“Fantastic holiday”

Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Just returned from my wonderful holiday at the Cleopatra
Was rather worried as its my first time in Egypt and staying at an all inclusive, but from the minute I arrived I loved the place. I had a concern over the first room we were given but nothing was too much trouble for ibrahim the concierge who immediately upgraded us. Check in was quick and easy and we were given a tour in the golf buggy. We stayed in room 2109 which had a lovely view of the pool and red sea. The room was large with a large comfortable bed sheets seemed to be changed everyday bliss. Amedy(sorry if spelt incorrect) kept our room spotless and loved the towel art nothing was too much trouble.

Food.... On arrival met another couple who told me food was awful but much to my surprise I found the food ok, it's not 5 star but as I am a fussy eater I had no trouble finding something I liked, breakfast in the morning was great lots to choose from, thank you to the chef at the egg station, lunch and dinner was very much the same again thank you to the chef on the pasta station, if you didn't like anything there, you could go to the Beach Grill or Pool bar for pizza, burgers chips etc just remember they are catering for Russians, Egyptians, Germans, etc so be open minded.

What can I say about the staff they were fantastic,Ahmed on the terrace our breakfast and lunch waiters who made sure our every need was met. The bar staff at Pilli Pilli bar again we never had an empty glass, the animation team who tried to get us to join in sorry but we were just too lazy.Ahmed and Mido at the infinity pool what a double act,our pool waiter in his Mexican hat (Mr Happy) who kept us supplied with drinks a special thanks to Mido who made sure we had a sunbed everyday and again nothing was too much trouble for him. It was so nice to be pampered.

We did tip our staff as I feel the service they gave was excellent, but they didn't expect it, but they work long hours and wages are low in Egypt and it was our way of giving something back to them. One thing I would say make sure you take lots of mosquito spray, lots of people were covered in bites we were lucky. The snorkelling is great at the hotel although the Red Sea was a bit rough at times.

Overall it was a fantastic holiday, pampered by the staff, value for money, be open minded about the food, we would certainly return again

1  Thank Colleen W
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

We are grateful to have fantastic comment from you and delighted to know that you have enjoyed yourselves and we were up to the expectations.

It’s warming to have you describe it as " “Fantastic holiday”” as that is exactly what we working for . for mosquito issue we deal with pest control company that spray the hotel 02 times per day at sunset & sunrise

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Returned yesterday after spending a week at the Cleopatra Luxury. The hotel itself is beautiful, always clean, gardens manicured and fabulous views over the Red Sea. This itself is enough for a wonderful holiday. However what changes this from a wonderful holiday to an amazing experience is the staff. All staff, without exception, from gardeners, cleaners and waiters are friendly and polite and nothing is too much trouble. From the minute we arrived I was made to feel very special. Ahmed, the waiter from the terrace at the Market Restaurant, was a joy. Always smiling, always attentive. Our wine glasses were never empty! (Hope you have a fab holiday with your family in Luxor). Alaa at the infinity pool never stopped from the minute we sat down to the minute we left. Again drinks were always there and always served with a smile. Essam who cleaned our room did a fabulous job and his towel art was so creative - thank you. We never once felt that the staff were not genuinely friendly and only after tips.

The food was plentiful and varied and well cooked. I spent many an hour on the terrace waiting for my other half to finish yet another plateful!!

A mention has to be made to the animation team. Sorry we were so lazy - I promise when we come back next year we will stay longer and join in some of the day time activities. The entertainment in the evening was as it was supposed to be...entertaining. Admittedly it was not slick and 5 star but that was what made it such fun.

I am looking forward to a return visit and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on TripAdvisor.

It gives us a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with your family in our Red Sea Paradise, as described by our regular guests..

Your feedback is highly appreciated and for entertainment nights we have Guitarist playing Flamenco style and famous romantic music and wonderful violin player plus to Schedule show and animation schedule..

thank you for your recommendation..

Review is very important to us as there is nothing more rewarding than a positive comment from a happy guest..

Looking forward to welcoming you and your family again in the near future.

All the best,

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at the resort with my wife and 10year old daughter for 7 days in November. I found the hotel clean and pleasant. The all inclusive experience is good, it's not your 5star uk hotel but it is a good 4 star uk standard. What makes the hotel is the staff they are so attentive be it the pool waiter, restaurant staff or the animation team. I jokingly said I would write a bad review about the team but that can't be further from the truth. They really tried they were fun and up for a laugh. Now here is the hints. Tip the staff little but often only a pound and it will make the difference. Every day your sun lounger will be reserved for you. In the restaurant your drinks will be there for you. Around the pool refreshments will be supplied on regular basis. The food is nice but like all inclusive can be a little repetitive. If your nice to the staff it will enhance your experience. The only negative was observing some down right rude Russians shouting at the staff. It costs nothing to be well mannered. It for the coral reef bring some pool shoes as the coral is very sharp. The beach bar is excellent for lunch and the bar next to reception is great to chill on an evening. Overall my family and I loved the hotel, as I say the staff made our stay a wonderful experience. Is it true Thomas Cook are taking over the hotel for next season?

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest,

First let me thank you for choosing Cleopatra Luxury Resort for visiting Egypt for first time .
we appreciate your nice comments about the staff and animation team work, they are really tired to archive guest satisfaction as you mentioned in your review.

Our food quality and selection is one of the best chose and we upgrade food menus and items in all out lets time by time .

For your negative point which you mentioned about the Russian guest they share our hotel by 25% .

We tray our best throw rules and signs " use the sea were shoes for not step on corals".
according to comparison by 5 * hotel in UK and Sharm el Sheikh, it's unfair comparison regarding for value of money.

Looking to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed for 10 days in November and absolutely loved it. It was very quiet, 1 of the pools was completely empty every day. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly, nothing is too much trouble. The annimation team had just started when we arrived and were great, planned lots of activities but weren't too bullyish about making people join in. If you play water polo, make sure Rico is on your team!

The food was on the whole good, not British 5* but definitely edible. The food at the seafood restaurant was particularly good and in a beautiful setting by the sea. They must be being very careful when washing fruit and making ice etc as neither of us got any jip from our tummies!

Would recommend booking only one massage to start with if you'd like one rather than buying in bulk, they're not to everyone's taste!

Very few things to change about the hotel. Would be nice to have an iron and board in the room but they do bring one if you ask. Loads of mozzies, make sure you bring spray if you're someone they tend to like.

Oh and the hotel and most shops/stalls accept pounds and euros, we wouldn't have bothered changing any money if we'd known, didn't need to at all.

Thanks for a lovely stay, we'll be back.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room overlooking the stage area if you're someone who's early to bed, loud...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Greeting from Cleopatra Sharm resort -Sharm El Sheikh,

First thank you for your summery and rating us on TripAdvisor by " Lovely Hotel"
Cleopatra Luxury resort glad to know that you are enjoyed your stayed with us and very thankful to you for your kind comment on TripAdvisor.
team of Cleopatra Luxury resort try to reach 100% of our guest satisfactions and to make you feel so comfortable, to enjoy your stay & the time you spent.

regarding to your comment mentioned about the food is not British 5* , we want to draw your kindly attention that we upgrade our meals to match with other different nationalities. our all inclusive start at 10:00 am till 02:00 am, we have 07 different themes night s served every day in the main restaurant at dinner time as the following:
01 Fish & sea food
02 Far east
03 Gala dinner
04 Mexican
05 Italian
06 International
07 Oriental
And every guest has 02 free invitations for 02r ala card restaurant.

A lunch was taken in main restaurant which has huge salad buffet, 02 kind of fresh soup changing every day and ten hot items including meat, chicken, sea food, section of bakery, fruits and delicious sweets,we have the healthy corner and also and kids have small buffet in the main restaurant there also lunch at beach grill which served hot fresh sandwiches with farm frites in addition to 05 favorite Italian pizza.

and we followed hygiene system with global Safety company (E Cristal ), and for mosquito's issue our pest control company spry the hotel at sun set and sun rise times per day.
for Massage issue will be taken in our considerations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cleopatra Luxury Resort on your next trip to Sharm El Sheikh.

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

The staff were very friendly, and i didnt have to lift a finger on holiday due to the kind staff doing everything for you, so i had a lovely relaxing holiday. both ahmed's in the market restaurant were lovely people, the man in charge of the gym was lovely and smileyman (mimo) and tito by the infinity pool were fantastic. our towels were out for us every day in the same spot and the staff were always there should you need a parasol moving. Also the drinks man by the infinity pool was so nice and always brought you drinks, you didnt even have to ask. the staff are a credit to the hotel and its the staff that made the holiday as good as it was. The hotel is beautiful and clean, the rooms large and luxurious and lots to chose from in the restaurants. i will certainly be coming back to this hotel again, thank you for a wonderful holiday :-)

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Natasha F

It’s warming to have you describe it as “Fantastic hotel and courteous staff” as that is exactly what we working for .

