We have just returned from a weeks holiday in Sharm. It's the first time we have been, probably the last. Thanks to **MONARCH** the flights both ways are severly delayed, they are packed in and its spoilt a great holiday.
The Cleopata resort itself is fine, a mixed bag of Europeans, which really adds to the holiday, by that I mean its not just a load of Brits moaning about the food. The place is immaculate, the pools, restaurants and gym are really well looked after. The rooms are clean and tidy, if you upgrade you get a room upstairs with a sea view, well worth the few extra pounds.
The kids entertainment is great, a bit happy clappy if you haven't got any, but you can dodge that if you need to. The team are great fun, Hannah from Liverpool was a great laugh and really inclusive. There is a really secluded pool by the gym that the kids don't go near, worth a look.
The food in the main restaurant is ok, if your fussy or a basic food lover, beware. The desserts are great and there is plenty of fruit and salad. The Italian restaurant is really good, on a par with restaurants in town. The fish restaurant is not so great, they should look at a decent upmarket burger joint. Drinks are another matter, the wine is not too bad but not great, as for the cocktails, well who knows what they are, 7 parts sugar, one part meths!?!? Again beware, gin, vodka and brandy all taste the same and if you think I'm joking, wait until the next day!!! The 'local alcohol' is just Moonshine.
The beach is great and the snorkelling is really good, there are beauty reps who will try and sell you a massage, shave or a haircut, all very cute, they like the English as they think we are a soft touch, take my advice pretend to be Russian or you won't hear the end of it.
All in all it was a great place to stay if your on a bit of a luxury budget, it,s rated #5 on trip advisor, the hotels either side were too busy so I guess this must be a bit more exclusive, and worth every penny, just don't fly with** MONARCH**- Never again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh is located in the Sinai Peninsula in the splendid isolation of Nabq Bay along the shores of the Red Sea with a water front private beach. The Resort offers one of a kind ambiance and style by reflecting the location, culture and history. The Resort combines the tradition of its host community with exceptional Service & Cuisine a luxury product with attention to detail. This distinction elevates Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh into the upper echelon of a five star hotel destination for sophisticated travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cleopatra Luxury Resort Collection Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay