“Fantastic Hotel, Would Love to go back”

Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Norwich
“Fantastic Hotel, Would Love to go back”
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We were moved to this hotel 5 days before we traveled as the Tropicana Grand Azure was overbooked and although we were a bit dubious before we arrived those fears were forgotten as soon as we got to the hotel.
We were checked in speedily and our luggage was taken to our room immediately by the friendly porter. He showed us around our room and we were delighted to see we had been upgraded to a junior suite. The suite was massive it had a dressing area with wardrobe space and a safety deposit box, a nice living area with a fridge, tea and coffee facilities two sofas and a LCD TV. The bedroom area had two beds which were almost the size of a double beds so no problem there and the bathroom was huge with a bath, shower and 2 sinks. It was all spotless and air conditioned.
The pool area was also big too with several pools to choose from and lots of sunbeds surrounding them. The only minor gripe i'd have is there was not enough parasols for the amount of sunbeds so unless you get up at 7 and reserve one its very difficult to get any respite from the sun.
The restuarants were also very good. The Zodiac buffet restuarant is full of a wide range of different dishes some served on the hotplates and others cooked fresh in front of you. We went to the Italian al Carte and the Chinese during our stay and the quality of food and service in these is fantastic.
The beach area is kept very clean and snorkeling is available from the end of the jetty which is really worthwhile as the sea is so clear and some of the sights are amazing. The gardens are kept in immaculate condition and there always staff working on them.
The staff in the hotel are great and are only too happy to help you with anything, we only tipped a few of them but recieved great service from all of them. And the First Choice Rep Ahmed was good too, he seemed to always be available and even sorted us a late checkout for no extra charge.
Overall we had a fab time and would love to go back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JamesL77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (868)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 June 2010

Just came back. The Hotel was good the grounds do blow you away when you arrive, very large and there are plenty of beds. great location, very friendly staff, The main buffet restaurants food is incredible, so much choice and available whenever. The beds were very comfortable and we slept great every single night. We had great sea view and nice bed.beware outside the hotel everyone is after your money and will try and rip you off.

Myself and my partner did suffered stomach upset and this was when our problems started as we were told by our rep ahmad in the welcome meeting not to take Imodium and to get in contact with him in case we get any stomach upset because he have a magic pill for this ??!!! it was my wife first who got it so we were first asked by the rep to buy some medications from him and when I refused and asked a doctor for my wife he told me that if I will go to the hotel doctor he will charge me so much money about 250 quid just to see my wife and give her injection and tablet ( which proved to be a big lie from our rep later!!!! ) so the rep sent us to another clinic in concord hotel by the hotel taxi to which we paid 100 Egyptian dollar and when we got there in this clinic it was so small room and unclean and we were very frightened from it but my wife received their 2 injection and medications and the doctor their make us to pay 200 Quid because he does not work with our insurance company and offered us to write a receipt with higher amount to claim from our insurance which we refused ..Is this a real doctor!!!!

One day later me also got the same so I went to see the onsite doctor..the clinic was so clean and the doctor there was nice and always smiling and I even shared with him some time playing on his playstation in his break….i was charged only 80 quid for the examination, injection and medication and follow up !!!! we were so surprised for the lies which was told to us by the Thomson rep regarding the onsite clinic fees but later we understood why he did this when we heard from the hotel taxi driver who drove us the concord clinic that the rep get 50 quid for each case he send to this outside clinic that is why he try to deceive people and say lies about the onsite clinic..

I just wished to write this review to warn all people from such behavior done by this Thomson rep who was supposed to help us not to deceive us to make profit.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank julietlover
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Our party of 8 got transfered to this hotel when LTI grand azure over booked. What a fantastic place to stay. The food was delicious. The rooms were modern and big. The pool area was amazing for both adults and children with a delightful swim up bar. The staff were very helpful and pleasant especially Mohammed the towel boy outside reception area. Animation team were funny. Massages were great. The hotel was stunning, i look forward to coming again soon.x

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Surrey
Reviewed 3 June 2010

6 of us stayed at this hotel from 24th April - 1st May, ages between 23 and 60. We chose this hotel as it looked fab and the price at the time of booking was good value. When booking in February we paid extra to book 3 suites as this included 'vip extras' such as, one free laundry service, mini bar stocked, tea and coffee, bathrobes and slippers, international drinks etc. Just before we left for our holiday though, these extra's were taken off and although brought up with the manager at the hotel we did not receive them.

When arriving at the hotel check in was a little slow. We had requested two rooms not on the ground floor and one with private pool. Unfortunately the room with the private pool was very dirty so we changed and moved up to be with the rest of the group. Rooms were cleaned to a very basic standard. On the first day we were supplied with face clothes and hand towels, once we left these in the bath for clean ones to be supplied we never received them. Only half a toilet roll was left each day through the week and I often had to go walk about to find a cleaner to request an extra one put in our room. Floors were washed but a plaster was left in the middle of the floor and that stayed there for the whole week. There are several rugs in your room but these are never vacuumed and felt very dirty by the end of the week - we left a £2 tip every day.

The grounds are lovely but as you walk through you can see that the building standards are not 5star. Tiles missing, grout all over the place, rest in the bathroom already - Our shower door did not close. These do not impact on your holiday but does make it feel a little less luxurious.

The swimming pools are large, a little cold but fine once you are in. Swim up bar serves drinks and snacks but only after 10am. If you have breakfast at 7am you are dying for a drink by then. There is an animation team who try to get everyone involved but no one really took to them.

Buffet restaurants fine, but most food strangely all tasted the same, could be bored of it at the end of two weeks. None of us got upset tummies from the food which was good. They kept it all very hot - to hot infact. One morning I lifted the tray up, and extremely hot steam came out from it. This resulted in a very nasty and sore burn. I have to say the manager who was on that morning ran around getting me ice and cream to put on it and could not apologise enough - was not his fault. For the rest of the week every time I went into the resr had a member of staff take my plate and open every lid for me - lovely but unnecessary!

We ate in the Italian and Indian - both very nice, will be good when the other restaurants open.

All staff were very friendly which made part of the holiday, apart from the odd member of staff who asked for tips!! One of our group became ill and had to go to the onsite doctor - the room he was based in was very unclean!!! but he was fine.

I think once the hotel is completed it will be lovely - have seen prices for next year and they are as expensive as hotels such as Savoy etc. Hope this review helps - any questions please ask!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lovelyholidaysSurrey
UK
Reviewed 2 June 2010

PLEASE READ ALL REVIEW!

I just got back from this hotel and all i can say is it is amazing. I cannot fault anything except they didnt fix the jetty plank till the day before we left, which is now open for snorkelling, but we were allowed on the other one.

The main buffet restaurants food is incredible, so much choice and available whenever. Me and my sister ate nearly every dish they had and never had any stomach problems but other people from other hotels told us they did.

The staff is incredible, they cant do enough for you. We waited an hour to get checked in due to an internet issue we had with them so they then gave us one of the best rooms there with our own private pool right on the sea front.

The pools are great, always clean and look lovely, always cool. The rooms get cleaned properly every day and even our pool filter was cleaned every morning before we awoke. They also moved out sun beds into where the sun was for us!

The beds were very comfortable and we slept great every single night. The staff are always welcoming, even the waiters remembered what drinks we had after a day or two and brought it to our table without even us asking from then on. The view is just amazing.

I also would like to recommend the ultimate desert experience trip we went on. Well worth the money! quad biking through the desert, food was great, great entertainment and shisha pipes in a tent.

We are going back in September for a longer stay, maybe 2 weeks this time i cant get enough of this place. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel, we had no issues and was better than i expected.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
swansea
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Just returned from a fabulous holiday at this resort. Travelled with young children and had some fears over the food which were totally unfounded. The staff excelled themselves and were a pleasure. We are returning for longer next year.
As far as the cmments regarding the Russians attitude is concerned I did not see any evidence of this. The most I would say is that they are nowhere near as bad as some British I have seen abroad. Most were very friendly and encouraged the children to play together. Do not hesitate to book this resort. Fantastic.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank chatz4
Bristol
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Royal Grand Azure from 8th May – 22nd May 2010 and we booked our holiday through First Choice.

Although a fantastic hotel that will one day be worth 5 stars, at the moment due to inconsistencies and the hotel not being complete, we decided it is a 4 star.

When arriving at the hotel we were checked in quickly and shown to our room by one of the bell boys which was a relief as we arrived quite late on the Saturday night. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite for free and didn’t realise this until show to our room. The room was fantastic and we were very excitable to be given the room we had. We had one of the rooms which overlooks the swimming pool and the main buffet restaurant near the beach. We couldn’t of been placed in a better location. The bedroom and bathroom were immaculate and were cleaned every day. We sometimes left the cleaner a small tip, but not every day. We didn’t have any drinks in the fridge when we arrived which was a bit annoying but we stocked the fridge up daily with bottles of water which you can get from any bar around the hotel. If you are not happy with your room it is worth asking reception to be moved into a suite as quite a few people who were at the hotel the same time as us weren’t happy with their room and got upgraded to a suite for free.

The food – we have experienced all inclusive hotels before and the main buffet restaurant at this hotel was good and of course it gets repetitive, especially if you stay there for two weeks. Now to the inconsistencies. I like my bowl of cereal at breakfast and when we first arrived there was a selection of 4 different cereals to choose from which I was happy with. But after the first week of our stay it went down to 2 choices of cereal and then on our final day there was no cereal at all. Luckily they make good fresh pancakes and waffles! In the evening the main buffet restaurant could get quite busy so we found it best to get there just at 7 to find a seat and get a drink. Sometimes when it is too busy the staff cant cope with the amount of people in the main buffet restaurant. I felt quite sorry for them. We went to both a la carte restaurants twice. You can book the a la carte restaurants as many times as you wish throughout your stay. I would advise to book a couple of days in advance as they have two sittings, 7:00p.m and 9:00p.m so its better to book a bit early so you can eat at the time which suites you best. The first time we went to the Italian it was lovely, both my meal and my boyfriends tasted and looked good, the waiters were amazing and we even tipped them. The second time we went it was awful. It took them 30minutes to serve us our drinks, I had the same starter and main as I did the first time we went there and my starter and main tasted totally different. I had bruschetta and it had tomato ketchup drizzled round the plate and also my main course of seafood risotto had ketchup round the plate as well. Odd. The Indian was interesting as well, I had a starter of plain yoghurt with chopped cucumber and that was it and it was served in quite a big bowl. I just couldn’t eat a massive bowl of yoghurt and cucumber. My boyfriend had a curry which said it was tomato and onions with spices and it came out a creamy colour!? Also the desserts are strange too, someone advised us not to go for the carrot one as they said it was like carrot soup, but I had one which was like rice pudding but cold. I quite liked it but there were only two desserts to choose from. For lunch we got fed up of going to the buffet restaurant, so we visited the pool bar which do snacks. They do rolls with fillings such as tuna, cheese, salad, salami (I think, but it looked a bit strange) and a hot option of beef cooked with onions. They also did chips, but I brought some crisps from back home so I was eating them with my tuna roll.

The beach – the beach was very clean and well looked after. Whilst we were there they were doing some work on the jetty so you weren’t able to get in a swim. Also when the tide is bad you cant swim anyway as the waves were crashing into the jetty. There is a little area where there is no coral and you could go in to the water up to about hip height which was quite nice but it does get crowded around that little area. The fishes are amazing to look at along the jetty.

The pools – the poolside attendants were great and really friendly. We sometimes tipped them but you don’t have to. They will sometimes put the towel on the sun lounger for you and get you an umbrella if you need one. And if you want an umbrella ask for it because the Russian’s go around taking peoples umbrella’s (they didn’t care!). We sat by the pool by the main buffet restaurant a few times as it is quieter there and more breezy but we also sat by the main pool with the pool bar. This area was more loud as they played music most of the time which can get annoying if you want to have a snooze or read your book. And some of the music they played would be something you would here an Ibiza night club.

We did four trips during our stay and I would recommend them to anyone going with First Choice or Thomson. They were Ultimate Dessert Experience (definitely more for the men as it is quad biking), Cairo by air (visiting the pyramids), VIP cruise (snorkelling with amazing fish) and Sinai by starlight (watching the stars in the dessert, camel ride, bread making with the Bedouins and dancing round the fire).

Warning about tipping, they will accept dollars, pounds and euro. We took Egyptian pounds which we found really hard to change up into small change and this made it difficult to tip in small amounts. Everyone we asked (even in the hotel) wouldn’t change up a 50 Egyptian pounds (roughly £6). And our rep did warn us that when you pay for something they wont give you change so you have to give the right money. You wont get any change back!

The world of cuisines is no way near complete when we were there. But once it is complete I am sure this will be fantastic and give people more selection of food.

Overall a fantastic holiday and I have recommended friends and family to go to this hotel.

Oh and I nearly forgot to say, the beds are really hard. It was like sleeping on a wooden bench!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SMP85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#3 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#14 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El She...
#5 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#7 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Rixos Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!