“Excellent Holiday”

Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent Holiday”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My wife and I recently returned from this hotel following a 12 night stay. If I say that my wife was somewhat reluctant to go (to Egypt) beforehand, but following this holiday is looking forward to her next visit, then that will indicate what a wonderful holiday we enjoyed. Yes, the Cleopatra Luxury Resort is not a 5* hotel in the true sense of the word but it is an excellent hotel for an all-inclusive holiday at a price that no 5* hotel could ever hope to match. The staff are excellent, well trained and unfailingly polite and helpful. The food was a little restricted (as a Muslim run hotel there were no pork products on the menu) but we were always able to find hot tasty food and the salad bar was excellent with a wide ranging choice. In particularI, the omelettes cooked by Shaker in the morning were beautifullyn prepared and served. In addition, our package allowed us to enjoy 2 excellent meals at Fellini's and Red Sea Wharf, the hotel's a la carte restaurants.Our room and the hotel in general was kept really clean and tidy, no mean feat given a couple of quite windy days, and the pools were also kept really clean (thenk you Mena!). We used the huge infinity pool most of the time and yes it is quite cold (colder than the sea!) but once accustomed to the temperature, it was a marvelous pool to swim in. We have every intention of returning to this hotel sometime in the future and our only minor gripe is that the hotel's management should work harder towards getting rid of the sparrows that were a nuisance when al fresco dining at breakfast time.

Room Tip: The rooms further away from reception and nearer the sea were much quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RichM345
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear our Guest,

Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort -Sharm El Sheikh
We would like to express our sincerer appreciation for taking the time in publishing your very your review on your recent holiday at Cleopatra Luxury Resort
. We glad , that you enjoyed our resort with its facilities and that we exceed your expectations. We appreciate your comments and we will definitely take them into consideration.

Looking forward to welcome you again to Cleopatra Luxury Resort

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Recently spent 18 nights at the cleopatra,hotel spotless,room was spacious and well furnished,we were in block 5 which looked over the infinity pool and a great sea view.All staff were really friendly and helpful,customer service was fantastic.Food in the restaurant was good and varied,although sometimes could have been hotter.Beach snack bar was good with its own menu(burgers, hotdogs,fajitas,chicken and choice of pizzas) all served to you piping hot.Hotel has its own reef and jetty ideal for snorkelling,been out scuba diving in sharm a number of times,this reef is as good as it gets-great!! Would recommend cleopatra and would definitely return.

3 Thank TCMS67
Dear our Guest,
On behalf of the entire Cleopatra Luxury Resort. management and staff much appreciate your comments I would like to thank you for your feedback , also we are glad to know that all our services and staff here were up to your expectations
We have a big target to maintain the highest standard of service to meet all guest expectations
we will be looking forward to welcoming you again in the resort
and thanks for your recommendation.
We will be looking forward to welcoming you again in our sunny resort.
Kindly find our contact email for any future requests or enquiry:
reservation@thecleopatrasharm.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I booked 4 nights at the Cleopatra luxury (!) resort as it had such good reviews on trip advisor and I was seriously disappointed. I should have suspected something wasn't right when I arrived and was given a glass of orange squash in a champagne glass. It kinda summed the resort up and took me back to my schools days (the orange squash, not the champagne glass...).

The place is 99% Russians which it understandably caters for so if you are English I recommend you steer clear. I have nothing against Russian people but they eat differently to us Brits and have a different way about them. Only one women works in the hotel from what I could see (she was Russian, rude and stand offish towards me). This lack of yin (or is it yang?) frankly creates a very unbalanced and slightly strange atmosphere. The men who work there are friendly to be fair, but the English women I met said they felt ignored by the staff who only spoke to their husbands! Maybe that's the Egyptian way but doesn't cut it for me.

The food was over salted, stale and discoloured in the all inclusive market place. The chicken sausages made me laugh and who knew you could cut off cucumbers into so many shapes! And don't even get me started about the desserts. They looked stunning but tasted of nothing I have ever experienced before. They had a common processed sloppy soil kind of flavour with a hint of honey? On the plus side there was no way I was going to put on weight by eating too much! I quite liked the mango ice cream they served at the beach cafe but it came in a plastic disposable water cooler cup - not very five star! My package included 2 nights in so called a la carte restaurants which were as horrendous as the all inclusive buffet restaurant.

My room was run down, dusty and the floor had a layer of dirt and grime on it. The pillows smelt a bit grim and needed to be replaced. There was no heating in the room and it was freezing at night. When I complained I was sent two (?) towelling robes which I slept in every night with a pair of socks!

The grounds of the hotel were beautiful but only a small part of one the pools was heated which had loud music playing by it. The beach was stunning and quiet but littered with cigarette butts which needed to be cleared up. The beach towels were tatty and needed to be replaced. On the plus side I loved snorkelling on the reef.

This hotel is absolutely not a Western/ European 5 star hotel but could be if the food was fresher, better cooked and the rooms were refurbished, cleaned and the bedding was replaced. Also - when you leave the grounds of hotel you are constantly hassled by men trying to sell you things which is tiresome.

I regret not complaining more about my room and the food but I felt a bit intimidated and I was only there for 4 nights which I made the best of and thoroughly enjoyed the sun! I have given the resort one star for the grounds and one star for the reef.

My advice - avoid the hotel and avoid Sharm - it's a nasty place. There are much more atmospheric, cleaner and more interesting places to visit in the world.

Room Tip: Don't choose this resort in the first place!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Joel K
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Dear Guest,
Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury resort -Sharm El Sheikh,
As per our record by the guest relation you request in the first day of your arrival one bath rope in your room 2201 and you received it within only 15 minutes & as per Hotel policy the guest relation make sure everything is ok with guest on the next day of arrival we made courtesy call and you mentioned everything is ok . You stayed in the hotel for 04 days only, so regarding to your comment about the Russian guest was 99% we want to draw your attention that we have mix nationalities English, Russian, Italian, Ukrainian, French, German, Swiss & Polish.
During the whole stay you haven’t referred back to the hotel managements regarding any of the above mentioned comments.
We hope to see you again for a better stay to remove the negative impression you got.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We have just returned from spending 10 days holiday at the Cleopatra Luxury Resort - 31st Jan-10th Feb.

Checking in was very easy and were greeted with a welcome drink. We had been upgraded to a superior room with a view of the Red Sea and pools. The room was well serviced and it was kept exceptionally clean and well stocked with shampoo, conditioner and body wash. We were also treated to 'his and hers' bathrobes and slippers and on two occasions flowers were put in our room which was a lovely touch.

All the pools and gardens were kept to a very high standard and it was a pleasure to be able to walk around the complex. On one occasion I was putting up the umbrella when the pool attendant come running over saying it was his job to do that - we were there to relax and enjoy ourselves :-) We felt quite pampered and the sun beds were really comfortable.

The beach restaurant was a great place to go and enjoy lunch or a coffee as it overlooked the Red Sea and it was so relaxing with the staff being very welcoming.

The staff in the Market Restaurant were also very friendly and they kept the restaurant exceptionally clean and tidy and a good selection of food was available.

A particular mention needs to be given to the lobby bar staff. They kept us well fueled either with coffee's or G&T's and we enjoyed the live music in the lobby. In particular the classic guitar player whom we enjoyed very much.

During our stay it was my wife's birthday and following a relaxing day round the pool, upon our return back to our room, the hotel had provided a birthday cake and a lovely birthday wish message which was again a lovely touch. That evening we enjoyed an excellent meal in the Red Sea Wharf restaurant and would recommend a visit as part of the all inclusive package.

This is our sixth visit to Egypt and would say that this stay has been far the best yet and look forward to going to back again.

Yes there were quite a lot of Russians in the Hotel, but we got chatting to some of them and they were friendly people.

Well done to the management team and all the staff for making our stay both enjoyable and relaxing.

2 Thank S F
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Guests

Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh

We appreciate for taking the time in publishing your review of your recent holiday at Cleopatra Luxury Resort.We glad, that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to welcome you again to Cleopatra Luxury Resort

Sunny regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Stayed at the Cleopatra for 10 nights. First time in Egypt for my husband and I. Overall impression of the hotel is good however the local spirits, food and evening entertainment let it down. Unless you had a cocktail to eliminate the horrendous taste of gin, vodka etc we found we couldn't drink them. Other guests at the hotel agreed. Food was fairly average although other guests who had stayed in other hotels in Egypt said the food at the Cleopatra was the best they'd had in Egypt. We never attempted the salad bar, desserts or fresh fruit as regrettably there always seemed to be flies on the food! Certain foods were covered up and then others were left for the flies to dine on! Evening entertainment was fairly average and sometimes lacked any thought although the animation team were probably restricted to what they could and couldn't do. If you're after a chilled out holiday in beautiful surroundings then this hotel is a great spot. From the day we arrived to the day we checked out nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We upgraded our room to a beachfront room which was well worth the additional cost!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Greeting from the Cleopatra Sharm resort -Sharm El Sheikh,
Cleopatra Luxury resort glad to know that you are enjoyed your stayed with us and very thankful to you for your kind comment on tripadvisor. The team of Cleopatra Luxury resort try to reach 100% of our guest satisfactions and to make you feel so comfortable, to enjoy your stay & the time you spent.
Regarding to your comment about the food we want to draw your attention that our all inclusive start at 10:00 am till 02:00 am, we have 07 different themes night s served every day in the main restaurant at dinner time as the following:
01 Fish & sea food
02 Far east
03 Gala dinner
04 Mexican
05 Italian
06 International
07 Oriental
And every guest has 02 free invitations for our ala card restaurant (the Italian restaurant- which has 03 different delicious Italian menus and fish restaurant with has also 03 different menu’s with fantastic atmosphere) per week we need to reach guest (nationalities) satisfactions.
A lunch was taken in main restaurant which has huge salad buffet, 02 kind of fresh soup changing every day and ten hot items including meat, chicken, sea food, section of bakery, fruits and delicious sweets,we have the healthy corner and also and kids have small buffet in the main restaurant there also lunch at beach grill which served hot fresh sandwiches with farm frites in addition to 05 favorite Italian pizza.
Snacks available in : active pool bar from 11:00 till 05:00pm
Family pool bar from 11:00 till 05:00pm
we have Morning activities, Afternoon activities, Evening activities &Evening show Programs (daily) pus to live Guitarist - singer twice a week

Thank you for choosing our Hotel & looking to see you again
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2013

The hotel is clean and well managed. The gym is used infrequently but well equipped.There are 3 pools one is heated (which is mainly used for activities by the reps which entertain Russians/Italians usually to techno/dance music from 11-4 ) - The infinity pool has a breathtaking vue but is colder and fortunately quieter and there is also one pool situated next to the gym. Wi-fi is available but only available with a voucher (free if all inclusive) in the lobby of the hotel occasionally it is unavailable so some kind of dongle might be useful if you want to use the internet in your room. The nightly entrainment is more geared towards Russians but is voiced in English too. The all inclusive food was was okay and there is normally a themed night with the food, its better to arrive early to get the best picks off the food. There is a beach bar which serves drinks and snack such as cheeseburgers and pizzas between 12-5 which overlooks the red sea. The rooms are regularly cleaned and you should remember to put the do not disturbed sign on if you don't want to be disturbed too frequently. If you want a quiter time in the day time do not get a room too close to the main pool, hence and ipod/music of some sort is useful to take too. The internet in the room is LAN = so take that into account if you need to take usb adapters etc... Taxi from Nama bay to the hotel should cost 50 Egyptian pound and the same from the airport make sure you haggle (women generally tend to get favored more when it comes to haggling ! - some of the taxi drivers will start at 220 Egyptian pound - so be warned... Its worth checking out some of the local supermarkets as there dirt cheap too.... We also went snorkeling to Ras Mohammed which was well worth doing (cost about 400 Egyptian pound for two of us) this included a buffet at lunch time - its a full day out and they pick you up from hotel and drop you off (although we stopped off at nama bay after the cruise/snorkel - make sure you tell the rep if you do!) We went from the 4th -11 th Feb and it was Sunny and 27+ most days some days were windy but still warm (bearing in mind this is Egyptian winter) if you burn easily SPF 30+ as there were definitely some sorry looking lobsters. Tipping is not a must in the hotel but the staff always seemed pleased to get a tip. Ps - if your wondering how to get the big shower to work in the bedrooms there is a pit you pull down at the bottom of the bar. There are 3 English speaking channels but you might want to take some of your own entertainment. I would go here again.

Room Tip: Cluster 8 is situated to main pool - if you don't like day time noise this is probably not the b...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank 475Mike
Dear Guest,
Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort -Sharm El Sheikh.

Looking forward to welcome you again to Cleopatra Luxury Resort

Best regards
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Went to Sharm for some winter sun in January 2013. Booked 5 star all inclusive at this resort hotel. The hotel really is second to none. The rooms are of high quality, the food selection was good with the addition of meals in two 'a la carte' restaurants. It has its own private beach, reef and beach bar - if you like snorkelling this is heaven.
However, the most importnat ingredient, and the thing that would bring you back, is the service by all the staff. First rate and no detail overlooked. Cant recommend this rersort hotel highly enough.

4 Thank Graham M
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 16 February 2013
Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort -Sharm El Sheikh

We appreciate for taking the time in publishing your review of your recent holiday at Cleopatra Luxury Resort .We glad, that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to welcome you again to Cleopatra Luxury Resort .
Kindly find our contact email for any future requests or enquiry:
reservation@thecleopatrasharm.com

Sunny regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#2 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#12 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Sultan Gardens Resort
Sultan Gardens Resort
#21 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!