Let me start off my review by advising this is the best all inclusive resort I've stayed at, stunning views and stunning looking resort. My problems started on my first day though, on arrival at first we were treated like royalty, cold towels on your head and a cool drink on arrival at the stunning reception, this is where the niceties ended however. The hotel didn't have our reservation that we had booked through on the beach. We were told we had to pay £150 for 1 nights stay and as long as the email came through from on the beach the next day then they would refund it immediately. My problem was the fact this put a big hole in our spending money and the staff on reception didn't seem to understand that we wouldn't of come all this way without booking a hotel, his response was it was our fault not there's and there was no option but to charge us £150- this immediately got our backs up. The following day we went back up to reception for our 'refund' and we're told the guy who can do them wasn't in yet and to call back in an hr. As we had Already wasted 1 night and a half a day we left it until mid afternoon to go back to reception and we're told that no refund was required as they hadn't actually taken the money just blocked it, when we checked with bank however they advise that cleopatra hotel had definitely taken the money. We went back to reception only to be told it could actually take 14 days to go back in. As you can imagine this totally ruined our money for the excursions planned for the holiday( complaint in post to on the beach). The problems didn't stop there however- the food was a big issue. The service was indeed exceptional but the food and weather don't match. I implore them to keep it simple and easy and not go over the top with trying too hard to do fancy food. We got given 2 vouchers for the sea food and Italian restaurants on arrival- I would advise to book early as we left it 2 days and were unable to get a table for either restaurant for the whole week, which again the reception staff didn't seem bothered about- why weren't we offered any type of apology for our problems? Instead we were just told it was 'our' fault. Rooms were always clean (although on two occasions we had cockroaches in the room) of our apparent UPGRADED room!! The staff on the whole resort ( besides reception) work really hard to remember your names and drinks and bare in mind Ramadan was going on whilst we were there!! I cut my knee quite badly in one of the pools due to missing tiles and outside the pools are really slippy so be careful! Now my biggest complaint was the shop on site that was absolutely ridiculous. Nothing is priced and they just seem to charge what they want. Don't send your kids in there in their own as they will rip them off, I mean £60 for a lilo? Are you kidding me? As the food was so bad (the resort actually got downgraded to 4 and a half stars whilst we were there due to the food) we thought we would be ok with the shop, however £5 for a packet of crisps? Ridiculous!! The only food that I did enjoy was at the beach grill, however nothing even remotely like this on a night! Special mention for Mahmoud in the food court who did really try for us everyday!! Worse was yet to come however as when we had a little snoop we found a rooftop that all the workers must use that was absolutely disgusting. Food plates left discarded everywhere old rotten food all over as well as cigarettes. There was even a pasta house that had been there that long it was rock hard and rotten! And they wonder where cockroaches come from!! Overall excellent on first look, but look a bit deeper and it really needs a lot of work. Am awaiting done compensation from on the beach and would expect the hotel to address the above issues
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh is located in the Sinai Peninsula in the splendid isolation of Nabq Bay along the shores of the Red Sea with a water front private beach. The Resort offers one of a kind ambiance and style by reflecting the location, culture and history. The Resort combines the tradition of its host community with exceptional Service & Cuisine a luxury product with attention to detail. This distinction elevates Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh into the upper echelon of a five star hotel destination for sophisticated travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cleopatra Luxury Resort Collection Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay