“Excellent 2nd time experience”

Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
middlesbrough
“Excellent 2nd time experience”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Most enjoyable 2nd time stay..took my son and his girlfriend to experience your hotel for his 21st birthday !!! They loved it as much as we did , he had great fun with animation team especially Sam + kimba .experienced Chinese restaurant this time as we didn't do it first time around !must say it was excellent ,just like to say thank you to bella for being so helpfull and informative , booked our third return for September !!! Thank you rixos ,think the family will be following us ,!,

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms overlooking pool are great
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank tiamaria66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (866)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I just stayed at the Rixos hotel in Sharm el Sheikh for a week and really enjoyed my holiday. The hotel is absolutely massive and it is worth mentioning that the majority of guests are Russian. The hotel grounds are very nice and well maintained. With around 6 swimming pools as well as the beach to choose from, the hotel never felt crowded or too busy and there really was something for everyone (from the main pool, where the activities and games took place, to the smaller and more secluded and quiet pools).
We stayed in a deluxe room, which was massive and very clean. Bathrooms are very big and nicely furnished. So can't find any fault with that. What made the trip so amazing was really the staff and service though. Nothing is too much to ask and everyone from the waiters to the reception staff are making every effort to help and make your stay enjoyable. The animation team is also working extremely hard and I have to say the entertainment programme is amazing. From the shows to the activities and the nightly parties, everything was done with so much effort, very impressive.
If I were to visit shark el sheikh again, I will definitely stay at the Rixos again.
Food wise, there is plenty of choice with two main buffet restaurants and 7 a la carte restaurants, of which 5 are included in the all inclusive deal. I have to admit that we only went to the buffet restaurants as we really enjoyed the food and like the variety and choice.

Big thanks to the staff and the animation team who made this an unforgettable holiday!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with a view on the main pool. Even though this is quite far to walk to the beach...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank crazylion
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear crazylion

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are so pleased that we met your expectations and your comments have been shared with all mentioned

We look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully you will visit the a la carte also next time

Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in this hotel in October and enjoyed it so much that we booked back up again for January. I have stayed in many hotels with both Thomas Cook and Thomson but The Rixos wins hands down! Nothing is too much trouble here the hotel and grounds are absolutely immaculate, the staff are constantly cleaning or wiping and the bar service is professional and efficient. The food is excellent in both the Nefertiti and in the A la Carte restaurants however, the beach restaurant which becomes the seafood restaurant in the evening is fabulous as are the staff in there. Thanks to Bella in Guest Relations for dealing with our room request and providing us with a room near the beach view and we will see you again in January 2015 for two weeks this time! WELL DONE!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank HagarHorace
Dear HagarHorace

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are so pleased that we met your expectations and you had such an enjoyable stay for the second time

We look forward to welcoming you back in January for your 3rd visit

Sofia Region, Bulgaria
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I was at Rixos hotel for 3 nights in the beginning on May.The hotel outdoor surroundings are really nice,staff is well trained and very polite.
BUT my 'deluxe' room was awful,very poor and cheap furnished,not good even for 4 star hotel.
For the spent 3 nights,couldn't sleep,because of the terrible bed,please must change it as soon as possible!!!
For my luckiest,everything else was Fine!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear SOFIABU

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are extremely disappointed that you find the rooms awful as all rooms are well equipped with modern amenities and elegantly decorated and furnished. Since becoming Rixos in 2012 we have been adding to our facilities and services and we will continue to do so in order to meet our guests expectations. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be shared with the relevant Management and will help us with our plans for the future.

Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future

Bedworth
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Arrived 6th March for one week with a friend. Since my last visit in March more improvements, almost as though they had taken my advice! Ambience of A la Cartes much improved, and food still excellent! Chinese must be my favourite, booking experience so easy. We had rain while we were there, and I mean rain!!! Some places were flooded, we were paddling round in bare feet up to our ankles!! However the staff managed superbly, taking customer service and safety seriously. Would have preferred fine weather, but one day of rain there was an experience.
The young people on the entertainments team were excellent, especially Luca and Adam, they really helped to make our holiday. We didn't leave the complex, didn't need to, we had gone for R and R and that is exactly what we got. Will be back again with my husband in the Autumn and my
friend in early Spring. Will always recommend this hotel as the best in Sharm, have stayed in six others, before we found this one. One negative, found adults only buffet just re-opened was not as good as family buffet, perhaps needed time to get in gear!

Room Tip: Have stayed in various rooms, all good value, some quite a walk to restaurants, but we quite like th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Winefride

Thank you for taking the time to write about your second stay here with us.

We are pleased to read you have noticed the changes we have made and we will continue to improve in order to meet our guests expectations.

Your comments have also been shared with the staff members mentioned.

We really appreciate you recommending us and would like to thank you for your support and loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more visits in the future.

UK
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a great setting, so when I chose to upgrade to a Junior Suite via Broadway travel, Luton UK I was hoping for the best. I arrived on the 7/3/14 for a week. Usual mayhem at airport caused me to forgo the transfer and hop in a cab. I got a warm welcome at the hotel and was taken to my room in an electric buggy - the grounds are extensive and its easy to get lost. I'd picked a rare moment in weather terms - one of those 1 in 3 year events where it actually buckets down. As is not uncommon in the middle-east, rain represents a few challenges to municipal drainage and hotel electrics. My room was (and probably still is) fantastic. Huge bathroom with dual basins, large bath, large shower and bidet. I spread out and walked the grounds passing all the different restaurants that are spread out amongst the winding paths.

By day five I was happy except for one thing - no hot water (it was cold outside, about 20 deg C). I'd notified reception and they'd sent two orange uniformed staff down who stormed in, undid the bath tap lime filter and then said they'd tweaked the water temp at the boiler. I checked it but it was still body temperature. I told reception again but nothing happened. Come the 6th day I checked out - booked into the Hyatt Regency who have piping hot water all day long.

One other thing worth mentioning. I'm a long-time diver and have dived the Red Sea many times progressing from novice to instructor and then rebreather mixed-gas. I have a troublesome left-ear so I thought I'd get the Rixos hotel's internal PADI school to give me a checkout SCUBA dive before I went to PURE technical in Sharm. Having checked out the location of then hotel as having its own pontoon on the reef, I'd wrongly assumed I could dive from it. Apparently the current is too strong and so they have to take you elsewhere - in my case south past Naama bay!!! over 45 mins in a mini-bus? I got charged nearly EUR100 for one dive with gear. The hotel were quick to sort out this last issue and hauled in the manager of Pyramid divers who agreed to give me a refund. I emailed Broadway travel (Inspired Travel, Luton) in the UK about the hot water issue but never heard a word. Pity because this hotel has much to offer in other respects. The staff are VERY helpful, positive, humorous and keen.

Room Tip: Ge tone with hot water
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank AbyssalPlain
sudbury, suffolk
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a weeks holiday at this hotel at the end of march everything was very good, friendly staff ,clean rooms, beautifully grounds however I think we must have been at a different hotel to the people in all the other reviews as we thought the food was awful !!! The food was the same in the buffet restaurants all week ( grilled fish, over cooked veg,stew type thing sect ect) I really struggled to find something other than the safe option of chips to eat.
And just to top it off I was ill for a week with severe diarrhoea from the day I got home.
Nearly forgot to mention the beds are really really hard actually made my back ache really uncomfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
#2 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,182 reviews
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#15 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,965 reviews
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#4 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,622 reviews
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#5 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,914 reviews

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!