We have just returned last night from our stay in the rixos. We normally stay at the savoy several times a year but thought we would try out the rixos as well.
Welcoming check in
Lovely big rooms and big bathrooms
Free wifi in main buildings and our room as close to reception
Bottled water in fridges everywhere to help yourself
Rixy club kids loved it
Lots of pools and slides for children pools from ankle deep to 1.7m so great for everyone
Good night time entertainment for children loved kids disco.
Food nice and good quality ate in Italian, Indian and Chinese and of course breakfast. (Apart from Lunch at pool bar very basic and not the best needs improvement I don't expect to eat from a polystyrene chip tray)
Mini bar in room refilled everyday
No upset tummies
Biggest con that ruined enjoyment of holiday was lack of sleep due to extremely hard beds when I say extremely hard I mean it. It was like sleeping on the floor, even when you sit on beds there is no give at all. We had 2 mattress toppers but still not comfortable worst bed I have ever slept in. Kids sofa bed mattress really thin and bed creaked all night when kids moved in sleep, constantly waking little one.
Loud music by kids pool at one point thought I was a night club and had to shout so my husband could hear me. Plus if someone got into trouble in pool no one would be able to hear shouts for help. Chill music a lot more appropriate, people go on holiday to relax.
Hotel Very large feet hurt from all walking, bus service ok but never know when they are coming, but lovely bus drivers.
Service needs improving not on par I would expect from 5 star resort, At the Savoy staff know your name, remember your room number even and always alway say hello or good morning/afternoon when walking past you, 90% of staff at Rixos blanked you and we always had feeling the were in rush to finish work and go home. At the Savoy Nothing seems to be too much trouble for staff including setting out towels for you by the pool before you get there in the morning, having a bucket of ice with big bottle of water, and your favourite drinks waiting too, waiter service by pools, even handing out ice cold flannels and fruit kebabs and cleaning your sunglasses during day. Basically whatever you want they will go out of their way to accommodate you. Even fetching food from one of the other restaurants for fussy kids who didn't want what was on menu at the restaurant we were dinning in. All of this was lacking at the Rixos even down to asking for an iron and ironing board to be told I might hurt myself on the iron. My response are you joking i am capable of using a iron. Basically trying to sell me their Laundry service (a lot of hard selling goes on at Rixos) after an argument I finally got an iron but no board.
We spent one hour on the beach one morning and got approached at least 10 times by sellers from spa, to excursions to street sellers and camel rides. Please police this better so guests can just relax.
Not sure on everyone having access to Rixy club CCTV in rooms don't like idea of other people including non parents watching my children.
Gate always left open at kids club so small children could escape if went unnoticed.
Limited to one visit to each of the restaurants per stay. Should be unlimited supposed to be ultra all inclusive. Fresh juice and imported drinks not included like they are at the Savoy.
In summary the kids loved this hotel and it is ideal for families just needs improvement. I suggest the head of customer relations stay in the Savoy for a few days to see what they are lacking to make this a great luxury hotel. They have a better grounds, bigger rooms and better set up for children than the Savoy but the service and beds let it down.
Would I go again is the big question? if service was improved and mattresses changed yes but not as stands at the moment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay