“Holiday from hell”

Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
“Holiday from hell”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Short & sweet.!
Just arrived back tonight couldn't wait to get home.!
Ate bread & rice for 12 days
This hotel i's a joke I got ear infection from the pool which turned green my mum got food poisoning & still has i't.!
The rooms r badly done the sheets have stains & holes all the waiters are perverts the food i's disgusting the drinks are all watered down.. They say it's all inclusive but u have to pay for bottles of water or bottles/cans pop as long as u drink vodka rum whiskey or brandy you are fine.!
Just don't go there.!
I will put photos up to prove what I'm saying.!
I'm putting a claim i'n for a refund on my holiday too.!
It's not a 4* more like 1*

• Stayed September 2011
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

However there are some issues i would like to discuss, firstly the subject regarding the food, this was a previous problem for guests but in hiring a new team of Chefs the food has improved and guests staying during this time of change have given us positive feedback.

Also during your stay your issues was raised with myself and the management team and in correcting this the hotel offered an Ala Carte style dinner on several nights consisting of your choice of food (free of charge) to compensate for the lack of choice within the restuarant. I beleieve this action was offered and accepted to you throughout your entire stay.

If this method of correction was not accpetable you should have notified a member of the management team so we could try to arrange another alternative.

I'm sorry to hear that you felt unwell during your stay however with regards to the pool, it is cleaned daily with the appropriate chemicals to reduce the risk of infection, unfortunatley several things can trigger and illness such as ear infections and stomach problems.

When travelling to a foreign country (especially one with a very high climate) it is not uncommon to sustain some form of bacterial infection or virus, this is due to the sudden change in body temperature and climate, also the type and amount of water you consume and the difference in a sudden change of diet. It is not fair to assume that all sicknesses are related to food issues although there may be some this is not the root cause of the illness. A hotel doctor is provided on site and is offered to any person who feels they need medical attention.

Here at Sharm Bride we take complaints seriously and if any guest feels that he/she is being harassed or treated inappropriately by any member of staff a member of the Management team should be notified immediately so that this issue can be corrected.

As part of the All Inclusive system all beverages are available upon request but this matter will be investigated to ensure it does not occure again.

We are under new Management therefore changes have and are being made i hope if you visit Egypt again you visit Sharm Bride to see the actions we have taken.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I am going to try to write the most honest reveiw of this hotel possible, it is hard because everyone expericances different things at a hotel depending on what they were expecting from the holiday

I'll start off with the positives, the bedrooms are huge. The staff at sharm bride were helpful in finding me a ground floor room due to medical condisons.

The staff, the majority of them are helpful the kind of people who when asked to jump would pull out a trampoline and ask how high. If they can do anything for you they will. most of them speak really good english and so its easier to request drinks or deal with problems.

The Guest Relations staff is called Natile, she is from england and i believe she was one of the most helpful staff working there, whenever we had a problem no matter how big/small, she sorted it. I believe my holiday would of been ten times worse without her.

Fancy a massarge? neither did i on my holiday but i'm so glad i did, after a few stressful events I asked Epramo Bero for a package massarge. We paid 800 egyptian pounds for me and my boyfriend to have a body scrub each and two massarges each. I am so glad i did this because he was the most amazing person ever. He had the hands of a god, anyone who ended up reciving one all said the same, he not only did an amazing job there but he became our friend, buying us medication when we were ill, when i twisted my ankle out there he came over to me whenever he was free and sat and massarged it without asking for a charge. He gave us some egyption "deep heat" for my ankle and refused to let us pay him for it. I would follow this man around the earth just for a massarge and a friendly chat. Regarding the earlier reveiw about a massargest putting his man parts in a womans hand, Epramo has only worked here two months and was distrot when finding out about that reveiw.

Now I've run out of good things to say.

The food for the majority of our stay was discusting, I'm stunned people acctually call it food. but on our last day the hotel highered an american chef, and the food improved dramticly, so i don't currently know the taste of the food but if you are DESPRATE to come to sharm bride, don't let reveiws about food put you off. because even though the food might be rubbish you can ask them to make things like chips for you and places like Mcdonalds and KFC are delivered to the door.

There are a couple of the bar staff members who continustly asked for a "doller" which in their mind is a tip in english money, but you have to keep in mind that for most of these it is their first ever job, they are desprate, if they get particualy annoying then go to Natile and i'm sure she'll have a quite word with whoever it is and it should stop.

During my stay at sharm bride I had an awful incident happen to me. It started off with the hotel management being extreamly apologetic and firing the member of staff imeidently, then a few days before my departure i found that he had been their all along but hiding in the kitchen, the management said they knew nothing about it but that is so hard to believe. Then they started to tell me becuase there was no evidence that i wasn't lying that they had to wait for him to resign and once again them being apologetic, giving us a free late check out and a bottle of drink of our choice. Knowing we had a late check out, on our last day we lazed about around the pool and eventualy went for lunch, when leaving the lunch hall the reception asked us why we have not checked out yet because we were due to at 12 and my boyfriend explained the situation to them about the late check out and then left. when planning on returning to our room at 4 we found that we had been locked out of our room, this was one of the last straws for us and we when mad at reception which ending in the all so familler apologies and entry to our room.

The pool is a great size and they clean it every night but we found that on a few evening the staff must of slacked on the cleaning because for a few days the pool was green.

The hotel was contiously running out of glasses and then on one day they run out of beer at the pool bar and it took them till midday the following day to bring some in from the inside bar.

This is about all i can say about sharm bride. Remeber this was just my experiance and you may recieve a completly different service.

Room Tip: The rooms at sharm bride are all genrealy the same, great sized bed room and the size of the bathroo...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marissa1994
Dear Guest,

Firstly i would like to apologize for the issues and problems youe experienced here at Top Choice Resorts (Sharm Bride), and thank you for raising your concerns with us and giving us the chance the rectify the areas that need correcting.

Here at Sharm Bride we take all complaints seriously and can therefore inform you that the member of staff in question has successfully been removed from the hotel and will not return again.
Here at Sharm bride we do our upmost to ensure guest satisfaction and safety and i will personally monitor staff and thier bahviour to continue to improve our services.

I am pleased that despite the issues your experienced you did still manage to enjoy your time spent in Egypt and should you visit Egypt again can i suggest you visit Sharm Bride again to witness the significant changes yourself.

As we discussed the hotel is under new management and is therefore being restructured in every way from the bottom the the top, this i'm sure you can appreciate does not happen overnight but changes are being made and will continue to improve over time.

I am pleased to report the Foreign Chef is still with the company and the food has improved dramatically and will continue to do so as his team expands.

We do hope you visit Sharm Bride and Egypt again to experience the full beauty of this country and that all your needs are met in order to give you maximum satisfaction.

I will personally continue to monitor all the points you raised in order to accomodate future guests of Shram Bride.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2011

i was at this hotel before, but this time it smth so disgusting, the managers are very friendly still, but the food became very bad, the animation is nothing, they changed and these guyes don't even know what the entertainment is.
there is some changes on the territory which make the hotel look cheap
So i disapointed for my stay there , from my last vist the hotel didn't improve, it makes a big steps back

Dear Guest,

The hotel is under new management and is therefore being restructured in every way from the bottom the the top, this i'm sure you can appreciate does not happen overnight but changes are being made and will continue to improve over time.

Can i suggest that should something like this happen again (especially as you are a returning guest of Sharm Bride) that you inform a member of management regarding your issues so that we are able to correct them, sometimes guests see things that in house staff cannot and therefore guest feedback is crucial for imporovement purposes.

We do hope you visit Sharm Bride again and see the changes that are being made in order to meet guests requirments.
London
Reviewed 24 August 2011

this is a good hotel, most staff are friendly eg: Natalie from Guest Relations is great, you can talk to her anytime, Animation Team are so much fun to be around and please do join in with the games. Epram from the massage place is so good, thanks to him i no longer have pain in my leg..(thanks Epram, you done a great job). Sorry i can't remember the guy who gives out the towels but he's always got a smile for you. Apart from the food, this is a good hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on the hotel, it is nice to hear positive things about Sharm Bride hotel and i am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

With regards to the food issue, we do have a Foreign Chef now and the food has improved dramatically, i'm sorry you was not here to witness this huge change but should you visit Sharm Bride again i'm sure you will agree that we have moved forward in a very positive way.

