Two things struck me at Rixos.
1. The staff really are wonderful and friendly and that counts for a lot. I had read reviews before I booked and young Mohammed at the beach bar is the legend they say he is. We spent most of our time there.
2. If you like to generally complain you will find things to complain about. If you can chill you'll have a great time.
Positive: Food is fresh & good and lots of choice. A la carte was good especially the Italian where the Chef came out to speak to us and ask us what we'd like him to cook for us. We ate in Nefertiti a lot (no kids under 12) but also in Zodiac (lots of young'uns), & enjoyed the food & ambience. Beach bar was fab. Lots of trips you can do but best do with eg Sinaisafari Adventures who are great, cheaper & do more stuff. The two trips I wanted to do the hotel said no. Staff all great including guest relations who are all lovely. They aim to please and they do care. Cocktails are great.
Negative: The only bad food experience we had was at the Taj Mahal where they were very rude and obnoxious and so we just left mid meal. You may well get Pharoah's revenge btw - we both did and lots of others. Not sure you can blame the hotel food prep for that but imodium is a bad idea. Go to the local pharmacist to speed remedy & enjoy the rest of your hols. There are two main pools really (but 10 in all). One of these two were closed almost every day as people were defacating in the pool. Conspiracy theorists say it was deliberate and even that it was corporate sabotage. I suspect pharoah's revenge and kids having a bet/laugh. Either way, it happened far too often. There was some drama around people getting drunk and fighting or collapsing. The staff take some crap there but they managed it pretty well. Although they advertise serving branded drinks, if you want eg a quality brandy, be specific otherwise you'll get the moonshine,
In summary, I would probably not go back but I did have a really nice and fun time. Drunks are generally nice, right?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay