Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
US$132
US$105
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Parrotel Beach Resort(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$64
US$96
US$75
Barcelo.com
US$268
  • Breakfast included
Parrotel Aqua Park(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$31
US$121
US$116
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Jaz Mirabel Beach(Nabq Bay)
US$115
US$111
US$38
US$31
US$49
3,446 results
All reviewsbeach grillinfinity poolred sea wharfpilli pilli barfish restaurantanimation teamlobby barmain restaurantpizzatiran islandsea foodmain poola la carte restaurantspool attendantgreat holidayspecial thanksspecial mention
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

So, me and my bf stayed here for a week. When we got there we were told that we were getting an upgraded room free of charge. We told the receptionist that he wasnt really doing us a favour as we paid for an upgrade anyway. They seemed to do this with all the guests at the hotel. He was kinda rude and seemed annoyed with us for questioning it. We accepted it as we just wanted to start enjoying our holiday.

The grounds of the hotel seemed nice but could be alot better. It looked quite shabby and definitely not 5* or even 4*. The room was spacious but there was no wireless internet! This was a big problem for us. The sunbeds were old, some broken and shabby.

The food was the main problem here. It was pretty much disgusting. I was extremly ill from eating the rubbish food that they served and i didnt even eat a full meal all the time i was there. It was bland and ugly looking. The beach grill served a pathetic excuse of a pizza covered in flour. It was dry and tasteless. The italian restuarant was pretty much the same and barely italian. We didnt eat in the seafood restaurant as they were full on the nights we were able to eat there.

There are rude obnoxious russians everywhere. The people try to rip you off every chance they get.

Sharm is a beautiful place buy we will never be going back to the cleopatra "luxury" (lol) resort!

6  Thank Strawberries52
amrCairo, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear reviewer,
Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort ,

We have 2 types of sea view room Superior and deluxe ,You have booked a superior sea view room and what you got is a deluxe sea view room and that what the receptionist told you . He did not mean to make you a favor but he wanted to please you that you have got a free upgrade to a higher category .

For WIFI issue we offer free WIFI at lobby area , disco and beach grill restaurant and internet with Cable at rooms Free of charge , we didn't mentioned we have free WIFI at rooms.

1- Food issue, kindly note that we have seven different them nights to get guest with different nationalities and test satisfactions..

At Main restaurant we offers 07 different them nights plus to 02 ala crate restaurants and beach grill restaurant plus snacks are available for each pool area include burger , chips

Main Restaurant: we already have a variety and high quality of food presented in the main restaurant through theme nights. So we have Italian, Mexican , French , international ,oriental , gala dinner , Mediterranean and sea food and Caribbean nights .

We have 2 ala carte restaurant : ( Italian & Read Sea wharf ) in which you are entitled to get one per week in each .

In the beach grill : we have a big variety as follows: 2 kinds of salad ( Seasonal salad-Mushroom salad) ,4 kinds of sandwiches (Chicken pane-cold beef-cheese burger-hot dog) , 3 hot dishes (chicken fajita-Beef Fajita-chicken wings) all these dishes with French fries , 3 Kinds of Pasta ( Spaghetti Napolitano-Fuzzily white cream sauce-Penne ala arabbiatta) , 5 Kinds of Pizza (Diavolo-Napoli-Margarita-Vegetarian- Cheese –Sausage).

Cleopatra Luxury Resort is a 5* resort , our Ranked on Trip Advisory is 04th of 29th hotels ..

I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion but I would like to steer you towards the many positive reviews which I am sure you checked before booking your holiday as they do tell a very different story.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2014

My Fiancé and I am just got back from Sharm and we had an excellent time. The hotel is stunning and the staff really help create the atmosphere and make you feel comfortable.

Thank you to the really imaginative cleaner Mohammed for the towel displays, Ali from the beach grill who was a total gentleman and also to Hany who was amazing to us around the pool.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay except for one little thing. The managers were walking around the pool area inspecting different things which was good to see but they were rude to the staff in front of the customers.

2  Thank Norma O
Rashroush M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Norma O,
Warmest Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Thank you for taking the time to write your Fantastic review regarding your stay. Your feedback is always important to us in order to improve our services.

It is great to know that you have chosen our resort for your first visit to sharm el sheikh destination and that the associates of our resort have made your stay at pleasant one.
The genuine care and comfort of our guest is always our highest mission.

Be rest assured that your next visit will be even a more pleasurable one, as we continuously strive to provide the most memorable and unique stay for our guests.

Plasea follow us throw our page on face book Cleopatra Luxury Collection

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the last week of August 2014. I read a lot of the reviews before hand so I was probably expecting the worst.

Check in
We checked in late in the evening and were upgraded to their beautiful sea view rooms with a welcome drinks for all. We Didn't realise how beautiful the views were till the next day. The hotel porter gave us a your of the hotel grounds as he took us down to our room.

Room
The Room was spacious and clean as you can see on the hotel pictures.
The air con could be turned down to a much cooler temperature. We had to ask reception to send someone lower the temperature down as 25 degrees was far too hot to sleep in everyday.
I had an incident with the shower where it fell on me on the first day but this was quickly fixed as soon as we reported it to reception.

The food was edible and there a few choices. It took the kids a while to get used to it but they also had pasta to keep them going. The beach bar serves really nice pizza and it's the place to go if you want chips. Chips was only served on the last 2 days of our stay, not like this was a big negative for us.
Make sure you use your voucher to eat at the fish restaurant and the Italian (Fellini), we certainly enjoyed the food there especially if you don't want buffet food all week.

Excursions
The hotel offers a few excursions, we tried the El Safary, half day trip on the quad bikes and camel rides the guys were organised and it was an enjoyable trip. They also have the desert dive resort reps who you can book a snorkelling and diving trip with, although I must say if you're just snorkelling you can try the hotel pier as they have corals there too. We used the reps for diving one of the best company as we found some people were booking trips outside the hotel which weren't up to the right standards or safety conditions.

Pools
We stayed at the infinity pool but my 10years old loved the activity pool due to the water polo they had on.
Never had problems finding a sun bed as The pool boys were very quick to try and find you one and set up the brollies. You couldn't really get the brollies set up too early as they had strong winds in the morning so be careful as it could fall on you. Another plus side the sea view rooms are right by the infinity pool.

The staff
The staff were ever so kind and polite. From the housekeeper to the pool boys and the waiters. It's up to you if you want to tip, we tipped only because you can tell they work hard and still have a smile on their faces. Mohammed one of the waiters at the main hotel lobby bar seems to work everywhere and worked long hours. They all seem to speak English which isn't something you get everywhere in most cases.

Entertainment
The kids looked forward to the disco but a little boring for the adults. They had a few trips organised to go clubbing but this wasn't our scene with kids so you're left with what's on. Having been to a few resorts in Turkey you can't help but compare. As long as they kept the kids engaged it's fine by me.

Outside the hotel
We booked a taxi with the hotel service to Naama bay at 300 Egyptian pounds return cost. Naama bay was good for shopping but be ready to haggle and slash all the costs down to half. Also you will get hassled a lot on the streets so just walk on by unless you're interested in what they are selling.

There's a few cheap shops outside the hotel which we didn't bother checking out but these are within a walking distance if you're looking for cheap souvenirs.

Check out
As most flights to the uk were in the evening you'll need a late check out. We were able to get a 3pm check out at no extra cost! 6pm would have cost £25 extra but we were being picked up at 5pm and did not see any value in it. You can still get drinks until you leave the hotel and use the hotel facilities.

Overall for a family holiday of 4, we were happy with our stay and believe it was a wonderful all inclusive service, I'm glad we saved a few pennies this summer. It's a great value for money in my opinion.

Thank you Cleopatra hotel.

Stayed: August 2014
Rashroush M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear Ketty

Warmest Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive summary regarding your stay. Your feedback is always important to us in order to improve our services.

It is great to know that you have chosen our resort for your holiday destination and that the associates of our resort have made your stay at pleasant one. The genuine care and comfort of our guest is always our highest mission.

Excursions not offered by hotel "Diving, Water sports, snorkeling by diving center company at hotel" , Safari, etc by tour leaders

Looking to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a week in august. I hope I can give some hints and tips to make your holiday a little bit more enjoyable.
We arrived late at night, nearly 11pm and check in was really quick. We got taken to our room in a golf buggy along with our suitcases and a small snack was also provided (bread, baps, fruit and some cheese).
When we went to our room we noticed the aircon was broken (the room would have melted you!!) and our balcony door lock was broken. We called to reception and someone was with us within 10mins and got both fixed.

The hotel itself is nice, the grounds are well kept and staff are constantly working. It is a little tired in places though, missing tiles in the pools are bad, so many people cut themselves. The pool area is so slippy, I nearly went on my back about 20 times!! You need to be really careful you don't slip!

I'll try and break the rest of this down for you.

Food...
Breakfast - the breakfast here wasn't to my taste, I hate sweet breads etc and I'm used to a good old Ulster fry so I don't let my review of breakfast put you off! There was loads to choose from, cereals, breads, fruit, eggs (cooked various ways) it all looked lovely. No pork anywhere - you won't get a pork sausage. They have chicken sausages and beef sausages. Kind of like the ones you get in a tin of Heinz spaghetti and sausages. Not good. Lol.
Lunch - lunch was lovely!! You can either eat in the buffet "market restaurant" or down at the beach grill. We ate at both but mostly the beach grill as they make a lovely pizza and chips.
Dinner - we loved the buffet food at night, they have a BBQ outside which has turkey etc. The buffet itself at dinner time had plenty of choice and you definitely won't go hungry.

Entertainment..
Prepare to be bored. The entertainment ends very early and you'll be left sitting thinking "is that it?!" Absolutely nothing to do at night and nowhere to go. And you will get a pang of jealously when you hear the tunes pumping from the Russian hotel next door. Bring scrabble.

Drinks...
The wine would strip wallpaper. The beer is rotten. But, a drink is a drink, I stuck to the white wine. You'll get pissed quicker so be careful, a hangover in that heat is horrendous!!

The shops inside the hotel...
Very expensive. You will get ripped off. As tempting as it is because it's handy, buy what you need from the shops down the street (left and right from outside the hotel)
Do NOT buy the Egyptian oils and aloe Vera... We were told the aloe Vera would help for sunburn and to use it before we sunbathed - it didn't help. It made it worse. We still owe that cowboy 150 Egyptian pounds - obv, we didn't pay.

The pool...
There's 2 main pools. One "noisy pool" and the infinity pool. The noisy one has a swim up bar which you can also get a burger and chips. The food is nice enough but the mix of raw and cooked burgers looked abit dodgy to me.

Outside of the hotel...
You can get a taxi to the nearest McDonald's, we paid 140 return with the hotel taxi service. There's also a KFC and a few British pubs which was great! The price of stuff in shops is much cheaper there too! Just be careful. You get hassled ALOT. Some of them are very rude which resulted in a quick "F OFF" from my boyfriend. I wouldn't advise anyone to repeat it. It didn't go down too well. Haha!!

The beach/sea...
Lovely beach and sea. The pier is great too, lovely view and so many colourful fish. The sea itself is very shallow and then it has a sudden drop, you can't walk to it, the lifeguards whistle at you to come back. It's a 25ft drop and there's coral.
The shallow beach/sea is lovely to walk around but YOU WILL MOST DEF NEED SHOES. There are more things in that shallow sea that will bite and sting you, we got shoes from down the street for £4 English pounds. The shop at the hotel wanted £20. In the pockets of deeper water in the sea we seen sea snakes, massive eels, loads of colourful fish and jaggy black things that like to hide on the bottom of the seabed, they are everywhere and will give you a nasty jag if you step on one. The snorkelling is very good, just off the pier.

The newspaper seller...
He wanted £5 British pounds for the sun newspaper. I told him I would give him £3, he said ok but as I was at the pool I had no cash so he agreed I could pay him the next day. Sure enough, he came over the following day but he said we agreed £4 (which we didn't) and he stood and argued with me. I know it's only £1 but it's the point of it. He wouldn't take £3 and I wasn't giving him £4. He tortured us multiple times to get £4, he got nothing at the end. Avoid him unless you have the money there and then.

Beach sellers...
You will come across Egyptians who make their way onto the beach to try and sell tat. Watch your bags. These people have nothing to do with the hotel. They also send Egyptian children with necklaces over to you, begging you to buy. You will also see a few women sellers hiding under the pier and they asked me to go to my hotel and bring them food - and ice cream. They had no chance. But people must do it for them as I have seen empty dirty plates under the pier.

Money...
There's an atm in the hotel which gives you a great rate. £11.67 Egyptian for £1 English. Keep your money in the bank and change it over there.

British pubs...
If you walk out of the hotel and turn right and keep walking you'll come across a lovely British pub! Sometimes it's nice to feel at home!

The rooms...
The rooms are very spacious and clean. Towels were changed every day and we also had a cool towel monkey left in out room one day!

EGYPTIAN TUMMY...
Jesus Christ almighty. There's no avoiding it. Bring Imodium. You will need it.

Check out...
Check out is at 12, we Wernt leavin the hotel til 7pm. They wer looking 45 euros to keep the room until 3pm. We didn't take up their offer but you can still use ur all inclusive until you leave which was great.

Overall the hotel was very good. A few wee niggly things but nothing major. I don't think I would go back to this hotel though.

If anyone has any more questions about the hotel feel free to ask :)

11  Thank wmcc17
Rashroush M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Sunny greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort- Sharm El Sheikh.

Many thanks for your fantastic review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at Cleopatra Luxury Resort- we much appreciate your time for posting your comments and sharing your experience here.

We do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort. we will pass your nice comment to our team member.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Just returned from the Cleopatra Luxury resort where we had a great two week stay. We traveled as a family of three.
Our stay was made so enjoyable by the people we met, many of whom we will keep in touch with (thank you everyone) and also to a large number of the staff who worked so hard to make our stay enjoyable.

This is however a review of the hotel not my overall holiday:

Room: Our room had the most amazing view overlooking the infinity pool and out towards the sea (thank you Emad for meeting our requests)

Hotel layout: The hotel is well designed and makes the most of the amazing views, all areas of the hotel are easily reached with short walking distance.

Hotel up keep: V Poor, the hotel has been allowed to deteriorate badly in such a short space of time, some restoration started to take place as we were there but not soon enough for our visit. The pools are in a bad condition as are the beds and shades.(We did however avoid the bad areas where feet were cut rather than still swim there hoping for best!) The cleaning is not thorough or closely inspected (i.e discarded nappy left uncollected for three days). We booked this hotel based on the luxury concept!

Bars: Drinks widely available during the day across a number of bars and we certainly enjoyed trying the variety on offer. However at times the staff could not cope with demand and drinks were served in hot glasses or without ice as they had run out across the hotel. In the evening the selection of bar areas and space to sit and relax is limited.

Restaurants: The main buffet is adequate but not great and this is certainly where in other countries you get greater selection and quality (but you pay much more). The waiting staff here are disorganised and at no time did i see a table wiped between each customer. New cutlery was just placed with a paper napkin.

The two a la carte restaurants offer a change with our preference being the fish (however being overcome by wood preserve fumes from roof top maintenance on one visit was just one example of poor management)

Animation and entertainment: The animation team come largely from an agency who supply hotels on demand and a number joined and even left while we were there. However some were exceptional, Magdy, Gary (Civil engineer) Valentino, Football skills man (sorry forgot your name). Had some nice chats also with Racheal and Annie. Jess you really need to think is this the career for you! A more organised programme would make these guys even better.

The evening entertainment was not high quality compared to that experienced on other vacations.

Staff: Most in general work so hard. Special thx to Mohamed (terraced bar), Mustafa and Ahmed (Pool Bar). Khaled (Beech Grill and Fish restaurant)

Security: As for previous review, we know this was not the only theft by staff at the hotel - with the theft of other Ipads from rooms - shame on them. So i dont think the cleaner really did put them safe do you! The management also whilst knowing it was the staff tried to brush under the carpet.

Would i recommend this hotel: I would if you are looking for a relaxing break, with beautiful views with food not your main driver as to overall holiday enjoyment! Also if you need to carry an ipad or valuables be v careful where you leave them.

Room Tip: Infinitypooland see view rooms amazing
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank prochg
amrCairo, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2014

Dear Guest,
Warmest Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review regarding your stay. Your feedback is always important to us in order to improve our services.

Your concerns and feedback have been acknowledged, noted and shared to our management.