“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just spent 10 days at Rixos Sharm El Sheikh which was a 30th birthday family celebration and proved to be just magical. Cannot speak highly enough about the hotel, staff, accommodation, restaurants and entertainment. Could not have wished for more than was provided and Kelly Walmsley the head of Guest Relations was fantastic together with her great team of staff who simply made the whole experience unforgettable and we will most definitely make a return visit. Spotlessly clean everywhere with staff who were only too pleased to attend to our needs with courtesy and a smile. Standard of the food was first class with excellent choice of 7 restaurants, only drawback was the inevitable weight gain!! Give it a try, you won't be disappointed

Room Tip: Go for a room with a patio facing the pools, great for nipping back and forth especially with childr...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Julie K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (871)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Although this review is very late, I have been meaning to share with everyone how impeccable this hotel and all its staff really are. My fiance and I visited in May of this year, and after reading so many positive reviews on trip advisor, we were extremely excited! From the moment we arrived, we were in awe of the size of the hotel, the cleanliness and how friendly everyone was! The staff work day and night to meet all your requirements, the food in all the restaurants was outstanding! I cannot at all fault anything. My fiance and I celebrated our anniversary on the beach, with a candlelit dinner which the hotel organised to up-most perfection, and Im so lucky to say I was proposed too, and the staff turned this night into a fairy tale :) a big shout out to Bella, who made sure every detail was attended too (and I hope your reading this Bella!) Were DEFINITELY returning and my fiance and I still reminisce about our memories spent at the Rixos. Keep up the amazing work and we miss every single staff member.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank poonam15_shah
Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We went as two couples staying in deluxe rooms, this was our fourth visit to Sharm. The hotel is excellent, with very good quality food, and fantastic staff. Its a very large hotel, which allows you to find a quite area, or join in depending upon your mood or preference. We stayed from the 26th June 2014 untill the 5th July 2014. we would definatley come back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank David W
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Firstly can I apologise for the late write up on this fantastic hotel..as work has been flat out since I came Bach off holiday.
Well what can I say that nobody else has already said about the hotel and the very very helpfull staff? I came on holiday on my own and from the minute I walked in,to the second I left I was treated with the highest standard I have ever been treated to.
All the waiters could not do enough for you and always smiling and making me laugh.
The groundsmen do a fantastic job of keeping the grounds immaculate.
And then there's the animation team? Romeo and Rebecca are a credit to the team, from mornin till night they are always on the go and always happy to help.
The food at the rixos is fabulous.theres 7 a la carte to choose from..and I would highly recommend all 7 as they were all fantastic..I've been to Egypt 4 times now and it's the first time I've not had Egyptian belly..
I could go on and on about this hotel but TRUST ME..this hotel is a little gem..
So much so I have already booked up to go back as a solo traveler again for Xmas and new year.
I land on the 22nd of December so I will see you's all again for yet another fantastic holiday..and what fantastic place to spend my Xmas and new year..
See you's all soon..
David

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank david g
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Rixos Sharm El Sheikh is one of the best hotels that I have ever staying in. The service is super, hotel facilities are amazing, rooms are spacious and very clean. Food is out of this world especially the Indian Restaurant, Taj Mahal and the Sea food restaurant. I will definitely stay there again. Wifi is only available at the lobby and sometimes if you're lucky, you can get a connection outdoor. No wifi inside rooms.

Room Tip: If you have kids, stay at rooms next to the Kid's club.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank RAK971
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We arrived with friends in the evening on 7th July for one week. From the moment we stepped inside the hotel reception we were treated like royalty! We knew we were about to experience something special when the reception staff put on our leather all inclusive bracelets! As we arrived late in the evening we thought we had missed dinner but there was no need to worry as there is a supper sitting in the Zodiac restaurant with a good choice of hot and cold food from 11pm till 2am!

This is the last day of stay and I can honestly say that I speak for all four of us when I say that it has been a fabulous experience with no negatives whatsoever. If you want to walk through this paradise in the desert it is beautiful, however there are electric buggies running day and night which you can either book or just hop on when you see one.

The food is fantastic and so much choice at the Zodiac buffet restaurant. The a la carte restaurants are superb and we ate at the Italian and the Indian twice and the Chinese. All were excellent. We spent a lot of our time in the beach bar where the two Mohamed's looked after us especially well before they went on their annual vacation. All the staff are more than helpful and friendly and like to have a laugh and joke.

During the day we spent our time at the pool with swim up bar and again the towel staff couldn't do enough even cleaning our specs!

The room quality is superb with the mini fridge filled daily and all part of the all inclusive!

I could continue raving on about this hotel for another ten paragraphs but needless to say we would recommend to anyone and we will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gordon R
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed as a couple at the Rixos 22/6 to 6/7 in a junior suite.

Arrival at the airport.
As it's our fifth trip to Sharm, we're used to the usual hustling of people towards the terminals to get visas irrespective of whether they need one or not, we didn't. Unfortunately the representative from the transfer company Sun International had advised one of his colleagues inside the terminal our personal details so we were subjected to a more personal hustle followed by being to f*** off when we refused. This was an interesting welcome to Egypt from Sun International. It didn't end there sadly. As we'd refused the less than pleasant offer of help to get a visa, we then faced further difficulties outside with Khaled from SI. Cutting a long story short, I was surrounded by four Egyptian gentlemen outside the arrivals hall advising me I needed to treat them with more respect - a bizarre and slightly surreal experience. Genuinely, I wasn't frightened by this intimidating behaviour, but many could have been. When we finally got to the car, the transfer was very smooth with a friendly driver. If you book Rixos through Travel Republic and a transfer, Sun International are their handling agents and Reps at the Rixos. It wasn't a great start.

Hotel
On arrival at the hotel, our check in was processed efficiently and we were driven to our room. This was a very impressive junior suite with garden, pool and sea views. It was cleaned to a very high standard by two different cleaners during our stay - perfect! It was also pleasant to have a free minibar in our room containing mainly soft drinks and also a couple of cans of beer, something I've not experienced in Egypt before. The bathroom was huge with a good range of complimentary cosmetics etc. The walk in wardrobe had an adequate supply of hangers, hanging space and drawers. No iron or board in the room though, not an issue for us but to some it may be.

Restaurants
We mainly dined in the Zodiac restaurant, not entirely through choice, my partner was ill after the first week so she was limited to a very bland diet. We visited 5 a la cartes prior to this though, the best being the seafood and Egyptian restaurants both in terms of service and food quality.
The best lunch restaurant in our opinion is the beach restaurant that doubles as the seafood in the evenings. I wouldn't advise using the lagoon pool restaurant at lunchtime. We did once on our first day and it was a real letdown. Greasy fries and a choice of toasted sandwich in a polystyrene tray, it certainly wasn't good.

Entertainment
We watched the entertainment occasionally during our stay. It was hit and miss to be honest but above average from my previous experience of Egyptian hotels. Beach parties were fun.

Bars
Lobby bar was good service, too many waiters to mention. Good quality drinks.
Lagoon pool bar - we received excellent service from Mishael at this bar during the day, always with a smile, despite the heat and occasional rude guests. A credit to the hotel.
Beach bar - Mohammed and Shaltoot were fantastic. Welcoming, polite, efficient, humorous and with an attention to detail second to none. We had a Cabana on our last day and the experience was faultless. There was some confusion about the reservation and a problem with the TV which Shaltoot dealt with immediately. This became our favourite bar. These guys also made my 40th birthday one to remember for a long time.

Spa
Reasonable prices and again excellent service.

Guest relations
Generally very helpful and efficient.

Now a moan
During our stay, my partner became quite ill. The hotel doctor initially diagnosed this as dysentery. When we queried how it could be dysentery, which is linked to consuming human faeces, he changed his diagnosis to gastroenteritis. Two drips and a few pills and it was all ok. However, I did get a little annoyed at the standard lines for what could have caused the illness from guest relations. This is how it goes -
Q. Has she eaten something spicy?
A. So you think we have a diet of bread and water or fish and chips at home?

Q. Has she had too much sun?
A. My partner is pregnant so we were extremely careful not to be lying or sitting in direct sunlight at any stage

Q. Has she drunk enough water/too much alcohol?
A. Apart from one glass of wine on my birthday, all she drank was water

Q. Was the water too cold?
A. Dysentery/gastroenteritis - really??? Besides, I didn't come across a single bottle of water that could be classed as icy during our whole stay

Q. Could it be something to do with contaminated food in the hotel?
This question wasn't asked although we were asked if we could have caught it on an excursion. We hadn't been on an excursion at this stage of the holiday.

We did try to point out to guest relations we had concerns over guests handling food and then putting it back. I concede this is very difficult to deal with. However, having been to Sensatori, where use of hand sanitisers is mandatory when entering restaurants, on a number of occasions without any illness in over 6 weeks of visits, simply providing and encouraging the use of hand sanitisers at the entrance to the restaurants really does work. This was pointed out to guest relations but we saw no changes in our second week. I really hope this is addressed as we certainly weren't the only people who suffered similar problems at this hotel during our stay.
The hygiene standards of the staff is exemplary and it is unfortunate that this is wasted by guests handling food with dirty hands and replacing it.

Finally, a mention to Romeo. It really is impossible to describe this guy until you meet him. Funny, engaging, loud, interesting - it's not working. Book the Rixos if for no other reason than to meet up with a top bloke - he even got me taking part in activities, something which hasn't happened in the last 20 years on holiday.

So many have said it but the staff really do take Rixos to a level above. I've mentioned a few but I'm sure everyone who visits Rixos has had similar experiences with other staff members. They really are a cut above the rest.

Despite my moan, I'm sure we will return in the future to Rixos and the staff make it deserving of a five star rating.

Room Tip: The junior suites are worth the money and appear to have a good location for all hotel amenities.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#58 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#12 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#3 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!