready with just a nod! The boys at the beach bar were great fun and Samir and Said at the Piano Bar and Karim at the Lagoon Bar looked after us extremely well.The snorkelling off the jetty is amazing - just like you are in a twenty five metre deep aquarium - and they have nearly finished installing another set of steps to make access easier.Our only small criticism is that the evening dress code in the a la carte restaurants is ignored with some guests in vests and swim shorts and some watching films or games at full volume on their Ipads on adjacent tables.There is entertainment on every night somewhere in the hotel and daytime activities as well.We were seen off by Mr Karam the head concierge last night and can't wait to go back- roll on next year !

Room Tip: Garden View rooms are a little quieter.Top floor quieter still.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Steve S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#5 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#10 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#65 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#2 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#4 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!