“Great holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles

Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
“Great holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Personally, I couldn't fault this hotel. After all, you get what you pay for and the hotel was basic which didn't come as a surprise. Nevertheless, the staff were brilliant and we made some genuine friends who I'd love to see again, Mohammed Ali who sells incredible trips is such a gentleman and will do anything to make sure you get everything out of your experience. We went on the boat trip and quad bikes through him and they were excellent, experiences I'll never forget, thanks Mohammed! I'd recommend this hotel and love to go back!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I literally cannot believe that tour operators still send paying customers here!! Where do I start.... The cleaners stole cigarettes, English money and my husbands clothes from the room. The food is vile and anyone who thinks the cleanliness of this is acceptable, we'll I wouldn't like to see their houses. I got sick the first day I arrived and I didn't leave me until a week after I came home! My gp said it was due to a bacteria picked up from poor food hygiene in kitchens etc and she said it was rife in Egypt. My husband and others in the hotel got sick too. If I thought Anyone would listen I would have complained to the tour operator but they know how awful this place is and they still continue to send poor paying customers here! It makes me sick

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank rachael c

Travellers are raving about these Nabq Bay hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

My review is long overdue and I apologise to Mohammed and Rami for that but at last here it is :)
Firstly and most importantly, do not believe a single bad review about this place, this is a fantastic hotel with fantastic and friendly staff. We went for our holiday in October this year with a group of 4 friends and the hotel staff truly spoilt us. So let me break down the holiday for you

Food- Put simply it is great. We were all inclusive so tended to have most of our meals at the hotel. Occasionally the choices were limited but there was still a wide variety for types of food. Desserts were ok too. Highlight of this was a fry up corner which had freshly made fries, kebabs and chicken strips.
Hotel Room- We were given a nice double bedroom which had all the facilities in it. Aircon worked nicely too and maintained the temperature well. To be honest we were out a lot and the room I would say was comfortable to rejuvenate yourself for the next day.
Pool- Amazing! There were beds and towels readily available all the time. The pool bar constantly kept us hydrated and the pool is big enough to have lots of fun within it. There is also a slides area which even us adults took great fun in using :)
Staff- This for me was the biggest compliment. The staff really treated us so well that I would probably say they were the friendliest staff I have ever met. They even chucked in two cakes as it was our anniversary, not a lot of hotels would go above and beyond like this. Mohammed is definitely the man to know there. He is local so if there is anything you want to know ask him first, no matter how silly it may be. Ramy the front house manager is also a great guy and very friendly who helped us out a number of times. Ali and Amr are the two cheecky chaps who very kindly made us lots of tea and lots of drink too. Masud the pool guy was also a cool chap. All in all I didn't find anyone rude and to be honest a lot of people had jokes and laughs with them too.
Going out- There is not a lot in Nabq Bay and I wouldn't recommend going to the Nabq beach either. Nama bay is a better beach and it is cheap to get there by taxi. Nama bay also has free public spots for beach beds etc. There is a charge for this. While at Nama bay you can indulge yourself in nice food, fresh juice, and awesome shisha (if that's your thing). Another place to visit is Soho square which is a bit more posh. This does reflect in the prices you will pay there too. But they have a bit more entertainment and usually live performances too. Tip- make sure you query about service charge before committing to any services.

All in all, this was a fantastic holiday and a place I would recommend for definite. I am grateful to the hotel staff for providing me and my friends with great service and memories. One day we will all most definitely come back to visit you guys :-)

Finally a message for the hotel-
Habibi ya nour el ain! thanks for the holiday, hope you guys are ok!

Jameel aka Gameel :-)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jameel Q
wilmslow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Having recently stayed at this hotel for the last 10 days, I would like to compliment the staff and operational manager Ahmed Abdelwahab for all their attention to detail in making our stay very pleasant. The rooms were very spacious and well appointed and with a large comfortable lounge/reception area made for an ideal relaxing area to use their free Internet. The food served at this hotel was varied and certainly compared with the many more expensive hotels we have stayed at in Sharm El Sheikh in the past. The location is ideal with the very cheap local micro buses passing the hotel every 5 minutes or so giving easy access to other areas. The beach and promenade areas are 10 minutes walk away where you can walk on the jetties which span over the coral reefs. The hotel is currently extensively decorated in the public areas to create a seasonal atmosphere for the oncoming Xmas and New Year festivities.

Room Tip: Rooms within the hotel main building are convenient to all amenities
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jamesfirst
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

stayed 7 nights end of november 2013,
great and friendly staff, head chef really proud of his creations,very good food.
clean hotel ,good sized rooms.would reccommed .
reasonly priced and good location.

Room Tip: groundfloor rooms very handy for pool and gardens but can be noisy from tenents in rooms above.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank charles l
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was worried about this hotel because of some of the bad reviews but I couldn't find one fault! The staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly if they tried! Always had a nice clean room with some hilarious towel creations. The guys on reception were great, always happy to help, or even just have a chat! The head chef always brought us our chicken and chips to our sun bed after a heavy night. He knew us well, and the pool bar man always made sure our glasses were full. The English bar next to the hotel also has some great staff. £15 for all inclusive cocktails, yes please! Mahmoud from jive bar did everything he could to keep his customers entertained. Great guy! I will 100% be back to this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Jrmuk
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have just spent a very restfull and enjoyable 10 days from the 14-24 nov 13 ,the hotel is well run with good helpfull staff ,they work long hours. Sun is available around the pool from 8 am till 4 pm and its the hottest i ve known in 6 years . the cook is top notch reception staff exelent food is good all inclusive seems to be adaquate and is greatly improved by chefs enthusiasm{Ishmael} .
The place was quiet so was Nabq but this is about to change as the problems are over , the big trips have started i went to Jerusalem , such a good trip. Take plenty of one pound coins for tipping as small egyptian notes are always rare, security in resort is and has been for years the best and most effectiveof any country. the neighbours in the next door appt. were unique as a brief mention that every word and noise at 4 am were too easily heard was met with much care and respect {did nt expect that}Big up Isle of Arran.Gonna buy some cheese one day.
Newcastle lads {see review before} thanks you were so friendly to a lone ranger.
Most of the hotel was clean and well kept but my room floor needed a good sweep.Room security was top the safe was good quality ,easy to use .The only problem i had was i got bitten or stung 4 days before i left and had a bad reaction to it but as i carry an arsenal of tablets and creams for bites and anti histamine i got home without too much trouble, if you need to call the foreign Doc's you will be charged $50 to be seen ,$50 to be assessed and then drugs will be $50 plus.at least i avoided that. If you enjoy the shopping experience Sharm is the place there is so much to be done.The hotel is only a short distance from the airport but it doesnt matter as the planes werent too loud; i found it worse a few km away at the Moderna, Beach access is by the shuttle bus, i did not try this , but i did walk past the Rixon twice. this was good until stopped by a new security guard, the official way to walk is to ask at the Rixon opposite where you may be asked for a small charge but the new security guard next to the Rixon [left of it] wanted 16 dollar{cheeky [--]}. In all a good hotel at a good price. well worth a visit and will get first consideration next time as prices of beach hotels have risen sharply.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Turquoise Beach Hotel
Turquoise Beach Hotel
#195 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#93 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
#193 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Coral Hills Sharm El-Sheikh
Coral Hills Sharm El-Sheikh
#3 of 27 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Aqua Hotel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!