“Fine hotel”

Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Kiev, Ukraine
“Fine hotel”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I'd like to advise this hotel not only for couples and families, but alsj for groups and incentive programms. The hotel has an ability to provide special service and facilities for the corpiorative clients and events. We had enjoied our stay at the Hotel during march holidays.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen Soctland
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We have been to sharm 8 times and normally stay at the Grand Rotana,which we must say is always excellent but we thought we would try Nabq Bay for a change and we were not disappointed with our choice of the Cleopatra Luxury Resort.We were bed and breakfast as we like to try different resturants.At breakfast the staff were excellent and there was a wide variety to choose from so there was something to suit everyone--- the selection of pastries were second to none and we have been in many 5 star hotels.We never ate dinner in the buffet resturants but the comments from some of the guests were that there was always something you could eat. We did eat in the Italian resturant which was one of the best furnished we have seen--it was beautiful.the food was reasonable ,the staff gave excellent service but it lacked the ambiance of such a beautiful resturant as there was only one other guest eating there while we were there.It must be very disappointing for the staff as it is so under used by guests.Most of the guests at the hotel were all inclusive but they did receive a 20percent reduction on there bill when eating there.We tried the beach bar for a light lunch which was very disappointing. We waited some time before a waiter took our order for our drinks and meal; the drinks came in a reasonable time
but after one hour the head waiter came and asked us if we enjoyed our meal and when we told him we still had not received it after an hour waiting he seemed to be surprised and then started to blame the chef.when our meal finally arrived it was terrible to say the least and we left most of it.
The waiter insisted we did not pay for the meal even when my husband insisted he would but the waiter was so worried about the possibility of our complaining and him loosing his job .We left deciding we would not return to this beach bar again during our visit.
The reception staff were excellent and the Guest Relation officer,POLINA, was first class.
The room we were allocated was excellent and was always spotless and the bathroom had a tremendous shower.The pool area was excellent and pool staff very friendly and courteous.
This beautiful hotel has a lot to offer and very few British use it.The clientele are mainly Russian,Italian who are very well behaved--we never saw any guests abusing the all inclusive drink available.
What more can I say about this excellent value for money 5 star hotel but to say that we would definitely recommend it and that we would definitely return.I must add that my husband is a particularly fussy person and he has said that he would definitely be happy to use this hotel again

Room Tip: We were in cluster 8 on the 1st floor and had a lovely sea view as well as the pool
3 Thank lilyAberdeenSoctland
Ihab S S, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
]Dear valued customer
It is my great pleasure to read such review & I would to thank you for taking the time to evaluate our hotel.
I have just joined the hotel & I’m very happy to join such great property which it is one of the top hotels in Sharm El Sheikh.
I would like to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Thank you & wish you nice day.

Ihab Shawki
Santry, Ireland
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Just back from the Cleopatra Luxury. We stayed B&B and needed a well earned break. Hotel really fab. On par with the Ritz in Sharm. Didn't eat dinner at all so don't know about that but we had fab breakfast, loads to choose from and omelettes made fresh to order. The staff were very nice and friendly, especially romeo the pool attendent who had our towels laid out every monring for the 8 of us and couldn't do enough to help us. We found the rooms great with amazing views from the balcony. couldn't say enough about the place and would highly recommend it. Lunch in the beach grill was really lovely and very cheap. They also made lunch to order when asked. We had a wonderful break and will be going back. Karen and Eimear from the Nealy Party in March 2012

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank g30kellyd
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Upon arrival we were delighted with the hotel, it looks impressive, the receptionist was helpful and friendly. Our room 1135 was clean and very nice, however, although it did have a sea view, the view beneath was of the maintenance room where equipment, ropes etcs were on display. If we were staying longer than 4nights we would've asked for a pool view room. One of the first things we noticed was that the hotel staff in it's entirety consisted of only men as is the rest of Sharm el shiekh. Our room cleaner was too' friendly' to the point of initmidating, every time we left or went to our room he was there, asking 'where from, how are you etc'. On one occasion he kept knocking on our door until i eventually answered, he showed me a 5p coin he said he found outside and was it mine! The pool attendant and the other sfaff selling massages and excursions were similar, it felt intrusive. They need to get the balance right. The waiting staff are excellent and although friendly they don't constantly question you. We were b&b and glad we did not upgrade to HB or all inc. The food in the main restaurant was ordinary more 3star. The food in the two other restaurants was much better and inexpensive. The beach grill served snacks and was of a very good quality. We noticed also that where there was wear- and- tear, it was not being fixed. A number of the larger sunbeds were broken as was many of the lights above the doors to the bedrooms. On one occasion i saw from our balcony a maintenace man sitting on a table, emptying the contents of a wallet, then looking over a mobile phone, removing the sim card etc. It may of been his, but the behaviour looked unusual. All in all, it is a very nice hotel that is 5star in some aspects, 3star in other. If you are looking for an affordable hotel with a well positioned pool and bar overlooking the sea, just a few steps from the beach with good service and nice food and can tolerate the culture then i would definitely recommend this hotel. We also took a taxi to old Sharm. It is just the egyptian way, but i felt really uneasy the whole way there, he constantly questioned us and demanded that we take the return taxi back with him even though we said we did not want to, we felt he gave us no choice. The old town was like a shanti town, we were 2 of only 4 tourists there. I was the only woman. There were hardly any shops open, just egyptian men milling around, i've never felt so uneasy.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room - you will still have a seaview
3 Thank hertfordshireSarah
Ihab S S, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Dear customer,
Thank you for your review & all reviews are very important to us whether it is positive or negative since it always gives us ways to improve.
I’m the new General Manager of the hotel & I have just started together with new management to keep everything on it is right place & I’m sure that you will see all very good reviews very soon.
Thank you again for your time to review the hotel & we would like to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you & wish you nice day.

Ihab Shawki
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We spent a week at The Cleopatra and I have to admit that it was an excellent experience. As our first time in Egypt, we really had a good time.
People were very helpful and friendly. All of our requests were quickly answered...
The buffet was more than average as there was a lot of choice.
I will definitely go back to this hotel in a near future...

5 Thank Kam05
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Hav just returned from a 14nts stay @ cleopatra. This is my 2nd time here and it was just as memorable as the first. Check in was swift and pain free. Was very pleasantly surprised when I was given room 1017, located very near to reception, as I stayed in room 1018 the previous time,I think its in a prime location because u are central, very close to breakfast restaurant, pool area and lobby! And the view of pool and sea is just lovely. Was always out on my balcony soaking in t sun and just people watching. T rooms are spacious with t most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The shower is amazing too...no need to hav a bath! Housekeeping is excellent as your room is always cleaned and ready after a day out in t sun! I had Haney Ahmed and Mahmoud...thank u to both of u for your consistency and for looking after my room so well! Room service always arrives on time...try shish tuaouk and burger n fries...YUM! A very big hello and hug to all t pool staff...you're all so lovely and friendly. Made my stay more fun. Special hello to Romeo...my lovely friend. Had my towel ready for me on my bed every morning without fail. And also Miro and Karim. All t guys @ t spa were lovely too...not overly pushy when it came to them doing their rounds by t pool everyone morning! Hello Tito, Michael and Pepo. T beach has plenty of beds to lie on and is beautiful. There is t beach grill restaurant serving very acceptable food and drinks. I had t chicken wrap...delicious! T infinity pool is not heated so was quite cold but when t sun's out u can lie in it for a shortwhile. T weather was perfect mid to late 20 degrees. I hav a serious tan. I could go on and on singing my praises for his hotel...very hard working staff in t main restaurant. Am going back in August for another 14nts of relaxation, sun and a great time. I recommend this hotel very highly indeed

• Stayed February 2012
7 Thank hannalee
London
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I completely agree with the previous review.The hotel and rooms are 5 star but food and service are 3 at best. I asked to see the uncooked seabass in the Wharf restaurant and was presented with 2 fillets of a red fish! The chef eventually turned up with a 2kg seabass and refused to let me have one fillet, expecting me to pay over £100 for a fish I wouldnt be able to eat! I have had much better food in 4 star hotels in Sharm.
The staff are very intrusive and are constantly asking you 'Where from?' I was asked my age at breakfast and had waiters grabbing my book out of my hand and trying to read the cover! Most of the staff need some serious training on how to behave, I sincerely hope the management read these reviews as it is such a shame as the hotel is lovely. The pools and beach are great but unfortunately you get even more hassle from guys trying to sell you massages and trips all day long. Why they cant just leave brochures in the rooms.
Snorkelling is a must and try and stay in one of the beachfront rooms to watch the sunrise, amazing! If this hotel can get the food and service sorted I would definitely go back so I will be watching with interest to see whether this happens.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have a sunbed.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Weezloveswine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#2 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#11 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sultan Gardens Resort
Sultan Gardens Resort
#21 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!