“Speak as you find!”

Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
“Speak as you find!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at the Rixos between 4th June - 11th June and can quite honestly say it was one of the best hotels we ave ever stayed in. First a word about guest relations and Kelly in particular. We had a small problem when we first arrived and my husband phoned Reception for it to be sorted. He spoke to Kelly and she sorted it immediately and very much to our satisfaction. We found her to be very professional and like all the staff at the Rixos put there guests comfort first. We stayed in a plunge pool suite which was absolutely gorgeous very spacious and clean. Well done to all the gardeners who keep the grounds immaculate in such high temperatures, all the bar staff particularly Chico at the beach bar, Mohammed the shisha man, and also special mention to Shulah (apologies if that's the wrong spelling) in the executive lounge who looked after us with such care and attention. We will certainly return to the Rixos in the near future.

Room Tip: If you can afford have a suite overlooking the beach as there was a lovely sea breeze when we stayed...
5 Thank JandCCar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Rixos at Sharm is a fabulous hotel. Lots of pools for busy or quiet times. The staff can not do enough for you to make your staff relaxing and fun. All the restaraunts are wonderful including the standard one (e.g. Not a la carte) which all serve a very good standard and choice of food.
A special thank you to a few of the staff in particular who made our stay even more enjoyable...Kamba and Captain from the Animation Team who organised the pool games and activities. Also to Ayman and Ahmed at the main pool bar who kept us readily supplied with cocktails and friendly banter.
I would go back any time and recommend this hotel to anyone considering booking.

3 Thank Mands46
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Mands46

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are so pleased we met your expectations

Thank you for your nice comments for the staff and they have been shared with the Management.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another enjoyable stay.

Altrincham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I visited the Rixos twelve months ago as half of a couple and had the opportunity to return again on my own, there is always that doubt that it will not quite live up the the wonderful experience I enjoyed last time, but did it ?
Unfortunately a delayed flight meant I did not arrive at the hotel until 01.30 tired and frustrated I arrived at the hotel welcomed by name and immediately provided with a refreshing drink, the check in formalities were completed in minutes and I was taken, along with my luggage, to my room, shown we're everything was and an offer was made to take me to eat in the Zodiac restaurant which provides food until 02.00, being familiar with the hotel I had a light snack and went to bed.
The following morning guest relations called to enquire if I was satisfied with the check in, room etc and how could I not be
Booking a table for the a la carte restaurants is now done via a touch screen system initially for three days then a further booking can be made every 24 hour period, the food in each restaurant was a credit to the chefs who prepared and cooked it and on every occasion it was faultless, the buffet choices in the Zodiac and Nefertiti restaurants were also varied and enjoyable at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Off course it is not all about the dining but it does contribute a great deal to your holiday as does everything else that I can say about the hotel, the staff are amazing despite what some reviews have said, nothing is to much trouble to them, show them some courtesy and civility and they will make your holiday so much more enjoyable, remembering your choices of drinks in the restaurants and preferred drinks in the bars
It is all to easy to praise the front line staff and I must include the Captain and his team,including Rebecca,who's enthusiasm is so infectious, I certainly hadn't envisaged myself partaking in water aerobics!, but besides these members there are a multitude of staff who all contribute to making your holiday enjoyable including the room cleaners, chefs, the gardeners who maintain the immaculate grounds and this year you are even provided with iced flannels around the pools and a sunglasses cleaning service, there really is so little to do yourselves except to enjoy your holiday and to those who find fault they really must go out of their way to look for it,
I certainly did not regret returning and who knows hopefully a further visit will not be to far away.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank NCatte
Dear NCatte

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are so pleased we met your expectations and your were satisfied with the facilities and service we had to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another enjoyable stay.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

After going to the Rixos Bodrum six times, was expecting something good from Rixos Sharm, sadly that was not the case. Arriving late in the night two rooms, five adults, our room for three was not ready there was only two beds, we had to ask for the third bed to be made up. Instead of a proper bed they made up a bed sofa, mattress was so thin that I woke up the next morning with a seriously sore back, after speaking with customer services they made another bed up in our room, it was better but again nor a proper mattress. The brandy in most of the restaurants and bars was like drinking medicine, but I did find the main bar serving something palatable. We did speak with head of customer relations to say how disappointed we were as it was my mums 75th Birthday and we thought the Rixos would be special, she apologised and gave us dinner in the executive suit as it was mums birthday. I also have to add that the restaurant and bar staff thought our stay were amazing, very helpfully and could not do enough for you. On our last day my partner called me to say that he had heard there could be some delay with our flight, we checked with the rep if the flight was leaving in time and was told it was, I then over heard the head of customer relations say she was so stressed by fleetway travel (sun) so asked reception if they had heard of any delays, they did not I very quickly found out at the airport from monarch customer services that they had passed on to the reps that the flight will be considerately late, later on most of the other passengers informed us that there hotel had put up a notice to let them know and they could stay in there hotels and use the facilities till the flight is ready. We know now the rep new, we also know That Kerry from customer relations at the Ricos new but they still let us go, we were left at the airport for 9 hours my mother became quite ill she is 75 years old and they thought that its fine to leave a lady in the airport with no air con for that length of time, just because they didn't want to put them self out and go the extra mile. That is not what I call a 5 star plus hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Carol A

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are disappointed that you were not completely satisfied with your stay.

