“2 weeks of sunshine”

Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My wife and I visited the Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa between 3rd & 17th March this year for the first time, although this is the 10th time we have visited Egypt. Have to say we had a great time. The hotel is quite typical for Sharm with studio rooms (although bigger than normal) set round a pool, with most facilities in the main building. The food was typical Egyptian hotel style but the variety and quality was equal to any of the 5 star hotels we have stayed in and better than some, we have never before been offered roast duck as a meat option for dinner, the new restaurant manager is doing a good job. The staff did a fantastic job, always with a smile, with particular mention of Amon, who delivered drinks around the pool area to people when the pool bar itself did not have anyone waiting. The rooms were cleaned everyday and the towels and sheets changed daily, a good housekeeping service and gardens were kept tidy. Probably due to the hot temperatures the pool was a welcome relief to use, laid on an airbed while tanning - way to go! Overall a thoroughly enjoyable holiday, would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms were pretty similar only varying due to shape of building, we had a groundfloor room which...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Andy B
There are newer reviews for Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed for two week from 25th February till 11th march 2013 with my sisters. The hotel was booked pretty much last minute. The location was perfect and only a taxi ride away from old market, naama bay and soho square. The hotel arranged a bus for free to soho square on Tuesdays and we went both times with the animation team and felt safe.

The hotel arranged a bus to the beach everyday at 10am till 1.30 however Pataya beach was only a 10minute walk down the road so if you wanted to stay longer you could.
Pataya beach was opposite McDonalds, viva,TGI Fridays Starbucks and same street as the new Hard Rock. We went shopping in the huts just outside and found the people to be very friendly and reasonably priced. We purchased some bags and creams at a realy good rate from Osama aka Omar.

The pool area was very clean and plenty of sun beds. Taha thanks for the entertaining conversations and clean towels!

The food was amazing at the hotel and always plenty of choice. In the first week we was lucky enough to meet the owner of the hotel at lunch he was polite and very friendly and after a brief convo we received a complimentary fruit basket to our room. Thanks Mr Hazim and Mr Tariq!

At dinner there was always veg, chicken, fish and beef but it was always cooked differently. there was a huge variety of salads and breads. There was a variety of deserts and always something to suit our taste. The hotel arranged a big theme night with fire show, dancers and dinner was a big buffet served outside. The night was very entertaining and all guests got involved in the mini discos. There was a. BBQ outside with full a entertainment night.... Fire show, belly dancers..... Spiritual dancers

Mido's fire show and Faqir(magic)show was amazing an we were really impressed as we hadnt seen this before. He carried the weight of two adults whilst laying on glass impressive!

Ibrahim chief of the food, restaurant and sheesha staff was really nice and ensured that the staff was providing the best service. We never had an empty glass thanks to Mohammed 1 and Mohammed 2 and the bar staff.

The staff kept us entertained with table tricks an friendly banter. We regularly had them ask us if things were ok and if we felt something was missing to help them improve service but we never had anything to add thanks Waleed. The standard of service and cleanliness was good compared to other hotels that I have stayed at in Egypt.

One night we had a problem with the electric and lights in our room at 2am. Within half an hour we had someone come and fix it. This is when you know a hotel is good because if it was any other hotel we would have been asked to move rooms etc but they managed to resolve the issue in a timely manner.

The animation team was just simply amazing both Mido and Saeed were really good and kept us busy and never had such fun!
The entertainment was on everynight around 9pm and included mini disco, Mr and Miss Sharm and other fun activities.

We didn't go with any children but there was a family who were staying there with 3children and we had seen Saeed spending time playing games with them around the pool area. Also animation arranged many activities around the hotel... Pool activities, table tennis water aerobics etc

Jive bar was always playing the best music with friendly accommodating staff and included a pool table. This was open to all and not just those staying in the hotel and met some amazing people while on our stay.

Spa was perfect and we all booked in for a Turkish bath and the new coconut cacoon. Thanks to Hamad and Waqar our skin felt amazing.

Excursion salesman Hakeem was very friendly and we didn't feel pressured to buy from him. He gave us his best price and we didn't feel hassled.

Hotel sheesha hut was a bonus and when we wanted a quite relaxing night we paid next to nothing for an amazing sheesha thanks Ibrahim.

Overall the hotel was amazing the manager at reception Shady and his colleagues were very polite and welcoming and assisted with any of our queries.

Another bonus is the wifi in the hotel and jive bar which when speak to others we realised that othet hotels normally charge for the wifi.

Only positive comments about this place and as three young girls felt extremely safe and we was there at the same time as Salma and Tracy ignore negative posts. Well worth the money and definately would go again thanks for an amazing experience!

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Aiyshaz
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Hi we chose this hotel as a last minute holiday..the hotel on appearance was ok for the price that we paid and the rooms where spacious and clean... However there was not a lot of choice on the food..every time we went for a meal we would not get offered a drink and all the cooks would stand and watch us eat which was rather awkward...late breakfast was advertised and not available and most of the staff could only speak very basic English and struggled to understand us most of the time... We read several reviews on staff thieving and we where extra careful on putting our belongings away however my friend left our camera out which had old family pictures on it, this was taken from our room by the cleaner... I do not usually write reviews but I really felt I needed to write this because of the poor service and morale elevels of some staff..however there was some waiters that where great and would go out of the way to help...we had some spa treatements and the staff where great here...overall I would not recommend that you visit this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Salma I
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I was thire really fantastic hotel and very ne servises and staff .locition is good too .food iwill come back agin on summer with my family and my friend and i dvise any one stay there sharam very nice with thid hotel

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank aqua100
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Hi I went back in December to see the staff at the hotel and most of them had moved on. The hotel was not as busy as you would expect for that time of the year maybe the prices are higher in December I would not know as I stayed in a apartment at this time. Or maybe it's because it's cooler in December.

I know a few of the staff that spoke English were not happy and they had moved on. However the staff that were there made me and my daughter very welcome we were offered something to drink and we were able to chat with the staff and say hello to the ones who I knew from my stay in September. There were only one couple by the pool at this time so it's very quiet. I can not say about the food this time as I did not stay there I would like to wish them well in the future.

If you want a totally chilled out holiday then this is the place to be. It is a bit of a way from the Pataya Beach but I'm used to walking but this hotel does not have a beach of it's own, the pools are cleaned every day.

Room Tip: All the rooms get the sun at some time of the day and the rooms are clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Denise R
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We had a fantastic time at Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa (Ex Sharm Bride). The staff are fantastic and so helpful. AHMED at the pool bar was an absolute star. Our drinks were never empty and served with a smile. We made us laugh so much and we will miss him.
We had no issues with the food. It was all ediable, it was a bit samey at time but no issues. We had NO bad stomachs and didnt need any immodiums at all. If your a fussy eater you might struggle. I can be fussy with certain foods but always found food to eat. Our room was cleaned everyday, beds made and some towel art also left a coulpe of times. Our towels were not thread bear in fact no where near. On a couple of occasions the water was warm rather than hot but never cold that you couldnt shower.
My only issue was the swimming pool was cold and not heated and you knew you were alive when you jumped in, but talking to others at the airport their pools were cold too. We had a pool view room (7003). We had nothing stolen from our room or outside on the balconey. Snorkel masks, clothes, shoes, headphones were all left on the balconey and nothing was taken. We used the safe for our valubles and locked it all away. we did have trouble with it on the first night but reception sorted it out very quickly.
The beach was fantastic. It really is no issue carrying a towel from the hotel to the beach and ok you have buy your own drinks and food if you want too but thats no big deal. The sea was warmer than the pool and the big double beds in the shade were great.
Of an evening they did use the bar for selling we think time shares which was a bit annoying but it didnt stop the entainment guys from playing the music and having fun. There was only two children for the whole week but they still did the dancing and karoke every night.
I did plug my iPad in and played our music one night just for a bit more english chart music.
I really dont think they deserve the bad reviews that they have got on here.
They have a new food manager and the food did get better as the week went on but we had no complaints from day one.
They never run out of food or drinks while we were there.
It was so good we will go back there next year in February for some winter sun.
If your looking for the perfect room, perfect food, where nothing is out of place and its all new and sparkly this may not be the hotel for you. It was clean and tidy and perfectly live about.
I would rate it a 3 star by english standards rather then 4 star.
The gardens around the hotel and pool area were kept clean and tidy. They had gardeners there every day trimming and weeding.
The location is great. You have shops and supermarkets within walking distance. Walk for about 15 minutes and you will find Mcdonalds, KFC, TGI Fridays and Hard Rock Cafe. Personally I can eat that crap in the UK so dont want it on holiday too.
Beware of getting dragged into a shop cos they dont like you leave empty handed. We just said no politely and they left us alone. Thats part of the culture though so you put up with it.
Quad bike trip into the hills was good fun, camel riding, dance show and food all for £35 which we booked with the trip guy in the hotel. Glass bottom boat was £10 and a day trip on a boat with food, drinks and snorkelling at 3 different sites was £20 which we booked with the Scuba diving company Nabq Dive Centre down on the beach.
All in all a very good holiday, no real complaints and would definatley return.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed 17 February 2013

well where do you start rooms are discusting bathroom like a public one fithly staff good front desk sly foxes ask if you want up grade then charges10"pounds per couple but only to English things stolen out of rooms we had mobile phone they are selling time shares the pool is not heated ran out cola light vodca they advertise an al carta restrant no. The jive bar is not alinclusive as the hotel rent it out they had a new resturant manager start and within 3days you coud see he had made an impresion you need to rename this hotel holidays from hell lookin forward to whatchin it on telly thee elson family and English

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank bobelaine73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#94 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Faraana Heights Resort
#30 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Amwaj Oyoun Hotel & Resort

Been to Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!