We do hope you visit Sharm Bride again and see the changes that are being made and can experience just how wonderful Egypt is and you leave 100% happy.
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I stayed there with my friend and his family the first couple of days was not so bad until someone did there business in the pool which was discusting and they refused to clean it despite 6 complantes and the food was terrible all I ate for the first couple of days was bread and at one point was considering moving hotel but instead used the money to eat out every night but really should not have to if you are all inclusive and they took one of the beds when I did say no and we got locked out of our room over 6 times cause the deactivated the card but all in all the entertainment was watchable but that was the only thing for kids at night it was a mini disco the best entertainment was the little jive bar at the side of the hotel which had football and all sports on the Telly all day and night

• Stayed July 2011

Of course if there are still issues with the food it is your right to ask for any other food which you prefer (without charge) and the chefs will prepare it for you, i can only apologize that this solution was not offered to you whilst you were here.

As you can appreciate guests of different Nationalities all live by different cultures, and sometimes the mannersims can be quite different from your own therefore addressing the issue regarding the 'business in the pool' yes it is the hotels duty to ensure hygeine and we are happy to ensure this is undertaken however we have to respect all guests in house and when such an issue is raised it creates further issues and inconvenience to other guests, for example, the pool was thouroughly cleaned and had to therfore be closed for a hour which caused several complaints from other guests, although this is an issue that must be corrected immediately there was still guests refusing to vacate the pool. This you can understand is not a fault of the hotel but we do take responsibility and try to fix areas of concern with little inconvenience to guets.

I'm sorry that you found the entertainment unsatisfactory, as previuosly stated we are under new management and step by step these areas will be modified for the better.

The key card issue is a frustrating subject for guests but i have to clarify the fault does not lie with the hotel. Usually when key cards are placed near or beside any electronic equipment such as mobile phones or maybe sometimes keys this can deactivate the card, a short trip to reception and the issues is resolved.

We do hope you visit Sharm Bride again to witness the changes we have made and that you will enjoy your stay.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We got back yesterday because we cut our holiday short and paid 300 to get home only 2 days earlier, we were happy to do this as the food at this hotel was terrible. were not fussy eaters or a fussy family but even we found the food to be inedible, cold, no variety and definitely not catered for the English, you could order pizza but that came at a price, we complained after a couple of days about the food and drink, the food/drink manager mohammed then offered us a meal of our choice, we chose shrimp cocktail, steak and fruit platter for dessert we were then charged over 11 pounds English money each because apparently it was a la carte and that is not included in all inclusive, there is only 1 restaurant which does not serve a late breakfast!!!! we went for dinner at 8.10pm one night to find hardly any food left but a scraping of hard liver, i complained about this and was given 2 pizzas free between the 4 of us any more and we had to pay, we spent over 1500 eating and drinking out at the union jack bar which might i add is fantastic, welcoming and good prices. i complained to my holiday rep victor who i found to be arrogant, had a attitude and not very helpful, he tried to belittle me by getting staff and speaking between themselves whilst i was sat there which i found to be downright rude, i told him after only 3 days i wanted to go home due to the food he just shrugged his shoulders, i never dealt with him again after that!!! Mohammed the food manager told me i was angry, disrespectful and never trusted him because i complained about the food and quality of it, in total he had over 1200 Egyptian pounds off us for food we wanted which i think he kept and robbed us, you have to pay for rose wine and are not offered white or red wine, there is definitely no beach bar and the lobby bar is tiny, the jive bar is ok but u have to pay for drinks in there. if u want drinks from the tiny lobby bar they are served in small glasses like whisky glasses but make sure you hold onto that glass because next time you go to the bar you can guarantee they would have run out of glasses, also run out of beer alot, U cannot have a bottle of beer on your all inclusive but you can buy them!!!!!!!!! the pool bar serves drinks in plastic half pint glasses which you can live with but it certainly is not open until 11pm it shuts at around 5pm, the snacks that are served between 3pm and 5pm consist of a small bun with half a hotdog and a piece of cucumber or pepper, or a dry slice of cheese, these are not served freely they are hidden and u have to ask for them so if u dont ask u dont get, they dont start serving them until 4pm even if u ask. i have been on many all inclusive holidays and have never had to spend money eating out, there were many people complaining and lots of complaints put in at the hotel, it is false advertisement in a massive way!!!!!!
The reception staff i found to be unhelpful and look straight through you, unless you were russian, they made out they did not understand you but i was told by the hotel inspector (Natalie Stratford) which i met and put my complaint in with on my last day that they do speak english. i found some staff to be polite and welcoming having a laugh and joke with you but they were also staff that hardly spoke to you unless you were russian!!!! i have never been so unhappy on a holiday that i wanted to come home early, it was meant to be a family holiday for me, my partner, mum and disabled brother but i can safely say its put me off ever visiting egypt again!!!! the entertainment team try there best but are not given the facilities and budget to make the best of it which is sad. the rooms were big but light switches hanging off the wall in our rooms. on a plus side the laundry is very good and the cleaners do a good job. my advice would be to stay away from this hotel its a waste of money. the safe is not secured and the air con doesnt work properly either. there is one restaurant and no a la carte restaurant for our a la carte food we had to sit on a makeshift dining area on the island in the middle of the pool which is a joke!!!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Holiday from hell would be an understatment for this holiday. The arrival into reception was good very inviting and frendly, Taken to room where the bath was full of the previous persons hair, complained and moved to another room. This room was dirty and full of ants, curtains that did'nt shut so had to be pinned together, the bathroom sink leaked for 3 days and we had to put a bucket under it to catch the water. The smoke alarm was missing and wires just hanging from the ceiling. Outside the room there was loads of black bags full of rubish that the local dogs eat out of all night. The food was terrible an example of this was fish heads for lunch, the kids ate nothing but bread rolls for days, we also complained about this and they did start doing chips on some occations. We all had D+V for the 2 weeks we were there and on return to the UK, we have all had to go to our GPs for further tests. The pool area was ok but again a brocken bed left in the same spot for two weeks. the beach also looked like there had been a tornado the night before. the best thing about this hotel was the departure day !!!!!!!

1 Thank Annette M
Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time in raising the issues you experienced whilst staying at Sharm Bride Hotel.

I have read your review thoroughly and can only apologize on behalf of Sharm Bride Hotel.

I would like to discuss and try to clarify the issues which you have stated.

You describe how your room was dirty and garbage was left in areas situated near to the hotel which attracted the local dogs.

Firstly I would like to inform you that housekeeping visit each guests rooms daily and carry out their duties in the same manner for each different room, I have noted your complaint but can only deem this as a one off as several other guests have complimented the housekeeping department and have even provided this is in writing (for confidentiality reasons I am unfortunately unable to attach the documents, however such documentation is forwarded to the relevant offices and departments).
With regards to the litter situation I have seen your attached photograph and disagree that this was taken anywhere on or near the hotel premises, I know the grounds of the hotel and the grounds outside and around the hotel, this is not part of the hotel, the litter is not from the hotel as we use white trash can liners not black refuse sacks and is therefore not the hotels responsibility although I do apologize that you had to witness such a thing.

In reading your review I understood that the food provided by Sharm Bride was not to your standard or taste, this is an ongoing issue within the hotel and it is being rectified. Sharm Bride is in the process of hiring a new team of chefs (one of which we have now) to ensure a better quality of food for guests of any Nationality, again I apologize that this urgent need was not met during your stay.

After viewing all of your attached photographs the two that caught my attention was those concerning the electrical cable (fire alarm) and the curtains.

Here at Sharm bride I personally carry out all inspections with regards to these issues regularly and can only assume (after viewing yours and other rooms prior to your arrival) that the fire alarm was removed by yourself as I am quite certain it was fixed to the ceiling prior to your check in.
The curtain was also somehow joined together and that was also carried out by yourself which you confirm in your letter.

When a member from the housekeeping department visit each room it is part of their daily duties to document any significant changes within any guests rooms, this discovery was forwarded to the relevant department who then decides whether to charge the guests for damages, in this case you was not asked.

I do however apologize for all the issues that left you unsatisfied and can only hope should you visit Sharm Bride again you are able to see the changes we are making.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Falcon Hills Hotel
Falcon Hills Hotel
#79 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#92 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Faraana Heights Resort
Faraana Heights Resort
#27 of 31 in Nabq Bay

Been to Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!