“Great holiday”

Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 17 October 2012

The hotel is really nice with large rooms that are cleaned regularly. The staff were very helpful apart from 1 or 2 reception staff that weren't very helpful as we never got a safe as we requested on a number of occasions.
The food wasn't very good at all. Alot of it was stone cold, it wasn't replenished regularly and there wasn't a great variety. The pool bar repeatedly ran out of soft drinks and glasses, not to any fault of the bar staff. They should have plastic glasses for around the pool for safety reasons. In the evening in the bar time share sales men were having meetings with Egyptian customers which greatly affected the atmosphere in the bar, they repeatedly turned down or turned off the music so we did not feel welcome in the bar on evenings.

HOLIDAY HIGHLIGHT- The animation team in the hotel Vedoo, Harrison, Ash-leigh and Nathan were excellent! They were always very friendly, asked everyone to join in activities and were always willing to help you and give advice. They always had activities to do and if you didn't want to participate they didn't hassle you. They were the best part of our holiday.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Lukecurtis

Reviewed 5 October 2012

i would not recommend this hotel to anyone the pictures must have been taken 7 years a go,full of Russain only one other English couple after been told it was a mostly English hotel . There i a bus for the beach when it turns up we tried 4 times still don`t know what it looks like, if you get hot water 2 days out of 2 weeks you will be lucky.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley S
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Hello Everyone. I have just come back from staying at the Aqua hotel Resort and Spa I would like to say that in my experience I had a lovely time hear. All the staff were friendly and willing to do things for you such as carry your coffee to the table, explaine what is on the menu etc. The room was cleaned daily and fresh towels also daily.

The food was very good considering I am fussy with my food but anything I asked them to cook for me they did with a smile and it was always delicious and hot. I have heard people say that the food was not hot but if you leave going to eating until the restaurant is nearly closed then that would be true. There was a Chef who had worked in Americia and of course other chefs so the food was varied, but being English I missed my chips and egg so I asked or this and it was done for me. The head chef dressed in black also made my stay welcoming and very enjoyable I would like to say a big thank you especially to him.

In my room the shower bracket was broken on arrival and I did not say anything the next day it was fixed. All the staff try to please so hard and the staff have a smile for you from management right down to the gardeners, they are beauitiful people. I did not manage to go into the Spa for anything however I was shown around the spa everything was clean and I did have several massarge's and they were wonderful, this comes highly recommended as I have an injury to my neck and it needed a good masarge to free it up.

The Annimation team were brilliant and helped to make my holiday, there are two young men from England Harry and Naithen hello boys they were just great and lovely to speak to and of course the ladies in the team made you welcome too. Holiday is what people make of it the Annimation team never pushed you into doing things but were happy when you joined in. The Egyption staff by the pool etc were also fun their sence of humour was remarkable and they like to laugh with you.

There was always someone you could go to for help if you needed anything 24 hour reception they also were friendley and had a smile for you. You felt safe with the security at the hotel as I travelled on my own that was importaint for me.

I walked into Nebq on several occasions and there were a few of pusshy Egyptions trying to sell you something but it is no where near as bad as in Namma Bay area. Beware of the camel owners they want to charge you a lot of money for a picture with a camel, but this is of course outside the hotel.

The day before I left I cried my eyes out because I had such an enjoyable holiday and I will miss the people who helped to make my holiday special, some of these people have nothing but they make you feel like a princess and a valued person. Fron The Aqua Hotel it is around a 10 minuet walk up into the town and the beach. I used a company called Wings for my transfers and as always an excellent service from them. I used the local but to go to Namma Bay no problems with this at all.

There are tour operators around the pool but again they were not pushy if you did not want to do anything, which is as it should be after all you are on holiday. Hello Gentlemen.

The only downside for me was there was no information in the rooms about times for example breakfast started from 7am you did get told this on arival at reception but when you take a night flight you are tired and don't retain the info. So if there was a small booklet for advice that would be better.

A young Russian got injured by the ping pong table whilst I was there he had been swimming in the pool and was dripping water on the floor his flip flops made him slip and down he went injuring his elbow and I believe they did not have a first Aid box, luckily I am a nurse and patched his elbow up for him, so take some first aid things out with you, of course if it's bad use your insurance to get treated.

I would go back to this hotel again and please do not be put off by going to this hotel, there are some things that could be made better that may give them a four star rateing but as it's so often said you get what you pay for if people want a five star hotel then they have to pay for it. I had no problems with this hotel or the staff.

Room Tip: I can only speak for the room I was in 2007 which was a brilliant room it was quiet most of the time...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Denise R
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I'm 19 and stayed here with 2 friends of the same age on the 19th July- 31st July 2012.
Hotel is about a 10minute taxi ride away from the airport. Make sure you only pay 20 Egyptian pounds and no more as taxi drivers do try to take the p**s.
On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by the receptionist who had someone carry our cases to our room. Rooms are very clean and spacious with a beautiful pool view.

The pool is massive! With plenty of sunbeds and sunbathing space around the pool. They also have a swim up pool bar which was handy, we spent most of our time sitting up their talking and joking around with the bar staff. Lovely people! Aspecially Kareem. He made sure we were looked after. Only downside was that their was limited drinks, they only served, coke, lemonade, fanta, orange juice, blackcurrent juice, vodka, beer, tequilla, gin and rum.

Food was okay, i have had better and it was slightly repetitive but at the end of the day you get for what you pay for, if you don't like it don't eat it.
Kitchen is clean and all food well presented.
All kitchen staff were really friendly and were constantly making sure you were okay for drinks.They also often made you their own cocktails and asked for your opinion.

Hotel was a little on the quiet side when we stayed and their was no people of our own age to mix with or make friends with, but that didn't end up mattering in the end because we still had a fantastic time! Although if you are looking for a lively non-stop party holiday this is not the place to be. It is more of a relaxation, take it easy holiday.

However if you did want to liven it up abit then a taxi into Nama bay is about 30/40 Egyptian or 50/60 Egyptian for a return. Taxi ride took about 15/20mins. Plenty of Clubs, Resteraunts Bars and Sheisha bars, a few of my favorites were, Pacha, Palm Lounge, Little Buddah and Camel Bar.

Space Nightclub is also a must! (20minute taxi ride from hotel)

All clubs have a swimming pool in, which me and my friends were amazed at! :)

Pataya Beach Party is a must on a Tuesday Night! Best night i had out their, it was amazing! (5 minute taxi ride from hotel)
Pataya Beach is also a free beach open to the public during the day. There was a shuttle bus that left the hotel to take guests to the beach, one at 9am the other at 10am, then they would pick you up from the beach at 1pm. It doesn't sound like a lot of time but trust me it is enough as the beach gets way too hot!

There are a few shops next to the hotel including a souvenir shop, supermarket and wi-fi bar.

Old Market is about half hour taxi ride. Best market to get your knock off designer bags, purses clothes etc...

Overall my time in Sharm el Sheikh and my time at this hotel was an enjoyable experience. I would definatly return here again in the near future. Don't let bad reviews put you off! xx

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank SarahRose93
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Arrive on 26 July ' 4.30pm no problem at airport, transfers were waiting, arrived at hotel 6pm.

I went with my three children, we had booked two rooms one single and on double and wanted to change the to two doubles, We waited for a short time and were accommodated, our rooms were very spacious and clean considering the short notice to room changes.

The hotel was very quiet for that time of the year, and there was not much for the kid to do, but over all we all had a great time. The staff could not do enough for us, one of my children is disabled and the staff looked after him I can't ask for better.

The hotel was short of staff which meant that the bar staff served dinner.

The food was not great for the first day or so, once we had spoken to our Rep there was a big improvement.

I would go back to this hotel again and my kid enjoyed themselves as well and would also go stay again (16, 15 and 28).

People staying at this hotel were also friendly and we all had a great time, there was one couple who complained about everything, they stayed for 12 days so it can't have been that bad the Freckleds they call themselves. They never used the pool once, they let their son use the pool even with the broken bottle in the pool. He seemed to enjoy himself his mum and dad sat by the pool drinking all day and sat at bar all night drinking at the bar.

Overall we had a great time, the hotel has only been open for a short time so hopefully, this time next year it will be running to it fully, it is a nice Hotel.

Room Tip: All Rooms are pool view,
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Troopers4
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel from 22nd July to 5th August and I can honestly say that I have never been so disgusted. Drinks were warmer than the food, washing straws out and re-using them. Last day 3 bottles were smashed in the pool, they did not shut it down, they sent the towel boy in with a pair of goggles to pick up what glass he could see, he was the only good thing about the hotel.
Food was absolutely disgusting, no choice and dried up.
No air-conditioning until we complained (told that the manager did not want it on as not enough guests to warrant it), then when people were not around they turned it off.
One night of entertainment in 2 weeks, animation team did their best but not enough to keep people entertained.
Staff working at the pool bar all day then went to the restaurant to serve drinks to guests whilst having their meals in the same clothes they had been wearing all day.
All inclusive until 10pm until we complained this was then moved to 11pm, we complained again that they were turning the fridges off all the time and were told it was not down to us to tell them how to run the hotel and they moved the all inclusive back to 10pm. Drinks were limited, if you asked for 3 cokes, they would tell you no you could have fanta, constantly penny pinching to save costs as they had not guests.

Would never stay here again, they say they will do everything to help you until you turn around and the next manager tells you something total different, a complete joke, we called it Alcatraz because we just could not get out, despite several requests.

Don't go here if you want to enjoy yourself.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2012

First of all I would like to say that I am English and therefore very fussy! I don’t like bad service and am one of the first people to complain. But this hotel I cannot rate any higher.

We booked our hotel though teletext holidays as we wanted to get a cheap late booking for myself and my partner. The company supplying the holiday package was Fleetway travel. This was my boyfriends and mine first holiday away together so as you can imagine we got excited at the price of the hotel and booked it up quickly as the images looked promising. We then read the hotel review on here and began to doubt whether we had made the correct choice!

Id like to say that you cannot pay cheap and expect a 10* hotel. That’s just ridiculous!

Our flight was due in at Egypt at 22:00, our Monarch flight was good and we arrived on time. Our transfer was also waiting for us outside of the airport. The only issue we had was that a couple on our shuttle had lost their baggage, which held us up (the baggage was never boarded on the plane as they checked in late).

On arrival of the hotel we were greeted by very friendly staff (both reception and bar staff) who had drinks and our paperwork waiting for us. We were quickly and efficiently checked in and were shown to our room, our baggage was carried for us and we were not hassled for a tip which was good as we had no small notes on us at the time. After getting shown how to use all the features of our room and safe we decided to retire early as a five hour flight does take it out of you. We then had a knock at the door from a staff member who had brought us some bottled water.

The next morning I was surprised at how empty the hotel was and found that the cleaning staff were fantastic! The pool area was immaculate and the grounds just as impressive! There were NO cracked tiles around and no dirty glasses. Which I have to say was a relief.

We went into the restaurant to be greeted by the staff, we were shown round and then seated. I have to say the selection was good there were salads, cheese, bread, pastries’, a hot food station and a omelette and pancake station where they freshly cooked your food in front of you.

Every day we tipped at each meal around £2 (English) as we read on a lot of reviews that this ensures better service not specifically for this hotel but Egypt in general. Dinner had a great selection as well, we even had pizza cooked for us (free of charge) after we had asked where we could order one from.

As for the pool bar it was always open whenever we were around the pool. Not only did we have fantastic service from the entire bar staff but we never went with out a drink, even to the point that the staff would bring drinks to us without us asking as they remembered our preferences. Hani the barman was brilliant and made some the strangest but greatest tasting cocktails I have tried.

The rest of the holiday mainly consisted of swimming in the pool and playing water polo and water volleyball with the animation team. Now I have to say the animation team (Mahmoud and Alina) were brilliant! The hotel was a tad quiet and they did everything in their power to get everyone involved and enjoying their holiday! I think I miss these two the most as they were utterly fantastic. These two did such a fantastic job that we want to save to go back and see them. They made our holiday. I think I even lost weight from all the water sports! They even arranged two nights out: one night to a beach party and the other to a nightclub. These both were outside of their working hours.

The hotel did not have any evening entertainment however there is a English bar next-door to the hotel. This was reasonably priced and also would do good deals on drinks (they even topped my drink up with more alcohol when I said I could taste much). On the night that there were more guests the hotel did arrange a evening show of male and female Egyptian dancers, who were amazing.

The spa at the hotel is not finished being built but we were offered a tour and I have to say that I think when it is finished it will be lovely. This said they still provide spa treatments at another resort but have a free lift ready and waiting for you.

Alex the rep has a wide variety of excursions waiting for you to take you pick of and will give you a good deal. (Remember to never accept the first price said on anything in Egypt) our scuba diving was brilliant as was our quad biking in the desert. We also had camel rides and other trips.

I would like to say that I would recommend this holiday resort to ANYONE it was clean tidy and had excellent staff. I will be returning in the future. I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff, especially Mahmoud and Alina. They made this my best holiday yet! x

Room Tip: All rooms have a pool view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
16  Thank LauraMia1990
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#92 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Faraana Heights Resort
Faraana Heights Resort
#31 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Aurora Oriental Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Amwaj Oyoun Hotel & Resort

Been to Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!