“Great hotel”

Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed with my boyfriend at the hotel for two weeks. Unfortunately we only haf half board as based on previous holidays we were never at the hotel during the day so we thought it wasn't necessary to get full board. ..bad choice for Egypt; day time was too hot and going outside the resort meant higher prices; lots of haggling and taxi men running after you so we ended up spending a lot more buying lunch and drinks during the two weeks we stayed ... also visibly noticeable that the staff treated us less favourably by looking at our bands never mind we tipped them every time we purchased something. ..but nevertheless there has been some pleasant people at the hotel too who were very friendly and helpful and tried to make our holiday a good experience.

The entertainment was awesome we even made good friends with some such as Shona, David and Kelly and they all tried very hard to keep us happy and make every night at the resort entertaining and exciting. Going out with them was so much fun so thank you guys you are awesome!

The food was nice despite me not eating beef and most of the choices were beef I still had good choices of starters salads mains and deserts.

hotel room was great but if you have full board and go at times where hotel is not full they will probably upgrade your room. Us however being on half board we didn't matter as much.anyway rooms are clean and spacious and have great facilities and views although our back door didnt lock and despite having the repair men coming twice to fix it it still did not lock

overall it's a good hotel though and I would recommend it

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank dilor1993
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Dilor,
Sunny Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort- Sharm El Shaikh,

We will pass your nice comment to above Cleopatra Team member ...

We do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort. we will pass your nice comment to our team member.
you can follow us on facebook page Cleopatra Luxury Resort Collection
Warmest regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in Egypt a number of times before we stumbled accross the Cleopatra Luxury Resort, and boy was it luxury. Compared to other hotels in Sharm this one wont disappoint.

A grand reception, smart concierge that whisk you on a golf buggy to your room. Waiters that give you attentive service with a smile.

Great food throughout the entire holiday plus super cocktails and drinks, I recommend the beach grill at lunchtime!

Great pool staff, Hamdi and Mo, plus not to mention who made our holiday, the animation team were the best we have seen! having seen many on our travels I can honestly say everyone was amazing and especially Carla who made our stay so much more enjoyable. Great to have here make you feel welcome and bring together nationalities who all keep themselves to themselves. I so hope she is there when we return in September! !

Other shoutouts are to Kelly in guest relations another star in the cleopatra team!! thanks for all your help. see you in september.

You cannot find a better hotel in Sharm!!

See you in September.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mark D
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Mark D,
Sunny Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort- Sharm El Sheikh.

First let me thank you for visiting Cleopatra luxury Resort and thank you for sharing your comments and experience on TripAdvisor
We are glad to know that you enjoyed staff hospitality and Hotel , food facilities

Your comments are highly appreciated, looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
we will pass your nice comment to our team member , and we appreciate your advance for other guest :)
Manchester, United Kingdom

What a hotel.

Where to start? My girlfriend and I stayed here for one week 22/6-29-6 and everything was fantastic.

The reception team were extremely helpful on our arrival and as we arrived late food was supplied in our room for us to have a light snack.

The concierge was a big help, led us into our room which was massive. The view overlooked the animation pool, the infinity pool and right across over the beach.

The room itself was lovely. Extremely spacious and exceptionally clean. The bed was comfortable and the balcony was good to sit and relax on. The bathroom was large and the shower was also large and powerful.

All the staff are wonderful, so friendly and helpful, nothing is ever too much for them. They work long hard hours but are always attentive to everyone's need and join in having a laugh an sharing a joke.

I would like to give a special mention to Ibrahem from the housekeeping team. Our room was spotless and in great condition. He deserves recognition!!!

The variety of food was brilliant. Breakfast was fantastic with a variety of egg dishes available along with fruits and pastries. The porridge was also a nice touch. We ate lunch down at the beach grill and the food there was lovely, along with the staff. Evening meals were great, the variety was well received and the BBQ was lovely.

This was my first time in Sharm and I would definitely use this hotel again, I recommend it 100% to anyone considering going to Sharm.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Josh W
Dear Josh W,
Sunny Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort- Sharm El Sheikh.

we will pass your nice comment to our team member , and we appreciate your advance for other guest .

all the best
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at Cleopatra Luxury resort with my best friend for 7 days on 3rd June 2014. From arrival the staff were fab and so welcoming. The room was amazing with a perfect view of the infinity pool and cleaned on a daily basis. All the staff on the grounds were really lovely and helpful.
We were on half board basis, the restaurant had a different selection every day and night but unfortunately I would have to give the food about a 3 out of 5.
The private beach is lovely, very quiet and relaxing and with little shelters for privacy.
Have to give praise to all the staff for being so comical and making us feel so welcome, and giving us rides on the buggies when we were too lazy to walk! Will definitely be back to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Helena R
Dear Reviewer ,
Sunny greeting from Cleopatra luxury Resort - Sharm El Sheikh- Red Sea.

Many thanks for staying with us, i am very pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud to continuously receive positive comments like yours...

I am particular pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service performance of our teams, which I will gladly share with our teams.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our resort, please contact us at your convenience if ever we can be of any assistance.
all the best
ireland
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at the Cleopatra Luxury Resort from the 17th to the 24th of June. On arrival, the reception area is stunning, very luxurious and airy. Having checked in, our luggage was taken to the room. We were unhappy with our room (due to the location and lack of a view). We returned to reception and asked to change room. This was a huge ordeal for the guy working on reception (I wish I had his name). We had to argue with him for 10/15 minutes before he eventually agreed to switch our room… this seemed to be a real inconvenience for him. This was the only time during our week long stay that we had any problems with the staff service at the hotel. Every other member of staff we encountered was friendly, helpful and very hardworking.

Our new room was much nicer; it overlooked the infinity pool and the sea. The room was spacious and modern, towels/linen was changed daily and there was always bottled water in the fridge.

The a la carte restaurants at the hotel are both fantastic and offer a nice alternative to eating in the main buffet restaurant. The 5 course meal in the Italian restaurant was very good. You won’t be leaving here hungry, that’s for sure. There is a large variety available; the setting is also very nice. The fish restaurant was great… I’m not a ‘fish fan’ however we decided to try it regardless. The setting is beautiful, with views of the Red Sea and a nice sea breeze present on the outdoor terrace. Not all options on the menu are fish; there are alternatives with every course. Overall I would recommend everyone to try it. Waiter service at both a la carte restaurants was excellent, they always ensure you have a drink and will go out of their way to get anything you need.

For lunch we went to the Beach Grill. There are beautiful views overlooking the sea. The service here is always excellent, there is a wide variety of food which can be ordered, including; pizzas, burgers, salads, fajitas etc. You never have to wait too long on your food. There is an Ice Cream fridge which you can help yourself to.

The entertainment at the hotel was minimal… We didn’t engage in any activities during our stay. The Animation team need to try harder to engage the guests. I like having things to do during the day, and so had I been asked the chances are I would have got involved. The hotel were showing all World Cup games outside on the terrace on a big screen as well as inside in the conference suite, this meant I never had to miss a game. You’re never too far from a bar when you’re watching the football.

I would like to give a special mention to Ahmed from the Lobby Bar. Ahmed is a credit to the hotel. He is always on the go; he remembered our names and always had our drinks ready before we even asked him. Also, Khaled at the Beach Grill also deserves great credit. He was always very welcoming and helpful… nothing was too much to ask. He ensured that you always had a drink and would bring us ice creams after our meal.

Overall we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We have been to Sharm four times and this was our first stay at the Cleopatra, outstanding service at all times. We look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mac15890
Dear Claire_Brandon,
Sunny Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort- Sharm El Shaikh,

Many thanks for your honest review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay & Staff hospitality at Cleopatra Luxury Resort- we much appreciate your time for posting your comments and sharing your experience here., we very happy to enjoyed the food variety at Market restaurant and drinks .

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

just got back from the best two weeks ever! with boyfriend and family! didn't want to leave! from the moment we stepped off the bus, where our luggage was put to the side for us whilst we checked in and was handed a nice refreshing drink! was a fast check in and was taken by golf buggy to our rooms! the staff took our bags to our room. as we missed dinner we were supplied with bread, cheese, ham fruit etc which was nice!

the rooms: absolutely amazing! massive beds! massive walk in shower! a hair dryer that is actually good! good storage availability! safe and a mini fridge filled daily by the cleaner with bottles of water and there was also tea and coffee making facilities, also refilled daily.

Food: I'm such a fussy eater but always managed to find something! breakfast was always great with pancakes and toast and all sorts of eggs! mahmoud on the omelette station was fab and omelettes where so good! lunch in the market restaurant, had a good variety could always have pasta if I didn't like the look of anything else. in the beach grill the fajitas were nice and also the pasta dishes were nice! my boyfriend had fish and chips and said it was lovely! pool bar food was excellent! chips, burgers, chip rolls etc! mahmoud is such a perfectionist so his food was always good! dinner in the market restaurant you can always find something from breaded chicken, lamb, patato dishes, fresh salad, pasta, fish, rice, etc! they have a themed night every night but is always pasta except from
Egyptian night. the staff where very helpful as we're were a party of 6 we sometimes struggled to find a table but was never too much of a problem as they would make a table up. we didn't eat in the fish restaurant but the Fellini meal was amazing! the service in there was excellent! and food was well presented and tasted lovely!

the hotel is very clean! for example everytime I used the stairs to the lobby they were being brushed! the gardeners work so hard in the heat to make the gardens look lovely! and they do a great job! the room cleaner done a good job to keep the rooms clean, always topped us up on water. forgot towels one day but was resolved and was very apologetic.

Mohamed, mahmoud and Ahmed at the pool bar work very hard and are such friendly people! Mohamed and Ahmed being you drinks to your sunbed which is lovely! mahmoud a food is great and is such a nice person! always making you laugh!

the amazing animation!!
adriano, ecko, carla, Farris, David, kelly, Shona, Charlotte and even the DJ! the nicest people! Carla was so helpful the whole holiday! her Mary popins bag of knowledge! especially on aloe Vera! I wouldn't usually get up on to do morning stretching on holiday but carla made it fun! very encouraging to get involved and so glad I did! missing her bubbly personality already! :( the whole animation team are amazing! I could write pages on how nice they are! how crazy Farris is! how cheeky Adriano is! how ecko is a brilliant dancer! how Shona always trys her best to get people involved! kelly being crazy! David's singing and dancing! Charlotte even though she's new always getting stuck in! the evening entertainment was good and varied! the snake show was unvelievable and the animation shows are always funny!

the guest relations are always helpful spoke to Kelly alot about returning and the family suites and was very helpful

we staying in cluster 3 which has a good view of everything! sea, pools and gardens which was nice! whilst there we had a look at the family suites which looked amazing! very big with a kitchens, two bedrooms, two bathrooms two seating areas (one can be made into another room) walk on wardrobe and multiple balcony and extras! we looked as we want to return next year but stay in one of these!

I've already recommended to my friends and family and cannot wait to come back to that fabulous place that I can not praise enough! thank you to everyone who made our stay perfect!

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Zoe b
Dear Zoe ,
Sunny Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort ,
Thank you for giving us such a great feedback on Trip Advisor , following your recent stay at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to let us know about it.

We will pass your lovely comment to all Cleopatra team member you mentioned.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Cleopatra Luxury Resort on your next trip to Sharm El Sheikh.

tayside
Reviewed 28 June 2014

we have just returned from a 15day holiday and the cleopatra is definitely a first class hotel from the excellent and quick check in to the club car to the room with the luggage ,the rooms are large and modern and the bathrooms are super with the walk in shower plenty of storage space all kept spotlessly clean by excellent staff and mini bar stocked daily with plenty of water and the free safe ,The market place is a great resturant with a terrific choice at all meal times and great service to match and both the a la carte are super the italian and the seafood are both excellent and are part of the a/i there are three pools but we liked the infinity pool which is the quiet one and the service given by all the pool boys were good but i must take my hat of to Hani who on the first week gave every one service beyond the call of duty i missed him so much the second week the bar service round the pool is stupendous by the ever smiling always working Mohamed the beach bar is a great snack bar good food and service with terrific views of Tiran island .the other pool bar we did not use but it looked super also,the gardens are beautful and well kept by a good team the gym is good as we tried to keep the wieght down due to the excellent food and drink.The reception bar is good well seved by all sit outside and you have terrific views ,inside the piano player or the guitar player will keep you entertained sitting in lovely sofas and chairs the managment team must be praised for there attention to detail and are ever responsive i could go on and on but ithank everyone who helped us have a great time the customer relations who ensure you are happy and i did enjoy my night at the seafood resturant and watched a young couple have a romantic table all under candle light where he made his proposal i hope she said yes if your looking for a romantic getaway this is the place to come we will be back

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank volvof7
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Sunny greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort- Sharm El Sheikh.

Many thanks for your fantastic" First Class" review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay & Staff hospitality at Cleopatra Luxury Resort- we much appreciate your time for posting your comments and sharing your experience here., we very happy to enjoyed the food and drinks and all our Restaurants.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Savoy Sharm El Sheikh
#44 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,030 reviews
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#15 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sultan Gardens Resort
Sultan Gardens Resort
#19 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,088 reviews

Been to Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!