“We'll definitely be back!!”

Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Moscow, Russia
“We'll definitely be back!!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

It's been our 16th trip to Egypt and 15th visit to Sharm el Sheikh. Having been previously in such great brand hotels as Savoy, Novotel and Hilton but still being a bit tired of getting the same holiday experience in all of these hotels, we decided to try Rixos this time. The marvelous reviews here have given us high hope that we would spend unforgettable week in this hotel, and luckily, our hopes were not crushed. I can now say with confidence that Rixos is the best hotel in Sharm when it comes to service and treatment of its guests.

I do not even know what to write in this review, to be honest, because God is in the detail, and pretty much everything in Rixos is flawless. You can't really put a finger at what exactly is so good about this hotel, it just IS good in every aspect.

I do have a few things to 'complain at' but only because I am going to return to this hotel soon (and then hopefully again and again) and I want to see these things improved or added:

Wi-fi! We asked for a room closer to the reception so that we could get a better signal, and we did get the room but the wi-fi was still hit and miss like in every other part of the complex, except for the reception area itself. That can be quite frustrating when you are trying to send an email or a photo and it just stops loading in the process. Sometimes it took me over an hour to send a photo or a video. I do hope the hotel can work on improving the quality of its wi-fi signal all over the complex!

Housecleaning! The room was always ready and clean for the time we came back but after the second day the housecleaner stopped leaving hand towels for us. Another thing: there were greenflies all over our block, and many of them got inside. We had to kill some of them (otherwise they would basically sleep on us during the night) and the housecleaner did not bother removing them from the floor during our whole stay. I found it very unpleasant to look at.

And just a suggestion for the future: the hotel has so many pools, and that is great but since the sea/beach is not really suitable for people who can't dive, I'd suggest turning one of the pools into a pool with sea water -- if that's possible, of course. That would improve my holiday experience significantly.

What else... we did enjoy all the activities by the pool, at the water slides and in the evening (special thanks to Larissa, Romeo, Captain, Luca and especially to Brazilian guys and girls who are just amazing on their jobs and who have made me sweat and do yoga/Latin dances/pilates/step aerobics even at the July heat; they even inspired me to learn Portuguese!) however during our first 5-6 days we did find that the animation team (Egyptian guys) were not very interested in having any conversation with us. They just greeted us and/or invited us for some activity (and even that was not always the place) but then they just passed on to other guests - British guests for that matter - with whom they could sit and chat for half an hour. I do speak English very fluently so I found it a bit unpleasant that they'd just ignore us like this. When I did get tired of this, whenever they passed us by to say hello, I started asking them questions etc., and only then they began chatting with us and getting to know us better. I wish it did not have to happen at the end of our holiday but rather at the start.

Another thing: the hotels we have been to previously had 'libraries' where guests could leave their books for other people to borrow. I don't think Rixos has something like this - maybe because most guests are now reading from their tablets but I think it would be nice to have a shelf at the reception with free books/magazines available for guests.

Regarding the food, it was perfect but we did expect some more variety of fruits from Rixos. We saw watermelon in the main restaurants just twice and there were no strawberries at all. I know the hotels usually do not have strawberries in the buffet but we expected Rixos to be different in this regard, especially since it's a season of strawberries and you can buy 1 kg for $1 in the Old Town, according to our tour guide.

The air conditioner in our room was very loud and did not really do its work properly. The air was directed at the balcony and we found it difficult to sleep. BTW, we saw many people complaining at beds here: we found beds and pillows very comfortable. I have back problems because of my work, and after sleeping in Rixos' bed for one night, my back miraculously was no longer sore. Same can be said about any neck/headache problems and the pillows. They are just perfect.

Mini-bar: the free beverages as part of an ultra inclusive package are great but it would also be nice to have some snacks in the bar.

Again, even though it may sound like a slightly negative review, these are just tiny things that bothered us a bit but did not spoil the whole holiday. We had such a great time, we did not want to leave, and now we're already planning our next trip to Rixos Sharm el Sheikh in a few months.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room in the 4th block. It was close to the reception, Nefertiti restaurant and Oasis...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank tropicany24
Kelly W, Manager at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear tropicany24

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are delighted to read we met your expectations and you had such an enjoyable stay and we are even more delighted that we are now one of you highly ranked hotels in Sharm - especially after so many visits.

We are currently working on the wifi so it will be in all rooms - we hope this facility will be fully operating by the end of 2014.

We apologise for the Housekeeping service and that we did not meet your expectations and these comments have been shared with the Housekeeping Manager.

We have taken on board your comments regarding the Entertainment Team and the Entertainment Manager will discuss these points with them.

We do have a small book exchange facility in our Billiard Bar situated in the Rixos Lounge - here guests can leave and take books and magazines.

Once again thank you for your nice comments and feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future

Kelly Walmsley

Rixos Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (866)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful week at the Rixos. The hotel & it's staff truly go out their way to make your stay as pleasurable as they can, from check-in to check out nothing is to much trouble.
We were given a deluxe room 3134 ideal located beside the activity pool with a pool view, the room itself was huge, with large king bed, sofa, TV & we'll stocked mini bar, large bathroom with the added luxury of a separate bath & stand alone shower. The room was always immaculately clean.
There are great choices at both the Nefertiti & Zodiac restaurants, however we only used these for breakfast & lunch as we dined at the a la carte's for dinner each night. These were booked using the touch screen booking system up to 3 days in advance. We dined at the Italian, Chinese x2, Indian, Egyptian & Turkish (extra cost but def worth a visit). Food in each a la carte was exceptional!
Also have to the mention the spa at the resort, we went for a 2hr treatment on our 1st day which included sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, coconut body scrub & full body massage all for £55 each. Would highly recommend this.
All in all a great resort & holiday and will definitely look to Rixos in the future. We would highly recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank L33anne
Dear L33anne

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are delighted to read we met your expectations and you had such an enjoyable stay.

Kelly Walmsley

Rixos Hotels
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just had a lovely holiday at the Rixos, Sharm el sheik. Only went for a week kinda last minute and had a couple of hotels which I toyed with but decided on this one after looking through comments on here and friends recommendations. Here are my own findings.
We went with Thomas Cook and has a great experience from start to finish. We did our online check-in 48hrs prior to our holiday and it was amazing… We were able to relax so quickly, great flight, food etc. On arriving at Rixos they were very pleasant and took all the stress of finding our rooms dragging cases etc. Room was 18005 a little less luxury than what I thought but very clean and tidy(prob need a little updating) but fine… Position was great as we had the choice of two small pools right outside our room which suited us. The two big pools with swim up bars which were quite busy and had loads going on throughout the day if that is what you required we just stayed by the smaller, quieter pools. Hotel was only 30% full for what reason I have no idea but apparently all the hotels in Sharm were the same. We used two of the numerous themed restaurants (Italian and Chinese) They were delicious…so much so we went back to both again. Because the hotel wasn't full we found out a little late that we could of gone back to each of them 3 times…
Breakfast we used the Zodiac mostly however the Neffretiti was also available which didn't have as much choice but was more formal.
Lunch you could use either of the above but we used the seafood restaurant which was by the beach which was fantastic, they do burgers etc but better in my opinion than the stuff in the self service.
Evening you could use the Zodiac and Neffretiti or the themed restaurants which have to be booked 24hrs before and you can book them in the foyers on a self book machine.
Entertainment was not the best of an evening however we did see Kitty from Xfactor haha!…
This is a big resort hotel and the great thing is they have a little golf cart that is a shuttle free so you don't have to walk in the heat (and it was very hot) to the reception and grab an ice cream whilst you wait yum yum…
The entertainment team were very friendly and always trying to get you to take part in stuff but although we were only there for a week it did wear a bit thin after a couple of days..
They have a couple of shops in two parts of the resort one of them being open 24hrs a day and they do have a clinic on the site although there is a pharmacy just outside the complex so more cost effective to use rather than paying huge clinic bills if necessary. We did have a little upset stomach but just took imodium which I took with me and drunk sprite and lots of bottled water.

All in all I would recommend this hotel. I would also recommend you take £1 or £2 coins with you as the staff do kinda expect tips and like them in English currency and may ask you to change for notes… We took Egyptian currency in high notes so good job we had a lot of £1 coins. Hope this review helps you choose the Rixos

Room Tip: We had a superior suite, pretty close to the beach were they do have themed nights and you can hear...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank LittleLiv08
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is possibly the best hotel I have ever visited and I'm fortunate to have traveled a lot.
Its clean, immaculately tidy and grand from one end to the other. The number of pools meant they are never too busy. During the day there is something for everyone whether you want to relax or play games in the pool.
The private beach is like paradise and if you don't fancy a trip all you have to do is snorkle close to the peer to experience the beautiful sea.
The food is faultless. Pleanty of choice our personal favourite being the chinese!
The entertainment team are excellent even during a quieter time the animation team build a relationship and atmosphere for you. Special mention to Luca, Rebecca and Kumba who made our holiday exciting!
The place to be is the Tiran beach bar for a relaxing drink watching the sunset, the bartender Ahmed is a credit to the hotel and made our holiday memorable.

**I would highly recomend booking if possible through travel republic as you will be met by musef a loveable rep who will be your guide and friend for your holiday.

I cannot fault this hotel or the experience I had. Not only is the complex beautiful but it is the staff who really make your holiday one to remeber!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sian8803
london
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is a beautiful resort. If I could sum things up in a sentence it would be "there isn't a light bulb out in this hotel" and for me that says it all. The attention to detail is obviously of paramount importance to the concept of Rixos. Don't know what the mission statement is for Rixos but is must surely be "we are here for the comfort and enjoyment of our guests". Nothing is too much trouble and everything is done with a smile and with pleasure.

A few special mentions must go to Ayman and his staff at the top pool. He and his colleagues greeted us every day and served us drinks to our sun beds all day long.

The animation team led by Levian were great....special mention to Luca and Kamber, they really are in the right jobs. The entertainment was great, something for everybody...the pool games during the day were lots of fun and the parties and shows in the evening were great.

We had a deluxe room and it was very large with a big bathroom. The cleaning was of a very high standard. My only problem was with the bed which was very hard...i did have a mattress topper which kind of helped a bit. I got used to it after a few days.

I wasn't well on the first week and had 5 phone calls from customer relations to see how i was, and if i needed anything...I really felt they were genuine.

The food in the buffets is delicious and there is lots of choice. The a la carte restaurants are easily booked by machine in reception. The indian is really good, the chinese is good too. The Italian is lovely and the Egyptian is ok. The fish restaurant is really nice, you have to pay extra for prawns and lobster but the sea bream and and red mullet were delicious. By far my favourite is the Turkish which is located on the beach...you have to pay £20 each extra but it is so worth it...wonderful location and food...the service is especially good here.There are screens in the restaurants so you can watch whats happening in the kitchen...good idea.

We found no reason to go to Naama Bay, having been there many time before...but if you leave the hotel and turn right Nabq Bay has its own little shopping area with a Hard Rock, Starbucks etc. Less hassle than Naama Bay and converse are still £10 a pair wherever you go. Went to Soho square one evening, stayed 1 hour...somebody was rude to me...so got in next bus back....Nobody is rude to you at the Rixos and it came as a shock.

The reef is amazing....best in 6 years of visiting Egypt...the guys at the end of the jetty were so friendly and informative....I watched them reassure and help people who were nervous of the sea which was a bit rough...they also have life jackets down there.

The beach is lovely with a great beach bar. There are loads of pools (noisy, quiet, very quiet and graveyard quiet) with stacks of sun beds..and umbrellas.

Thank you to everybody at the Rixos for an amazing holiday from Management down to the hard working gardeners who keep the hotel looking so beautiful. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank louise01London
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The resort was absolutely beautiful and mesmorising from the moment you step into reception. Our room was always clean on our return in the evenings, and the size and comfort of the room was brilliant - I could not fault it.
Also, our room was within walking distance to one of the many pools they had on the resort, which never felt overcrowded, and was always the perfect temperature. You are also always given a fresh cool hand towel twice a day at the pools and beach!
The hotel staff at reception were amazing and always very helpful, and at every restaurant we were given plenty of attention and care - especially at the Italian restaurant who didn't stop with the drinks and desserts!
The best of all were the staff at the beach, including the sports event on the beach run by Romeo, he really made our holiday at the resort more fun, engaging, and introduced us to the evening shows on the resort near the executive lounge. He made our holiday more fulfilling during our stay, and we will definitely hope to return to Rixos very soon.

Room Tip: Our room was in block 10, which we found perfect as it was located in the middle of the resort - so...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Isma S
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Rixos for ten nights in March and it was the best holiday we have ever had,we liked it that much were going back in September with our daughter and her boyfriend. Loved the lagoon pool so relaxing.Food was excellent especially the Italian restaurant. Cannot wait to return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
#2 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,182 reviews
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#15 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,965 reviews
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#4 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,622 reviews
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#5 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,914 reviews

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!