“A Jewel On The Beach !!”

Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 30 June 2014

After many holidays in Sharm we have finally found the hotel that suits us in many ways. Where do I start ? The hotel is stunning and the grounds are beautiful. The rooms are very well appointed , large and very clean. There are numerous swimming pools and they are kept very clean. The restaurants are fantastic and the choice of food is exceptional. The waiters and table cleaners are all faultless. Special thanks to Mamoud Karket in the Nefertiti restaurant. His smile and top service ensured our day started well. The entertainment was the best Sharm has to offer. Special thanks to Romeo. The whole animation team were superb. Romeo always went the extra mile to ensure our stay was memorable.
The al a carte dining was a very pleasurable experience and the food was of good quality.
I cant name everyone who was hardworking and pleasant as there are to many to mention. The staff are a credit to the Hotel.
The reception staff were the best we have come across not only in Sharm but anywhere.
Well done Rixos we will see you soon we are already planning our next holiday with you all.

Room Tip: We were in block four and would go there again.
6  Thank Paul D
There are newer reviews for Rixos Sharm El Sheikh

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our family of four travelled to the Rixos just before May half term for ten days. We loved it and had a fabulous time - it was beautiful, immaculate, great fun and had great staff and lovely food.

First, the hotel is enormous. Fabulous, beautiful, sparkling clean and tidy, but enormous. I say but because I suffer from mobility problems and was hoping to have a break from the pain because I wasn't cooking, cleaning, ironing, doing the school run, etc. But the resort is so big that the walking between room, dining room, beach, pools, reception, entertainment area, quickly became a major issue. The hotel has a little golf buggy which goes round 'every ten minutes' but I often waited 25 minutes in 40 degree heat while my husband and kids either went on ahead or hung around waiting with me. Wheelchair users would probably be fine, as there are good paths, but as I don't have one it was a pain (literally). The hotel were great about it, and called me a buggy a few times, but they can hardly do that for all of the guests.

That was the only problem and it was my personal problem, not a problem with the hotel. My family loved how spread out the resort was, exploring our way around, seeing how the nine pools flowed into one another, choosing pool or beach and then which pool? at the start of the day and which restaurant? at lunch and dinner. We all loved all the trees and plants, birds and insects. In the mornings I'd sit at the beach bar and watch my son play bocca and my daughter play in the sand while my husband snorkelled off the jetty (if it wasn't too windy; some days snorkelling wasn't allowed but the jetty was open and other days the entire jetty was closed due to the wind). The beach was nice - lots of fixed umbrellas, windbreaks and lots of sunbeds. The beach was swept each evening and little crabs came out of holes and made tracks on the smooth sand at night. It was amazing to sit with my daughter, who refused to enter the sea to try snorkelling, on the jetty on a calm day and watch tropical fish swim almost under our feet - she didn't need to snorkel!

We booked for mid-May after researching the climate and understanding that the average was about 28 degrees celsius. This year turned out to be above average - 36 most days, 42 some days. I melted and was ill all holiday; as soon as we got off the plane in England I was OK again, so clearly I can't take that heat. The rep said loads of people are sick in August as they sit out in 50 degrees drinking alcohol all day and then wonder why they are unwell....!

We've done all inclusive before and we liked this hotel because we could visit all of the other six or seven restaurants using a choose and book system. All the restaurants were very nice, but we liked the tastes of the Indian best. The kids loved the buffet; we all enjoyed the a la carte though. In some respects the buffet food is repetitive in that there are starters, mains, desserts, breads, soups, ice cream for dinner every single day, but if you were just to take one different food item each day you could have different things all day for weeks. We were astonished at how greedy and wasteful some of the other guests were, taking three plates piled high with food and leaving most of it, and walking away with two or three drinks each left on the table. How the staff kept on smiling I've no idea. The staff worked so hard, creating the most amazing desserts and one night a fabulous decoration made from carved fruits and vegetables. I took the kids to see it and the chef was so pleased we liked it; he said it had taken him an entire day to carve it all and people were just walking by, so blase. The children kind of lived on all-day ice cream from the buffet and also from the lovely lady by the beach, who we chatted to each day and learned some Arabic from. Asalaam Alaikum and Chokran to you!

We thought the staff were great. In many hotels there is a forced civility but here the staff seemed genuinely delighted to see you. Maybe it was because we were polite to them, learned Arabic and taught the children to use it, and didn't make rude demands (like the woman I heard saying 'Get me a glass of wine' while not even looking at the waiter), but even so they all seemed to enjoy working here. The animation team just made the holiday and my son, who is 9, could have spent all day (and indeed tried to) playing their games. They were so very good with the kids. The evening shows too were excellent, with acrobats, singers, magicians, dancers, and the Egyptian version of whirling dervish. The show by the beach and pool was fabulous. My little girl enjoyed the mini disco but my 9 year old couldn't be persuaded to go and dance with a bunch of 5 year old girls... We are a bit ancient to be out at the beach disco but it looked like fun.

Top tip - we were in the beach bar one day chatting to the guys working there and there were about 10 guests there and the waiter said how quiet it was and that two weeks earlier it had been the Russian Orthodox holiday and that the bars, restaurants and sunbeds had been rammed, from 9.30 to closing. It seems that the hotel at full capacity is a very different beast from the hotel at part capacity (40% when we were there). So check out the Russian holidays and don't go then!

Family - we were in a family room near the waterslides pool. This is a way from the beach and restaurants but there are no family rooms nearer. The room was great, very clean and tidy although bizarrely in a family room, no bath. There was a lovely big waterfall shower and lots of marble etc, but no bath. It is laid out so you go in and the bathroom is on one side, wardrobes on the other, then there's a big room with tv, dressing table and two double beds, then a wall with a big window for light and a lockable door, then a king sized bed, or maybe bigger, another tv and dressing table and the balcony or verandah. A blind pulls down over the window for privacy. It was all immaculate and lovely. The waterslides are turned on a couple of times a day and a guy sits up at the top; some of them paid no attention at all to what was going on and others spent the time blowing their whistles incessantly to stop the stupid idiots who thought it was a good idea to just stand at the bottom of a waterslide and refuse to move. The kids' club is nearby - my daughter liked it but we'd gone in term time and there was obviously nobody for my son to play with - our fault. The staff were Lithuanian with excellent English and other languages and the films were in Russian, so we didn't use the kids' club as much as we'd expected. But my son had a whale of a time with the Animation team playing volleyball, pool games, bocca, learning Arabic and generally messing about with them.

The only negative for me (other than my immobility and the heat, which I can't blame the management for) was that the cocktails were pretty syrupy. This is pretty common all over North Africa though so I was expecting it and I daresay I avoided a few hangovers by not drinking many of them. Gin and tonic was fine for me. Oh, and I had a couple of Long Island Iced Teas one night...and a cracking hangover the next day, which I haven't had the joy of for about five years. Oh yes, just remembered that the bed was hard! It was a non-sprung stuffed mattress. I loved it and had no back pain at all, but my husband struggled. It wasn't hard like cement, but there wasn't much 'give' in it. That was his only negative at all. The only negatives from the kids was that we made them go to bed.

We were all very sorry to leave and come home. If we didn't have a rule never to stay in the same place twice (well, there's a huge world out there waiting to be explored!) we'd be back here like a shot and next time we book we'll look out for Rixos brand.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank faithpig
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived in the 12/6/14,we were very pleased with our deluxe room,very spacious & comfortable,the hotel is very large,it was only at 35% full so it did seem very big,there no complaints about cleanliness as the hotel was immaculate,the only thing I would say is the service in bar areas wasn't up to scratch there were times when we waited more than 20 for a waiter to come & ask what we wanted,also the food wasn't as nice as the magic life which is next door to the Rixos,
All in all we enjoyed our holiday but it would have been better if the service & food where just a little better than what we got

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Lorraine G
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Lorraine G

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are pleased you were satisfied with your room and cleanliness - we do encourage all our guests to speak with us during the stay in particular we like to receive feedback regarding our food quality/variety as we are always looking to improve - we offer an International Cuisine in our buffets but we are always open to suggestions. We also have 7 a la carte included in the concept - so we try to offer a very wide variety of cuisines to meet all our guests expectations.

When discussing your stay with our Guest Relation Team the day before departure you commented that you only visited 1 time the Italian in the 2 week stay as you were satisfied with the Buffet - with this comment we would of course ask for no further suggestions as we understand you were satisfied. Nevertheless we appreciate all feedback and it will be shared with our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager. Please accept our apologies regarding slow service and be assured this has also been shared with the relevant Management.

We hope you will return to us again in the future and see the changes we continue to make.

Once again thank you for your comments

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Our fourth visit to the Rixos (first was still the Royal Grand Azure) and was as excellent as ever.
A few of the staff were the same as previous years and always greeted you with a ‘welcome back’.

The hotel was only one third full when we were there which was an added bonus, loads of sunbeds at any time of the day and no problems at all booking the a la cartes,
we even went to the Italian three times (thanks Bella).
The new Turkish was fab, well worth the money ($30), they just kept bringing food out – a real feast. A word of warning though don’t go on a night there is a beach disco going on!

The staff are what makes this hotel. Shawky at the lagoon bar is excellent, and Redar at the beach bar . All the staff at the beach restaurant were fantastic too.

Hopefully we will be back for a fifth visit!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mumsonline

Dear mumsonline

Thank you once again for another lovely review - your comments and loyalty are highly appreciated.

Your comments have also been shared with the staff members mentioned

We are delighted to read we met your expectations again and we look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay

Reviewed 26 June 2014

At the Rixos for 1 week in June 2014.
What makes it so special ?
Chilled face cloths handed out at the pools and the beach.
Sunglasses cleaned at the pools and the beach.
Free ice cream kiosk by the beach.
Very polite staff.
Lots of food choices.
Twice weekly open air beach discos.
So many pools, they could never be over crowded.
Huge rooms (we were in a deluxe). Half bottle of wine, Egyptian pudding pastries, large fruit bowl and a cake large enough for 6 we're waiting in the room for us !! Bed was huge and quite firm, but was very comfortable.
Buggies & drivers to ferry you around the complex.
Excellent guest relations. Just let them know your concerns. If you are unfortunate to get a gastric problem, plain food (soup,chicken,rice,yoghurt) will be delivered free, to your room, or be made available in the restaurant if you want to dine with your partner. Guest relations will call you regularly to give advice and see how you are feeling, if you are unwell. They really are supportive.
There are 2 cash points in the hotel and 2 food / gift shops. Similar shops opposite the hotel are slightly cheaper, but you will be approached by the shop owners. A polite but firm no thank you is all that is needed. There is also a bank less than 2 minutes walk away. Over the road and turn left. This also has a cashpoint.
The shops have the standard lookalike designer watches, leather goods and converse type trainers. Don't pay more than £25 max. for a watch and £7 for the converse. The first 3 or 4 shops opposite the hotel were the cheapest.
Hotel food. You are allowed 2 visits to each of the a la carte restaurants in a week. If you wish to have a 3rd visit, speak to the restaurant managers, they will try to accommodate you.
We used 4 restaurants. Italian, Indian, Chinese, Egyptian (listed in our favoured order).
There are 2 self service restaurants, at either end of the complex. The one below the main reception is a lot quieter than the one near to the beach.
Massages in the spa were excellent. Around £50 for a coconut scrub or mud treatment, followed by a full body massage.
This hotel cannot do enough for you. Try it !!

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter. Ground floors are good if you want to sunbathe on the lawns outside your...
9  Thank DerbyUnbiased

Dear DerbyUnbiased

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us

We are delighted to read we met your expectations and you were impressed with the facilities and services we had to offer.

Unfortunately during the summer months - a few guests are prone to a few tummy problems due to the change in climate - we do try to assist as much as possible and we are pleased to read you were well looked after.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again for another memorable stay

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our second visit to the Rixos & once again the hotel & staff have stood up to the test of being at the top of the game.

We stayed in a different part of the grounds this year & was not dissapointing at all. We had a slightly side on view of the sea which was a bonus & just along the landing we could watch the sun go down over the dessert.

From the entrance with welcome drink right the way to the coral reef you will not find anything out of place in the grounds as they are immaculate. (Well done to the ground staff who have to work in the open for most of the day)

Last year I could not fault the hotel & this year is the same the small changes made have been to add to the experience of a luxury holiday. Iced face cloths & sunglasses polished around the pool all part of the deal. (Name any other hotel that does that)

The food again was to cater for all the nationalities who visit the hotel & again a vast selection was on offer in the Two main restaurants. The a La Carte restaurants are a must which can be booked by touch screen on several locations around the hotel 24 hours a day.

I have to mention the whole honeycomb at breakfast which you cut as much as you require for toast Croissants or to put on your waffle this was a great treat. After the first breakfast I never had to get a coffee of fruit juice again as the waiting staff only needed to see you the one time to remember what you like & it was on the table while you decided what to eat.

I also noticed the drinks seemed to be more european brands than last year & again my wife loved the Champagne served in any of the lounges. As for me the Mohito in all bars was great & the guy at the lagoon bar whose name I have lost made the best ice cream shakes during the day.

Guest relations are the most helpful team I have ever met in the eight years & Six different hotels we have stayed at in Sharm & can only say if you had a problem at this hotel you must of kept it quiet as the whole experience is geared to getting it perfect for your stay.

Once again I would like to thank the most important part of the hotel for our wonderful stay. So a big round of applause goes to the staff each & every one of them.

We hope to see you all again soon Shukran Jazeelan.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less foot traffic at night or early morning.
7  Thank minster34
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear minster34

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are so pleased we met your expectations and your were satisfied with the facilities and service we had to offer.

Thank you for your nice comments for the staff and they have been shared with the Management.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had the chance to be in Sharm more than 6 times ...2 of which I stayed at Rixos with other families and friends ... the Hotel in my opinion is one of the best in Sharm comming after Four Seasons and Ritz. The hotel has outstanding facilities that is well maintained. Service is great and staff is very helpfull especially around pools. Food Is ok though sometimes need more attention on the types served at the main restuarant and sometimes the deserts are not to standards ..Friuts need more attention to types and quality...but again this is expected in Egypt :)... Al La Carte Resturants are very good except that the wine served (within the All Inclusive) is very bad or poorly maintained. Bathrooms around the pools sometimes get messy but once you give a note , things get back to very good..the staff at pool bars are excellent though you need to tips sometimes (which is okay ) to give them some satisfaction in such a very warm weather sometimes ...overall ...Managing staff are attentive to comments and you can easily notice changes once you inform on any draw back ...rooms house keeping are excellent ...the only draw back is that the main resturant is far from the rooms at the upper pool ,,,night activities are excellent also ...Reception staff need to take attention of thier regular guests at check in as a part of appreciation to loyalty ...overall it is an excellent resort and it gets you away from the negative experioences you can find in other Sharm hotels. Sure you cannot compare to all inclusive hotels in Turkey. I will be at it in my next vacation summer 2014.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank AbdallaMaz

Dear AbdallaMaz

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

Your comments regarding Food Quality/Variety and Front Desk staff have been shared with the relevant Managers and will help us to improve our service in the future.

Regarding our Loyalty Program we are a member of the Global Hotel Alliance which offers our loyal guests a wide variety of privileges - please email us at sharmelsheikh@rixos.com and we can enroll you and you can start to take advantage of local experiences and much more

We look forward to welcoming you again for another enjoyable stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#3 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#62 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#12 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#2 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#4 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!