We were moved to this hotel 5 days before we traveled as the Tropicana Grand Azure was overbooked and although we were a bit dubious before we arrived those fears were forgotten as soon as we got to the hotel.
We were checked in speedily and our luggage was taken to our room immediately by the friendly porter. He showed us around our room and we were delighted to see we had been upgraded to a junior suite. The suite was massive it had a dressing area with wardrobe space and a safety deposit box, a nice living area with a fridge, tea and coffee facilities two sofas and a LCD TV. The bedroom area had two beds which were almost the size of a double beds so no problem there and the bathroom was huge with a bath, shower and 2 sinks. It was all spotless and air conditioned.
The pool area was also big too with several pools to choose from and lots of sunbeds surrounding them. The only minor gripe i'd have is there was not enough parasols for the amount of sunbeds so unless you get up at 7 and reserve one its very difficult to get any respite from the sun.
The restuarants were also very good. The Zodiac buffet restuarant is full of a wide range of different dishes some served on the hotplates and others cooked fresh in front of you. We went to the Italian al Carte and the Chinese during our stay and the quality of food and service in these is fantastic.
The beach area is kept very clean and snorkeling is available from the end of the jetty which is really worthwhile as the sea is so clear and some of the sights are amazing. The gardens are kept in immaculate condition and there always staff working on them.
The staff in the hotel are great and are only too happy to help you with anything, we only tipped a few of them but recieved great service from all of them. And the First Choice Rep Ahmed was good too, he seemed to always be available and even sorted us a late checkout for no extra charge.
Overall we had a fab time and would love to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay