“Just return 15 april to the 29 only managed 4 days”

Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Well i went with a open mind after reading reviews, but don,t really now where to start they run out of glasses all the time don,t have diet coke and don,t wash glasses properly the few they have. good points... nice pool, union jack bar down the road do a nice breakfast. bad points food,drinks,cleanliest, safes not fasten down although they do tell u they are free to use lol no entertainment. One of the big points they have no hot water for showers so girls if u need to shave your legs forget it. We went for two weeks and managed four days before changing hotels.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julie H

Reviewed 30 April 2013

This hotel is still known locally as Sharm Bride, which is a tip worth knowing for transfers and taxis!! It had everything we needed to enjoy a week away in the sun!!

Our room was spacious and cleaned daily, little fridge but no kettle, mugs etc so take your own if like me you can't start the day without a cuppa, local tea and coffee isn't great either so worth packing that too or you can buy English brands from the supermarket just outside the door!!

I never struggled to find something nice to eat in the restaurant, don't expect a full English breakfast, meatballs and mash are more likely (!!) but omelettes, pancakes, breads, cereals, pastrys and cold meats and cheese every day. Would have liked to see some fresh fruit as well as the cakes and desserts though!

We had a Turkish Bath in the hotel spa on our first day, I can highly recommend it, barter on the price and they will do you a great deal!!

There were some changes in the animation team while we were there but Mido and DJ were a constant source of amusement working really hard to entertain the guests, they were joined by Chelsea at the end of the week and now make a great little trio!! Their job would be much easier if the hotel changed its layout, they have a large space overlooking the pool but you have to get up from the comfy seats to go and sit in rows infront of the stage to join in the entertainment, despite there being a bar on the terrace you have to walk to the main inside bar to get a drink once the pool bar closes! The hotel could make this area much better by opening up this bar, putting on some music and bringing everyone together which would create a great atmosphere and save the animation team having to round people up!!

I felt very safe in the hotel, the staff were really friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and ensure we relaxed, we went out to Soho Square with the animation team which was great and if we had wanted to they will take you out to the resorts clubs and bars every night which is definitely the best way to do it, they know the local customs and will make sure you have a great time!

Unfortunately 2 of my party needed to see the doctor whilst we were away, if you are unwell don't hesitate to ask the hotel to call the doctor, he dealt with all the travel insurance, claiming on their behalf so we didn't need to pay a penny whilst on holiday, he spoke great English and was a really lovely man, thank you for looking after my friends :-)

My final word of advice is take the most powerful insect repellant you can buy and some antihistamine tablets and camomile lotion!!

All in all, had a great holiday, met some lovely people and would go back again :-?

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Julesybb
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Just got back yesterday, my husband and i went to Egypt to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary, we contacted the hotel beforehand stating this and on our arrival they were surprised to see a young couple (we are 28 & 29), but very friendly especially our bellman Mohammed (who we spoke to everyday about the real Egyptian life), our room was overlooking the pool (like most rooms) it was very spacious and we had a lovely decoration on our huge bed saying 'Happy Anniversary' with towel decorations and rose petals, as well as a bottle of wine and fruit bowl. We decided to go for a walk that night and the local shops near the hotel were fairly priced and next to the hotel in front Rixor there is a long open-spaced walk way towards the beach, it is not signed but we found it nice walking up and down it. The food is OK, i would prefer more options but all the waiters and kitchen staff are extremely friendly, we enjoyed the pool bar and snack area, the music is of a good variety but the entertainment did lack a bit, on our second day we were given a cake for our anniversary which was a surprise, the room was cleaned everyday and lovely towel decorations left on our bed everyday. The hotel holiday rep did get a bit annoyed that we did not book the tours with them but next to the hotel there is a small tour office called Sharm Club, better priced and very professional in small groups to various excursions. The hotel did offer towel service and as before all the staff are very friendly and will speak in various languages to make you feel at ease... i would definitely come back as the hotel pool is lovely and the service over all, there is also a English bar right next door that you are allowed to take the hotel drinks into and have a great night. there is also a spa within the hotel with very good prices and both a male and female worker, you can enjoy an outside massage by the pool or have the option to go into the lovely decorated spa.

Room Tip: all rooms are pool facing, but do take a eye mask as the sun will wake you up very early even though...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NathalieLozDel
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Got here last night on 29th April and I'm not happy this hotel is the worst Iv Eva been to I'm telling English not to come here,,,, when we went to the little bar round pool and only bar the have no glasses and had to wait 1 hour for a drink the food is a joke every one here is not happy they is no fruit and food is slops I had slept in bed last night and woke to discover the sheets are stained the bath is black and shower is broke I'm sat in my room right now waiting to change hotel another couple woke through the night and asked for water they was none in full hotel they had to walk out at 3am to the shop they is wild dogs roaming about the pool the pool lineing is ripped please don't believe the good reports on this hotel because they are totally bogus

Room Tip: Shot glasses for drink glasses !!!!!!
Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina W
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Just returned yesterday from a week break at this hotel (previously named Sharm Bride). Had a great holiday and can't fault it. Overall the hotel was well maintained, clean and the staff were great, very friendly. Rooms are spacious and cleaned everyday. Food was fine, breakfast omelette were great. Some people did moan about the food but I found it adequate. It was edible and much the same as you would get in any other 3 star hotel abroad. I was a bit apprehensive about booking a holiday to Egypt, travelling as a lone female, but it was fine. Just use the same common sense you would for any other holiday abroad. I did meet some new friends there (Hi Natalie & Kerry) and I suspect that if I hadn't met them I probably would not have strayed very far from the hotel and I definitely would not recommend lone females walking alone after dark. Most hotels have a group of shops at the front of them and I felt safe enough walking to them no matter what time. You do get hassle from some shopkeepers to come into their shop but you get that anywhere. I went on the boat trip to Tiran Island snorkeling and loved it. The boat stopped 3 times for snorkeling and the 3rd time was the best by far, swimming alongside hundreds of colorful fish was amazing. Also visited Soho Square which was small purpose built area around the Savoy Hotel which has some pubs but mostly shops and restaurants. This area is very secure and appears to be a no hassle zone. What I didn't know before I went was that the Egyptians are happy to accept Sterling (English notes only tho) and also the exchange rate that I got from M&S was 9.44 Egyptian Pounds to the pound but in Egypt the exchange rate was over 11 EP to the pound. Although there were young kids at my hotel and they did appear to be quite happy I heard some parents saying that if they came back they would get a hotel nearer Naama Bay as there's more for kids to do there. The hotel did seem to have an issue with their animation team, two left during my week, so their was no entertainment but that was not an issue for me. Thanks Aqua Hotel for my lovely holiday xx

Room Tip: I had a pool room view which on the first night thought may be a problem as music was playing most n...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank SheonaghC
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed with my family for two weeks we all could have stayed for another two weeks we had two lovely rooms next to each other looking over the pool only complaint I had was rooms not getting cleaned till late afternoon but once I went to reception it was sorted . The food was ok but my family sent out to mc donalds a couple of times can't please everyone .the pool was good. hotel needs more and new glasses .I would like to thank manager and staff for making my birthday a time to remember we will be returning next year marie and family from liverpool

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank marie w
Reviewed 5 April 2013

just got back from a 3 week stay here was only meant to stay 2 weeks but was enjoying it that much just stayed , Everyone was fantastic from cleaner right upto general manager , i have stayed in sharm a few times and at 5* hotels too but not one of them had the same warm friendly feel about it as this one did .
There were three in my party myself , my mum who suffers from alzhimers and my 16 years old daughter so a wide age range and all of us were entertained there were familys with younger children there who all seemed to be having a great time . On two seperate nights my mum wondered out the room during the night while i was asleep she was safely brought back by the hotel staff and even had a cup of tea with them ha ha my mum had more night life than me :-) x my daughter had a ball going to all the night clubs with the animation team Mido , Elisha and Hero fantastic group they made her feel so welcome and i know she will be back soon to see them all x Taha the guy who gives out the towels is one of the funniest people i have ever met he never stopped working but always found time to stop and have a chat to everyone and leave us in fits of laughter x Acmed from the pool bar was like a whirl wind our glasses were always full and he always had a smile on his face and a friendly greeting , amon and mohamed 1 and mohamed 2 were all lovely geniune guys and nothing was ever too much for any of them x whilst i was there i asked for a meeting with the hotel manager just to pass on my thanks and gratitude for the fantastic job his team were doing him himself is a really lovely man and is always around and about meeting and greeting the guests , the guy around the pool who was selling the trips was a really nice guy i didnt get his name but there was never any pressure off him my daughter asked him one night if there were any comps in the hotel she could use as she didnt take her phone on holiday to connect to the free wifi , he went away for a while and returned with his personal one for her to use , The hotel on the whole is a mix of english and russians but we all seemed to get on well so no problems at all , only negative comment i could give is a russian couple were talking to me and said the rep who brought them to the hotel on the bus had told them not to trust the guy selling trips round the pool or the animation team and to only go through him for the trips which is very naughty as they were all great people and its not a good start to your holiday being told not to trust the hotel staff who work amazingly hard in my opinion , the rooms were great we had a ground floor room very spacious with huge balconies , all in all great hotel fantastic service and i would for sure return and recommend to people , thank you to all x

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Faraana Heights Resort
#31 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Amwaj Oyoun Hotel & Resort
Sea Beach Aqua Park Resort Managed by Blue Resorts

Been to Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!