After making an investigation we found upon your arrival to the hotel you had some requests for your rooms - therefor we changed the rooms you were originally allocated and unfortunately not all rooms are readily prepared for 3 so we informed our Housekeeping department who then made up the 3rd bed for you.

We are happy to read you were satisfied with the service and we hope you enjoyed your celebration in the Executive Lounge.

Regarding your flights - please be assured that if there are any delays this information is shared with us by the Tour Operator Representatives - if your Representative said there was no delay - this is the information we also have - had there been a delay information would have been displayed by your Representative.

The Tour Operator are also responsible for your Transfers to the airport - therefor they have taken you to the airport. We have many guests that leave on later flights and we allow all guests to use the facilities until departure - had the Representative delayed your transfer you would also have had full use of the facilities.

Unfortunately you had a disappointing ending to your stay but please be assured we were not aware of any delays and we will of course communicate with the Travel Agent regarding this situation.

We really hope you will return to us again in the future in order to change your impression about our hotel

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

A magnificent hotel in every meaning of the word, we stayed for a lovely 4 nights and was upgraded from a superior to delux room. You need to try the Turkish restaurant and definitely the Italian. The rooms is wonderful, the food is geat and the service is more than excellent, sure will come again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ramez A
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Ramez A

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are so pleased we met your expectations and you had an enjoyable stay

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the Turkish and Italian A la Carte

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The best hotel I've ever been to ,the rooms are amazing pools are just fab was a dream holiday.
My six year loved it all staff loved her and are really friendly .
like any were were we got bored of food but just jumped in taxi five mins up road loads of places to to go for something different to eat ,but can't fault food at hotel just wanted a change.
Just book you will never want to go to anther hotel after this five star heaven we will defo be back .

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing
2 Thank gwilkie69
Dear gwilkie69

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are so pleased we met your expectations and you had an enjoyable stay

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future

MIDDLESBROUGH
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We spent 14 nights this time from 28/05/2014 to 12/06/2014. Arriving at the hotel we were met by the porters and the bar supervisor who remembered us. It was like returning home everyone remembered us and greeted us with a smile and a hug. Check in again was very smooth and efficient we were offered a drink and our luggage and we were taken by buggy to our room in Block 3 which we asked for and were allocated.

The Hotel was not full so it was not cramped or overcrowded, even if it was full I don’t think it could ever be described as overcrowded as it is so big. It was easy to get a sunbed at any of the numerous pools and also on the beach. The pool areas and grounds as always are spotless and well maintained.

We used the Nefertiti (adult only restaurant) on the morning for breakfast and a big thank you to Mustafa for looking after us so well, my tea and my husband’s coffee were brought to the table as soon as he seen us. Another thank you to Chef Frida who always had a smile and a joke with us every morning.

We used the Zodiac restaurant at lunch time and again a big thank you to Ibrehim Saber who had our table and drinks ready for us each day. The staff at this hotel are fantastic and are a credit to the Hotel.

We went to the Italian (twice), the Indian, and Chinese (twice) a la carte restaurants which were all excellent service and excellent food and were so easy to book via the electronic kiosks. My husband’s favourite is the Chinese restaurant, my husband asked for fried mushrooms (which were not on the menu) to accompany his main course and the Chef made him fried mushrooms in tempura batter. You only have to ask and if they can do it they will, nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff.

I must say thank you to Aladdin who arranged to get the England match’s on the TV for us and the Froch/Groves fight. Another big thank you to Mohamad Shafik for his freshly brewed special tea which settled my husband’s stomach.

I would like to thank Alla our pool attendant who made sure our sunbeds were always available and looked after us providing iced cold towels throughout the day.

My husband and I were very impressed with the service at the old lobby bar and a very big thank you to Ragab who is the loveliest man you would wish to meet, he is very polite and very efficient and always had a smile no matter what time of day or night it was.

I have written numerous review of this hotel and I cannot find anything negative to say about the Hotel facilities, accommodation or staff, the staff makes this hotel so very special, Kelly, Bella (Guest Relations) and Samir to mention just a few of the excellent staff at the Rixos.

We are looking to book again for September 2014 for our 12th visit to see all our friends at the Rixos Sharm.

Marilynn and John McGee

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank caretaker
Dear caretaker

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us and for your continued loyalty and support

It is always pleasure welcoming our repeater guests as it is with new guests.

Thank you for you lovely comments and they have been shared with the staff members mentioned

We look forward to welcoming you back again for another enjoyable stay here with us

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#5 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#3 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh
The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!