YOU Thank you for your wonderful review and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

we travelled 04/11/2013-15/11/2013
Well what can I say, first of all a thank you to the staff who really made a difference, MIDO the pool assistant very caring, always happy always doing anything he can to help you have great start to the day always thinking of the guests and going out his way on many occasions to help us enjoy our holiday.
CARLA from the animation team fits in as if she's been there for years a great member of the team and again always making me and my girlfriend and friends feel very welcome. Every night making a point of coming over to see how we where and see how my girlfriend was as she had to visit the doctors.
and then the amazing 'MAMO' on the animation team. What a character a genuinely lovely lad, we see MAMO all day everyday and what a pleasure he was a very honest and fun guy literally making everyday fun. I have travelled all over the world and these are the best group of staff as a whole that I've seen all very caring towards the customers, not looking for tips or hand me outs, literally just there to help you have the perfect holiday very very impressed with all the staff from the guys cleaning the rooms, bar staff pool assistants and the animation team.

moving onto the hotel again perfection in our eyes we got upgraded on arrival which was a great start to the holiday and it did not fail to impress. very spacious rooms, pristine clean and all modern. The beds are very big and very comfortable. From looking at all the other places in the area for the money its definitely the best in that price range and well worth the money. I would recommend taking your own snorkel and mask as its good snorkelling just off the jetty although you can rent them for a very small price. the beach isn't the best as its quite rocky although its very well kept.

looking at other reviews I can see why there are some negative comments on the variety of food it can be quite samey however we were very impressed with that standard of the food all very well cooked and all extremely tasty, a good variety of meats usually beef chicken and fish without fail, although this is right up my street there isn't to much standard food for children if they are fussy eaters.

we done to excursions the star gazing and the pirate boat both great experiences. the hotel is pretty well situated in sharm and not big transfers to the main local attractions.

'A BIG MESSAGE' to take mosquito spray or buy it from the pharmacy next door as a lot of people seem to get attacked quite early on one of which being my g/f pretty nasty bites and can get infected however they have a great doctor on site which is very handy. we saw him more then we wished too however he is a very big help and again just there to help the customers out.

As a whole we where very impressed and thank you for a brilliant holiday. if we had a reason to go back to sharm I wouldn't even consider a different hotel for the price. I would definitely recommend to everyone travelling to sharm and looking at the different options to sway towards the Cleopatra you wont be disappointed I promise. I looked up most hotels in the region and other then the four seasons which was out of budget the Cleopatra is by far the best overall hotel.
Thank you again to the staff and management.

2  Thank steven p

Dear Guest ,
Sunny Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Sharm El Sheikh- Red Sea,

First let me thank you for visiting Cleopatra luxury Resort and thank you for sharing your comments and experience on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful to have another fantastic comment from you after your 7th stay and delighted to know that you have enjoyed and we have lived up to the expectations n. It’s warming to have you describe it as “'BRILLIANT HOLIDAY, AMAZING STAFF,PERFECT HOTEL'” as that is exactly what we strive for here.

Thank you again for your recommendation and looking to welcome you soon :)
All the best

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We have just come home from a week staying at The Cleopatra luxury resort. We found the stay extremely relaxing and very welcomed by all the staff. I would defiantly advise the best rooms are based along the sea front. The animation team worked extremely hard and made our trip, Magdy and DJ Ahmed Fares showed us a few really good nights out in Sharm taking us to Space and also Hard Rock Cafe, they made our nights both times and also during the day it was nice to have them around, our holiday wouldn't of been the same without them. Other staff had also been the AMAZING - Ahmed Elsaid, Medo and the pool waiter he always had the biggest smile on his face such a good person to have around you - always willing to help. The only issue we had was room service, I would advised that you NEVER give cash for your meal, always sign for it and add it the the room I made the mistake as I had been ill for a day and I ended up paying 100ed for a plate of croissants and one glass of orange juice, it also took about 45mins for me to get through to anyone, alway food selection isn't great but you take it for what it is for an AI. All in all we had a lovely time away, and we wish we could of stayed longer. Definitely recommend hotel and would like to thank all the hotel staff we forgot to of mentioned.

1  Thank Coral C

Thank you for your positive feedback and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and most of all the hospitality of our Staff.

Your review is very important to us and we hope to always be up to your expectations...
regarding to room service issue we are deeply sorry for taking 45 minutes , and if you contact reception or guest relation office to inform them you are sick or have doctor description will get your order for free, but you didn't inform us...

We hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#5 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Barcelo Tiran Sharm
Barcelo Tiran Sharm
#11 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#11 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#65 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!