We booked this as an alternative to the Savoy (which we like) and it did not disappoint. Rooms are large and airy with good air con. We needed a minor repair in the room at 2am and an engineer appeared in 20 mins! Trust me that is unusual in any hotel. The resort is effectively 3 tiers from the main reception down to the sea, with room blocks around multiple pools. Rooms either front onto pool or garden. The bottom tier have sea views. The top pool is lively/noisy with the kids pool and slides, its not excessive, but could be an issue. The mid tier surrounds the largest pools and a pool bar, the third is closest the sea and the restaurants.
We had a family room and 2 superior singles. The family room is generous sized, 1 Dbl and 2 Sgl beds separated by a glass partition and door. 2 TV's.
Superior rooms are very big, with better fixtures. Both rooms were well serviced by cleaning staff every day.
There are several A La Carte restaurants from around the globe, which are pre booked online. All the food was good, but nothing was more than good. Sometimes it appeared that they were skimping on the more expensive ingredients. The 2 buffet restaurants have a wide choice of food to suit all tastes. Waiting staff were all very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was again good. We had no illness from the food.
Entertainment is comprehensive, but not over bearing. Basically, its there if you want to join in. Nightly shows were well presented by an enthusiastic team.
Gym was well equipped and there are instructors for water aerobics and yoga etc.
I was very impressed by the Reception Staff and the Guest Relations team. They went very far beyond what was required to sort out a few wrinkles that we had with our holiday. These people really want you to have a good time.
Very few criticisms, main one is that the quality of the all inclusive spirits is poor, no matter what it says on the bottle.
Top Tip - take mosquito repellent for you and the room.
Overall - go with confidence, you will find it hard not to have a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel and Odigeo so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay