“Amazing”

Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 19 July 2012

It is amazing hotel. Changing food categories every day. Good Animation program. Kinds friendly, my daughter was involved in their activities many times during the day. I wish I stay again in this nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank ahammadeng
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Amr salah
GM

Write a ReviewReviews (3,346)

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I have had to stay at this hotel three times, due to my company using this to "Billet" their staff somewhere whilst in the country.

All the bad reviews SPEAK BOOKS about what my experiences were. Yes take extra cash to go somewhere else to eat. The food was just ........Well just horrible! Service was horrible.. the situation was horrible. It was like someone took a beautiful hotel and just swapped the staff etc for something like " You've been Framed"!

If your blonde and a woman.. dye your hair black or shave it off, as the male staff "Slobber" over you if your a young female adult or lady who is blonde or pale skinned. I felt very angry and enraged by obvious and very inappropriate advances and comments from the staff, especially the pool staff.

Another member of our team had be-friended an Egyptian on a previous visit and had invited them to visit her at the hotel. That person was told they may not enter any part of the hotel, other than the reception area. They were then "Policed" by the hotel staff as if they were a criminal. They were also very very rude to my team mate who had invited their friend for the visit.

Lock your things away. Dont leave a coin or anything about in your room that may be of any value. DO NOT buy £1 coins from staff as these are usually fake and they often ask you to take them in exchange for £10 notes of british money. I got this several times each visit.

If you choose to go anywhere with a taxi.. the hotel is'nt the best place to book it.. having said that, we got cheaper taxi's on the hotel drive.. but got left in our destination by one agreed booking. DONT give them all the money for a both way return. Dont trust them even if they give you their number!
Haggling with the taxi drivers for our return to the Cleopatra "Luxury"? return collection nearly turned into a taxi driver riot! It became almost violent and pretty scary!
The hotel Taxi booking is over- expensive. So it's a bit like chancing your arm.

Over all....... take some pot noodles with you...... but you will be lucky if you got a kettle! Take a travel one with you. I did'nt have to pay for my stay.........cant believe people would choose to!

Study and question your bills too. Several of my team mates were overcharged. Or charged for things they did not have or request. Keep a tab on your spending.. keep your reciepts.

Room Tip: choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
15  Thank unlimited101
Reviewed 19 July 2012

When you first enter the lobby area which is vast and luxurious you are greeted by very friendly staff and are almost overwhelmed by the sheer class and quality of the hotel. The food is served in one large dining room and is buffet style but don't be put off by that because the food is of a very high standard, it caters for every taste (I'm a vegetarian and I ate extremely well), the dining room is exceptionally clean and even though the drinks served are locally produced the wine and beer was very good. Our room was luxurious and we upgraded to one that overlooked the beach and the red sea. The beds were twin beds but each one was just slightly smaller than a double bed so there was plenty of room and were very comfortable. Our room was 1508 and was looked after by a very friendly and eager to please man called Mohammed who worked tirelessly in the extreme heat to provide us with the very best service. All in all we found the Cleopatra to be on par with the luxury hotels we have stayed in when we were in Cancun. We were originally booked in another hotel in Egypt but spent just one night there and quickly made our exit after transferring to the Cleopatra where we felt that the same ratings were totally unjustified. If the first hotel was rated 5* then the Cleopatra must be 10* if such existed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a wonderful holiday with good food and total comfort. There are 3 large pools which were beautifully maintained on a daily basis and one of which had a swim up bar. There was also a beach bar which served drinks and snacks of a very high quality. Lastly when we checked out the reception staff were very attentive and even the owner of the hotel came and thanked us for staying there. Also I would just like to mention Mohammed Ramadan who was very helpful to us as well.

Room Tip: Upgrade when you get there and you only have to pay the hotel and not the tour operator as well.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank ThackeryBinks

Amr salah

Reviewed 18 July 2012

We booked the Cleopatra as we stayed there the previous year and had amazing time. I cannot fault the staff or the level of the accomodation , as the staff were very attentive and the accomodation was excellent. Having atayed at the hotel before , after complaining about the noise from the outdoor bar we upgraded to a luxury room.

I found the beach bar had limited choices of food for lunch and drinks were in small cups ( we were staying all inclusive) . Near the end of our holiday we were both bed ridden and had bad stomach aches, we had to pay a trip to a nearby pharmacey to buy antibiotics, we didn't venture out of the hotel during our stay so I can only put this down the food in the market restaurant or beach bar.

On our last day we were still bedridden but had to checkout, we were charged for a late checkout but this charge was withdrawn once we stated we had been unable to get out of our beds earlier due to our sickness.

I was surprised the manager did not want to receive our feedback, as to why we were ill. I do not think we will go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Coupleontour
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The hotel is some distance from Sharm itself but I didn't feel the need to go anywhere else, there some shops a couple of hundred yards down the road with more than enough tat for the tourist.
The hotel is new, clean and very well presented. My room was large and very comfortable with all mod cons and quiet efficient air conditioning (which is a must) the staff where excellent, very help full and friendly (except the Italian Ents crew who seemed to be a waste of space).
Two bottles of complimentry spring water where left in the room every day which meant 3 litres of safe water, so I knew what I'd drunk and never got dehydrated.
The food was more than adequate with a good selection in the main buffet and I didn't feel the need to use my free complimentry meal in one of al-a-carte resturants.

The beach, pier and Spa area was lovely and quite quiet whilst I was there and the two main pools always had free loungers. The beach grill was good for a burger or pizza at lunch time and somewhere quiet after dark with traditional pipes on offer.

The only down side was there was no where to go to escape the kids. Even the Bar/Pub often seemed more like a kindergarten at times even quite late into the night. Couldn't get near the pool table as the 6 - 14 year olds where on it most of the time. Recommendation: no under 16yo allowed in the bar after 7pm.

Overall a 9.5/10

Room Tip: Get a room with a Sea View!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Dr1971
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Amr Salah

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stayed here between the 2nd-9th July. Great rooms kept very clean. There really is nothing negative I can say about this hotel. The staff particularly were very friendly, helpful and went out of there way to help. 3 in particular, Mohamed form the jetty who has a real passion for his work, Jamaica from the pool area and the supervisor Kareem, who all helped to make the stay their exceptional, again would like to thank them. Did not try the spa so have no comment except the friendly banter from them to try it. Only had B&B, but breakfast was good and again friendly staff.
The snorkeling from the jetty is hard to describe, warm clear water and like dropping into an aquarium. The wreck further round 1hr walk or 1 EGP pound local bus near Kite Junkies is also a fantastic spot for snorkeling, but unsupervised and further out off the reef. With Mohamed's supervision believe anybody has the ability to go off the jetty from the hotel, I observed his passion and teaching ability to people who were obviously uneasy about entering the water, but soon found themselves swimming with him, adults and children alike.
I will return one day with my children to see this fantastic spot.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Gary B
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Dear guests We kindly thank you for your review and we hope to see you again in our hotel . Thank you and best regards
Amr Salah

Reviewed 16 July 2012

It does not even worth money,it's irritating rather than relaxing,poor food quality even that some desserts smelled disgusting;electricity interruption happens twice daily,elevators were out of order all the length of our stay(1 week),staff in charge are arrogant and don't have a clue how to deal with guests,I'll not mention entertaient as it has nothing to do with this place.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Ismai
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#5 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#9 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
#7 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#7 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!