My wife and two children (7 and 7) stayed over Easter for ten nights at an apartment on an all inclusive basis. We have been to Sharm El Sheikh before and this hotel is much better than the others we have stayed at. However we did pay more.
We had a modern style apartment, cleaned daily to an excellent standard, with: two air conditioned bedrooms one master with very comfy super king sized bed the other with two small double beds; kitchen (with washing machine and fridge freezer); very large open plan dining and living area; two bathrooms (no bath, large showers); seven balconies (a little unnecessary). Really fabulous apartment overlooking a pool reserved for apartment guests. We didn't use the kitchen facilities apart from the fridge and washing machine. There was little in the way of utensils or crockery apart from some glasses cups and spoons.
Excellent overall. All guest areas modern, comfortable and clean. Two main pools both large and unheated. Bar staff good Mohammed in the lobby bar. Ghandalf on concierge.
Good buffet style. Some of the food was very good i.e. Egyptian night very good ...koftas excellent. Ahmed in market restaurant very helpful.
Apologies to the friendly staff at the Itallian restaurant, but the service was a shambles the food was marginally better and made a change to the the buffet. The fish restaurant had a spectacular setting service was better than the Italian, but fish not so good, lamb chops very good. Go figure!
Drinks - good espresso from the beach bar; beer was good always cold lager being local bottled, not draught, served in the usual plastic 200ml glasses. This was different in the lobby bar and in the buffet restaurant drinks being served in glass. Good range of cocktails e.g. Mojito all standard inclusive much better than the usual luminous orange syrupy efforts served at all inclusives. The standard wine (red and white) served with dinner and available at the bars was ok too.
Kids club great - our kids loved it. It seemed a little disorganised at first, but it's holiday not school and the kids club facility was a safe bespoke covered air conditioned building and play area. Big thanks Katie and Lauren our girls loved all your activiteis and having their faces painted like coal miners. There were three sessions available two and half hours in the morning two hours in the afternoon and the could have their dinner in the evening with the club. There was also a supervised disco for the children in the evening.
The beach is fine gritty sand and a bit rocky in places a terraced area with good parasols, sunbeds and windbreaks all kept clean and tidy. Pool areas were excellent. We spent most of our time camped at the quiet (no animation activities) infinity pool with lots of help with parasols from karate Mido. The other pool was busier and livelier with a swim up pool activities such as aerobics and water polo thanks Dima (massive Russian from animation). The animation team would walk round the pool areas in the emorning to let you know what activities were on where and when.
The sea was shallow and warm from the beech and shelved off the reef at the end of a 50 metre jetty where we found excellent supervised swimming and snorkeling.
Overall the holiday was very good and certainly a mile better than anything else we've been to in Sharm El Sheikh.
We'd consider going again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh is located in the Sinai Peninsula in the splendid isolation of Nabq Bay along the shores of the Red Sea with a water front private beach. The Resort offers one of a kind ambiance and style by reflecting the location, culture and history. The Resort combines the tradition of its host community with exceptional Service & Cuisine a luxury product with attention to detail. This distinction elevates Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh into the upper echelon of a five star hotel destination for sophisticated travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cleopatra Luxury Resort Collection Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay