“Outstanding”

Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 2 June 2010

PLEASE READ ALL REVIEW!

I just got back from this hotel and all i can say is it is amazing. I cannot fault anything except they didnt fix the jetty plank till the day before we left, which is now open for snorkelling, but we were allowed on the other one.

The main buffet restaurants food is incredible, so much choice and available whenever. Me and my sister ate nearly every dish they had and never had any stomach problems but other people from other hotels told us they did.

The staff is incredible, they cant do enough for you. We waited an hour to get checked in due to an internet issue we had with them so they then gave us one of the best rooms there with our own private pool right on the sea front.

The pools are great, always clean and look lovely, always cool. The rooms get cleaned properly every day and even our pool filter was cleaned every morning before we awoke. They also moved out sun beds into where the sun was for us!

The beds were very comfortable and we slept great every single night. The staff are always welcoming, even the waiters remembered what drinks we had after a day or two and brought it to our table without even us asking from then on. The view is just amazing.

I also would like to recommend the ultimate desert experience trip we went on. Well worth the money! quad biking through the desert, food was great, great entertainment and shisha pipes in a tent.

We are going back in September for a longer stay, maybe 2 weeks this time i cant get enough of this place. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel, we had no issues and was better than i expected.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,391)

Reviewed 1 June 2010

Just returned from a fabulous holiday at this resort. Travelled with young children and had some fears over the food which were totally unfounded. The staff excelled themselves and were a pleasure. We are returning for longer next year.
As far as the cmments regarding the Russians attitude is concerned I did not see any evidence of this. The most I would say is that they are nowhere near as bad as some British I have seen abroad. Most were very friendly and encouraged the children to play together. Do not hesitate to book this resort. Fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank chatz4
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Royal Grand Azure from 8th May – 22nd May 2010 and we booked our holiday through First Choice.

Although a fantastic hotel that will one day be worth 5 stars, at the moment due to inconsistencies and the hotel not being complete, we decided it is a 4 star.

When arriving at the hotel we were checked in quickly and shown to our room by one of the bell boys which was a relief as we arrived quite late on the Saturday night. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite for free and didn’t realise this until show to our room. The room was fantastic and we were very excitable to be given the room we had. We had one of the rooms which overlooks the swimming pool and the main buffet restaurant near the beach. We couldn’t of been placed in a better location. The bedroom and bathroom were immaculate and were cleaned every day. We sometimes left the cleaner a small tip, but not every day. We didn’t have any drinks in the fridge when we arrived which was a bit annoying but we stocked the fridge up daily with bottles of water which you can get from any bar around the hotel. If you are not happy with your room it is worth asking reception to be moved into a suite as quite a few people who were at the hotel the same time as us weren’t happy with their room and got upgraded to a suite for free.

The food – we have experienced all inclusive hotels before and the main buffet restaurant at this hotel was good and of course it gets repetitive, especially if you stay there for two weeks. Now to the inconsistencies. I like my bowl of cereal at breakfast and when we first arrived there was a selection of 4 different cereals to choose from which I was happy with. But after the first week of our stay it went down to 2 choices of cereal and then on our final day there was no cereal at all. Luckily they make good fresh pancakes and waffles! In the evening the main buffet restaurant could get quite busy so we found it best to get there just at 7 to find a seat and get a drink. Sometimes when it is too busy the staff cant cope with the amount of people in the main buffet restaurant. I felt quite sorry for them. We went to both a la carte restaurants twice. You can book the a la carte restaurants as many times as you wish throughout your stay. I would advise to book a couple of days in advance as they have two sittings, 7:00p.m and 9:00p.m so its better to book a bit early so you can eat at the time which suites you best. The first time we went to the Italian it was lovely, both my meal and my boyfriends tasted and looked good, the waiters were amazing and we even tipped them. The second time we went it was awful. It took them 30minutes to serve us our drinks, I had the same starter and main as I did the first time we went there and my starter and main tasted totally different. I had bruschetta and it had tomato ketchup drizzled round the plate and also my main course of seafood risotto had ketchup round the plate as well. Odd. The Indian was interesting as well, I had a starter of plain yoghurt with chopped cucumber and that was it and it was served in quite a big bowl. I just couldn’t eat a massive bowl of yoghurt and cucumber. My boyfriend had a curry which said it was tomato and onions with spices and it came out a creamy colour!? Also the desserts are strange too, someone advised us not to go for the carrot one as they said it was like carrot soup, but I had one which was like rice pudding but cold. I quite liked it but there were only two desserts to choose from. For lunch we got fed up of going to the buffet restaurant, so we visited the pool bar which do snacks. They do rolls with fillings such as tuna, cheese, salad, salami (I think, but it looked a bit strange) and a hot option of beef cooked with onions. They also did chips, but I brought some crisps from back home so I was eating them with my tuna roll.

The beach – the beach was very clean and well looked after. Whilst we were there they were doing some work on the jetty so you weren’t able to get in a swim. Also when the tide is bad you cant swim anyway as the waves were crashing into the jetty. There is a little area where there is no coral and you could go in to the water up to about hip height which was quite nice but it does get crowded around that little area. The fishes are amazing to look at along the jetty.

The pools – the poolside attendants were great and really friendly. We sometimes tipped them but you don’t have to. They will sometimes put the towel on the sun lounger for you and get you an umbrella if you need one. And if you want an umbrella ask for it because the Russian’s go around taking peoples umbrella’s (they didn’t care!). We sat by the pool by the main buffet restaurant a few times as it is quieter there and more breezy but we also sat by the main pool with the pool bar. This area was more loud as they played music most of the time which can get annoying if you want to have a snooze or read your book. And some of the music they played would be something you would here an Ibiza night club.

We did four trips during our stay and I would recommend them to anyone going with First Choice or Thomson. They were Ultimate Dessert Experience (definitely more for the men as it is quad biking), Cairo by air (visiting the pyramids), VIP cruise (snorkelling with amazing fish) and Sinai by starlight (watching the stars in the dessert, camel ride, bread making with the Bedouins and dancing round the fire).

Warning about tipping, they will accept dollars, pounds and euro. We took Egyptian pounds which we found really hard to change up into small change and this made it difficult to tip in small amounts. Everyone we asked (even in the hotel) wouldn’t change up a 50 Egyptian pounds (roughly £6). And our rep did warn us that when you pay for something they wont give you change so you have to give the right money. You wont get any change back!

The world of cuisines is no way near complete when we were there. But once it is complete I am sure this will be fantastic and give people more selection of food.

Overall a fantastic holiday and I have recommended friends and family to go to this hotel.

Oh and I nearly forgot to say, the beds are really hard. It was like sleeping on a wooden bench!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SMP85
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Its really difficult to give a fair review of this hotel as it is unfinished and very poor workmanship.

The positives, its only 10 mins from the airport and we weren't at all affected by this. The room was enormous, with two small double beds. The bathroom was the biggest I have ever seen and was kept spotless. The food was wonderful, loads of choices and definately something for everyone. The grounds are beautifully kept and there were plenty of beds around the pool and clean beach towels available every day.

The down side, check in took for ever- the Tropicana had apparently been overbooked so there were quite a number of people having to be reallocated accommodation at our hotel. There were a number of problems with the room, patio doors didn't lock, air conditioning wasn't working, no plug in the bath although shower was fine. Around the resort, many of the floors were made of marble including the stairs to the rooms and when these were wet they were absolutely tretcherous, we had several near misses much as we tried to be careful.

The entertainment was pretty awful and children over 7 really weren't catered for at all - hopefully the rapidly expanding new team will work on this.

All the staff were very professional however, there really is a tipping culture and it was very obvious who the tippers were and who weren't!

It was incredibly windy the week we were there and there was very little opportunity to snorkle which was a great shame.

I hope this review doesn't sound too negative because it really was a beautiful hotel, it just needs finishing off!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2010

OK, so let's start with the good news. The grounds, when they mature will be awesome, and only Mother Nature can fix that. The pools are wonderful, and there's plenty of space. The rooms are well appointed, and have all the usual suspects ( flat screen tv, mini bar ) and a lovely furnished balcony.
The overall room spec was very good.
Ours I suppose was a side sea view, although we also had a view of the building work that is taking place at the property to add a further 200 rooms. No noise or dust disturbance though. I must stress that this work did not affect my stay at all.
I was quite surprised at the amount of 'stuff' there was on the main road in Nabq. Shops, malls, banks. This too is a good thing. The beach was lovely, and the sea was clear.

Things that need to improve.
Some of staff were surly, and needed some guidance from top level management of appropriate levels of behaviour.
The food in the buffet restaurant was not 5* by any stretch of the imagination
The entry level rooms - geeesh those beds were hard ! And the bathroom didn't have anywhere to hook the shower head. So if you're cack-handed, like me, you're trying to wash your hair with your shampoo bottle in one hand and the shower head in the other.

If the hotel can sort out the food in the buffet restaurant, take a few of the staff off to charm school, and fix the shower problem, it is potentially a very nice property.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank miss_minervois
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Currently staying at this hotel on our honeymoon. Great hotel with masses of space and must be around 6 swimming pools ( haven't used all of them). Food very good and in addition to standard buffet there is also 4 a la carte restaurants serving indian, Chinese, Italian and Egyptian cuisines. Unfortunately you can only use Each restaurant once during your stay however buffet is good so happy to eat there most nights.

All inclusive is good - all drink (local) is included except champagne and bottles of water ARE included!

Rooms are great and spacious with good air con units. Staff are great. Entertainment in the evening is not great but bareable and there is an English bar 10 minute walk away for England world cup matches!!

Only one disappointment stay is that jetty on the privare beach is currently being repaired so have only managed to snorkel once in the week yet when you do get s chance it is fantastic.

Average temperature over the past week has been around 37 - 38 degrees c so nice and hot. Do bring lots of sun cream - the shop does sell but it is cheaper at home.

Overall a great honeymoon destination so far - just hope the jetty is fixed very soon!

2  Thank dawsjam
Reviewed 23 May 2010

As with majority of recent reviews we had a very relaxing and enjoyable week at this hotel - Our first in Egypt. It would seem they are trying to improve their service on a daily basis from the feedback residents provide and the staff would always fix whatever you requested quickly and with a smile - To be fair we can be quite demanding guests so this was a real positive and made us feel welcome and looked after!.
The grounds and swimming pools were excellent and immaculately maintained.Cleanliness at this hotel was really good and the building works didnt affect our stay at all.
We received an automatic upgrade to a junior suite on arrival and the room was large, spacious and had spectacular views across the resort.
The food was fine at all restaurants and on some occasions really good!! - Make sure you book the a la carte restaurants a couple of days in advance.
Yes, the Russians are rude and arrogant to everyone but if you treat them the same then they soon back down - They are very entertaining to watch though and im sure they will grow up in time !!!
Negatives were - They need to fix and upgrade the jetty leading out to the sea as this is dangerous and was closed the last two days of our holiday as the steps and railings had fallen into the sea!!
Pool bar food/snacks could be better quality and increase range of choice
More consistent service in main restaurant at peak times
That said, overall we had a really enjoyable experience at the Royal Azure and would definitely go back next year

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maboali
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#5 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#9 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#2 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#4 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Steigenberger Alcazar
Steigenberger Alcazar
#1 of 33 in Nabq Bay

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!