“Best Yet”

Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
“Best Yet”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Having been 14 times to many parts of Egypt and always stayed in a different but usually excellent 5* hotel, we were amazed by how much better the Rixos is, so much so that we are booking for next November and February.

I can only endorse everything that has already been said in previous reviews. The welcome, the service in all areas, and the high standards applied to every aspect of our holiday was second to none.

Great hotel with something for everyone I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank SandMe7
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear SandMe7

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are so pleased we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back in November and again in February

Rixos Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (868)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this review sitting on the beautiful beach bar after dinner. With my 7-day stay coming to an end tomorrow, I believe I've seen enough of the place to write two reviews.

The first review is for travelers.

If you have decided to travel to Sharm Elsheikh and chose the Rixos, you won't be disappointed.

The hotel caters for every single age group I can think of, the food is fantastic with special care for people who have special dietary needs.
The rooms are spacious, bathrooms large and the whole property is impeccably clean.
If you are traveling with children, they will be kept busy by the Rixy club and all the activities aimed at children.

There are daily shows by the excellent entertainment team.

You can even tailor your whole stay by choosing where in the hotel you will stay. Rooms closer to the beach would be more convenient for adults, as the those closer to the lobby are near the kids club and water slides (something I didn't know but didn't matter as I was diving most of the time).

The second review is for hotel personnel.

The devil lies in the details, details are what separates the excellent from the world class. You are excellent, you just need a little bit more attention to detail to become world class.

It was quite interesting to see that the gym and spa only opened at 9 am, quite late by most hotel standards. The other thing is that breakfast is also relatively late. As a diver, I usually left the hotel by 7 am (5 am when going to the Thistlegorm), so you may want to reconsider the timings.

While the service in the restaurants and bars is fantastic, it can be too good to the point of inconvenience. Every time I go to grab something from the buffet, I return to find that my table has been wiped clean including the bottle of water, so I have to keep asking for water and other things every time I return to my table.

Another thing is how loud some staff members are. Arabs (like myself) are particularly known for how loud they are, but seeing that the majority of staff members speak in loud voices and some times shout across large areas is quite inconvenient, the loud voices are a lot of times associated with profanity and vulgar language, something g I find damaging to the hotel's reputation.

One last thing, camels on the beach!
I understand that camels are an attraction for everyone who doesn't live in the Middle East, but having them on the beach is just too much. First of all, they are obviously mistreated by their owners as you can clearly see that they are nothing more than skin on bone (normal camels are huge), secondly they leave a lot of excrement in the form of urine and stools on the beach which means that:
1- It's a health hazard.
2- Beach goers have too keep up with the awful smell more than once.
3- Camel excrement may go into the water and damage the beautiful reef.

The reason I took the time to mention all that is that I really loved the Rixos and would love to see it improve even more.

Cheers!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Aziz90
Dear Aziz90

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are so pleased we met your expectations and thank you for your feedback it is much appreciated.

Our Fitness Center opens 08:00-20:00 daily - of course if guests would like to visit at a different time we can arrange this but the area would not be staffed so we try to avoid this in order to ensure all our guests are looked after and have a member of staff to assist them should they need it.

Breakfast is served from 7am but if any of our guests require a breakfast to take with them on excursions this can be arranged with our Front Office Team 1 day before.

Your comments regarding the fast table cleaning has been shared our Food & Beverage Director and he will now share this with his team to avoid such issues in the future as we fully appreciate this can be quite irritating.

Please accept our apologies for the language and loud voices - unfortunately this was not mentioned during your stay so it is quite difficult to identify which staff members were responsible for such behavior as this is not our standard but all staff members will be informed that this is not acceptable.

Thank you once again for your feedback it will help us in the future to improve the service we provide to our guests.

Letchworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have just returned last night from our stay in the rixos. We normally stay at the savoy several times a year but thought we would try out the rixos as well.
Pros
Welcoming check in
Lovely big rooms and big bathrooms
Free wifi in main buildings and our room as close to reception
Bottled water in fridges everywhere to help yourself
Rixy club kids loved it
Lots of pools and slides for children pools from ankle deep to 1.7m so great for everyone
Nice beach
Good night time entertainment for children loved kids disco.
Food nice and good quality ate in Italian, Indian and Chinese and of course breakfast. (Apart from Lunch at pool bar very basic and not the best needs improvement I don't expect to eat from a polystyrene chip tray)
Mini bar in room refilled everyday
No upset tummies

Cons
Biggest con that ruined enjoyment of holiday was lack of sleep due to extremely hard beds when I say extremely hard I mean it. It was like sleeping on the floor, even when you sit on beds there is no give at all. We had 2 mattress toppers but still not comfortable worst bed I have ever slept in. Kids sofa bed mattress really thin and bed creaked all night when kids moved in sleep, constantly waking little one.

Loud music by kids pool at one point thought I was a night club and had to shout so my husband could hear me. Plus if someone got into trouble in pool no one would be able to hear shouts for help. Chill music a lot more appropriate, people go on holiday to relax.

Hotel Very large feet hurt from all walking, bus service ok but never know when they are coming, but lovely bus drivers.

Service needs improving not on par I would expect from 5 star resort, At the Savoy staff know your name, remember your room number even and always alway say hello or good morning/afternoon when walking past you, 90% of staff at Rixos blanked you and we always had feeling the were in rush to finish work and go home. At the Savoy Nothing seems to be too much trouble for staff including setting out towels for you by the pool before you get there in the morning, having a bucket of ice with big bottle of water, and your favourite drinks waiting too, waiter service by pools, even handing out ice cold flannels and fruit kebabs and cleaning your sunglasses during day. Basically whatever you want they will go out of their way to accommodate you. Even fetching food from one of the other restaurants for fussy kids who didn't want what was on menu at the restaurant we were dinning in. All of this was lacking at the Rixos even down to asking for an iron and ironing board to be told I might hurt myself on the iron. My response are you joking i am capable of using a iron. Basically trying to sell me their Laundry service (a lot of hard selling goes on at Rixos) after an argument I finally got an iron but no board.

We spent one hour on the beach one morning and got approached at least 10 times by sellers from spa, to excursions to street sellers and camel rides. Please police this better so guests can just relax.

Not sure on everyone having access to Rixy club CCTV in rooms don't like idea of other people including non parents watching my children.
Gate always left open at kids club so small children could escape if went unnoticed.

Limited to one visit to each of the restaurants per stay. Should be unlimited supposed to be ultra all inclusive. Fresh juice and imported drinks not included like they are at the Savoy.

In summary the kids loved this hotel and it is ideal for families just needs improvement. I suggest the head of customer relations stay in the Savoy for a few days to see what they are lacking to make this a great luxury hotel. They have a better grounds, bigger rooms and better set up for children than the Savoy but the service and beds let it down.

Would I go again is the big question? if service was improved and mattresses changed yes but not as stands at the moment.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking family pool quite at night and near reception to catch bus to breakfast and beach.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Belle23uk
Dear Belle23uk

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We can see as you mentioned on several occasions that you were extremely satisfied with a previous hotel you stayed in and we are pleased you decided to also try another hotel and stay here with us at Rixos Sharm el Sheikh and try a different experience.

It is always difficult to make a fair comparison of 2 resorts when they are offering a completely different concept . We are a much bigger resort offering a wide variety of buffets, a la carte, bars (imported alcohol included) and pools.

We are disappointed that you did not enjoy the music at the pool, unfortunately you chose to sit at the activity pool therefore music is played during the day - we do however offer 6 other pools also suitable for children that have no music at all and can be a lot more relaxing a quiet.

With 695 rooms and 7 pools we are a very large resort - we do provide a shuttle bus service which is advertised as running every 20 minutes around the resort to help our guests get from one place to another. Again as a large resort we do try and learn all of our guests names and we train all of our staff to speak with all guests when passing by with a simple "Good Evening, Good Afternoon". Your comments will be shared also with our Training Manager to highlight this more.

Unfortunately we do not offer waiter service around our 7 pools we do however have 2 swim up bars serving drinks and snacks - we also provide sun glass cleaning, cold towel service and fruits are served 2 times per day - it was unfortunate that you did not see that service. We try to avoid bringing food to the actual pools as this is a hygiene issue for us, leaving food under the sun for certain periods in such heat is something we avoid for the safety of our guests - we have several shaded areas appropriate for eating and enjoying snacks but unfortunately not in the pool area in order to keep it clean, tidy and hygienic for our guests.

We currently do not have irons in the room but this is something that is already in our plans for 2014. Regarding the hard selling we apologise that you felt hassled but we encourage all our guests to obtain a DND flag from any beach/pool towel station - this will immediately stop any member of staff approaching you.

You can visit the a la carte more then one time subject to availability - if you would like to visit any a la carte again the Guest Relation Team will be more then happy to make a reservation for you.

UK
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here for a week between April and early may. Weather was hot and the hotel was perfect.

The staff are great and very friendly. Nothing is too much trouble and they are always smiling!

Loads of restaurants and so much choice. Fresh every time and you could always find something you would like.

The pools are fantastic and always a free sun bed so you can either be on your own or with the crowds...however never felt crowded and plenty of choice.

Would highly recommend and for our first time to Egypt, this was a perfect hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank World_Traveller82
Dear World_Traveller82

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are so pleased we met your expectations and thank you for your comments it is much appreciated.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I visited the Rixos at the beginning of April for a 10 day holiday. Like a lot of visitors to Egypt and particularly Sharm el Sheikh, we had a slight feeling of trepidation in view of the much publicised troubles in Cairo. We need not have worried as we saw not the slightest hint of any unrest throughout our stay. Security around the hotel was tight and we were, reassuringly, challenged twice by security guards around the hotel when we returned from a walk along the sea front when they couldn't see our Rixos wrist bands.

On to the Rixos itself - a lovely hotel with extensive grounds having its own beach with lovely sand. Service was excellent throughout although reduced numbers of guests, because many holidaymakers are still staying away from Egypt, means less customers to be looked after per member of staff. Standards are being maintained at a very high level and we were told that prices have not been brought down dramatically, like many other hotels, just to attract those looking for a real cut price deal.

There are 7 theme restaurants to try although you have to pay extra for 2 of them. We found the remaining 5 sufficient for our needs! Our favourite two were the Italian and the Fish restaurant (near to the beach bar and also very nice for a relaxed lunch). It comes down to personal tastes for the other 3 but during our stay the Chinese was good, the Egyptian and Indian OK. There are also 2 buffet type, self service restaurants although one only opened the last day we were there. Both were really good with an extensive range of food to suit everyone’s taste. We tended to eat lunch here on most days and we were royally looked after by our favourite waiter Emahmoud. When he saw us coming by the pool on our way to lunch he would make sure our favourite table was ready for us with 2 glasses of wine already poured. Tipping is not expected at all but in my experience of the Rixos and other all inclusives it helps to make sure that you receive just that little bit extra special treatment.

The automated restaurant booking service, through machines in the 2 hotel lobbies, could be quite complicated and troublesome to use. After advice from others we found the best way was to visit Bella, an English lady working at the Rixos, and she sorted out everything for us. She is lovely and so helpful and deserves an extra mention as she is happy to go the extra distance required to make sure you are being looked after and happy with everything.

As you can tell, we enjoyed our stay immensely and will be back, hopefully towards the end of next year.

Room Tip: There are no lifts outside the main reception building so ask for a ground or 1st floor room overloo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank John L
Dear John L

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are so pleased we met your expectations and that you enjoyed the facilities and services we had to offer.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was are first time at the rixos in sharm and what can I say every thing was 5 star from the hotel rooms to the pools and there is lots of them ?the gym was great !you will need to pop in as the food you get served is out of this world all in all 5 star plus

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from kids pool just for a bit of afternoon quite knapp time
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank leej0nes
Dear leej0nes

kettering
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just returned from spending 11 glorious days at The Rixos Sharm el Sheikh.
We have been to this hotel several times and have never been disappointed. The staff are second to none and nothing is too much trouble. Our room was cleaned to perfection with fantastic towel arrangements on the bed every day. In fact everything in the complex was cleaned with in an inch of its life. The specialist restaurants were amazing, The food in the Egyptian and Sushi restaurants were simply delicious. The beach is cleaned regularly with a good beach bar serving soft and hot drinks as well as alcohol. Wonderful pools, however we prefer to be on the beach so did not spend any time around them. Have thought long and hard and truly cannot fault anything with this hotel.
Thank you Rixos staff for making our holiday wonderful and see you in November.

Room Tip: We were in room 3054 with a pool view, it also caught to late evening sunshine. Not too far from the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KetteringSunshine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#3 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#15 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#5 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#7 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!