We stayed at the Cleopatra Luxury Resort from the 17th to the 24th of June. On arrival, the reception area is stunning, very luxurious and airy. Having checked in, our luggage was taken to the room. We were unhappy with our room (due to the location and lack of a view). We returned to reception and asked to change room. This was a huge ordeal for the guy working on reception (I wish I had his name). We had to argue with him for 10/15 minutes before he eventually agreed to switch our room… this seemed to be a real inconvenience for him. This was the only time during our week long stay that we had any problems with the staff service at the hotel. Every other member of staff we encountered was friendly, helpful and very hardworking.
Our new room was much nicer; it overlooked the infinity pool and the sea. The room was spacious and modern, towels/linen was changed daily and there was always bottled water in the fridge.
The a la carte restaurants at the hotel are both fantastic and offer a nice alternative to eating in the main buffet restaurant. The 5 course meal in the Italian restaurant was very good. You won’t be leaving here hungry, that’s for sure. There is a large variety available; the setting is also very nice. The fish restaurant was great… I’m not a ‘fish fan’ however we decided to try it regardless. The setting is beautiful, with views of the Red Sea and a nice sea breeze present on the outdoor terrace. Not all options on the menu are fish; there are alternatives with every course. Overall I would recommend everyone to try it. Waiter service at both a la carte restaurants was excellent, they always ensure you have a drink and will go out of their way to get anything you need.
For lunch we went to the Beach Grill. There are beautiful views overlooking the sea. The service here is always excellent, there is a wide variety of food which can be ordered, including; pizzas, burgers, salads, fajitas etc. You never have to wait too long on your food. There is an Ice Cream fridge which you can help yourself to.
The entertainment at the hotel was minimal… We didn’t engage in any activities during our stay. The Animation team need to try harder to engage the guests. I like having things to do during the day, and so had I been asked the chances are I would have got involved. The hotel were showing all World Cup games outside on the terrace on a big screen as well as inside in the conference suite, this meant I never had to miss a game. You’re never too far from a bar when you’re watching the football.
I would like to give a special mention to Ahmed from the Lobby Bar. Ahmed is a credit to the hotel. He is always on the go; he remembered our names and always had our drinks ready before we even asked him. Also, Khaled at the Beach Grill also deserves great credit. He was always very welcoming and helpful… nothing was too much to ask. He ensured that you always had a drink and would bring us ice creams after our meal.
Overall we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We have been to Sharm four times and this was our first stay at the Cleopatra, outstanding service at all times. We look forward to returning next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh is located in the Sinai Peninsula in the splendid isolation of Nabq Bay along the shores of the Red Sea with a water front private beach. The Resort offers one of a kind ambiance and style by reflecting the location, culture and history. The Resort combines the tradition of its host community with exceptional Service & Cuisine a luxury product with attention to detail. This distinction elevates Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh into the upper echelon of a five star hotel destination for sophisticated travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cleopatra Luxury Resort Collection Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay